Ceiling Cat -- explained - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Dec 7th, 2009, 7:34 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Ceiling Cat -- explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBxCBi3C67k

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 8:50 am
Gold Supporter

Re: Ceiling Cat -- explained

Ahhh-Haaa....now I get it.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:02 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Makes perfect sense to me . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Wow, you guys are so misinformed. There is only one true power in the universe -

http://www.venganza.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #5 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 2:37 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Heretic!

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #6 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Quote:
Heretic!
I see your Heretic and raise you a Blasphemer!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #7 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Re: Ceiling Cat and other religious opinions belong in the Crapper.

Funny how every year around this time the "atheist's"

(who are all so much smarter than those of us that do believe in a God)

get the urges to start pissing in everyone else's "corn flakes"

I don't read every thread but I can't remember anybody else "preaching" their beliefs,
for quite some time now.

Y'all just can't help yourselves, can ya?

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #8 of 15 Old Dec 8th, 2009, 8:24 pm

x2 Hans; and have a 'Merry Christmas' and enjoy the rest of the Solstice events too.......
post #9 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 1:57 am

Wow, you guys can't let a little semi-religious humor pass that's not even directed at you nor your beliefs without taking extreme offense, and get pretty free calling people names. Nice to see those lessons in tolerance paying off.

Regardless, I wish you and yours a Happy Holiday Season.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #10 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 7:03 am Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
Funny how every year around this time the "atheist's"

(who are all so much smarter than those of us that do believe in a God)

get the urges to start pissing in everyone else's "corn flakes"

I don't read every thread but I can't remember anybody else "preaching" their beliefs,
for quite some time now.

Y'all just can't help yourselves, can ya?
Just a few questions:

What exactly gave you the impression that your beliefs are better than mine(whatever they are?)
and
What exactly gave you the impression that you are important enough that anybody cares "to piss in your corn flakes"?

Quite frankly I could give a flying fuck what somebody believes, this is not the place to judge anyone in regards to their beliefs. This is a forum where friends hang out talking about everything , guess what: Not everything goes how YOU want it to. Welcome to the real world.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

post #11 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 8:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Wow, you guys can't let a little semi-religious humor pass that's not even directed at you nor your beliefs without taking extreme offense,
Good morning David, Andy and friends.
It might be all fun and games for you, and countless others,
but the whole video is nothing more than a mockery of things that a lot of us believe in,

Now you and I should have the right to believe in whatever we want to without being ridiculed and mocked for it.

If you the video creators or anybody else mocks me or my belief, I will "stand up"

I'm not "pushing" what I believe on anybody and I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong
on some things we just disagree and always will.

I want nothing more from you or anyone else than just enough respect to
let me believe what I choose to believe

without.....(how do I say this without it being misinterpreted) ...your mockery and disrespect.
Quote:
Just a few questions:
What exactly gave you the impression that your beliefs are better than mine(whatever they are?)
Better than mine? and whatever they are?
Well to start with I'm not "pushing or preaching" whatever they are on you,
I'm sure I could find video's to support "my beliefs" but why bother?
it's not going to change anybody's mind or opinion.

Now maybe I can ask you a question?

I've been around here for almost five years, long enough to notice "patterns"
so why do y'all feel the "need" to "start this crap" every year around this time?

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #12 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 9:25 am
Gold Supporter

Hans,

I don't get it at all. I watched this video and thought it was funny (irregardless of what I believe or don't believe), nothing more, nothing less, and certainly didn't feel anyone was "Pissing in my corn flakes" so that would rule out your "Everyone's" ploy. No one was mocking or ridiculing you, or me, personally on the thread, or in the video, much less PREACHING anything, yet you claim to have some given right to "Stand Up"? You start by name calling and were the first to mock and ridicule with your first post. Now you want to try to defend yourself by claiming to be the victim and think you are speaking for "Everyone"?!?!?! You claim you want respect...and THIS is how you think you'll get it?

I didn't see anything claiming that anyone was better or worse than you on this thread or this video, nor did I see anything claiming that any religion, or lack of, was better, so where do you come off with the crap about your beliefs? Because you assume someone doesn't believe what you do, you think THEY are wrong, so that gives you the right to trash and label them, or stand up as you put it? Wars have started for the very same reasons more than anything else...ever wonder why? Because "Everyone" doesn't believe in the same thing, however, "Everyone" feels it's their right too. So along comes some self serving bastard, who thinks it's okay to shove his or her belief down the throat of someone else and then want to claim to be the victim when they meet resistance. Bombs and bullets fly and for what? A war over religion...kinda brings back memories of that old "Fucking for chastity" thing we heard during another conflict that was over someone else's beliefs. Again, I don't believe anyone was trying to shove anything down your throat or preaching to you personally, much less "Everyone", so how can you (or anyone for that matter) be the victim here?

This is your idea of forgiveness, which is a big part of being a religious person? Now like Andy, I couldn't give a flying fuck what you, Andy, David or anyone else believes in and I certainly wouldn't bash someone for their beliefs (even if I KNEW what they were), unless they were trying to cram them down my throat, like so many "Religions" have done to others (maybe even "Everyone") over the years. If you didn't see any humor in this video fine, I did, as did some others (maybe not "Everyone")...what does it matter to you? Does it make you better than me somehow, because you took offense?

You don't need to put a label on me, because I couldn't care less and I don't care how you or anyone else sees me. I am certainly not going to bash you or anyone else for posting a "I believe in something that not "Everyone" else does" and start "mocking" or "ridiculing" you or them, so why should you and by what right? Diss the seasoning....or however that old saying goes.

On another note, Andy...David...seriously, I ate spaghetti and meatballs last night AND played with my kitten...does that make me a believer or non-believer? I always get that stuff mixed up and I would hate to be wrong, don't ya know. Might end up with coal in my stocking.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #13 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 9:47 am

We all believe in something, even if that something is nothing. I believe being offended is a choice.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #14 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:41 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Wow, I have to be the reasonable one here? Things really have changed.

Hans,

I'll admit that the video plays directly on some very Christian themes. But remember that many of those themes were taken from older religions and beliefs and co-opted into the "new" religion, so they're in no way unique to Christianity.

You know where I stand on these issues, as I can be quite vocal about it. But you also have to realize that a lot of what you're seeing as personal attacks aren't directed at you specifically. It's more of a backlash against those who feel so strongly about their beliefs that they make it a priority to force those beliefs on everyone else. Whether face-to-face, in online forums, or in changing our local and Federal laws, there is a huge push to get "everyone" to conform to the specific ideals of one specific group.

That I have a problem with, as do many other folks. In fact, I believe that this overwhelming drive to force the beliefs of a specific group onto the world as a whole is responsible for much of the hatred and persecution in the world today. Whether it be radical Muslims and their suicide bombs or a radical Christian killing Family Planning doctors or beating gays to death, it all stems from the same intolerance and hatred for anyone who dares to think or feel or act differently and thus refuses to "fall in line."

Yes, those are extreme examples, and no, I don't believe that every single Muslim is hell-bent on destroying us, any more than I believe that every single Christian or Jew is hell-bent on either converting or killing everyone they meet.

But there are those few who are so adamant about their own beliefs that they spend their lives trying to convert others, or to prove that every other belief is somehow wrong. And the Christian religion, like the Muslims, is particularly focused on proselytizing and conversion.

Which naturally draws resistance from those who may hold a differing opinion.

So yes, you will occasionally see a shot taken like the video posted above. It may even be dressed up as humor to soften its impact.

But realize that this isn't a direct attack against any one individual. It's merely the latest salvo in a debate that has been going on for centuries, and that will go on long after you and I and everyone reading this is gone.

So really, the only real response that's gonna make any difference in the long run is to stand firm in your own beliefs, whatever they may be, and not let anyone else impinge upon those beliefs. There will always be those who disagree, sometimes vociferously, but those are external forces and can't shake your internal faith unless you let them.

At least that's what the rest of us non-believers believe.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #15 of 15 Old Dec 9th, 2009, 11:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
Good morning David, Andy and friends.
It might be all fun and games for you, and countless others,
but the whole video is nothing more than a mockery of things that a lot of us believe in,

Now you and I should have the right to believe in whatever we want to without being ridiculed and mocked for it.

If you the video creators or anybody else mocks me or my belief, I will "stand up"

I'm not "pushing" what I believe on anybody and I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong
on some things we just disagree and always will.

I want nothing more from you or anyone else than just enough respect to
let me believe what I choose to believe

without.....(how do I say this without it being misinterpreted) ...your mockery and disrespect.Better than mine? and whatever they are?
Well to start with I'm not "pushing or preaching" whatever they are on you,
I'm sure I could find video's to support "my beliefs" but why bother?
it's not going to change anybody's mind or opinion.

Now maybe I can ask you a question?

I've been around here for almost five years, long enough to notice "patterns"
so why do y'all feel the "need" to "start this crap" every year around this time?

Hans, I think you are blowing this WAY out of proportion. The Ceiling Cat thing is a joke. The Flying Spaghetti Monster, same thing. Do you seriously believe that either of us actually consider these things as a deity, much less the thing we believe in? Do these poke fun at religion? Yes, to a degree. Are they a calculated attack on your beliefs? Far from it. Lighten up a bit!

As Meese points out, when he has to be the voice of reason in a conversation you know something's wrong.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in