Carry On Santa. " All Is Secure". - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Dec 19th, 2011, 12:15 am Thread Starter

Carry On Santa. " All Is Secure".

Twas The Night Before Christmas, He Lived All Alone, In A One Bedroom House Made Of ... ... Plaster And Stone.

... I Had Come Down The Chimney With Presents To Give, And To See Just Who In This Home Did Live.

I Looked All About, A Strange Sight I Did See, No Tinsel, No Presents, Not Even A Tree.

No Stocking By Mantle, Just Boots Filled With Sand, On The Wall Hung Pictures Of Far Distant Lands.

With Medals And Badges, Awards Of All Kinds, A Sober Thought Came Through My Mind.

For This House Was Different, It Was Dark And Dreary, I Found The Home Of A Soldier, Once I Could See Clearly.

The Soldier Lay Sleeping, Silent, Alone, Curled Up On The Floor In This One Bedroom Home.

The Face Was So Gentle, The Room In Such Disorder, Not How I Pictured A Heroic Veteran Soldier.

Was This The Hero Of Whom I'd Just Read? Curled Up On A Poncho, The Floor For A Bed?

I Realized The Families That I Saw This Night, Owed Their Lives To These Soldiers Who Were Willing To Fight.

Soon Round The World, The Children Would Play, And Grownups Would Celebrate A Bright Christmas Day.

They All Enjoyed Freedom Each Month Of The Year, Because Of The Soldiers, Like The One Lying Here.

I Couldn't Help Wonder How Many Lay Alone, On A Cold Christmas Eve In A Land Far From Home.

The Very Thought Brought A Tear To My Eye, I Dropped To My Knees And Started To Cry.

The Soldier Awakened And I Heard A Rough Voice, 'santa Don't Cry, This Life Is My Choice;

I Fight For Freedom, I Don't Ask For More, My Life Is My God, My Country, My Corps.'

The Soldier Rolled Over And Drifted To Sleep, I Couldn't Control It, I Continued To Weep.

I Kept Watch For Hours, So Silent And Still And We Both Shivered From The Cold Night's Chill.

I Didn't Want To Leave On That Cold, Dark, Night, This Guardian Of Honor So Willing To Fight.

Then The Soldier Rolled Over, With A Voice Soft And Pure, Whispered, 'carry On Santa, It's Christmas Day, All Is Secure.'

One Look At My Watch, And I Knew He Was Right. 'merry Christmas My Friend,! And To All A Good Night.'

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Dec 19th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Re: Carry On Santa. " All Is Secure".

Thanks
But the Real Thanks is to ALL that keep a vigil in every part of the world so that Santa can deliver all the goodies for all of us Kids and we can sleep safe and sound every night

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in