a rather unique music video ... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Mar 10th, 2006, 2:39 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up a rather unique music video ...

thank you, sarah. it is nice to know there are people in the entertainment business like you.

http://livedigital.com/AIItZwBDiw/co...10#cslide_0=22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Mar 10th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Thanks Gerhard: For six years I took high school age kids to border towns in Mexico, IT IS AMAZING TO SEE HOW THEIR PERSPECTIVE CHANGES WHEN THEY SEE REAL POVERTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Thanks again

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Mar 11th, 2006, 10:54 am

One question . . .

Why don't the bleeding hearts ever bleed for the sick, the poor, the hungry, the dying people of the United States of America?! WHY?!

And oh...by the way, I do support a little girl in Kenya. I wonder how many more Sarah could support on the MILLIONS that she makes? I'm guessin' she's not doing her part. I hope I'm wrong.

post #4 of 11 Old Mar 11th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Why don't the bleeding hearts ever bleed for the sick, the poor, the hungry, the dying people of the United States of America?! WHY?!
I tend to agree with you Joe - there are still a lot of people in THIS country that need the help. I guess when you say "It costs $200/year to send this kid to school" instead of in the U.S. where "It costs $12,000/year..." it seems like a bargain....

The end of the video stated that the $150k went to all these places/people. I'd actually like to see proof of that - or did it line the pockets of the local corrupt governments?

Gino
Modesto, CA
'02 Silver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw. --Rush
post #5 of 11 Old Mar 11th, 2006, 1:12 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino
or did it line the pockets of the local corrupt governments?
Um, are we still talking about other countries here? I couldn't tell.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 11 Old Mar 11th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Um, are we still talking about other countries here? I couldn't tell.
LOL ! Yeah... I suppose the only difference between "them and us" is the AMOUNT of money lining the pockets...

Gino
Modesto, CA
'02 Silver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw. --Rush
post #7 of 11 Old Mar 12th, 2006, 3:04 am
vvk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBandit
Great find!
I'll send it along to my friends.
My startpage at home and work is one click (away)
www.thehungersite.com.
And yes Joe, US is covered too!

Miles of smiles of miles of smiles of...
The hardest thing to do on a K1200LT is riding it home.

Vic
Booze Brother #1
Gandalf Grau
The Netherlands
post #8 of 11 Old Mar 12th, 2006, 9:43 am

It is refreshing Sara is doing the right thing here. At least so it seems.

It is to bad the rest of the hollywood elte did not do the same. Many do donate big bucks but to them a $100,000 is like $10.00 to most of us.

Perhaps if they did more with their money and less with the mouth there would be less mouths to feed.

I will not get into where my money goes but I have no trouble sleeping or answering to my maker at the end of lifes journey.

Mike G
Northen Illinois Packer Fan
K1200lt 2002
LT Trunk Latch Maker
post #9 of 11 Old Mar 12th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Angry Ecomonics

I agree with 79.

Since I'm in a philosophic mood today....

I have no problem with the issue of fighting poverty where ever it may be in the world. My issue is the line "...the fortune(s) of one man means less for some.." That just isn't the way the free market works!!!!! The fact I have a job and get paid doesn't mean that money/resource was taken away from someone else! My labor was exchanged for something else in this case money. Which I then exchange for food, etc and the cycle continues.

Many in Hollywood would benefit from a course in basic economics. They deride the same capitalist system that made them rich because they can sing or dance or act better than someone else. Does it make sense that somebody that sings make millions while we barely pay our teachers a living wage to teach our children? Nope, but that is one of the oddities of the free market system.

Don't like it? Look to the former Soviet Union to see how well the "other" system works. Oh, and look up the word fungible or see the recent Dilbert cartoon. http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...-20060219.html

The issues is, do you feel a moral or ethical responsibility to tackle the world's problems. And that is best left up to each person to decide. I have a real problem with the "redistribution of wealth" theory that many seem to espouse. It's a personal issue, what's right for me, may not be right for others and only I can decide what to do with my wealth. Not any outside agency.

Ok, enough ranting....now about the correct tire pressure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider79
It is refreshing Sara is doing the right thing here. At least so it seems.

It is to bad the rest of the hollywood elte did not do the same. Many do donate big bucks but to them a $100,000 is like $10.00 to most of us.

Perhaps if they did more with their money and less with the mouth there would be less mouths to feed.

I will not get into where my money goes but I have no trouble sleeping or answering to my maker at the end of lifes journey.

Last edited by TomH; Mar 12th, 2006 at 12:49 pm. Reason: Found the Dilbert Cartoon
post #10 of 11 Old Mar 12th, 2006, 11:16 pm

Now that you "feed the world for one day and we'll all feel gooooood"ers have chimed into this "I'm more righteous than you because I'm not spending this money on producing a quality product that would sell a ton of video's, I'm turning out an inferior product instead, and giving the money I "saved" to pofolk. Ever wonder where she got the money to give away??

Lets look at reality for just a second: If she makes a simple (inferior) product, she sells maybe 10% to (if generous) maybe 15% of what a quality video with well structured songs and quality back-up would have made. Saying a good Video would sell an equivalent 1 mil copies, means that the feel good video would sell 100 k. with a gross income (at $13) of $1,300,000, and the quality one is $13,000,000. Both products have to pay for air time and shelf space and other advertising, packaging, distribution and so on to get any sales, so cost of production is the only savings of the inferior product. Lets say marketing costs are 70%, netting Ms Sarah Mac from the inferior product $910,000, and from the full blown production $9,100,000, Now she has choices...which brings us around the horn to why she has the choice of making an inferior product...she made a ton from some of her quality previous albums! But don't try to give me this BS about saving the world because she doesn't produce a quality product. She has ten times the ability to "feel good" if she produces the stuff that folks will buy.

Lets look at some of the things she suggests doing with the money...if you don't fix the political system and change the culture, it don't make a tinkers dam who many schools you build, wells you drill, or kids you feed. If you don't intend to stand guard over them forever, they will evaporate. Like peeing in the wind...on a certain level it still "feels good".

Our worst, most demoralizing example (for me) is the report the UN got from its own organization that is responsible for using the combined AIDS funding to help irradicate the disease in Africa...the report said that there is no effective way to use the funds until the fundamental ground rules change from the individual up. The cultures, the political entities from the bottom up did not want to change in a way that would significantly change the ravaging effects and spread of the disease. In other words, they don't want the help, don't know what good it would do, and don't want to know.

So what do you want to do, go over and beat them into taking their medicine, or let time run its course, or something in-between, that may make you "feel good" for the moment. All choices vary from impossible to dang tough.

Those that tilt at windmills will always to be admired, but without reality, they are nothing but a circus act with an agenda..."I'm better than you, because I'm pissing this money away, and you aren't". How many examples do we need to understand that money alone cannot sooth the conscience, but it can make you feel like you are.

Generally I like her music, but this BS have some very sour notes.

There are millions in Africa that are on the verge of starvation. 25 mil will die from AIDS. Some countries have 80% unemployment. They have no sewer or water systems, let alone power, roads, schools and hospitals. They have no government that is not corrupt. They've driven off most of the "nasty" large corporations that could help them PRODUCE something. Yep, they need help in every way, but this is like a band-aid on an elephant's ass.

Pete Jessen
CCR 02, 03, 04, 08, 10
post #11 of 11 Old Mar 12th, 2006, 11:30 pm Thread Starter

you guys really ought to throttle back on the caffeine.

she is a beautiful woman with a big heart singing a beautiful song.

that pretty much starts and ends the story for me.

LOL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in