Craigslist Universal Search - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 5:56 am Thread Starter

Craigslist Universal Search

Moderators, please move thread to proper area.

Ever wonder how many LT's are for sale on Craigslist around the world? This URL will guide you step by step on how to Bookmark a universal Craigslist search on any keywords you desire. It's local to your computer so it isn't blocked.

http://westcoastsuccess.wordpress.co...efox-keywords/

BTW: There are 65 hits for the search k1200lt

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 8:36 am

Re: Craigslist Universal Search

Here is a much better way, the one I use:

www.searchtempest.com

This used to be craigshelper, but they changed it to satisfy craigslist.

This works extremely well, and you can use the distance slider to set how far around your central search area you want it to search. It will search all the craigslist sites within your set search area. Very fast, easy, and great results. The site owner is constantly improving it, and recently added a Javasript function to automatically delete any sites from the results which show no hits.

Try it, you will love it!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #3 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 9:09 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Here is a much better way, the one I use:

www.searchtempest.com

This used to be craigshelper, but they changed it to satisfy craigslist.

Try it, you will love it!
Very kool site David thanks It is bookmarked.

Stevie Shreeve

post #4 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:29 am
BMW Guru

Any search engine will allow you to search any url for key words. I prefer google.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:39 am Thread Starter

Mr Shealy, you are correct sir! Your search utility is FAR FAR superior to the one I found!

All, Please disregard the URL I sent and use David's link instead. I already have!

Happy Holidays!

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

post #6 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 1:37 pm

I just noticed that the "enhanced" mode of SearchTempest was not working, the mode which dumps any link with no hits.

Checked their forum site, and found that the owner had to pull that mode due to "conversations" with Craigslist!

Now he seems to be more worried about being able to keep the standard version running!

That makes NO sense to me, his site only made Craigslist searching BETTER, with far more exposure to people listing on it.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #7 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

David, this is exactly what happened to the universal search engine I used in the past. The dude who wrote the program finally just wore out from all the "continuing negotiations" with Craigslist. What is up with these morons? If they are worried about automated machine searches then just add one of those swoopedy letter/number things and let us have at it. I am looking for a reasonably rare (not expensive) boat built in the Seattle area and when I find the right one I will be willing to go to Salt Lake City, Boise, ID, anywhere in Washington State........ to get the right one. You get the idea. It is exhausting to search all of the Craigslist sites within this 600 mile radius.

Any options, in your opinion, to mount a grass roots effort to keep these utilities running? Or is it best to stay quiet and keep our heads below the radar?

Loren

Quote:
I just noticed that the "enhanced" mode of SearchTempest was not working, the mode which dumps any link with no hits.

Checked their forum site, and found that the owner had to pull that mode due to "conversations" with Craigslist!

Now he seems to be more worried about being able to keep the standard version running!

That makes NO sense to me, his site only made Craigslist searching BETTER, with far more exposure to people listing on it.

WAK1200LT
Loren

post #8 of 9 Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:24 pm

Garage

Quote:

That's too bad - that feature made that site one of the best (especially with the enhanced Java version)!

Let's not forget one of the originals: www.crazedlist.org NOTE: Firefox only! Won't work in IE, and I've had limited success with Chrome, etc.

Gino
Modesto, CA
'02 Silver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw. --Rush
post #9 of 9 Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 5:09 pm

Quote:

Try http://craiglook.com

It seems to be far more advanced than search tempest. With search tempest going down It also seems to be the only craigslist search site working today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in