Brothertalk and other things - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 8:55 am Thread Starter

Brothertalk and other things

If anyone would like to download this song, here's the link.

http://phfft.com/Brothertalk.php

I am seriously considering taking my pages down off the 'Net. Don't like it that my stories, articles and essays and apparently my song lyrics, too, are appearing all over the place under other people's names. Might be the last chance to get this song, and the articles as well. Take what you want, gonna shut the page down soon. Thanks, to all of you who enjoy what I write.

B.T.

http://www.phfft.com

The Bad Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 9:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixroyale
If anyone would like to download this song, here's the link.

http://phfft.com/Brothertalk.php

I am seriously considering taking my pages down off the 'Net. Don't like it that my stories, articles and essays and apparently my song lyrics, too, are appearing all over the place under other people's names. Might be the last chance to get this song, and the articles as well. Take what you want, gonna shut the page down soon. Thanks, to all of you who enjoy what I write.

B.T.

http://www.phfft.com
This is sad Ted! I really enjoyed your site. I had saved the Brother one in the past, this morning I am re-reading a lot of your musings, and saving some choice ones to my desktop. Just laughed hard again at your Daylight Savings Time musing.

Dont' worry, If I ever send anything to anyone, I will have your credit on it.

You are a genuine talent, hope your Houseboat magazine stint leads to greater things. If you ever put your stuff in a book, I would buy it!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #3 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 10:05 am Thread Starter

You are a prince, David. I remember you telling me a long time ago how Brothertalk touched your life, and your brother's. Between you and Joe and the Good Ted and several others, you kept me in business.

Business...wait...what's that...?

Thanks,

T.

P.S. The articles may not be worth much but can't tell you how if feels to see one of my stories posted somewhere with some freakin girl's name suggested as the author. Grrr...

The Bad Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 12:45 pm

I lost my brother to cancer last year...
We lived in diferent states and lived diferent lives that went their ways long years ago. We didn't see each other often and even then neither one of us were big on talking about our selves or lives. But one day on a visit down his way he suggested we go out fishing. That day turned out to be probably the best memory I have of him in our adult lives. We didn't catch much fish but spent the whole day catching up on each other.

Thanks Ted, for the reminder of a good day...and brothertalk.

Follow your front wheel...
Steve S.

1998 Harley Davidson FLHR-P
1998 BMW R1100RT-P (Black Mariah)
2002 BMW K1200LTE (Bayou Buffalo)

If it rolls, floats, flies or shoots, runs on gasoline or gunpowder, is loud, goes fast, or shoots a big bullet, thus producing Torque or Recoil....It's Cool.

post #5 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Ted: Very sorry that the world is full of plagiarism. I love reading your prose, poetry and stories from the heart. A very sad loss to all of us.

Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for the short time I've been privileged to read your writings.

Chuck J

02 K1200LT (Black Beauty)

New friends make it all worthwhile!!! Smile, its catching.
post #6 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Just want to echo what others have said Ted... I'll miss your 'musings'/writings - I could always count on you to touch my heart, make me smile (or explode in lauhter), and occasionally engage the grey cells...
post #7 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 3:46 pm

... ditto.. - nil iligitimum carborundum ...

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

post #8 of 13 Old Mar 5th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Sorry to hear your experience. Your site will be missed. Mayhaps you could do a different one, mayhaps with 'membership', then you could control a bit better?

Took another trip to your site - well-written stuff! LOL from a couple, even tho I'd seen one before.

And this - 'Brother' - is a piece of art. And true how we can get far from family. Sending a referral (site address) to my brother. We haven't seen eye-to-eye for many, many years. who knows?

Again - if you close the site, it will be missed. All too rare stuff these days.

A favor? If you do decide to close it, let us know. I ain't got time to download stuff tonite, and I don't want to see it go away.

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)

Last edited by taylorjn; Mar 5th, 2006 at 6:50 pm.
post #9 of 13 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:12 pm Thread Starter

Thank you so much for these words, folks. A friend of mine suggested, "What the hell?"

I'm going along with that. If someone wants to steal something, they can do it from paper as easily as from the 'net. So you hang with me, I'll hang it out there, and what the hell?

Thanks again. This made my day.

T.

The Bad Ted

post #10 of 13 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Quote:
Thank you so much for these words, folks. A friend of mine suggested, "What the hell?"

I'm going along with that. If someone wants to steal something, they can do it from paper as easily as from the 'net. So you hang with me, I'll hang it out there, and what the hell?

T.
Hey, we are happier now too Ted! It would have been a shame to remove something that obviously gave others pleasure because of some thankless, hopeless, idiots that will plagarize other's work.

Unfortunately, that is rampant on the Internet! A great deal of what we see is either fabricated then proposed to be truth (thus the popularity of Snopes.com), or stolen.

Seems amazingly few people have the brains to be original, or the guts to be truthful.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #11 of 13 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:28 pm

Quote:

T.
Yeah, well - you can travel under that pseudonym 'Bad Ted' all you want, butt I'm changin' it to 'Good' Ted, or maybe 'What the hell' Ted, or even 'Gooder'n Good' Ted. And thanks to your friend for wise'n you up!
post #12 of 13 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:49 pm Thread Starter

Thanks, Dick, but the list already has a "Good Ted." That Shredd guy, you know the one, California SidewalkSurferDude or something, I dunno. That leaves me.

Made me smile, tho, thanks, Dick.

T.

The Bad Ted

post #13 of 13 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Quote:

T.
Hey Ted,
That's good news--for us anyway. Like DS said, it's unfortunate but true that nothing on the net can be counted as safe any more.

I am actually relieved for the news because I was going a little nuts trying to figger out how to save all these gems. Not too handy when it coes to these tools that everone else considers just toys. I have riunt a number of hammers hitting any key to continue.

WTH sounds good to me. Nuthin ventured - Nuthin gained - Who knows

Jon Bush
' 09 RT
"SAPHIRE"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in