Move to Mexico? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 7:42 pm Thread Starter

Angry Move to Mexico?

I started to put this in humor, but it isn't funny.
--------
If you are ready for the adventure of a lifetime, TRY THIS:

Enter
Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international
law, or any of that nonsense.

Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for
you and your entire family.

Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.

Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate
abundantly.

Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior
with, "It is a cultural U.S.A.thing. You would not understand, pal."

Keep your American identity strong. Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or
proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper.

Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do
likewise.

Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.

Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights
and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal, presence in
Mexico

Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.

Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.

Good luck! You'll be demanding for the rest of time or soon be dead. Because
it will never happen. It will not happen in
Mexico or any other country in the
world except right here in the United States, Land of the naive and stupid,
idiotic politically correct politicians.

If you agree, pass it on. If you don't, go ahead and try the above in
Mexico
--------------or
Iraq.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 9:54 pm

Just a few of my quick thoughts.

"Enter Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international
law, or any of that nonsense."

I believe many Americans did just that in the early 1800's leading to the Mexican War and the acquisition of much of the American Southwest.

"Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for
you and your entire family. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors. Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc"

I don't see many illegal immigrants demanding health care, or bilingual government forms. Mostly they try to stay out of the system, unless in dire trouble.

"Procreate abundantly."

That's more of a Catholic thing, talk to the pope.

"Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.
Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers."

That pretty much describes many American's weekend in Rocky Point, San Carlos, and many other tourists spots in Mexico.

I happen to live in a town fairly close to the border, about an hour and a half away. This is both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing because we get the rich Mexican heritage, and some great Mexican food. The cursed part comes in with the drug runners and the "coyotes" who feed on human misery.

I think the vast majority of illegal immigrants are hard working folks, simply trying to do something, anything to improve the lives of their families. They were unlucky enough to have been born in the wrong place, although they may still love their homeland. I also see most second generation Mexicans speaking English, just as previous immigrants like Irish, German, etc. I also notice that on Spanish language TV, a main source of ad revenue seems to be from English language learning programs on DVD.

The problem as I see it is companies that hire illegals to save money on labor combined with Mexican Government that has not met the needs of it's citizens. I don't buy the argument that Americans won't take some jobs. Americans won't take some jobs at the pay that is offered. We wink and nod at companies that hire illegals and then get mad at the poor people who give their life savings to some coyote to get across the border for a chance to feed their families.

Dale White

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
— Charles Bukowski
post #3 of 8 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 11:35 pm

Angry

David - don't go feeling too alone - the U.S. does not have the market on political correctness tied up. In Canada it has gone past the point of being stupid (way past). It seems that the keyword in this country is "tolerance". We are supposed to "tolerate" criminals that enter our country as "refugees", politicians that steal, homosexuality that is condoned by our school system (why can't we have Heterosexual Pride Day's and parades), TWO "official" languages, gun control (that only keeps guns out of the hands of the law-abiding), prison sentences that are a joke (a life sentence means app. 7 years behind bars), etc. etc.

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 8th, 2006, 1:08 am

Garage
Perhaps "Free Trade" is not ,as mutually beneficial, as expected. Labor abundant countries at one time were thought to have an advantage by producing labour intensive goods. Now labor and capital are mobile across borders , so the labor market is beginning to mirror the product (import/export) market. We may not like it , but it is a consequence of classical liberalism. At this time many developed countries in Europe and elsewhere are experiencing similar issues. The legality argument becomes redundant in the face of a demand for low priced labor. Excludeability is possible but at great cost. The world is not that big any more.

Last edited by patrick2000; Feb 8th, 2006 at 1:24 am.
post #5 of 8 Old Feb 8th, 2006, 10:03 am Thread Starter

I did not write the thoughts, just posted them. I do agree with a lot of it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertlizard
Just a few of my quick thoughts.
----I don't see many illegal immigrants demanding health care, or bilingual government forms. Mostly they try to stay out of the system, unless in dire trouble.
Tell that to the San Diego Hospitals! It is a BIG problem here, with the hospitals constantly having to give health care to illegals, or aliens with green cards. They cannot just kick them out the door, and there are a lot of aliens (not just Mexicans) showing up with serious problems and to have their babies.
Quote:
I happen to live in a town fairly close to the border, about an hour and a half away. This is both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing because we get the rich Mexican heritage, and some great Mexican food. The cursed part comes in with the drug runners and the "coyotes" who feed on human misery.
I can SEE Mexico from my home! Yes, there is a lot of great Mexican food around here.
Quote:
I think the vast majority of illegal immigrants are hard working folks, simply trying to do something, anything to improve the lives of their families. They were unlucky enough to have been born in the wrong place, although they may still love their homeland.
I do not disagree with that at all. It is just too bad that the Mexican people cannot put a government in place that has their best interests at heart. No matter what they do, their govermnent continues to be corrupt and self serving.
Quote:
The problem as I see it is companies that hire illegals to save money on labor combined with Mexican Government that has not met the needs of it's citizens.
Absolutely!
Quote:
I don't buy the argument that Americans won't take some jobs. Americans won't take some jobs at the pay that is offered.
again, absolutely correct.
Quote:
We wink and nod at companies that hire illegals and then get mad at the poor people who give their life savings to some coyote to get across the border for a chance to feed their families.
That is not so true in the San Diego area. Most companies here try hard to insure they are NOT hiring illegals. Huge penalties if they are caught at it. Also, people here are not getting mad at the people coming across so much as the coyotes and people smugglers, but more so at the Mexican government for doing absolutely NOTHING to help, and then getting mad at the American government for trying to stop it.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #6 of 8 Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
That is not so true in the San Diego area. Most companies here try hard to insure they are NOT hiring illegals. Huge penalties if they are caught at it. Also, people here are not getting mad at the people coming across so much as the coyotes and people smugglers, but more so at the Mexican government for doing absolutely NOTHING to help, and then getting mad at the American government for trying to stop it.
david ... if there were no jobs there would be no illegals. until americans stop hiring illegals they will continue to come. we can wring our hands at the results all we want, but the cause (and the cure) are crystal clear.
post #7 of 8 Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:46 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBandit
david ... if there were no jobs there would be no illegals. until americans stop hiring illegals they will continue to come. we can wring our hands at the results all we want, but the cause (and the cure) are crystal clear.
There are certainly jobs here in San Diego for them, but not many COMPANIES hiring them, at least not knowingly. Mostly laborers working for individuals and the few companies that are illegally continuing to exploit them.

I would like to see MUCH better enforcement of the rules myself. If it were up to me I would probably militarize the border until this gets back under control. It certainly is out of control now.

We continue to see coyote drop-offs near our home, and trucks/vans coming by in the wee hours to pick them up to take them further north. Every time we see it we notify the Border Patrol. We live next to a large ranch land that is a known drop point. The Border Patrol will watch it for a few months and it will stop, then they go away and after a while it starts back.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #8 of 8 Old Feb 8th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Garage
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBandit
Kbandit,

Your thoughts are logical, but the solution is more complex than it appears. How can employment be monitored in a lassie faire labor market where demand is often the deciding factor? The "guest worker" idea introduces a short term solution , but in time ,it too, would fragment , as implementation costs versus benefits disrupt the availability of cheap labor. It appears the labor market has an undesirable self levelling effect for developed countries regardless of immigration, or labor laws. Historically the condition is not new to the U.S., as it has been a cyclical process throughout the nations history. Unfortunately the process always challenges our cohesiveness as nation. Because immigration introduces other nationalities to U.S. culture the possibility of bi-nationalism emerges and nationalism becomes a promoted ideology among those who have already landed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in