Not a telemarketer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 8:12 pm Thread Starter

Not a telemarketer

Well, now that we have the no call lists for telemarketers, the bastards have come up with a new idea. We've been inundated by folks calling as "research" groups. Every night now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Mar 24th, 2006, 11:06 pm
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Well, now that we have the no call lists for telemarketers, the bastards have come up with a new idea. We've been inundated by folks calling as "research" groups. Every night now.
Did you know that these guys have a black list too? Getting onto that is a bit thougher though. What I usually do when I see in what direction that call is going is to get into the chat with them for about 2 minutes, start their 'research' and then I get 'called away' and I tell them: "Hang on a minute, be right back" and set the phone aside. .... And leave it there, .... If they are still on after 5 minutes, I give them a short "I am so sorry, I'll be right back" and put it aside again.

Usually after only a few calls they get the hint and the calls slowly subside. In the meantime I miss it somehow having fun on their dime. I wish more folks would do that.
post #3 of 11 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 5:56 am

Andy: Very clever... I'm not as cordial. I'm kinda rude, obnoxious and curt! (without saying a word) I simply hang up the phone.

Chuck J

02 K1200LT (Black Beauty)

New friends make it all worthwhile!!! Smile, its catching.

post #4 of 11 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 6:10 am

My nephew does something neat. He says "This is not a convenient time, if you'll give me your home phone number I'll call you back when it's more convenient." 'Any guess how many takers he gets?

When you're comfortable...Riding Is Wonderful

Joyfully, MOPMan (Jim Mick)
post #5 of 11 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 9:06 pm

What to get on their black list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Did you know that these guys have a black list too? Getting onto that is a bit thougher though. What I usually do when I see in what direction that call is going is to get into the chat with them for about 2 minutes, start their 'research' and then I get 'called away' and I tell them: "Hang on a minute, be right back" and set the phone aside. .... And leave it there, .... If they are still on after 5 minutes, I give them a short "I am so sorry, I'll be right back" and put it aside again.

Usually after only a few calls they get the hint and the calls slowly subside. In the meantime I miss it somehow having fun on their dime. I wish more folks would do that.
If I have a little time, I ask for a "quote" on everything they are selling, when it get up about a few thousand I tell them, thank you for quoting me, I don't have credit cards every since I filed for bankruptcy and I looking for someone to extend me credit...usually I don't even get a chance to say goodbye, and they don't call back...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #6 of 11 Old Mar 25th, 2006, 9:40 pm

Being a phone guy, I have a commercial phone & voicemail system at my house. I simply ask them to hold, then transfer them into "THE MAILBOX FROM HELL"! It contains a greeting that's about 5 minutes long explaining just how much I am disinterested in their products and/or services and to take me off their call list. Very effective! And, I waste no time.
post #7 of 11 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 1:49 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Yeah, I keep thinking about printing up something similar for those postage-paid envelopes that come with all the junk mail.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 11 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 7:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Yeah, I keep thinking about printing up something similar for those postage-paid envelopes that come with all the junk mail.
Simple. You just cram all the trash that will fit into the post paid envelope and send it to them, let them take out the trash.
post #9 of 11 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 7:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Simple. You just cram all the trash that will fit into the post paid envelope and send it to them, let them take out the trash.
and they get to pay for it. Sweet.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #10 of 11 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 7:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Being a phone guy, I have a commercial phone & voicemail system at my house. I simply ask them to hold, then transfer them into "THE MAILBOX FROM HELL"! It contains a greeting that's about 5 minutes long explaining just how much I am disinterested in their products and/or services and to take me off their call list. Very effective! And, I waste no time.
Joe, you probably have a PBX w/Audix on your bike. "Press 1 to speak to Joe; press 2 to speak with our next available representative about installing farkles; press 3 to speak with an operator."

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #11 of 11 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Talking

Try this tell them that you can not talk at the moment. then ask for their number. Say you will call them back, at supper time the next day.
They don't stay on the line very long.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in