Minnesota Voter Fraud? - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Feb 28th, 2012, 7:44 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Lynn_Keen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North East Florida, FL, USA
Posts: 2,252
Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Don't want to start political debate here but the attached video is going around on the WEB and I'm really curious as to it's validity. So, if you live in Minnesota perhaps you can comment. If it is true it's pretty scary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GqMVxeZhflI&feature=player_embedded #!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lynn_Keen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old Feb 28th, 2012, 8:53 am
Senior Member
 
Palerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Big Piney, Wyoming, USA
Posts: 1,745
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

'nuff said...........thanx Lynn



Jim and Cyndy
'03 Black..."Ol' Dollar"
TDMTT
Palerider is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old Feb 28th, 2012, 9:06 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Myrtle Beach SC, SC, USA
Posts: 2,192
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Me thinks maybe we should have a voter registration drive at CCR this year

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jeffklt is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 Old Feb 28th, 2012, 9:59 am
Senior Member
 
patrick2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Eugene, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,149
Garage
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
Don't want to start political debate here but the attached video is going around on the WEB and I'm really curious as to it's validity. So, if you live in Minnesota perhaps you can comment. If it is true it's pretty scary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GqMVxeZhflI&feature=player_embedded #!

Sad , but sadder is that the citizen's vote is benign in our one party system.
patrick2000 is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old Feb 28th, 2012, 11:35 am
Senior Member
 
joegottberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mooresville, NC, USA
Posts: 1,191
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

No Coffee for me, this fires me up.

Status-quo or Unique instance?

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"


Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
joegottberg is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 7:33 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Lynn_Keen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North East Florida, FL, USA
Posts: 2,252
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

It's disappointing that there have been no comments from anyone in Minnesota. I just keep wondering if what's presented in this video is factual?

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lynn_Keen is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 7:41 am
Senior Member
 
bigbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Winnebago, IL, USA
Posts: 1,178
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Still have lot's of relatives in MN and they have not mentioned anything about this. That does not mean it is not happening.

Here in Illinois they take buses and vans into low rent neighborhoods and pick them up so they can vote. How many of them have valid social security numbers or other valid ID has been questioned many times. A good friend of mine's wife works for a local state representative and some of the information she shares is shocking to say the least.

I suspect you dig a little ways below the surface and you will find this problem in every state, just some more prevalent than others.

Example: Wasn't Florida the state that couldn't count ballots few years ago?

Roy

Roy Gregersen

Ride Slow, Ride Fast, Always Ride Safe
85 K100RT sold
02 LTC DOA 9/21/14
12 R1200RT
bigbear is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:16 pm
Senior Member
 
UltraLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Posts: 687
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

At the last Presidential election, I witnesses people bringing mentally incompetent residence from a care home to both register and vote. You may ask how I know they were incompetent? I had to stand in line with them for over an hour. They did not know what day it was, what they were doing there and could not control their body functions. I saw the care givers register them and help them vote. I protested to the Precinct Captain and said they were not doing anything illegal. So then I wrote the Attorney General of the State and months later he replied and sent me a copy of state law, that states that incompetent people can vote in the State of NC. I point out, these were care givers, not family members, because they were wearing uniforms.

I guess that explains how one particular party won by a slight margin that time.

I have ancestors who died to defend this country to allow us the priviledge to vote. This totally infuriates me. I guess I am in a minority in that regard.

Ultra LT
UltraLT is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 2:55 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Lynn_Keen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North East Florida, FL, USA
Posts: 2,252
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear

Example: Wasn't Florida the state that couldn't count ballots few years ago?

Roy
Your absolutely correct! Florida is certainly not any better than any other state but at least you have to show up and present some form of photo ID in order to register to vote. Of course that doesn't mean that your competent to vote but at least you can't obtain an absentee ballot without first dragging a warm body with some form of ID to the registration office!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lynn_Keen is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 6:01 pm
Senior Member
 
ChiefMn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Shoreview, Mn., USA
Posts: 233
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

It's happening,wouldn't want to offend anyone by making them show an I D.About as stupid as allowing someone to wear a burka on a Drivers License.Also have every obscure religious holiday celebrated in the schools as long as it isn't christian.

Jeff Bokusky

Shoreview ,Mn.

2001 K1200LT ---
1973 Harley FLH 96 c.i.
1948 Harley EL 88 c.i.
1985 kawasaki KX250
1993 honda XR 200--
1978 Triumph Bonneville
ChiefMn is offline  
post #11 of 18 Old Feb 29th, 2012, 8:24 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,776
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMn
It's happening,wouldn't want to offend anyone by making them show an I D. ...
+1.

Somehow, having proper ID in order to vote has been turned around and is called "disenfranchisement". I don't get that. I'm not saying all voters need to be land owners or anything, but we need a way to prevent voter fraud.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #12 of 18 Old Mar 1st, 2012, 6:56 am
Senior Member
 
mwnahas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bedford Hts, OH, USA
Posts: 4,234
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
+1.

I'm not saying all voters need to be land owners or anything...
Why not have to be a land owner to vote on property tax?

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
mwnahas is offline  
post #13 of 18 Old Mar 15th, 2012, 12:42 am
Senior Member
 
patrick2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Eugene, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,149
Garage
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
+1.

Somehow, having proper ID in order to vote has been turned around and is called "disenfranchisement". I don't get that. I'm not saying all voters need to be land owners or anything, but we need a way to prevent voter fraud.
What ever happened to FREEDOM first? Having to present an ID that fits the governing elites standards is a step back.
patrick2000 is offline  
post #14 of 18 Old Mar 15th, 2012, 1:40 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
ErnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukie, OR, USA
Posts: 2,334
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick2000
What ever happened to FREEDOM first? Having to present an ID that fits the governing elites standards is a step back.
If a legal US citizen (oxymoron since you are not a citizen unless you are legally here, right?) is required to provide ID to vote is a "step back" then what is a step forward? Especially important if non-legals, or fraudulent voters, are indeed voting when they should not be. I would love to see critics come up with solutions and not just statements. Thanks in advance.


P.S.
What Oregon is doing: http://oregonvotes.org/HAVA/doc/voti...L620_06-11.pdf

I can see several opportunities for voter fraud here in our state Patrick. It all looks like a pretty loose system for something we take so seriously.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ErnieA is offline  
post #15 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2012, 1:23 am
Senior Member
 
patrick2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Eugene, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,149
Garage
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieA
If a legal US citizen (oxymoron since you are not a citizen unless you are legally here, right?) is required to provide ID to vote is a "step back" then what is a step forward? Especially important if non-legals, or fraudulent voters, are indeed voting when they should not be. I would love to see critics come up with solutions and not just statements. Thanks in advance.


P.S.
What Oregon is doing: http://oregonvotes.org/HAVA/doc/voti...L620_06-11.pdf

I can see several opportunities for voter fraud here in our state Patrick. It all looks like a pretty loose system for something we take so seriously.
Ernie,
Great to her from you. Perhaps I failed to inject enough sarcasm into my post. In a previous post I addressed our single party system. So, why vote?

See you in Gold Beach at WCR?
patrick2000 is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2012, 5:12 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
ErnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukie, OR, USA
Posts: 2,334
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick2000
Ernie,
Great to her from you. Perhaps I failed to inject enough sarcasm into my post. In a previous post I addressed our single party system. So, why vote?

See you in Gold Beach at WCR?
I'll again in case you didn't notice. see you in GB!

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ErnieA is offline  
post #17 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Senior Member
 
2Wheelroadtrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Janesville, MN, USA
Posts: 321
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

In Minnesota anybody could go in and vote for me since I am already a registered voter. All they would need to know is which school district I am in and my name. They do not require any ID. If you are not registered you can at the polls with a utility bill with your name on it or somebody who is registered can vouch for you. I just checked the form from the state and it does have the boxes if you are or not a citizen or 18yrs of age. of course it says "If you mark “NO” to either of these questions, DO NOT complete this form." There is a large amount of faith put in the honesty of the people. I would prefer that they required ID but the people that oppose it say that too many older people do not have ID after they no longer drive. Personally I do not trust too many people on either side of the political process.

2Wheelroadtrip (Barney)
03 LTC
82 Aspencade
Time Out camper



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not where we go. It's that we go.

The information from this site and its members has proven to be invaluable again.
2Wheelroadtrip is offline  
post #18 of 18 Old Mar 17th, 2012, 2:25 am
Senior Member
 
patrick2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Eugene, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,149
Garage
Re: Minnesota Voter Fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Wheelroadtrip
In Minnesota anybody could go in and vote for me since I am already a registered voter. All they would need to know is which school district I am in and my name. They do not require any ID. If you are not registered you can at the polls with a utility bill with your name on it or somebody who is registered can vouch for you. I just checked the form from the state and it does have the boxes if you are or not a citizen or 18yrs of age. of course it says "If you mark “NO” to either of these questions, DO NOT complete this form." There is a large amount of faith put in the honesty of the people. I would prefer that they required ID but the people that oppose it say that too many older people do not have ID after they no longer drive. Personally I do not trust too many people on either side of the political process.
Not too much to worry about in a one party system. Voting is a tactic that keeps the masses feeling like they have a choice .
patrick2000 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone - GS-911 diagnostic tool - Minnesota MNTodd K1200LT 0 Apr 22nd, 2009 6:11 am
Minnesota LT riders GolfGuy Mid West 13 Dec 26th, 2007 3:59 pm
Update on Fraud and Deciet cherokee123 K1200LT 16 Jun 3rd, 2007 9:13 am
Minnesota Doctors.... bigbear Humor 0 Mar 30th, 2007 10:31 am
For the boys from Minnesota dcwchfc Humor 0 Oct 1st, 2006 12:52 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome