Anyone know Robert Wern - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 8:27 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down Anyone know Robert Wern

AKA VikingRider...Lives in Centereach NY.

I hate to diss a guy on this site......BUT

I sent him a M/O for a headlight protector and he hasn't sent it..

Been over a month now and I've called him once two weeks ago and he said he'd send it right away but still hasn't sent it....

I'm hoping someone may know him and be able to shame him into sending it before I turn him over to the Postal Police.. .After all I used a US postal money order and sent it through the mail.. that's mail fraud.....

Dammit I hate to think someone on this site isn't a nice person...
I know he sold his LT and got a Wing and really hasn't been around since...

Anyone who might be able to help me out please PM me...

Thanks

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Wink

I hate to bring bad news, but anyone that sells an LT for a Wing has other serious issues.

Hope he comes to his senses and does the right thing.

Joe Buttress
Plain Washington
2003 LTE
IBA SS
post #3 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 9:01 pm

I'll send you my headlight protector at no cost... I'm not using it. Give me your address and I'll send it out.

post #4 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 9:56 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Jerrod.. If I can't get this worked out I"ll PM you and we'll work something out.. Certainly not looking for something for nothing.....Just want what I already paid for... It's not like were talking about a lot of money... Just someones character...

John

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #5 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 10:17 pm

There is a VikingRider on the BMWSportTouring forums. His name is Rob and his profile says he is from Long island, NY. I don't know if this is the same person but he has posted as recently as 12/22/05 over there. Here is a link to his profile:

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...e=&fpart=&vc=1

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #6 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 10:20 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Jim..
I'll nail him on that site...

John

post #7 of 22 Old Jan 30th, 2006, 11:49 pm

I don't mind... just let me know.
post #8 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 2:08 am

His profile here also shows Long Island, NY. His last post was on Dec 13th, 2005, although he visited the site as recently as Jan 6th, 2006. He's been a member here almost 3 years so hopefully there's an innocent explanation for his lack of response, although I understand your frustration.
post #9 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 4:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpspen
...before I turn him over to the Postal Police.. .After all I used a US postal money order and sent it through the mail.. that's mail fraud.
It's a nice threat...but it's a lot harder than you may be expecting. Unless you know something or somebody that I don't. (Read the fine print on a Postal Money Order sometime.)
post #10 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 1:10 pm
Lifetime Supporter

That's darn decent of you Jarrod....

-
05' K1200 LT - BMW MOA Member
05 CCR Survivor
- Team-N-Training
post #11 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 1:17 pm

John,, Jerrod is just "Paying It Forward",,as well we all should..Regards Pete
post #12 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 1:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrod Maguire
I'll send you my headlight protector at no cost... I'm not using it. Give me your address and I'll send it out.

Jerrod,

If John doesn't take it, let me know how much and I'll write out a check to you. I am assuming that it will work on a '99 LT.

Thanks
Prakash

PS: I like this "pay it forward" concept. Over on the Tourer's forum this has been happening for a while now. They also have a library of books/videos etc. that works out fantastic!!

Prakash Krishnamurthy

2004 R1150RT Titanium Grey

post #13 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 2:19 pm Thread Starter

Well I just heard from Rob...Said he got it in the mail today..... So maybe I'm gonna get my headlight protector after all...

Thanks for all your input guys....may have helped "motivate" the outcome....
John

post #14 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 4:57 pm

Angry Message to John Spencer

I Just noticed this now...

Very unwarranted original post Mr John Spencer of Yukon, OK.
And your follow-up, comment above has lit my fuse...

As I had explained to you previously, And for anyone else who is interested....
We had a death in the family over the holiday.
Prior, I originally told John I didnt' think I would be able to send the protector before the holiday. That was OK....
New Years day we had a sudden unexpected death in our family.
The traveling between VA & NY, my job & helping my significant other through her crisis...Settling the estate...
John, I had not had a chance to send you your headlight protector.
I have been distracted.
And Im sorry for that....

BUT
there's always a big but

You should THINK and THINK TWICE before you choose to defame someones reputation in a public forum with libelous remarks....
A little CONSIDERATION and COMPASSION would have been nice, given the solemnity of my situation....

We spoke on the phone....I explained my situation

I am offended you would assume* I would steal your $20 and not send your headlight protector.
Bragging about getting the "Postal Police" after me...."Mail Fraud"..
Intent to "Nail me on another site" ...all mindless juvenile retaliation and uncalled for.

To Wit:

Quote:
Thanks Jim..
I'll nail him on that site...

John
Member # 13986
Name John Spencer
Title Just Joined
Registered on 30/01/06 10:21 PM

Idle threats John? Just thumpin on yer chest...are ya?

In 6 years I have accumulated over 680 positive feedbacks on Ebay with only 1 negative (probably from John Spencer)
I am a member of many online forum's for some years now, and have conducted numerous interactions without incident.
I have been with this site some 3 years now, at least, and enjoy the site and interacting with other members.
I didnt' join to profit from scams....
I didnt' plan on a holiday funeral....
I didnt' know it would take this long to get back into the real world....
Life happens....suddenly

The Defense Rests

I am even more surprised by your "Wing" remark..
Where ever did you get your mis-information?
I had traded my old LT for an 05 LT
As if I would ever ride a Wing B comes before H in my book

Im sorry I ever offered you the protector John. I hope you enjoy it.
UPS1ZRA00010306574424

Im done with this thread

*Spring City*
Suzuki T500
post #15 of 22 Old Jan 31st, 2006, 6:52 pm Thread Starter

Ron,

Sorry to have inflamed you BUT !!!.. .I feel I had been more than patient...
As my post said. I really didn't want to diss anyone on this site...... A simple email to give me your status would have quelled me... But I had to call you and chase you down to "remind" you of this.TWICE!!!.. All you would have had to do was drop the stupid thing in the mail man.... I know people get sidetracked and have bad experiences in life, But this surely wouldn't have taken more than ten minutes of your time....Don't be mad at me because I was trying to track you down and hopefully get a msg to you.. You hadn't been on the site in a month and it had been two additional weeks since you had told me on the phone that you'd "get it in the mail today or tomorrow"..

If I tell someone I'm going to do something I damn well do it. No matter what personal problems I might be having....Surely you understand that....I've lost all the family I have and know what it takes out of you..

So I will do my part and apologize for my postal police and nail him remarks....

Please accept my sincere apology for offending you...

John

post #16 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:45 am
Old Dawg

I have to jump in here and agree with John that somewhere in 10 to 15 days time I would think someone could throw something in a box and send it off even with some unpleasant personal issues. Heck you can even pay for the postage online now and drop it off at midnight at your local post office if your day is that busy.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #17 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:55 am

Quote:
Been over a month now and I've called him once two weeks ago and he said he'd send it right away but still hasn't sent it...
I think that statement alone sums up how this whole thing blew up in VikingRider's face. He made a promise (well after all the unfortunate incidents), and he still did not follow through. When he finally got called on it publically...he plays the victim card. Nice try.

VikingRider, I am truly sorry for all that you've recently been through. But don't tell somebody one thing, then ignore the promise for days and days and days. That's unacceptable.

And John, Your apology was very well stated, and a kind gesture.
post #18 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 4:25 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Joe, and Scott, and all the others who have PM'd me voicing their support...

John.

post #19 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 4:29 pm

Don't let it go to your head...
I didn't mean any of it!
post #20 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 5:59 pm

If you listen to the news and pay attention to the average persons dealings, Its easy to assume that you are getting ripped off. People do the wrong thing everyday and sometimes thats all we tend to remember. Viking had things he had to deal with, Maybe more then we know. I agree a little more effort should have been made, and I also think it was nice and the "manly" for john to apologize. This did get out of hand and I think we should give the benefit of the doubt to all parties and go for a ride....
And Joe, I sent your books out this evening!!!!!LOL usps.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #21 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 7:52 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
And Joe, I sent your books out this evening!!!!!LOL usps.
Now THAT'S funny!!!
post #22 of 22 Old Feb 1st, 2006, 8:22 pm

Talking Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Now THAT'S funny!!!
Joe, I didn't know that you could read!

BTW, nice lookin' Ninja! I'd say that it could tame a few curves; if it had the right rider!

Good evening Joe

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in