Updates: (1) New Gerbing Gear on Board, (2) IMS - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 28th, 2006, 8:37 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Updates: (1) New Gerbing Gear on Board, (2) IMS

Went to the IMS in Cleveland today with 2 other couples. Holy cow; thought I had died and gone to heaven -- so much to see!

Joe, I don't know if you tried to call me, as we discussed; I did get one wrong number caller but don't think it was you. Couldn't tell for sure -- very loud at the show.

Sought out the Gerbing's booth and got a pair of their Comfort Socks (no wires on the bottom of the feet) and a jacket liner. Shortly after arriving home I put both on pieces of gear and took a ride. Within 20 seconds my feet were toasty warm; after a minute or so my torso and arms were similarly warm. So now I know what all you experienced heated clothing owners rave about. Even though it was relatively balmy at 41 degrees earlier this evening I could tell that my next cold-weather ride will be much more comfortable. I rode to work yesterday (18 degrees) and it was brutal; this gear will help that a ton. Now if Gerbing's new G3 gloves would just get off the backorder list...

Thanks for all the previous advice and comments on Gerbing gear, the IMS, etc.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 29th, 2006, 7:52 am

Sorry I missed you Howard...nope, I forgot to put your number in my phone. I was there from about 9:45 until 7PM. Awesome! I just love that show.

I bought me a talking tire gauge (woohoo!), a set of FroggToggs for my girl (per her request), and 3 pairs of Tech Sox. I sat on just about every bike in the joint. Good news! I'll be keeping the two I already own...thank you very much.

"A rich man is one who realizes all he has is more than he needs."

Having said that, I arrived home to find that my HID kit has arrived. Hopefully, I can start installing that early this week.

My riding buddy found her new bike. She'll be replacing her 2-year-old Kaw Ninja 250 for a Kaw ZZR600. Just a beatiful bike. And it fits her like a glove. She did NOT go to that show to look at that bike...she had 3 others in mind. Just goes to show how cool (and valuable?) those shows really are.

We also picked out her new communication device...as well as my FRS/GMRS radio so we can chat while riding together. A full review to follow before spring.
post #3 of 4 Old Jan 29th, 2006, 7:57 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
... I arrived home to find that my HID kit has arrived. Hopefully, I can start installing that early this week.

We also picked out her new communication device...as well as my FRS/GMRS radio so we can chat while riding together. A full review to follow before spring.
Sorry I missed you. Maybe next time -- or another time!

Let us all know how that HID install goes. That needs to be one of my first deviations from "stock" on the LT.

I spent a lot of time talking with a guy at the Baehr Communications booth. He had me sold on their products -- which provide bike-to-bike and intercom, and integrate all the LT's audio capabilities and more. When I heard the price ($700 for 1 product, $1200 for the ultimate unit) I grabbed my wallet and ran away. I'm sure it's worth it, and it's specifically geared for the LT, but what I really want at this time is a good/cheap/easy intercom and B2B capability. That said, let us know how your FRS/GMRS setup works.

Thanks.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 29th, 2006, 8:01 am

Cool

We'll meet soon enough. I'll run down there and we'll grab lunch...and then I'll show you all my LT "enhancements".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in