Home Appliances... Electrolux? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Oct 29th, 2009, 11:41 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Home Appliances... Electrolux?

Ok.. I'm going to replace some home hardware...

Anyone have anything positive to say about "Electrolux"?

Yes, that can be positively Good or Bad...

here's your target, chunk away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 12:33 am

Re: Home Appliances... Electrolux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Ok.. I'm going to replace some home hardware...

Anyone have anything positive to say about "Electrolux"?

Yes, that can be positively Good or Bad...

here's your target, chunk away.
Don't know about all of their stuff, but my wife has an Electrolux stand mixer ( also called a Magic Mill ) that is a real workhorse. Makes Kitchen Aid mixers look like toys.

What are you replacing?

Kevin
'06 K1200LT
post #3 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 1:00 am
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

I ran an operation for a 3PL carrier that did all the home deliveries for Sears. Washers/Dryers and such. While they often push their brand a few Electorlux items made it out the warehouse door and onto the delivery truck. I am not sure of the issues, but they did routinely come back. By the same token so did the store brand. Most often we knew that "new model" items had a high return rate for "issues". IMHO, if you get a new one and the company that sells it has a good rep, your pretty well set. Hell if you go with sears, let me know. I'll clue you in to their system to giving money back for issues during delivery..!

FWIW- The same company did the deliveries for Conn's (?) and I think they are in your neck of the woods. From a client / customer aspect they were the worst to work for. Their expectations for service to the customer was/is far and above everyone else.

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI

post #4 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 7:21 am

Chan,
try looking at the website www.appliancejunk.com I did a lot of looking around there and this sight seemed to have a lot of information on different brands, products etc.

Not sure who owns electrolux any more. Are they part of the whirlpool Maytag conglomorate?

best of luck on your purchase

Roy

P.S. Their Vacuums Suck

Roy Gregersen

Ride Slow, Ride Fast, Always Ride Safe
85 K100RT sold
02 LTC DOA 9/21/14
12 R1200RT
post #5 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 8:06 am
Lifetime Supporter

Home appliances I love.
After retiring and while Karen was still at work, I replaced several appliances......and love the following::::::::
Dyson vacume (actually pick up dirt, and no bag)
Bosch dish washer (very little sound, one tablespoon detergent, no foggy glasses))
Bosch blender/mixer/food processer
Amana refridgerator

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 8:40 am
Jim
Slow Old Guy

I didn't know Electrolux made motorcycles...

Jim Anderson
Idyllwild, CA
'04 Ural Tourist
'08 Tiger
post #7 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 8:57 am
Lifetime Supporter

You've probably never ridden a Honda Vacuum cleaner then..... Seriously though I always thought the old 750 Honda inlines felt just like a Singer sewing machine. My understanding is that most of the U.S brands in home appliances use the same jobbers for their internal parts, so there's not as much difference as there used to be. Most repair parts that I've seen recently say Gemline on the package. It's probably like buying a K1200LT, if you get a good one it's good for a long time and if you get a Monday model, it's only good until next Monday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 9:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoswell
if you go with sears, let me know. I'll clue you in to their system to giving money back for issues during delivery..!
I had a Sears freezer delivered for my garage. When they rolled it off the truck, I noticed a very small scratch on the BACK. I didn't say anything, because it was small, and on the back.

The delivery guy noticed, and said "I can take this back, and bring you another." Before I could even say, "I don't care, it's very small, and on the back!", he offered up a $50 Sears gift card as an alternative to them replacing it.

I took the gift card.

We have all top of the line GE in our house's kitchen. Why GE you ask? We had all GE in the old house, that lasted 25 years. New GE not quite as bullet proof it seems.. Couple service issues in three years on the refrigerator.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #9 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 12:29 pm

We have recently purchased an Electrolux range and underhood micro - like them both.

kk610lt
2007 K 1200 LT
2004 R 1150 GS Adventure
2002 K 1200 LT (totaled by a SUV 10-7-08)
1988 Concours
Why do bullets bounce off of Superman, but he ducks when you throw a gun at him?
post #10 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Electrolux is a higher end Frigidaire.

Chan, specifically what appliance are you looking at buying? I can take a peek a consumer reports but need a model number. They are certainly not the final word but usually give great guidance to how well they work, dependablity, etc.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #11 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 4:26 pm
Old Dawg

We have Samsung washer & dryer that are superb! Our Kenmore Elite (made by Whirlpool) fridge hasn't been so great. All our other stuff is KitchenAid (dishwasher, oven and stove).

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #12 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Chan, for what it's worth. When we bought the condo in Puerto Rico I set out to buy absolute top notch appliances to go with the flavor of the building. After some shopping and comparison I bought everything from the Frigidaire top of the line smudge free stainless steel collection.

Dual oven, Microwave/ Convection combination, Smooth glass top range, refrigerator, vent hood, and dish washer. A lot of $$$ specially on the Island were everything is higher.

I'll spare you the details, but never in my life before and after did I have new appliances fail. Yes, fail! Not just minor things. After a few month of dealing with service folks and some phone calls to the distributor everything was resolved. But I would never buy Frigidaire again. From what I hear Miele make great stuff if you dont mind paying. and it goes well with the BMW in the garage

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #13 of 17 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 6:33 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallzee
The delivery guy noticed, and said "I can take this back, and bring you another." Before I could even say, "I don't care, it's very small, and on the back!", he offered up a $50 Sears gift card as an alternative to them replacing it.
Thats just a drop in the bucket. They will give you more if you know what terms to use...$50 is just a small portion of what the cost of pulling the item back to the warehouse and going back out to your house. Sears is the big box store that is lost in the maze of customer service... If you know the system its easy to work it. Also, Best Buy has the same policies.... But again, if its service you want I'd go with Conn's....

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #14 of 17 Old Oct 31st, 2009, 9:39 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Chan, for what it's worth. When we bought the condo in Puerto Rico I set out to buy absolute top notch appliances to go with the flavor of the building. After some shopping and comparison I bought everything from the Frigidaire top of the line smudge free stainless steel collection.

Dual oven, Microwave/ Convection combination, Smooth glass top range, refrigerator, vent hood, and dish washer. A lot of $$$ specially on the Island were everything is higher.

I'll spare you the details, but never in my life before and after did I have new appliances fail. Yes, fail! Not just minor things. After a few month of dealing with service folks and some phone calls to the distributor everything was resolved. But I would never buy Frigidaire again. From what I hear Miele make great stuff if you dont mind paying. and it goes well with the BMW in the garage
+1 on Miele. Expensive, but so quiet you don't even know when the dishwasher is running.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2017 KTM 350 EXC-F (single track monster)
2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun on the fire roads)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #15 of 17 Old Oct 31st, 2009, 9:55 am

2+ on Miele. Have a Miele vacuum and Dishwasher. Miele vacuum was 1 of 2 true Hepa vacuums on the market when we bought it. CFM is about the same as my 5HP Sears shop vac.

The dishwasher is excellent, best I've ever had. But it is VERY important that it is installed correctly. You cannot extend the intake nor drain hose further that what Miele recommends. Also, use less than 1 tablespoon of detergent per load. Otherwise the excess soap can build up in the lines and cause a fault. Miele is the only dishwasher I've seen that has a secondary containment piping system as well as an inline heater for the water, so the water is at a constant temperature. They also have a separate tray for flatware, at the top, and the glass tray has its own rear fed water supply. This means there is no flatware basket or annoying post in the center of the bottom tray taking up space that can otherwise be used for dishes. With the Miele and Allclad stainless pots & pans, I rarely wash a pot anymore. Don't worry about it not having an onboard garbage disposal. doesn't need it. Has a filter at the bottom which gets cleaned monthly, but I've never seen anything in it. Between the heat of the water & high pressure of the spray, any soft food particles get broken down & go right through it.

Kevin
'06 K1200LT
post #16 of 17 Old Oct 31st, 2009, 11:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnata
2+ on Miele. Have a Miele vacuum and Dishwasher. Miele vacuum was 1 of 2 true Hepa vacuums on the market when we bought it. CFM is about the same as my 5HP Sears shop vac.

The dishwasher is excellent, best I've ever had. But it is VERY important that it is installed correctly. You cannot extend the intake nor drain hose further that what Miele recommends. Also, use less than 1 tablespoon of detergent per load. Otherwise the excess soap can build up in the lines and cause a fault. Miele is the only dishwasher I've seen that has a secondary containment piping system as well as an inline heater for the water, so the water is at a constant temperature. They also have a separate tray for flatware, at the top, and the glass tray has its own rear fed water supply. This means there is no flatware basket or annoying post in the center of the bottom tray taking up space that can otherwise be used for dishes. With the Miele and Allclad stainless pots & pans, I rarely wash a pot anymore. Don't worry about it not having an onboard garbage disposal. doesn't need it. Has a filter at the bottom which gets cleaned monthly, but I've never seen anything in it. Between the heat of the water & high pressure of the spray, any soft food particles get broken down & go right through it.
Sounds a lot like an LT to me... No room for shortcuts. Do everyting by the book and it works great. Must be a German thing...

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #17 of 17 Old Oct 31st, 2009, 2:44 pm

Check here http://www.appliance411.com/purchase/make.shtml This will tell you who owns who and makes what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in