Traffic Stop - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:35 pm Thread Starter

Traffic Stop

Within the past two days, Officer Jim Sell, a police officer in the small town of Gassville, Arkansas, was shot to death doing what is the most dangerous thing in police work...making that routine traffic stop. And Sgt. Henry Prendes of the Las vegas Police Department was shot and killed doing the second most dangerous thing in police work...responding to a domestic violence call. Please keep their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 11:00 pm

That's tough work; comes with some nice rewards but sure has some serious hazards. That's too bad and I hope the shooters were caught or silenced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman858
Within the past two days, Officer Jim Sell, a police officer in the small town of Gassville, Arkansas, was shot to death doing what is the most dangerous thing in police work...making that routine traffic stop. And Sgt. Henry Prendes of the Las vegas Police Department was shot and killed doing the second most dangerous thing in police work...responding to a domestic violence call. Please keep their families in your thoughts and prayers.
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:06 am
Cat Herder

Garage
Memorial Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman858

There was a memorial today at Sgt. Henry Prendes' church here in Las Vegas. The shooter was shot and killed by other officers. Some young rap guy who was ready to shoot first. Nothing like this has happened in LV for 17 years. Prayers to his family and friends....

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 6th, 2006, 2:09 am

I believe the Officer that was killed in Gassville was shot and killed by the suspect in the gay bar attack. That suspect was then shot by police and later died. My prayers go out to both Officers' families.

While traffic stops seem routine to the public, every once in awhile they are far from routine. About one month ago, a CHP co-worker of mine made a traffic stop in a rural area of Napa County. The driver did not have her ID on her, so she verbally provided a name. Dispatch was unable to locate a name match on her. The Officer was able to determine her real name. This time dispatch located a match. She had an arrest warrant for murder. She was arrested without incident. She could have easily have had a gun fight with the officer when he didn't know her real identity.

Mike
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 6th, 2006, 4:15 am

post #6 of 7 Old Feb 6th, 2006, 9:48 am

God bless them and their families.
post #7 of 7 Old Feb 6th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Unhappy You just never know!

There is just nothing like walking up to a car in the middle of the night. Ive done it thousands of times and fortunatly the worst that has happened in my 29 years is a knock down drag out fight or a chase. Ive never had to discharge my weapon at a stop. Thank the lord! With all the firearms I have taken off drunk drivers or others I have arrested I feel very very lucky never to have been seriously injured...The best thing for those who think its a simple thing to do should see if their local Police Department has a civilian academy and do the FATS training. A good system will get your blood pumping and make you sweat.... God bless those brave young men and their famalies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in