He Don't Write, He Don't Call - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jun 30th, 2012, 9:48 am Thread Starter

He Don't Write, He Don't Call

A couple of years ago I shipped a bike to a mid-south state that lies between Kentucky and Georgia. I called Wolverine Logistics and Matt handled the move. He was late picking the bike up due to problems with his truck which is an acceptable delay. He delivered the bike on time and it came through in good shape. When I shipped the bike back to California Matt wasnít available and I used another carrier who wasnít nearly as careful with the bike, delivering it covered in dust as if it had sat outside for a couple of weeks.
This spring I again wanted to ship the bike to the same mid-south state location and based on my last experience with Wolverine Logistics I called Matt and we set a date for pickup, a one-week window in early April. I also give him a $50 deposit which I assume assures Iím legit and not going to cancel on him at the last minute. Matt assured me that heíll give me 24 to 48 hours notice of the intended pickup date and time.
Comes time for the week-long window for pick-up and no Matt. No phone call, no email, nada, zip, no nothing. So I call him on the last day of the window and get a lame excuse that he or his second truck and driver will be here in a couple of weeks. He gives me a new series of dates for pickup.
The new week-long window for pickup arrives and no Matt, no new driver, no phone call, no email, no nothing. So I call Matt on the last day of the window and ask WTF is going on. Matt gives me an excuse which by now I think he is reading from a list he keeps; that theyíll give me 24 to 48 hours notice, his truck is in Los Angeles. Problem is Iíve scheduled my departure via airline to said mid-south state and his pickup time is after Iím scheduled to leave.
Somewhat perturbed I tell him that keeping an agreed upon schedule is important. Not calling people isnít acceptable and is certainly no way to run a business. I cancel him as a transporter and tell him I want my $50 deposit back since he hasnít fulfilled his obligation. He gets surly (big surprise) and says: ďOkay, weíll give you your deposit backĒ, and hangs up. Great customer relations Matt. As of June 30th still no deposit returned. Big surprise.
So hereís the bottom line. If you plan on shipping your bike with Wolverine Logistics, plan way, way ahead, start calling them on the first day of the week-long pickup window asking their ETA, and donít make any personal plans that may interfere with Mattís . Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jun 30th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Re: He Don't Write, He Don't Call

If you paid by credit card write your issuer and cancel the charge.

Silly question, but why not ride the bike out and back and avoid the middle men ?

BTW: What kind of bike ?

And is there any particular reason you will not say "Tennessee" in your post ?

Doug Stracener
2011 RT polar metallic
Attorney,
MSF #127350,
Instructor, Motorcycle Safety Program Louisiana Department of Public Safety
NAUI Scuba Instructor #36288
Divers Alert Network Board member
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 1st, 2012, 10:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka5ysy
If you paid by credit card write your issuer and cancel the charge.

Silly question, but why not ride the bike out and back and avoid the middle men ?

BTW: What kind of bike ?

And is there any particular reason you will not say "Tennessee" in your post ?
You wrote my post.

Except, I want to know why the OP would even suggest anyone use Wolverine Logistics EVER? This guy sounds like a crook ... or a knucklehead, at best. Then again, we are only hearing one side of the story.

- Joe

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 1st, 2012, 3:39 pm Thread Starter

Paid with PayPal, mistake. Should have used a credit card.

Didn't ride because it was less expensive to ship the bike than to spend five days on the road with motel, food, and gas costs. Plus I'm not particulary enamored with some of the states one must pass through to get from CA to TN. No offense meant.

Bike is a 2009 BMW 1200RT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in