If you own an expensive motorcycle... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 5th, 2012, 10:09 am Thread Starter

If you own an expensive motorcycle...

boat, airplane, yadda yadda ...yet don't make very much money - you may be wise in getting it registered in someone else's name - perhaps a homeless person. Coming soon to a country near you - guaranteed.

Talk about ruining your Christmas holiday: Mama Mia!

Tax Collectors Hit Jackpot in Raid at Italian Ski Resort - EU Business News - CNBC

(I wonder if the 80 tax collectors got a group discount on lift tickets?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 6th, 2012, 9:49 am

Re: If you own an expensive motorcycle...

I could see this coming to pass...............well, sh*t..............

Jim and Cyndy
'03 Black..."Ol' Dollar"
TDMTT
post #3 of 4 Old Jan 7th, 2012, 8:31 pm

While I have no facts, I bet Russia has the highest rate of tax evasion. Just saying ...

Ultra LT

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 8th, 2012, 8:48 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLT
While I have no facts, I bet Russia has the highest rate of tax evasion. Just saying ...

Ultra LT
Hmmm... I think the Greeks may have that dubious distinction, especially considering Greece has a GDP the size of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex :
It's the Greek national sport!

"Some writers trace Greece's deep-rooted 'culture' of tax evasion from its historical period of foreign rule by the Ottoman Turks in the 19th century when Greeks 'patriotically' avoided paying tax as a form of resistance or retaliation. It is felt that this unfortunate culture continued into the 21st century where Greeks resist the complex and high levels of taxation, as detailed in sources such as Eurostat's publication titled 'Taxation trends in the European Union 2011 Edition'.
In fact, according to Euronews, then Greek prime minister, George Papandreou, bemoaned in mid-2011 that the evasion of tax and social-security contribution was costing Greece around €30 billion a year. These facts were corroborated by the Tax Justice Network (TJN), which claims that there is more than €20 billion in Swiss bank accounts held by Greeks and the amount of Greek-owned offshore companies top 10,000."

30 billion euros was about 45 billion dollars just this past summer. It's now about 38 billion. Not sure how many drachmas that is - which is of course the currency they'll be buying ouzo with again very soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in