Worlds fastest Indian - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:09 am Thread Starter

Worlds fastest Indian

We're just back from a 3,000 mile trip in the cage. From ND to NY and back, snow and ice most of the way so it was a great idea to take the Audi instead of the Beemer. Oh well. Across the entire way, looking at theaters for the Worlds fastest Indian film we didn't see it anywhere. While visiting friends in NY we checked the internet, for any theaters who were showing it and no luck there, either. What gives here. Is the industry black balling our film?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:41 am

Seems to be in limited release. It's only playing in one theater in the Baltimore metro area and one in the Washington DC area. It's a shame because it has very good reviews. I guess that the DVD will be out soon!

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC
post #3 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 11:12 am

I'm hoping to see it tomorrow after church. Currrently, it's playing at 2 theaters in here Cleveland.

post #4 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 11:43 am

None playing in my area, just checked.
post #5 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 2:12 pm

go to www.worldsfastestindian.com, enter the site, then click on "screenings."

Last edited by KBandit; Feb 18th, 2006 at 2:30 pm.
post #6 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 3:51 pm

With those Hollywood types in charge, they probably cancelled it to play Brokeback Mountain.
Leon
05 Blue LT
post #7 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideIt
With those Hollywood types in charge, they probably cancelled it to play Brokeback Mountain.
Leon
05 Blue LT
uhhhh .....
post #8 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 4:12 pm

no indian in savannah

i saw it advertised on tv but i couldn't find a theater showing it. i figured that it had bombed. i suppose it would appeal mainly older biker types and i'm not sure that many of the harley guys would be very interested since it was a competing brand. omurphy's two cents worth.
post #9 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by omurphy
i saw it advertised on tv but i couldn't find a theater showing it. i figured that it had bombed.
I believe the movie opened for public showing just 8 days ago. I think that it's a little too early to tell whether it bombed or not.
post #10 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 4:21 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Have you seen the movie? It's all about this old New Zealander that builds a bike with pretty much no money and no corporate backing whatsoever, but still manages to set records at Bonneville through sheer will and ingenuity.

The movie may have been made in Hollywood, but it was also done on a shoestring and without all the fanfare and multi-million-dollar marketing budgets that most of today's movies get. That fact that it's playing at all is a triumph, and I went out of my way to find a small art theater that was playing it.

It was worth it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #11 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Thumbs up

I just got the CEO's approval to take my boy to see it tomorrow . . . 1:30pm showing. Woohoo!!!
post #12 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Thumbs up Saw it two weeks ago

If you get a chance and you can find it Go See it! Great flick too see with the guys. Four of us LT'ers here in Camarillo went to go see it. Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Bert Monro was great. Had to believe his land speed record still stands even today......Go See It!!!

Craig Hutchison
02 Pac Blue (Aka Blue Ox)
34° 14’ 12.63 N
119° 01’ 21.64 W

Why coast through Life when you can Corner it.
post #13 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:28 pm

Garage
It's playing here in Miami. Anyone up for a RTEAWAM (Ride To Eat And Watch A Movie)?

Joe
05 Ocean Blue LT "Mein Byk"
17 Rolls Royce Wraith
18 BMW 750i
99 CLK 320 Cabriolet
post #14 of 71 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 11:41 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideIt
Leon
05 Blue LT

What amazes me is I do not know even 1 person that wants to see Brokeback moutain either at the show or later on video but it is getting talked up to no end on radio and TV. And a few non motorcyclist friends saw the preview and read the review and were game to see it.

Yet a movie that from what I understand the whole family can see that has underdog theme like Hoosiers gets no talk at all.

FWIW Disney bought PIXEL because heres a news flash "Families want to go to the show and see Family movies" and Disney stands to make a good profit! Who would have thought Family would sell over well you know Gay cowboy sex romance flick!

Mike G
Northen Illinois Packer Fan
K1200lt 2002
LT Trunk Latch Maker
post #15 of 71 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Thumbs up

Awesome awesome movie! I LOVED it! As did my 13-year-old son. I don't think he was expecting to like it too much. He went along just because he likes hanging out with dad. On the way out he said, "Wow...that movie was cool!". I will be buying the DVD the day it's released! A must-have/must-see movie for any bike enthusiast.
post #16 of 71 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Kari and I went and saw it today. What a great movie! We both commented that we've been very disappointed with most films we've seen in the last few months, but this one help restore our faith that good movies with good stories are still being made. The motorcyle aspect of the movie is great, but even beyond that the story and the characters were well told and well played.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #17 of 71 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 7:25 am

A member of our BMW club saw it was playing in STL and put out an e-mail to the members about a quick "spur of the moment" club gathering. 18 people showed up for dinner and a movie. Good food, good movie, good evening out. Go see it if you have the chance.

Bill McAllister
St. Louis, MO.
2003 K1200LTE
post #18 of 71 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 4:48 pm
Rider Journeyman

Saw 'em both...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider79
What amazes me is I do not know even 1 person that wants to see Brokeback moutain either at the show or later on video but it is getting talked up to no end on radio and TV. And a few non motorcyclist friends saw the preview and read the review and were game to see it.

Yet a movie that from what I understand the whole family can see that has underdog theme like Hoosiers gets no talk at all....
Howdy Mike,

To the extent you can "know" someone via communications on a BBB, you can count one person.

I also was able to see W.F.I. as well as B.B.M. and was similarly impressed by both movies. Albeit for different reasons, but favorably impressed by both none the less.

I won't give anything important away about W.F.I. except that there is a rather poignant sequence where Bert has an interaction with a "crossdresser" (Man dressed and acting as a woman). The way it is portrayed is a lesson in respect that I would actively seek to have my children exposed to and, hopefully, adopt.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #19 of 71 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOmaha
I won't give anything important away about W.F.I. except that there is a rather poignant sequence where Bert has an interaction with a "crossdresser" (Man dressed and acting as a woman). The way it is portrayed is a lesson in respect that I would actively seek to have my children exposed to and, hopefully, adopt.
Although I question the validity of this sequence of events...as well as I question why this even had to make it's way into this amazing film, I found the drag queen's character to be very likable. In fact, "delightful, enjoyable, and entertaining". I wish Hollyweird* would take notes.

I do wonder if Burt Munro would have been so open-minded. I'm guessing not, from all that I have read about the man. But...Hollyweird* strikes again. This time, however, it wasn't offensive. They get a gold star for that one. (Or should that be a ribbon with rainbows on it? Hhmmn...)

[sideline]
As for seeing BBM, that's between you and your god. I won't be viewing that trash . . . ever. And yes, I'm allowed to call it "trash" without subjecting myself to it. Discernment is a wonderful tool.
[/sideline]

* - This is what the drag queen calls Hollywood, not me. Well...not until now, and from now on!
post #20 of 71 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 9:30 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Having lived close by for years, Hollyweird is about right.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #21 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:02 am

Question i am curious ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
As for seeing BBM, that's between you and your god.
i'm curious ... does that mean that, in your view, even VIEWING the movie is sufficient cause for damnation?
post #22 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:49 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Yeah I caught that too, Gary, but decided not to open the whole BBM debate again.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #23 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBandit
i'm curious ... does that mean that, in your view, even VIEWING the movie is sufficient cause for damnation?
Gary, Gary, Gary . . .

If you knew my Father, you would know how ridiculous that question is. Unless, of course, this is just a test.

Watching that movie wouldn't be cause for damnation. But me choosing NOT to watch it brings joy to my Father. And, in turn, allows me to enter into a fullness of joy and an abundance of life that only He can provide.

John 10:10 says: "The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

post #24 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Yeah I caught that too, Gary, but decided not to open the whole BBM debate again.
And you were the better man for it.

For a little while anyway...
post #25 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 1:14 am
IBR# 366

Garage
OK, but if you keep quoting scripture, then we're gonna have a real discussion going.

Were the cowboys in BBM thieves? I just thought it was the repressed religious right all freaked out about the gay issue. Like that really matters to anyone except the two people involved.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #26 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 1:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I just thought it was the repressed religious right all freaked out about the gay issue. Like that really matters to anyone except the two people involved.
There inlies the issue, now doesn't it? And...you know it.

Of course, I won't get sucked into this here & now...and you know that too. You little rascal!
post #27 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 1:33 am
IBR# 366

Garage
That's OK. We'll have a chance to chat later, I'm sure. After you catch up to me at the end of Deal's Gap, perhaps.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #28 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 1:36 am

Thumbs up

It's a date!
post #29 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 1:43 am
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Although I question the validity of this sequence of events...as well as I question why this even had to make it's way into this amazing film, I found the drag queen's character to be very likable. In fact, "delightful, enjoyable, and entertaining". I wish Hollyweird* would take notes.
I think the point the movie was trying to make with that sequence was that everyone is trying to live their lives as best they can....Burt living a very excentric life indeed.....and the protagonist did not pass judgement on others.

Quote:
I do wonder if Burt Munro would have been so open-minded. I'm guessing not, from all that I have read about the man. But...Hollyweird* strikes again. This time, however, it wasn't offensive. They get a gold star for that one. (Or should that be a ribbon with rainbows on it? Hhmmn...)
I may get some argument on this, but what made Burt Munro such a compelling character (in the movie)was his acceptance of others as he found them and to live his life without spending energy judging the choices of others.

Quote:
[sideline]
As for seeing BBM, that's between you and your god. I won't be viewing that trash . . . ever. And yes, I'm allowed to call it "trash" without subjecting myself to it. Discernment is a wonderful tool.
[/sideline]
Joe, it is "God", not "god". Remember that Mary Magdalene was a whore and Jesus protected her from stoning. It is not for us to judge others, but to love our fellow man and leave the judgement to God. I think one of the points of B.B.M. was that the public's "judgement" of the men allowed someone to believe it was okay to "cast a tire iron" at one of them and end his life. Jesus' protection of Mary was not an advocation of prostitution. B.B.M is not an advocation of homosexuality.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #30 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 8:35 am

Talking

Quote:
Gary, Gary, Gary . . .

If you knew my Father, you would know how ridiculous that question is. Unless, of course, this is just a test.
nope, not a test. and i was definitely not looking for a fight. i was genuinely curious where you stood on the matter.

as for being a "lesser man" for asking ... c'mon, joe. lighten up. i respect your faith just as i'm confident you respect mine.
post #31 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:57 pm

I was fortunate enough to see it last December. It was playing for one week only in Century City, ( South LA area ), to qualify for the Oscars. My wife and I rode up Pacific Coast Highway to catch the movie. It was ignominously shown in some rinky-dink cinema with the smallest screen I think I've ever watched a movie on.

Regardless, it's a great film and the early NZ beach race scene with all the old Notons, BSAs and other Brit classics was my favorite segment. As far as the sport of motorcycling is concerned, the movie is the ultimate celebration of the ghetto mod. Makes me want to go out and buy an old air-head boxer and get my fingernails all grimy.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #32 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 1:44 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjohn
We're just back from a 3,000 mile trip in the cage. From ND to NY and back, snow and ice most of the way so it was a great idea to take the Audi instead of the Beemer. Oh well. Across the entire way, looking at theaters for the Worlds fastest Indian film we didn't see it anywhere. While visiting friends in NY we checked the internet, for any theaters who were showing it and no luck there, either. What gives here. Is the industry black balling our film?
It's not a release by a major studio - made as an indy film. Anthony Hopkins took a fraction of his normal fee because he liked the project so much. Made for $15 million. Only showing at two theaters here in San Antonio. What a thoroughly delightful film though. My wife loved it too. Can't wait to see it again.

Good review editorial by Dave Edwards in the February Cycle World mag, page 8.

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
Chain-driven '08 Blazing Orange Triumph Tiger 1050i
post #33 of 71 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 2:00 pm
Lifetime Supporter

My wife has seen it twice, she thought it was great, I went with her the second time and I loved it too. Four thumbs up!

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #34 of 71 Old Feb 25th, 2006, 8:05 am
Lifetime Supporter

Worlds Fastest Indian

Saw it with the wife last nite.

GREAT MOVIE In line with cinderella man, hoosiers Great underdog story.

If these movies are not your cup o tea, then pass but, if the triumph of the human spirit is well played out on the silver screen then go for it.

Wife even liked it a lot.

It will become part of the DVD collection.

Mike G
Northen Illinois Packer Fan
K1200lt 2002
LT Trunk Latch Maker
post #35 of 71 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 8:26 am

Going to go see it again this Friday with a good friend of mine. Woohoo! It's starting to have fewer viewing times here in Cleveland. If you haven't seen it yet on the big screen...you'd best hurry up!
post #36 of 71 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 2:06 pm

My wife and I went last night..We were the only ones in the theatre, it was a 16 theatre arrangement.

I am going back again....Great story.

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #37 of 71 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 2:40 pm

i keep waiting for someone to say the movie was "okay," not "great," 'cause that's my take. the storyline, overcoming enormous odds to succeed, is WAY overcooked, and to me hopkins' character was just not that interesting.

at one point he dumps his streamliner on the salt flats going about 200 mph, and he slides a few seconds, then stops. he yells a bit while sliding. then he gets up, basically unhurt. somehow i think a 200 mph getoff would inflict a tad more physical damage.

i'm also fairly sure the 200 mph speed record portrayed in the movie is not accurate.

still, it was more realistic than most biker movies i guess.

for me, it would have been worth a video rental; maybe worth buying a DVD. but it wasn't worth 12 bucks to see it on the big screen.

i think i'd rather watch another rerun of "on any sunday," which is still the gold standard in my book, even after all these years.

my opinion, for what it's worth.
post #38 of 71 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 11:06 pm
Ted

This is from the indianmotorbikes.com website:

His visits to the salt were not without incident. In issue no. 1 of Motorcycle New Zealand, published in 1973 Burt is quoted as follows:-"At the Salt in 1967 we were going like a bomb. Then she got the wobbles just over half way through the run. To slow her down I sat up. The wind tore my goggles off and the blast forced my eyeballs back into my head - couldn't see a thing. We were so far off the black line that we missed a steel marker stake by inches. I put her down - a few scratches all round but nothing much else". At the time Burt was traveling at close to 206 mph!

http://www.indianmotorbikes.com/feat...unro/munro.htm

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #39 of 71 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 11:13 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
From the Wikipedia entry for Burt Munro:

Records

In 1962 he set world record of 178.97 mph (288 km/h) with his engine bored out to 51 cu.in. (850cc).
In 1963 a connecting rod broke while he was traveling at an estimated 195 mph (313 km/h).
In 1966 his engine was displacing 56 cu.in. (920cc), but Burt was unhappy with some loss in top speed, and completely rebuilt it again.
In 1967 his engine was bored out to 58 cu.in. (950cc) and he set a class record of 183.58 mph (295.44 km/h). To qualify he made a one-way run of 190.07 mph (305.89 km/h), the fastest ever officially recorded speed on an Indian.

Quotes

From a popular New Zealand Motorcycle magazine Burt is quoted as saying:- "At the Salt in 1967 we were going like a bomb. Then she got the wobbles just over half way through the run. To slow her down I sat up. The wind tore my goggles off and the blast forced my eyeballs back into my head - couldn't see a thing. We were so far off the black line that we missed a steel marker stake by inches. I put her down - a few scratches all round but nothing much else". At the time Burt was traveling at close to 206 mph (331 km/h).

Sure it was (independent) Hollywood, with some liberties taken. And sure we've all seen the little-guy-makes-it-with-guts-and-determination story over and over again. But that's because it is a good story, when told well. And this was told very well. I enjoyed it, and would go see it again given the chance. There aren't too many movies I can say that about these days.

But I do need to pick up a DVD copy of On Any Sunday. My old VHS-taped copy sure has seen better days.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #40 of 71 Old Mar 1st, 2006, 11:52 pm

Red face One in every crowd.

Quote:
i keep waiting for someone to say the movie was "okay," not "great,"
Why wait? Just say it for yourself. Oh! . . . You do, and do, and do, and . . .

Quote:
...the storyline, overcoming enormous odds to succeed, is WAY overcooked, and to me hopkins' character was just not that interesting.
Pretty accurate if you'd read a little about Burt Munro's life. Or...you could always SNOPES it!

Quote:
at one point he dumps his streamliner on the salt flats going about 200 mph, and he slides a few seconds, then stops. he yells a bit while sliding. then he gets up, basically unhurt. somehow i think a 200 mph getoff would inflict a tad more physical damage.
Do I even need to comment on this misassumption? Didn't think so...

Quote:
i'm also fairly sure the 200 mph speed record portrayed in the movie is not accurate.
Yet you don't question the validity of the drag queen, the roadside whore, or the traveling soldier w/ agent orange?

Quote:
maybe worth buying a DVD. but it wasn't worth 12 bucks to see it on the big screen.
Umm . . . just how much do most DVD's cost anyway?! Far less than $12?! Really? Got a link where you're buying these $3 DVDs?

Quote:
my opinion, for what it's worth.
Um . . . You couldn't buy the $3 DVD if'n I paid you for the opinion. Better luck next time Mr. Ebert.
post #41 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 8:01 am

hi joe ... thx for interjecting your opinion of my opinion, in your own unique, endearing style.

yeah, i actually did read a bit about munroe before seeing the movie. that's why i knew that the first record attempt, the one depicted by the movie, did not yield a 200 mph run.

i also know that he actually dumped it at speed. i just don't think the incident was accurately depicted in the movie. 200 mph crashes tend to be more dramatic and damaging.

finally, the diff between the big screen and DVD is you get to view the DVD multiple times. that makes it a better value.

struggle with math, did we?
post #42 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 8:04 am

Why on earth would one want to view a movie MANY times, when they obviously didn't like the film...ONCE?! Math? I think your problem is more of the psychological nature. And could you please learn to use the SHIFT key. It's really not that hard. Honest. And you're "supposed" to be a writer of some sort, eh? Good Lord!
post #43 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 8:24 am

Quote:
Why on earth would one want to view a movie MANY times, when they obviously didn't like the film...ONCE?! Math? I think your problem is more of the psychological nature. And could you please learn to use the SHIFT key. It's really not that hard. Honest. And you're "supposed" to be a writer of some sort, eh? Good Lord!
if you reread my original post again, a bit more carefully this time, you will see that i liked the movie, but that in my judgement it is not "great." try to pay attention, okay?

i think part of the reason it fell short of "great" in my opinion is because of my sky-high expectations. anthony hopkins is one of my favorite actors and of course i have lived and breathed motorcycles since i was 13.

when one spends a fair amount of time traveling on airplanes, one does what one can to entertain oneself. i could see myself watching the movie again. it is entertaining.

regarding "learning" to use the shift key .... no. why don't you learn reading posts with all lower case. might improve your reading comprehension skills.

finally ... it's a MOVIE, fer chrissake! why do you feel the need to attack me for my opinion of a movie? will you not grant that it is possible for reasonable people to have valid differences of opinion of film? if not, that's pretty sad.

jeez, joe.
post #44 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 1:23 pm

I stand corrected. I see that you DO know how to use the Shift Key. But only when spelling Gerald.
Kinda wonder why that word gets such special treatment though... Oh...I get it now.

You came into this thread wanting to enlighten us with your brilliant and insightful view of why this movie isn't "great"...and quite frankly, I discounted it. And all the PMs that I received in agreement verify that I am not alone. Those people are just nicer than I am. And...I'm 'OK' with that.

jeez, Gerhald.
post #45 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 1:32 pm

the name is "gerhard."

it's that pesky reading comprehension thing again, isn't it?

my friends call me gary.

you can call me gerhard.
post #46 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 1:34 pm

Sure thing Gerhead!
post #47 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 1:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I saw it with my 17 year old son
We both enjoyed it
Good movie: yes
Great movie: no
Enjoyable movie: yes
Worth $7.50: Yes
Hanging out with my son: Priceless

Mike in Pittsburgh

2000 K1200LT Canyon Red
1983 Honda GL650I Silverwing Interstate
post #48 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

My 13 year old boy loved it as I did. Like you said, "Priceless".
post #49 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 2:46 pm

Quote:

my friends call me gary.

you can call me gerhard.
It's sad that you don't consider yourself a friend here. You don't sign with "Gary". Guess that pretty much says it all.

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
CMA National Evangelist SE Region
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #50 of 71 Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 3:01 pm

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtebeau
It's sad that you don't consider yourself a friend here. You don't sign with "Gary". Guess that pretty much says it all.
it breaks my heart that this makes you sad, randal. life is so short, after all. tell ya what: i won't let it bug me if you won't let it get under your skin. maybe we still have a chance at happiness? LOL!

i sign on as "gerhard" because that's my real, legal name. "gary" is a nickname. i respond to either quite readily. but for people who continually attack me, gerhard just "feels" right.

you can call me whichever you want. my comments were not aimed at you.

frankly, i am surprised you feel the need to comment on it at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in