PayPal - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 7:54 am Thread Starter

PayPal

I have been getting the following from PayPal:
"When your account is limited, you cannot send or receive money until you accept each policy update required."

They want me to update my account. My question is, I just use PayPal about three or four times a year, in which the charges are brought against my credit card. Now for the dumb question, why would I want to send or receive money? Is this something for businesses?
As always, thanks in advance!

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 8:13 am
Bouncer

That email is NOT from Paypal. It's from a scammer. PayPal never sends out emails like that. Forward it to [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #3 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 8:35 am

Absolutely a scam. Just delete it. I get one at least one or two of those emails per week. If you ever want to do anything with PayPal make sure you log in by typing www.paypal.com in the address line. Do not click a link from an email to get there as it will not take you to PayPal but to a look-a-like site where they rob you blind.

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 8:58 am

Ditto to what El Jeffe and Brian said.
post #5 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 9:39 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I believe that the email that I received had to do with verification. I went to the paypal site buy using just www.paypal.com and also through the email. Both brought me to the same place. Below is the complete email from PayPal:

Dear Michael Trevelino,

We regret to inform you that your account is now limited because you failed to accept one or more PayPal updated policies. Over the past month, we have contacted you by email twice asking you to accept the updated policies within 30 days to avoid account limitation.

Because your account is limited, you cannot send or receive money. Access the link below to learn how to withdraw any remaining balances from your account should you decline PayPal's updated policies.

To restore your account status now, copy and paste this link in to your web browser:

https://www.paypal.com/us/CLKUA

We encourage you to read the updated policies because they contain important information about your PayPal account, your rights as a PayPal user, and the ways in which PayPal will use your personal information.

To view the Product Disclosure Agreement, go to: https://www.paypal.com/us/CLKUA

Sincerely,
PayPal

-----------------------------------
Additional Information
-----------------------------------

Q. Why will my account be limited if I decline the policy updates within 30 days?

A. By agreeing to the terms of PayPal's updated policies, you are entering a binding, voluntary contract with PayPal. Therefore, if you decline the updated policies, we must assume that you no longer agree to abide by those rules, and your account will be limited. When your account is limited, you cannot send or receive money until you accept each policy update required. You will also have the right to withdraw any remaining balances if your account is limited.

Sincerely,
PayPal

PayPal Email ID PP178

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

post #6 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 9:42 am
Senior Member (ret.)

post #7 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 11:28 am

Warning!

Pay Pal or any other site that has your personal info should NEVER be accessed through an unsoliciceted Email! EVER! no matter what the enclosed LINK Looks like.

Hackers are so good now trhat they can send you a link to say Pay Pal that IS a link to Pay Pal you can do what ever you do on that site, it looks normal BUT
The hackers can see what ever you do and act later.

If you have accessed any site through a recieved Email containing a link go now and through the Original real site Change your password do not pass go cause you may not HAVE $200

Chuck
post #8 of 8 Old Feb 26th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Raffy is correct...the link is legit. Although I NEVER follow links provided in emails sent to me. The fact that you went to www.paypal.com and it sent you to the other link is a good sign.

I use paypal on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis...so I'll never have this issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in