huh? fraud? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:44 am Thread Starter

huh? fraud?

......or am i living in the dark ages...

issue: edmunds/trader, saw a used car in az/scottsdale (2008, 335ci bmw), told the guy we'd take it, let me know how to set up the sale..it was a good price, no bank lien on car, ie, he owns free/clear.

and here was his responce....

Here is how the deal will go .
I will start a transaction by eBay, they will send you an invoice. You will see there a bank account where you will have to send the money. That bank account is from eBay because they will keep the money in that account until you receive the car. After you receive the car will have 1 week inspection period. If you like the car eBay will pay me. If you do not like the car after the inspection eBay will refund you the money and send me back the car.
Another way is you to send me a deposit and come and see the car. If you like, you buy, if you do not like, i will give back the deposit.
Please email me back your decision.
Thank you and have a nice day.

the ad was pulled the next day, then i get another email this morn.."still interested?"

ya right, i'm gonna hand over $40k like this?

or am i just old...and fashioned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:09 pm
BMW Guru

Re: huh? fraud?

Of course it's fraud. Sad thing is people fall for that shit every day

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:21 pm Thread Starter

thanks! sure looks that way but i haven't bought anything used for awhile and i don't use ebay, etc, so i had to ask. Neck hair went straight up though after getting that note back. i'm tempted to RUN to a dealer after this episode...regards..geo

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:39 pm

Ask Ebay and theyll tell you. (dont click link in your email-go to ebay.com) I once got a letter from Ebay(not) saying I could trust this guy. All looked legit, logos, links and all, all fraudulent. I so wanted it to be real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbikin
......or am i living in the dark ages...

issue: edmunds/trader, saw a used car in az/scottsdale (2008, 335ci bmw), told the guy we'd take it, let me know how to set up the sale..it was a good price, no bank lien on car, ie, he owns free/clear.

and here was his responce....

Here is how the deal will go .
I will start a transaction by eBay, they will send you an invoice. You will see there a bank account where you will have to send the money. That bank account is from eBay because they will keep the money in that account until you receive the car. After you receive the car will have 1 week inspection period. If you like the car eBay will pay me. If you do not like the car after the inspection eBay will refund you the money and send me back the car.
Another way is you to send me a deposit and come and see the car. If you like, you buy, if you do not like, i will give back the deposit.
Please email me back your decision.
Thank you and have a nice day.

the ad was pulled the next day, then i get another email this morn.."still interested?"

ya right, i'm gonna hand over $40k like this?

or am i just old...and fashioned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in