Photo Contest - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 12:01 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Photo Contest

I am trying to come up with a really nice business card, which subsequently could then also be adapted to everyone in this forum who wants it. The problem I am facing currently is that I don't have the need background picture. My idea to that business card was that it could be a nice full color, full bleed phot card on regular business card stock.

As some of you may know in one of my lifes a was playing a photographer on TV and as such I have connections to get these photo business cards printed at a reasonable price. And they are certainly MUCH nicer than anything one may be able to print at home.

OK, back to the contest: I am looking for a picture that could be used as a background picture on such card. Please submit your pictures either as attachment on this thread. The pictures(photo's) need to be at least 1088x638.

Last time I tried to find the original to "God's LT" but was unable to, and also unable to contact the owner of that picture. Which makes it unusable, since I can only use pictures where I have the explicit OK to use them.

So, if you have a nice picture, where you think it captures the spirit of the LT or the spirit of the group, or otherwise would be a great background, please submit it as a attachment to a reply to this thread.

As examples I have attached two business cards I came up with for our 'other' life.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 1:41 pm

I nominate the pic I think... Randy took on a scouting trip to Jackson. The LT with the lake and peaks in the back. Very vivid blues! Shot from the pull out on the main road there.
Remember???

Bummer you can't find the info... "Gods LT" was the first thing I thought of.
post #3 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 1:52 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
I nominate the pic I think... Randy took on a scouting trip to Jackson. The LT with the lake and peaks in the back. Very vivid blues! Shot from the pull out on the main road there.
Remember???
Yes, that is a nice picture. Now we have get Randy to donate it.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Remember???

Bummer you can't find the info... "Gods LT" was the first thing I thought of.
This picture?

Sent an original to Andy

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #5 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 10:59 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

How about these?

#1:

#2:

#3:

Of course the personal information can be as detailed or not as you want it to be. Anybody interested? If yes, which one?

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #6 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:14 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Or maybe this?

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #7 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Hi Andy
What a great idea. #3 How much?

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #8 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:19 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I like the last one best, the font just seems a bit more classy.

Also I like the web address under the bike, but maybe you could crop the original pic with a little more asphalt so the address doesn't cover the bike.

And maybe even use a Mauve bike while you're at it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #9 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:35 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey
Hi Andy
What a great idea. #3 How much?
Bruce,

Glad you like the idea. The price mainly depends on the amount.

100 pcs = $30
500 pcs = $85
1000 pcs = $130

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #10 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:38 pm

Sounds good will PM with details

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #11 of 18 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:47 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I like the last one best, the font just seems a bit more classy.

Also I like the web address under the bike, but maybe you could crop the original pic with a little more asphalt so the address doesn't cover the bike.

And maybe even use a Mauve bike while you're at it.
Ken,

The problem is with the crop that there is only so much I can do, but if you'd like I can make the font a bit smaller so that it covers less of the bike.

Now as for the color: You deliver the picture and I'll deliver the rest

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #12 of 18 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 12:36 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Just a suggestion. Actually, I think these all look pretty cool. The details are just that: details.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 18 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 2:44 am

If you use Randy's photo, I'd crop it differently. Show less of the road and include the sky. I think that makes the mountains much more dramatic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	randy_lake_view.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2068  
post #14 of 18 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 4:39 am

Hi Andy
Is this the one youre looking for? If so, you could contact Ciro Tetta at [email protected] Im sure he could help, hes one on the administrators on the Italian KOG web site www.kog.it and a nice guy too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	godslt.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2069  

Tom
1999, Sweetheart
I live in my own little world, but its okay they know me here
post #15 of 18 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 8:51 am Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerlt
If you use Randy's photo, I'd crop it differently. Show less of the road and include the sky. I think that makes the mountains much more dramatic.
David, I thought about that, but again there is a reason to the madness. in order to ENSURE that the LT is completely on the card after the card is cut I have to give the cutter about 1/8" room around the whole card, and then I need a bit of bleed also. Lastly the dimensions of the card are a given ...

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #16 of 18 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 6:57 pm

be careful of fine fonts, they do not always print well on dark backgrounds.
post #17 of 18 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 8:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
This picture?

Sent an original to Andy

Dats it! Still like it!
post #18 of 18 Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 4:28 am
vvk

Cool Can I bring my friends along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by russte
Hi Andy
Is this the one youre looking for? If so, you could contact Ciro Tetta at [email protected] Im sure he could help, hes one on the administrators on the Italian KOG web site www.kog.it and a nice guy too!
Nice one! I still have some postcards somewhere of that photo!
How about this CCR shot?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D50C1802[2].jpg
Views:	59
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	2160  

Miles of smiles of miles of smiles of...
The hardest thing to do on a K1200LT is riding it home.

Vic
Booze Brother #1
Gandalf Grau
The Netherlands

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in