REFRESHING ride to work this morning. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Feb 15th, 2010, 9:20 am Thread Starter
Cat Herder

REFRESHING ride to work this morning.

I guess I will have to get used to that riding on an basically unfaired motorcycle is different than riding on the plush LT, ESPECIALLY if the temperatures get down, close to freezing.

When I left home today the temps where at 32.5F and I forgot my balaclava at home. A fact that was made known to me rather quickly. Then, even though I have heated grips on the GS, without any further wind protection all they do is roast your hands from the inside, while the fingers are frozen from the outside. I guess the thicker gloves would have been a smart idea after all.

I am just lucky I found the electric gear after the move and hung it up yesterday because I do not have a connection on this bike yet, but after this mornings ride I know I will travel the extra mile tonight to pick up a harness so that I can have heated gear tomorrow.

Yes, being back on a dual purpose bike is very much different than the LT or the wing for that matter. On the upside, I hope that the extra blast of wind will be better in Houston summer. I always missed the wind when riding in Houston in the summertime.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in