bike week in Daytona - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:25 pm Thread Starter

bike week in Daytona

Anybody planning on going?

Myself and Ralph Gray are meeting Near Knoxville around the 7-8th to ride for a day and then shoot down to bike week....more the merrier.

Who is in?

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 6:25 pm

I plan to ride down on the 7th or 8th from Birmingham, AL

Haven't decided on the route yet

Dave Allen
2005 k1200lt, graphite
post #3 of 5 Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 8:33 am

I'm leaving on the 4th to visit my parents in Ft Myers Beach for a couple of days, then to Daytona on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am sooooooo ready!!!

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:23 am

Smile

I'm going to the IBA dinner on Friday the 10th, then down to Daytona for the day, on Saturday. This will be my 11th trip to Daytona, so one day will do it. I keep saying I'm never going back, but I always do. It's just too much of a freak show to miss. The traffic really sucks, though. Mainly due to all the restrictive traffic patterns and closed streets. Also, parking for $5.00 every where you go, unless you get really lucky around Main Street. Many years ago, we were allowed to park on the streets along the curbs. Then, it was easy to get thousands of bikes around the Ocean Center.

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 3:44 pm

Thumbs up Bike Week Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestwood330
I plan to ride down on the 7th or 8th from Birmingham, AL

Haven't decided on the route yet

Dave Allen
2005 k1200lt, graphite
Dave,

We've got a group riding down from B'ham leaving on Tuesday morning the 7th(not sure exact time) and returning on Sunday the 12th. We'll probably take the same route as last year...Hwy 280 through Alex City/Auburn to Columbus, GA then Hwy 83 through Albany over to Waycross, down through J'ville on Hwy 1 and pick up I-95 from there. We usually wind up staying in St. Augustine the first night, then get up and ride the rest of the way in the next morning. IIRC, we're staying at the Quality Inn in Ormond Beach Wednesday 'til Sunday.

We did the Interstate run (I-20/I-75/I-10/I-95) the year before and much prefer the new route. It onlky adds about an hour to the trip, but is much more scenic and you don't get white line fever.

You're more than welcome to hitch along with us. So far we've got 6 definite (Road King, Heritage Softail, Road Star, Concours, and me on the VFR), and one possible (he might trailer down his Aprilia RSV-R). I rode the LT last year and it was great on the trip down/back...I just hated riding it in traffic once I got there. I'll see how the VFR does this year (so far my longest trip has been 700 miles over two days...this'll be that same mileage one way).

Last edited by kwb377; Feb 23rd, 2006 at 3:52 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in