PC'd to death! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Dec 1st, 2009, 1:05 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

PC'd to death!

I can't find much more to add to this... other than I think he did a great job of keeping his cool...

http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/fla...PageAdTag=News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Dec 1st, 2009, 2:22 pm
BMW Guru

Re: PC'd to death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
I can't find much more to add to this... other than I think he did a great job of keeping his cool...

http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/fla...PageAdTag=News
Give that man a medal!!

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old Dec 1st, 2009, 7:34 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Shred
Give that man a medal!!
+1 Ted

Being politically correct should be a capital crime punished by a public hanging until dead.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old Dec 1st, 2009, 7:47 pm
Lifetime Supporter

And, there is more!
Click-Clicky

This a good one!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #5 of 10 Old Dec 1st, 2009, 11:21 pm

I fully agreed with every thing he said until the very last line.

"Get the heck out!" seemed to be the antithesis of the argument he was making, but "Oh, hell, that is just my opinion.".

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
post #6 of 10 Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 10:34 am

I could not agree more. There is nothing correct (politically or otherwise) about the ridiculous stupidity of "PC".

Jerry
USAF Retired
BMWOA #80289
2009 R1200GSA
1985 K100 RT-Red
2002 K1200 LTC-Silver(SOLD)
post #7 of 10 Old Dec 4th, 2009, 11:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBil
I fully agreed with every thing he said until the very last line.

"Get the heck out!" seemed to be the antithesis of the argument he was making, but "Oh, hell, that is just my opinion.".
He asked that all learn English, assimilate, etc. IF they don't want to do that, "Get the heck out!" Sounds reasonable to me. This country wasn't founded to be England West, France Light, North Mexico, or East Asia. There was a reason people left the country they were in. They must not have liked it, or they'd still be there. They shouldn't expect to go someplace new and make it "just like home".

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #8 of 10 Old Dec 5th, 2009, 1:26 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
They shouldn't expect to go someplace new and make it "just like home".
And yet, 95% of all Americans I know living overseas do everything they can to make it "just like home." I met so many military folks that simply never left the base, because it was "weird out there" or "they drive on the wrong side of the road" or "they talk funny" (so you just yell louder in English? ). "Besides, I can get everything I need at the Commissary or AAFES and I feel safe here." And those were the folks stationed in peaceful countries that are our allies, not off in some war-torn hell hole.

As for the "PC" problem, both sides have it wrong. It simply boils down to respect. One side has taken it so far that a single word or a look can cause offense, so you keep your head down and your mouth shut so as to not offend anyone in any possible way. And the backlash, as we've seen here, is to say "screw 'em all, damn freaks!" which is really no better and doesn't actually solve anything.

Whereas if folks would learn to respect other's differences without prejudice or ridicule, then maybe we'd all learn something from each other. And maybe, just maybe, learn to stop attacking things that we don't understand.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #9 of 10 Old Dec 5th, 2009, 5:13 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
And yet, 95% of all Americans I know living overseas do everything they can to make it "just like home." I met so many military folks that simply never left the base, because it was "weird out there" or "they drive on the wrong side of the road" or "they talk funny" (so you just yell louder in English? ). "Besides, I can get everything I need at the Commissary or AAFES and I feel safe here." And those were the folks stationed in peaceful countries that are our allies, not off in some war-torn hell hole.

As for the "PC" problem, both sides have it wrong. It simply boils down to respect. One side has taken it so far that a single word or a look can cause offense, so you keep your head down and your mouth shut so as to not offend anyone in any possible way. And the backlash, as we've seen here, is to say "screw 'em all, damn freaks!" which is really no better and doesn't actually solve anything.

Whereas if folks would learn to respect other's differences without prejudice or ridicule, then maybe we'd all learn something from each other. And maybe, just maybe, learn to stop attacking things that we don't understand.
As others have occasionally said in the past: "Holy Crap, I agree with Meese!"

And from my refrigerator: "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Matt
95 Honda Magna (sold)
97 R1100RT (sold)
00 LTc, Canyon Red "Tarkus" (sold)
01 F650GS (wifey's, sold)
01 Ducati S4 Monster "LittleOne"
04 R1150RT (turned to scrap)
99 R1100RT Tundra Green
Kalamazoo, MI
"Worry does not rob tomorrow of it's sorrow. It saps the strength of today."
post #10 of 10 Old Dec 5th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
And yet, 95% of all Americans I know living overseas do everything they can to make it "just like home."
Scary thing is, I agree with Meese, too. What's become of me?

I guess I should have stated the obvious. If we go someplace new, we shouldn't expect those living there to adapt to us. It doesn't work that way in other countries. Why should it here? Why do I have to press 2 to continue in English or estraya for Spanish? Along those same lines, why am I not asked to press 3 for French, or # for Dutch and so on?

That last one was not a rhetorical question. Does anybody have the answer?

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in