Cherokee Nation - Need help - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Sep 17th, 2011, 8:54 am Thread Starter

Smile Cherokee Nation - Need help

Good morning folks. Life has been an adventure but it is good to see so many names still on this forum.

While not riding lately, my thoughts have always been with this forum and the good people here. Which is why I thought about contacting any members here who may be part of the Eastern Cherokee Nation or who may have contacts with ties to the ECN.

I am currently putting together a project that would involve working with those in North Carolina and surrounding areas. Knowing the adventuresome nature of BMW riders, I couldn't stop myself from contacting you guys/gals first.

Let me know if you would like to help out with this very important project.

Thanks for your kind assistance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 10th, 2011, 3:40 pm Thread Starter

Re: Cherokee Nation - Need help

Thanks for nothing...evidently.
post #3 of 8 Old Oct 10th, 2011, 3:51 pm

More details, less sarcasm....might help. What do you have in mind?

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Oct 11th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg
Which is why I thought about contacting any members here who may be part of the Eastern Cherokee Nation or who may have contacts with ties to the ECN.
Perhaps the specific group of people you were seeking do not populate this site, thus, the lack of any responses.
post #5 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2011, 4:54 pm

As an MOA and LT forum member who happens to be Choctaw and Cherokee, I'd be interested in learning more. However, with all the scams out there you can't expect a favorable response here or most anyplace else with a mere "teaser". If you have something real, interesting and motorcycle/BMW specific; lay it out there. You might receive a promising response.

2004 R 1200 C (Fire Starter)
2007 R 1200 RT (Heavy Feather)
2008 Ducati 999 S (Shock and Awe)
post #6 of 8 Old Oct 15th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Dave (hawg) hasn't signed on since his post of praise on 10/10. I saw the original post, but did not respond hoping he'd add some information as to what "help" was needed and what "project" he was going to undertake. As I've seen at CCR, we can be a tremendous "help" to deserving charities. Too bad we can't help them all. There was no information as to what the "project" was. Building Habitat Houses, renovation of current structures, meals on wheels, good projects all. Too bad Dave didn't give us something to investigate to see if we were interested as individuals or groups.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #7 of 8 Old Oct 15th, 2011, 9:49 pm

I had a Jeep Cherokee once. :>)

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #8 of 8 Old Oct 18th, 2011, 8:25 am Thread Starter

My apologies for being out of touch. As a 24/7 caregiver, my priority of making sure my wife stays alive and gets the care and love that she deserves sometimes gets in the way of what I do for a living and other things.

I won't trouble this forum any more than I have to. My first thought was Woody. And maybe some others who have either worked with the Eastern Cherokee nation or belong to it, or even have a great interest.

For several years now, I have gone full-time professionally into photographic documentaries in the Southeast. As a descendant from the Cherokee nation, I have always had an affinity for their situation and now that I think I can contribute in some small way, I am looking for contacts and resources to do a documentary on an aspect of those living in the Qualla Boundary. Research is slated for the next 4-6 months and I hope to begin interviews and shooting in the Spring. What that aspect is specifically, will evolve and become clear over the coming months.

The first thought about this forum is the wealth of knowledge and vast capacity for concern for other people that I have seen among the many members here. I apologize for any sarcasm as stress has a way of creeping in sometimes. Having said that, if there are any folks here who would like to participate in anyway, please contact me by email.

[email protected]

Last edited by hawg; Oct 18th, 2011 at 9:01 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in