Bose products - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Feb 12th, 2006, 8:31 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Bose products

Well took me at least 12 years to finally break down and buy some Bose products.

Earlier this week it was Patty's B-day so I got her a Wave radio with single CD. She did not want the multi cd changer. She is really enjoying it. While I was at the Bose outlet, I listened to an iPod through the SoundDock speaker/charger unit. had to have that too.

The next day I returned the multi cd changer and came home with the Companion 3 multimedia speaker system for my PC. Talk about waking up the PC. The stupid two speakers that came with the desktop computer were totally crap. Can't believe I waited 3 years to change them.

I still have to buy the Monster brand or similar FM modulator for the iPod. Dennison does not make an Icelink for Dodge (last check was 5 days ago).

All in all absolutely happy with all 3 units.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Feb 12th, 2006, 8:51 pm
Some guy on the Interwebs

Talking

I'm with you. We have two BOSE Wave cd/radio's that we really enjoy. I also bought the home theatre setup, the 3-2-1, which I really enjoy crankin' up when playing movies. I haven't done the pc system or iPod yet... Haven't heard it...

For the iPod, I use the DLO Transpod FM Transmitter which also charges it. Plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and has worked great so far. $99.00. Info:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1124432781049

Good listening!

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old Feb 12th, 2006, 9:13 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Thanks Hal:

I think you'll like the SoundDock.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

post #4 of 16 Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:55 pm

we

have the Lifestyle 35 theater system. Movies come alive!!
Music from the iPod sounds like the band is right in the room.
post #5 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2006, 5:00 am

My first real introduction to Bose was some years ago, a friend of mine bought some Bose Cubes. The speakers would easily sit in the palm of your hand and there was 4 of these in the lounge and a sub as well. I honestly thought it was some kind of joke as they sounded really big and i thought he had hidden the real speakers elsewhere in the room.
But alas, it was all done by the cubes, really big sound with such tiny speakers. I was amazed at the sound quality. they were white in colour and not very heavy either
post #6 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2006, 5:39 pm

I have the 3 2 1 as well. I use my IPOD plugged into the AUX position with a stereo to RCA jacks.....WoW!!!!

I'm with you. We have two BOSE Wave cd/radio's that we really enjoy. I also bought the home theatre setup, the 3-2-1, which I really enjoy crankin' up when playing movies. I haven't done the pc system or iPod yet... Haven't heard it...

For the iPod, I use the DLO Transpod FM Transmitter which also charges it. Plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and has worked great so far. $99.00. Info:

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 Old Feb 13th, 2006, 10:15 pm

"Got no highs . . . got no lows . . . must be a BOSE"

That's an old sound reinforcement guy's adage. One of which I have never prescribed to, I might add. Back in the mid-80s, I owned 4 Bose power amps that really impressed me. Man!...were they punchy! Then, from '92 - '98, I owned two Nissan Maxima's with 6-speakers Bose systems. Loved them!

I'm not a huge fan of Bose's "reflected sound", but their quality is undeniable. Congrats on your new purchases,
post #8 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 12:21 am
Ted

Joe -

Never heard that jingle before, but I gotta say it sure is true for the Bose System that came w/ my house. It's a Lifestyle Model 5 - and a few years ago when I checked it was the model 2nd from the bottom in their product line-up.

Perhaps they've improved since, but I would not recommend what I have to anyone - it's a real POS.

Now I know why the previous owner left it behind!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #9 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 1:12 am

I like direct sound . . . and on the bass/mid-bass frequencies of the dynamic spectrum (180Hz on down), I tend to like it harsh and 'in your face', but without being muddy (like todays rap music). But that's just me.

Audio system preferences vary as much as the music we play through them. What's pleasing to one, annoys another. Thank God for choices.
post #10 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 1:40 am
IBR# 366

Garage
No, thank an engineer.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #11 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 6:45 am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Thank God for choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
No, thank an engineer.
I did. The CHIEF "engineer".
post #12 of 16 Old Apr 5th, 2006, 9:34 am

I have had the little Bose Acoustimass speakers for about 12 years now. I always thought that they were good for watching TV but not very good with music. Here is a very technical review that basically says that Bose is all marketing:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

2018 K1600GTL
2012 K1600GTL (retired)
2003 K1200LT (retired)

IBA # 35048
post #13 of 16 Old Apr 5th, 2006, 9:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygee
I have had the little Bose Acoustimass speakers for about 12 years now. I always thought that they were good for watching TV but not very good with music. Here is a very technical review that basically says that Bose is all marketing:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Someone can say (or write) what they want, but the proof is in the pudding. About 2 years ago I bought the Bose headphones since I fly a lot for work. What a difference. Everything else compared to Bose sounds like junk.

If Bose could figure how to get the same head phones in my helmet, WOW that would be outstanding.

Last edited by MarkEngland; Apr 5th, 2006 at 9:58 am.
post #14 of 16 Old Apr 5th, 2006, 10:12 am

I am certainly no expert in this area, and was impressed by store set-ups of the Bose systems. I worked with an engineer for several years that had a sideline business building high end speaker systems, and he showed me some Bose speakers he had opened up to compare with what he was building. I had to agree, the little speakers in the mini boxes looked CHEAP! Held that and the speakers he was using in near the same size and there was no comparison. His were twice as heavy, and the cones were far more rugged and looked as if they would outlast the Bose ones 4:1.

He also said that if you hooked the Bose speakers to a normal amplifier, they would not sound as good as most other speakers anywhere near the price range, and that the Bose amp specifically over drives certain frequencies to make the sound appear stronger, but that the levels are not realistic compared to the original sound source.

Still, they still sounded good to me! Guess my ears are prone to accepting overdriving of certain frequencies as great.

Maybe that is Bose's strategy, don't worry about "accurate" reproduction, but instead concentrate on what the majority of people feel is "apparently" better.

I used to fly a lot, and the Bose pilot's headphones are to kill for! Flying piston engined general aviation aircraft is a NOISY proposition at best, the Bose units pretty much kill all the noise and let the comm stuff through clear as a bell. I could not afford them, and only used a pair on one flight, but if I had kept flying they would have been on my "must obtain" list.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #15 of 16 Old Apr 5th, 2006, 11:21 am
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Bose, I love them :)

I'm not an sound engineer, but my Bose Wave is awsome, and my Bose noise canceling headphones work, I too wish I could put them in my helmet. It really sounds good to me and that is what matters.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #16 of 16 Old Apr 5th, 2006, 11:21 am

Part of my business is dealing with large yachts and even larger yachts, and most of them have Bose systems installed.

Undeniably they sound good.

But most impresses me about their ads is that there are NEVER any prices specified, only details on how to contact a dealer.

That, in my opinion, takes courage or supreme confidence in your product.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in