post #1 of 20 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 7:34 pm Thread Starter

Trapped Motorcyclist Thanks Hero's

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/13/...html?hpt=hp_+2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Re: Trapped Motorcyclist Thanks Hero's

NGNOTT .... No Gear None Of The Time

All over the news and while sad to see Any One involved in an accident, Seeing that just makes you shake your head and think ATGATT

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

post #3 of 20 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 10:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
NGNOTT .... No Gear None Of The Time

All over the news and while sad to see Any One involved in an accident, Seeing that just makes you shake your head and think ATGATT

x2............Glad he is still alive, maybe when he figures out how close to being a 'donor' he was, his decision making paradigms might change.............

Jim and Cyndy
'03 Black..."Ol' Dollar"
TDMTT

post #4 of 20 Old Sep 14th, 2011, 5:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider
x2............Glad he is still alive, maybe when he figures out how close to being a 'donor' he was, his decision making paradigms might change.............
Unfortunately most will blame the fact he was riding a motorcycle.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #5 of 20 Old Sep 14th, 2011, 7:22 am

Laid it down = loss of control

Eric von Laue

3Cyl Kawa ( a long time ago)
450 Yamaha Seca ( maybe it was a Maxim )
1100 Honda Magna
650 Honda XR ( to Guatemala and back)
1990 Honda PC800 ( Mountain Mama )
2000 BMW 1200LT ( Maxamillion )

Keep the rubber side down
post #6 of 20 Old Sep 14th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Garage

Yeah, I saw the news clip and it was miraculous.
In a still photo not associated with the accident scene I thought I saw him in a helmet and orange T-shirt. Or did I get that wrong.
ride safe
post #7 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 4:45 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountianMama
Laid it down = loss of control
Exactly!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #8 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 4:47 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith
Yeah, I saw the news clip and it was miraculous.
In a still photo not associated with the accident scene I thought I saw him in a helmet and orange T-shirt. Or did I get that wrong.
ride safe
The report indicates he was NOT wearing a helmet.
It seems some of the injuries would have been prevented with proper gear. More injuries would have been prevented with proper riding training (laying down the bike ).

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #9 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 10:57 am
Lifetime Supporter

Heard on the local news last night that the cage driver was a fault.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #10 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 11:53 am

What really bothered me is that after the group lifted the car and dragged him out - they just left him lying there tits up and lights out. No one chose to man up (or woman up) and check the guy out!

Was he breathing, what about his pulse, etc.? Or did they just figure he was dead? A little bit of first aid goes a long way.

I really hate to say this - but all I could think of was a typical AMERICAN attitude:

"Well, we saved your sorry ass, but yuck, who wants to touch you now or get further involved. You probably have HIV. Someone probably already called 911 - what more do you expect?"

Disgusting, shameful behavior.

The fact that the media is now lauding and sensationalizing these "heroes" makes me want to puke.

All except for the WOMAN that was the FIRST one there trying to lift the car (and whom I have NOT seen since) and obviously screaming for additional help. She gets an "atta -boy" from me.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #11 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 1:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller

I really hate to say this - but all I could think of was a typical AMERICAN attitude:

"Well, we saved your sorry ass, but yuck, who wants to touch you now or get further involved. You probably have HIV. Someone probably already called 911 - what more do you expect?"

T:
blame it on a litigious society. Too many of these knobs that get saved sue the folks that save them for the various maladies that befall them as a result of the incident. I dont blame the folks one bit.....just erring to the side of caution.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #12 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Quote:

What? Listening to the cop that was telling them to back away?

It also occurs to me that, had he been wearing a helmet, his head may not have gone under the car to begin with. This may be the one in a million where he was better off without the lid.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #13 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 5:12 pm

And if the cage driver would have been paying attention in the first place and not pulled out in front of him it would have been a non-event. Probably texting or otherwise distracted.

Go back to the root cause. Don't lay blame on the rider for not wearing gear.

Yes, laying it down = loss of control.

Glad he's going to be OK.

B D R
post #14 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 7:26 pm

This is a disgusting and shameful tirade. Please show any proof that any of the people involved had even rudimentary first aid training. Have you been in that exact situation? Are you 100% sure you would have acted any different? Would the people of Tucson done any different or even as much? You are in absolutely no position to judge those who came to the rescue!!

Quote:
What really bothered me is that after the group lifted the car and dragged him out - they just left him lying there tits up and lights out. No one chose to man up (or woman up) and check the guy out!

Was he breathing, what about his pulse, etc.? Or did they just figure he was dead? A little bit of first aid goes a long way.

The fact that the media is now lauding and sensationalizing these "heroes" makes me want to puke.

All except for the WOMAN that was the FIRST one there trying to lift the car (and whom I have NOT seen since) and obviously screaming for additional help. She gets an "atta -boy" from me.

Nathan Coe
K1600GLT
R1200GSA
Orem Utah

post #15 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
What? Listening to the cop that was telling them to back away?

It also occurs to me that, had he been wearing a helmet, his head may not have gone under the car to begin with. This may be the one in a million where he was better off without the lid.
What cop? never saw or heard one on the video ...and if there was one there why wasn't he doing anything except directing (human) traffic. That poor son of a bitch could have been taking his last breaths and no one gave a shit!

They just all..... walked..... away.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #16 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoe
This is a disgusting and shameful tirade. Please show any proof that any of the people involved had even rudimentary first aid training. Have you been in that exact situation? Are you 100% sure you would have acted any different? Would the people of Tucson done any different or even as much? You are in absolutely no position to judge those who came to the rescue!!
Oh really? I had dinner with several doctors and nurses last night (my wife one of them) and they were all COMPLETELY shocked.

And yes, I would have been the first one in there - and I've saved SEVERAL lives - a 10 year old boy from drowning after he whacked his head on a diving board and went to the bottom of the pool and several people in a devastating avalanche in Colorado.

I judge people by their actions - and this group turned tail without a second thought. They guy was out cold - it's not exactly like he was sitting there chatting them up asking for a band aid!

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to do CPR!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #17 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 8:01 pm

Are you serious? You are comparing trained medical personel with construction workers!! Would the doctors and nurses you were with would have even tried to pick up the car. There is difference (of several magnitudes) between lifting a burning car and jumping into a pool. I would posit that one action takes infinetly more courage.
The focus of the camera was pretty narrow. How can you possibly pretend to know everything that happened. I repeat your tirade is both shameful and disgusting.
BTW please provide links to news stories or YouTube videos of your herorics.

Quote:
Oh really? I had dinner with several doctors and nurses last night (my wife one of them) and they were all COMPLETELY shocked.

And yes, I would have been the first one in there - and I've saved SEVERAL lives - a 10 year old boy from drowning after he whacked his head on a diving board and went to the bottom of the pool and several people in a devastating avalanche in Colorado.

I judge people by their actions - and this group turned tail without a second thought. They guy was out cold - it's not exactly like he was sitting there chatting them up asking for a band aid!

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to do CPR!

Nathan Coe
K1600GLT
R1200GSA
Orem Utah

post #18 of 20 Old Sep 16th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
blame it on a litigious society. Too many of these knobs that get saved sue the folks that save them for the various maladies that befall them as a result of the incident. I dont blame the folks one bit.....just erring to the side of caution.

F
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #19 of 20 Old Sep 17th, 2011, 6:17 am

Quote:
What cop? never saw or heard one on the video ...and if there was one there why wasn't he doing anything except directing (human) traffic. That poor son of a bitch could have been taking his last breaths and no one gave a shit!

They just all..... walked..... away.
Jesus H, Ron...if no one gave a shit they'd have left him under the car. The cop? Click the link. He's at the top of the frame before you even start the video. In other interviews, at least two of the rescuers said the first cop on the scene was calling for a jack to lift the car when the guy in the green said "we need everyone to help lift". That's when the group got organized and did the deed. The cop helped with the lift and can be seen motioning people away right after the rider was drug out and the car set back down.

Here's the full video. The guy in the green shirt is the catalyst, IMO. If not for him...would the crowd jump in at all?

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #20 of 20 Old Sep 17th, 2011, 7:42 am

There you go trying to confuse someone with facts yet again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Jesus H, Ron...if no one gave a shit they'd have left him under the car. The cop? Click the link. He's at the top of the frame before you even start the video. In other interviews, at least two of the rescuers said the first cop on the scene was calling for a jack to lift the car when the guy in the green said "we need everyone to help lift". That's when the group got organized and did the deed. The cop helped with the lift and can be seen motioning people away right after the rider was drug out and the car set back down.

Here's the full video. The guy in the green shirt is the catalyst, IMO. If not for him...would the crowd jump in at all?

Nathan Coe
K1600GLT
R1200GSA
Orem Utah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in