American Cancer Society fundraiser - SS1000 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 26th, 2012, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

American Cancer Society fundraiser - SS1000

< Note: A few weeks ago I sent this note to a personal email distribution list. I'm posting it here for your information if you'd care to participate in this worthy cause. I got approval from the powers-that-be to post this solicitation on this site.>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friends and family,

We all know someone whose life has been affected by cancer, and that is why I am writing to you today.

Across the U.S., “Relay For Life” is the major fundraising effort for local support in fighting cancer through the efforts of the American Cancer Society (“ACS”). Traditionally, the fundraising portion of Relay For Life is a one-day event with volunteers who walk or run a certain number of miles, backed by donors who have pledged a donation for each mile completed. This year the Lancaster, Ohio chapter of the ACS has added a new way to raise funds and I will be participating in this event.

Fighting cancer takes an extraordinary effort by researchers, doctors and patients. In that spirit, I am attempting the extraordinary feat of riding 1,000 miles by motorcycle in 24 hours. As of today there are nine riders from this area participating, all of whom will ride at least 1,000 miles to raise money for Relay For Life. Our ride will take place on June 16th, 2012 and will take us through six different states – starting in Lancaster, OH and riding to Charleston, WV, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis, MO, and then on to Springfield, IL, Indianapolis, IN, and home again. The ride will be supported with periodic rest breaks and a support vehicle. All costs associated with the ride are borne by the riders – ACS funds and donations will not be used.

On a personal note, I am dedicating this effort to the memory of Sally Schisler, my mother, and Frances Tener, my mother-in-law – both victims of cancer – and on behalf of my brother Gary Schisler, representing cancer survivors everywhere.

Today, I am asking for your support of this worthy cause. Please prayerfully consider supporting this effort in one of these ways:

1. Pledge a contribution for each mile I ride.
2. Simply make a lump sum donation. Even the smallest amounts make a difference.

Your donation is 100% tax-deductible. If you wish to make a donation online, click here, then click on “Donate On My Behalf” and provide the requested information. It takes about two minutes. If you prefer, you can just contact me directly (email or telephone) and I’ll keep track of your name and pledge amount, then follow-up with you later regarding that.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and support,
Howard Schisler
(740) 536-7338
[email protected]

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hschisler; May 26th, 2012 at 4:05 pm. Reason: fixed typos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in