Internet Automotive Tire Sales - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 5:55 am Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Internet Automotive Tire Sales

Does anybody here know of any good places to buy automotive tires. Now that I can mount & balance my tires at home I figured I would do the install on my wifes car. Her 55 chevy uses 235/60/R15 size tires. I did a couple of google searches and didn't come up with much.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 6:08 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: Internet Automotive Tire Sales

Hey Dave, try TIRE RACK . Dan Martin used them & said the price & service was very good.

Stevie Shreeve
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 6:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Hey Dave, try TIRE RACK . Dan Martin used them & said the price & service was very good.

+1

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 6:33 am

Dave,

Check ebay just for the hell of it and also how about Walmart?

Bill
Eastern Virginia (Middle Peninsula)
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
04 Triumph Speedmaster , Black with
California Sidecar Friendship II
99 K1200LT, Basalt Gray "DELILAH" (SOLD)
99 R1100RT ,Glacier Green (SOLD
)
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 6:54 am Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

The tire rack has only four to choose from with the cheapest being $101. Walmart had one at $200 & E-Bay had a few but with shipping they are pricey.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

Last edited by saddleman; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 7:05 am.
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
The tire rack has only four to choose from with the cheapest being $101. Walmart had one at $200 & E-Bay had a few but with shipping they are pricey.
Hey, go to Coker and spend the bucks on the '55 OEM lookalikes!!!
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:25 pm

I will no longer do business with Tire Rack.

We had a Bridgestone Blizzak, WS-50 snow tire with over 7/32" of tread left develop a sidewall bubble.

We talked to Tire Rack and they said we needed to take it to one of their authorized installers to have it inspected to determine if it was a manufacturing defect or road hazard damage.

AS I suspected it was a manufacturing defect, as we hit nothing with the tire.

Called Tire Rack back and they said we needed to send the tire back to them at our expense so a factory Rep. could inspect it. Then we would have to pay to ship a new one back or if they didn't replace it we would be short a tire. Also this tire had been discontinued (Now WS-60's were only available)

It made no financial sense to ship the tire. 2-ways. The other 3 tires have been sitting her for about 3 years now as I didn't want to spring for 4 new snow tires and couldn't find a used one with the right amount of tread on it. (Audi Quattro requires tires must be within 3mm (4/32")of the other tires or damage to the system will occur due to the tire revs differential per mile.

I have found that when discount Tire or Costco (If they have what you want) is actually less expensive, by the time you add shipping and installation to the total pkg.

In your case since you can install yourself, you may have an advantage, but still have the unacceptabel warranty issue. One tire going bad, pretty much wipes out any price advantage online tire purchasing has.

Discount tire has been spectacular with their warranty. We have had 2 other (Michelin Pilot Exalto) tires replaced at minimum charge here locally. Huge advantage.

By the way just for giggles, I looked online yesterday for a replacement Blizzak WS-50. Found a perfect match on ebay with 9/32" 235/45R17, cost us $100.98 free shipping. We can now use the full set of Blizzaks.

TIRE RACK........................................

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT

Last edited by Atomicman; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm.
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 5:46 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, go to Coker and spend the bucks on the '55 OEM lookalikes!!!
And the shipping prolly wouldn't be to much as close as they are to me . This is her everyday car & she never tells me anything about how it's running or handling until it strands her somewhere. It gets washed & vacuumed maybe twice a year & she puts around 15,000 miles a year on it. I noticed the other day the front tires had cord showing on the inside. She prolly knocked the toe out or sumpin is wore out. No point in asking her how it's been handling she loves the car so much she never pays any attention.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #9 of 9 Old Jan 29th, 2012, 7:57 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

I took it to the local Firestone Tire store today and got two tires mounted & balanced for just under $70 each. So far I have not found the deals on automotive tires like we can find on motorcycle tires.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in