Blaze Anti Fog - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 11:51 am Thread Starter

Thumbs down Blaze Anti Fog

Bought this stuff from a snake oil salesman at the NY Motorycle show after watching a demonstartion where he held glasses, goggles, and face shields over a steam kettle and nothing fogged up. So I fork over $27 for a two years supply, try it out and my face shield fogs up worse than it ever did. So I email the company, get NO response, then I google Blaze anti fog and find rip-off report after rip-off report all over the place.
Anti fog solution is not something you would normally check out before going to the bike show, and it was an impressive demonstration.
Needless to say, they are scam artists, their web site is down and if you see these bums anywhere at Americade, Laconia, wherever you might go, kick 'em in the ass for me.

2005 K1200LT
1987 K75S
2010 Honda XR650
Buell Ulsses (R.I.P)
R100GS
++++++
"Hey, I figure what the hell, you know what I mean??"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:40 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Blaze Anti Fog

Sounds like what you need is anti-anti-fog shield from Blaze. Fortunately, I'm an authorized dealer, if you send me $27 in cash, I'll ship you a jar of it.

(sorry, every time I look at my sham-wow towels that don't absorb all of the water on a surface, I feel your pain)

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #3 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 1:08 pm

Naw, man, you want Anti-DeFawg Pro...my product only costs $19.95! And I'll throw in a Sham-Woah to apply it with!

------------------------
05 LT - Blue
03 VTX 1300s - fun while it lasted, sucked in the cold.

post #4 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 3:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Two things...

Do a search cause I think it's on here someplace. A legitimate site selling industrial grade anti fog stuff that seems to be pretty good. I've never used it, but others were very positive on it. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is ; from the other site:

http://www.motosolutions.com/raincoat.html

Never buy anything like that without putting it on a credit card. You can get your money back if it is not legitimate. If they don't take credit cards an alert should go off.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 6:14 pm
Lifetime Supporter

You also might want to take a look at Webbikeworld they do all kinds of product tests, here is their link to anti fog stuff. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...son-review.htm

Sorry this will not help now.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #6 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 6:52 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Well, that's great. A friend and I split a batch of this stuff at the Cleveland IMS. The vendor cleaned my glasses (one side first), then did the same steam/vaporizer test you describe. It was impressive, and I have such a problem with my visor fogging up that I couldn't get the money out fast enough.

I haven't tried the stuff on my visor yet. Maybe others will be warned away from this stuff.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #7 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 7:25 pm

A friend of mine bought some of that stuff at the cleveland bike show one year. I suggested to him it wasnt a good idea but he wanted to give it a try.He was sorry afterwards too
post #8 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 7:33 pm

You might try this stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Ek-123625-Cat-.../dp/B002ZNA488.

Cat Crap. The stuff actually works.

I think I will try one of the pin visor thingeys though. Supposed to work great and easier to use to boot.
Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #9 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 7:36 pm

I tried the Rain-x and it worked for water, don't know about fog.

Amway had some stuff for glasses ( many years ago) and it worked great!!

Bowdon
post #10 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 9:47 pm

I found the WEBBIKEWORLD review for Cat Crap! Yee haaaaa!

Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa1200lt
You might try this stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Ek-123625-Cat-.../dp/B002ZNA488.

I think I will try one of the pin visor thingeys though. Supposed to work great and easier to use to boot.
Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

post #11 of 17 Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:30 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa1200lt

Loren
+1 on Cat Crap!

Webbikeworld Review
Another review here

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #12 of 17 Old Feb 1st, 2012, 7:26 am

Been using Cat Crap for years on glasses and ski goggles and love it!

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #13 of 17 Old Feb 1st, 2012, 7:28 am
Lifetime Supporter

A lot of what I do for fun seems to involve either helmets or face masks and I have found that for helmets up to about 22,000 feet when you quickly go from comfortable to below 0, a clean faceplate has less condensation than one that is dirty. On the high altitude jumps, keeping the face shield clean is significant. Not breathing on it and if possible fresh air blowing on it also help.

Diving underwater, what I had for breakfast seems to work most of the time too! (spit rinsed off right before going underwater.

A lot of the divers also use either my spit, their own (Ha) or diluted Johnson's Baby shampoo.

Motorcycle helmet face shield - I keep it clean. I had the double plate on my Schuberth, but didn't like the line around my eyes, so I removed it with no noticeable change.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #14 of 17 Old Feb 1st, 2012, 8:46 am
Lifetime Supporter

I tried cat crap on my visor a couple years ago. Didn't do what I was expecting, in fact I couldn't see through the visor with that stuff on it.

My damn cat looked at me funny, too.

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #15 of 17 Old Feb 1st, 2012, 9:03 am

Paul, Thanks for posting the link to the review. I guess I forgot to pull the trigger on the link!

Pete, It would probably make it easy to get a table at the local diner though!

Does anyone out there use the pin lock face shield system? I am specifically wondering if the internal shield causes any problems with polarized sunglasses.

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

post #16 of 17 Old Feb 1st, 2012, 8:51 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Green Palmolive dish soap - a 20+ life time buy for $3.00. Not as good as Cat Crap but it doesn't melt in the summer when you leave it in your tank bag. Works about 3-4 hours then re-apply.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #17 of 17 Old Feb 6th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnickfly
Bought this stuff from a snake oil salesman at the NY Motorycle show after watching a demonstartion where he held glasses, goggles, and face shields over a steam kettle and nothing fogged up. So I fork over $27 for a two years supply, try it out and my face shield fogs up worse than it ever did. So I email the company, get NO response, then I google Blaze anti fog and find rip-off report after rip-off report all over the place.
Anti fog solution is not something you would normally check out before going to the bike show, and it was an impressive demonstration.
Needless to say, they are scam artists, their web site is down and if you see these bums anywhere at Americade, Laconia, wherever you might go, kick 'em in the ass for me.
To the OP: Couldn't have put it better myself. I did try, though. lol Below is what I posted on a few other forums that I regularly participate in, after I went to the D.C. cycle show. (Spotted your post in a google search.)

>>So I saw this vendor booth at the Progressive motorcycle show for Blaze Anti-Fog stuff. The claim was that it cleans glasses and visors, and more importantly renders helmet visors fog-free. This is a problem for me in winter riding, so of course I was impressed by the prop display at the convention where they had a humidifier set up, held up a partially-treated visor over it and lo and behold, the treated half did not fog up.

$25 later I wandered away from the fast-talkin' salesman with their product kit.

Well I guess you can see where this is going. I got home and tried it out (simple spray on/rub off directions), and breathed on my visor. Fogged right up. Tried a second application and went riding. Fogged up every time I stopped. Tried the Blaze 'wax' on a pair of eyeglasses... didn't clean them, and in fact seemed to distort the lenses a little bit. (Yes, I applied it properly.)

Went on the company's website last week. No physical address. No names of company officers or salesmen. I emailed them through a contact link asking to return their product, no response. Tried going back on the website yesterday and today... went right to godaddy.com domain site. "Notice: This doman name expired on 1/26/12."

I'm not in a blind fury about losing 25 clams. Yes I value money, but it's not like I got "taken" for a week's salary or anything. Just thought I'd share my personal product review here in order to warn fellow riders, and also to ask whether anyone else has tried Blaze and agree or disagree.

Thanks.<<

Revisiting the issue -- just because it irks me when con artists take advantage of people -- some folks on other sites suggested I write to the promoters of the show. So I did. We'll see what they say. In case anyone else was interested, the email addresses are [email protected], [email protected]. They work for the promoter who organizes the Progressive cycle shows.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in