BMW 15% parts discounts - through Costco? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Feb 28th, 2012, 9:53 pm Thread Starter

BMW 15% parts discounts - through Costco?

Yup, pinch me.

Go here and tell me why you can't order BMW motorcycle parts through your friendly local BMW auto dealership parts counter - ESPECIALLY if you have the parts number already - and get a cool 15% discount. (Parts counter guys love it when you just give them the number instead of them having to look it up - and they'll probably think you're pretty damned clever too.)

Click on the parts and service button in the top toolbar of this link:

Costco Auto | Buy new, factory-certified pre-owned cars | Auto sales

The fine print on the coupon I printed out says the offer is good on any VEHICLE owned by a Costco member and that:

"This coupon is good for a 15% discount off new or factory re manufactured Parts, Service and Accessories at the participating Costco Auto Program dealership listed above."

Ya gotta print out the coupon first - and of course - be a member. I sure wouldn't mention the discount coupon until you pick up the parts in person and pay the nice lady.

While I don't think this program was ever intended for motorcycle parts I don't think they have much choice but to honor it - until such time as they put an explicit disclaimer in the fine print. ...and really, are they going to po a potential future customer for 15%?

So don't tell ANYONE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:58 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 7:23 am

Re: BMW 15% parts discounts - through Costco?

OK, sounds interesting, but has anyone tried this. Wonder if car and bike parts come from the same distribution center? If not, can the car dealer actually order bike parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Yup, pinch me.

Go here and tell me why you can't order BMW motorcycle parts through your friendly local BMW auto dealership parts counter - ESPECIALLY if you have the parts number already - and get a cool 15% discount. (Parts counter guys love it when you just give them the number instead of them having to look it up - and they'll probably think you're pretty damned clever too.)

Click on the parts and service button in the top toolbar of this link:

Costco Auto | Buy new, factory-certified pre-owned cars | Auto sales

The fine print on the coupon I printed out says the offer is good on any VEHICLE owned by a Costco member and that:

"This coupon is good for a 15% discount off new or factory re manufactured Parts, Service and Accessories at the participating Costco Auto Program dealership listed above."

Ya gotta print out the coupon first - and of course - be a member. I sure wouldn't mention the discount coupon until you pick up the parts in person and pay the nice lady.

While I don't think this program was ever intended for motorcycle parts I don't think they have much choice but to honor it - until such time as they put an explicit disclaimer in the fine print. ...and really, are they going to po a potential future customer for 15%?

So don't tell ANYONE!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 8:33 am
cwo
Lifetime Supporter

Wonder if a Kontour seat would qualify??

Life is ephemeral. Don't waste it lookin up big words.

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Off parts AND service at participating dealers.......

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

post #5 of 8 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
OK, sounds interesting, but has anyone tried this. Wonder if car and bike parts come from the same distribution center? If not, can the car dealer actually order bike parts?
I just ordered a small part of the ignition switch for my 79' R80 through our local BMW auto dealer - it will be here next Monday.

Retail price is $10.59 plus tax and no shipping. 15% discount is $1.58, my price $9.01 plus tax.

Certainly not a lot of money, but if one would like to have a factory new LT final drive with a 2 year warranty as a spare (assuming they are available) that would be a $220.88 savings!

($1472.52 - 220.88 = $1251.64)

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #6 of 8 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknightga6
Off parts AND service at participating dealers.......
I don't think a BMW auto dealer would be interested in servicing your bike - but your car - heck yeah!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 31st, 2012, 12:44 am
IBR# 366

Garage

I tried this last week, and it failed.

Went to the Costco page, filed out the form, got my coupon, and went to the recommended BMW auto dealer in Portland with a list of ~$2,000 in parts with BMW part numbers.

It confused the counter kid, who grabbed an older parts guy. He looked at my list, looked at the Costco paper, and told me:

1) They can't order motorcycle parts, period.

2) The Costco discount was only good for parts AND service done at that dealer, period.

He didn't budge after a brief rebuttal, so I realized that it wasn't worth arguing with him, and I left.

BTW, the Countryside Promo15 code still seems to work.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 8 Old Apr 1st, 2012, 10:54 am Thread Starter

Sorry to hear that Ken, it worked just fine for me... I wonder if there is a parts number for a new K1600GT?

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in