IT SUPPORT - Chrome browser question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 5:35 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

IT SUPPORT - Chrome browser question

I switched my browser from IE to Firefox ( moved the favorites from IE to Firefox) and liked everything about Firefox except that about 1/2 of the time, when exiting Firefox, it did not want to quit. I then switched to Chrome and it seems to be running trouble free. I have not figured out how to import my favorite web sites. Firefox calls them bookmarks. A search comes up with a way to do them individually but not as a group. Has anyone done this?

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: IT SUPPORT - Chrome browser question

I recently switched from I.E, and all the favorites/bookmarks were switched over automatically. I seem to remember something about it saying that this would happen, sorry I am not much help as I don't know how this was done. Maybe it is different switching from Fire Fox than from I.E., but my favorites all switched in a group. I have a few issues with Chrome, as 3 of my applications that I use from work does not work with Chrome. Otherwise I have no problems with it and it is certainly faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:44 pm

Check out this page:

http://www.google.com/search?q=impor...ient=firefox-a

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 4th, 2010, 6:15 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino

Mike - THANKS !!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN........

I did several previous searches and saw a few of the sites in your link, but for some reason, did not locate the correct area that I needed for the "import bookmark" section help. Even going to Google Chrome forums and FAQ did not bring up the answer I needed for the really simple solution. Your search found it and I sincerely thank you. It was easy with the correct instructions and a little digging and in case anyone else needs this information, here is how to "import bookmarks after installing Chrome:

1. Click the tools icon in the upper right corner of your current tab. The tools icon is represented by a wrench and is directly below the close out “X”.
2. The Import Bookmarks and Settings window will open. From the the drop down menu, select the browser from which are are importing.
3. Select the appropriate boxes for the items you'd like to import. You can select to import your Favorites/Bookmarks, Search engines, Saved passwords, and Browsing history.
4. Click Import to bring your selected settings into Google Chrome.

(The above instructions left out what is below between 1. and 2.

Go to: OPTIONS
Then: BROWSING DATA
Then: IMPORT DATA

By the way, I found that I had more than 2,500 book marks and wonder if that is excessive? Probably don't use 5% and maybe need to thin them out! Almost had to it it wasn't for your help. Thanks again.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:51 am

"By the way, I found that I had more than 2,500 book marks and wonder if that is excessive?"

Yes it is! I think all of us suffer the same affliction. I'm afraid to count. I often put bookmarks relating to a project in a folder, do the project, then, years later open some of the sites...they are gone, or gone somewhere else. The web is a very fluid river of info.

It is similar to what I say about my Filemaker database(s), "If you are not in my database, you don't exist. If you are in my database, you are immortal!"

Pete Jessen
CCR 02, 03, 04, 08, 10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in