You Contribute/I Contribute - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

You Contribute/I Contribute

Had a great day going into what should have been bad (a 50/50 rain forecast). Had to pick up the daughter mid morning which screwed up the early morning bike ride so did that, took her to see the "World's Fastest Indian," came home, took off on the LT and had a great day out of what was expected to be crap due commitments and marginal weather.

Coming into the garage and having this wonderful feeling I thought it just isn't right. I am enjoying JPegs, some new riding gear, and removed some braking squeal on the quick trip today all because of what the members here have contributed to.

For those of us not as skilled with the mechanics of this wonderful machine or those who (like myself) haven't gotten up to speed on the photographing/downloading of images or helping other members in the manner some of you folks do I just put a benji into the general site kitty in thanks to Joe who helped get me started in how to approach the riding gear aspect of it and will (once I can sort it out) put another ben into the CCR charity fund in thanks to Raffy and the kind fellow in Canada who helped me via this site get the JPegs on.

It isn't a lot but the folks on this site provide more help to the non-100,000 milers such as myself than any other resource.

As Grif may say "A lil bit is better than nada" but you people continue to give the whole "enchilada" to people like me and it is more than appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 7:16 pm

My compliments to you for acknowledging this incredible site. I know that I would not be getting the same level of enjoyment out of my bike with-out the great advice and guidance I have received here !!
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel007one
Had a great day going into what should have been bad (a 50/50 rain forecast). Had to pick up the daughter mid morning which screwed up the early morning bike ride so did that, took her to see the "World's Fastest Indian," came home, took off on the LT and had a great day out of what was expected to be crap due commitments and marginal weather.

Coming into the garage and having this wonderful feeling I thought it just isn't right. I am enjoying JPegs, some new riding gear, and removed some braking squeal on the quick trip today all because of what the members here have contributed to.

For those of us not as skilled with the mechanics of this wonderful machine or those who (like myself) haven't gotten up to speed on the photographing/downloading of images or helping other members in the manner some of you folks do I just put a benji into the general site kitty in thanks to Joe who helped get me started in how to approach the riding gear aspect of it and will (once I can sort it out) put another ben into the CCR charity fund in thanks to Raffy and the kind fellow in Canada who helped me via this site get the JPegs on.

It isn't a lot but the folks on this site provide more help to the non-100,000 milers such as myself than any other resource.

As Grif may say "A lil bit is better than nada" but you people continue to give the whole "enchilada" to people like me and it is more than appreciated.

Thanks!
Hey, Dale - another nicety about this site is that folks like yourself ask the right questions at the right time for a lotta other folks, and the answers just go round and round the block - gathering more and more data each trip. Sure sounds like a win-win-win situation to me.

And to tell ya the truth, I don't know how folks who don't know about this site get along - they gotta be missing some key info, tips, ideas, solutions to problems they surely have, and thangs that can make LT ownership downright wonderful. Hope they find their way here one of these days.

And you know the admins, as well as CCR, are very appreciative of the benjis. A goes around, comes around thang.

Enjoy your rides, Dale. Great to see ya on here and hope to read more and more of your posts. Best.

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 11:25 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Dale:

Thanks. But the thanks actually is shared by everyone who taught me what I know about the LT. Me, I just pass it forward.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in