shooters, and Obama supporters - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 6:42 am Thread Starter

shooters, and..............

I went to the gun show in FL. Saturday where I always buy my ammo of what I don’t buy reloaded or load myself, I have for years and buy usually from the same fellow, I buy a couple to few thousand rounds at a time when we compete heavily I buy more often,

My 109.00-119.00 USD per case practice ammo went up to 425.00 a case!! That was the cheapest I could find it.

I was down at my loading supply place a couple weeks ago and purchased my pistol and My wives cowboy loads and some .380 for IDPA, since two weeks ago, my pistol reload went from 230.00 a case, and is now $560.00 a case.

Our sporting competitions and practicing is over, I can’t afford it...

I cannot for one moment think of WHY _any_ AMERICAN would or even COULD consider voting in office someone who is going to stop any law abiding American from owning and using ANY item at all,

That to me is just flat anti American, I wish you would just leave the country you seem to hate so bad......

This is about the freedom of doing something we love to do, this is also about the freedom to compete in a sport that many can be competitive even with limiting physical conditions and be happy and feel good where they place.

These freedoms have been stopped.....

I'm not happy, I only hope those that brought this to us with their vote, will get the same happen to them with their favorite hobby, sport or competetion, be it basket weaving, or any thing, even is it means their otorcycling!! I really do hope you get what you wanted!

No, I'm not happy at all….

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Last edited by tmgs; Nov 17th, 2008 at 6:48 am. Reason: calm it down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 6:52 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: shooters, and Obama supporters

How on earth can you blame someone who isn't even in office yet?!!

Use a lazer gun - no bullets to purchase.

Seems like you are in the minority on the vote though, so maybe it is you that is in the wrong country.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 7:07 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00k1e
How on earth can you blame someone who isn't even in office yet?!!

Use a lazer gun - no bullets to purchase.

Seems like you are in the minority on the vote though, so maybe it is you that is in the wrong country.
yup, a typical response from someone who has no respect for other law abiding US citizens

Tom

post #4 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 8:56 am
Lifetime Supporter

As I am NOT a US citezen, and live in a country, where, thank goodness gun crime is VERY small - due to the lack of guns, I may add, I thank you.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:00 am

Instead of blaming someone who was elected into office barely 2 weeks ago, perhaps a more reasoned, thoughtful approach, as explained by an article in the August 9, 2007 edition of the Dallas Morning News,

Yup, I respect US citizens and their laws. It seems to a be just a bit too simplistic to suggest that a change in government is responsible for the increase in costs of a commodity very dear to the heart of the original poster.

Price of ammo to shoot up

06:18 AM CDT on Thursday, August 9, 2007

By JAMES HOHMANN / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

The baby needs milk. The car needs gas. The gun needs bullets.
[Click image for a larger version]

Rising dairy and oil prices grab the attention of shoppers and motorists. But the increasing price of ammunition – a consumer product the government considers when calculating the rate of inflation – has largely gone unnoticed.

The price increases began after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, then were compounded by a double whammy: the war in Iraq, which pushed up overall demand, and growing industrial powers such as China, which bid up the cost of needed raw materials.

The impact is widespread:

•Ammunition dealers complain of declining sales as they are forced to pass along rising costs to consumers.

•Hunters and gun enthusiasts, who initially stockpiled ammunition when prices spiked, are now making more of their own or shooting less.

•And police departments in the Dallas area are experiencing long delays in shipments and having to adjust training schedules accordingly.

"It's no good to have the gun without the ammunition," said Ken Mitchell, an ammunition dealer in Justin.

Manufacturers dramatically ramped up production after the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, producing about 1.5 billion rounds last year – more than 3 ½ times the number manufactured in 2001, said Gale Smith, a spokeswoman for the Army's Joint Munitions Command Center in Rock Island, Ill.

But they struggle to keep up with the demand as troop deployments continue in the Middle East. Military spending on small-caliber ammunition increased from $242 million in 2001 to $688 million in 2006.

The ammunition business is also feeling the pinch because of the rising price of global commodities such as copper, brass, nickel, steel and lead.

For instance, China's torrent of construction has added to its manufacturing capacity. And the country is hungry for resources to feed its growth. The components needed to manufacture ammunition are also used for laying power lines and adding buildings to wider skylines.

"We were paying $1 a pound for copper two years ago. Now we're paying $3 per pound," said Brian Grace, a spokesman for Minnesota-based Alliant Techsystems, the military's biggest producer of small-caliber ammunition. "Not all the costs are being passed on. We've tried to soften the blow with supply chain management and improved efficiency."

Despite those efforts, dealers, hunters and law enforcement officers are feeling squeezed.

Stockpiling

Mr. Mitchell estimates that the volume of his ammo sales, which make up about half of his business, has dropped by more than half in the past two years.

Certain rounds, such as .223-caliber, used in the Army's M-16 and law enforcement's AR-15, have become increasingly difficult to find in the civilian market. Supplies of the .308 cartridge, the standard round for NATO and a favorite of hunters for its deadly effectiveness, have also tightened.

Some calibers cost only 10 percent more than a year ago; other varieties have more than doubled in price.

When prices started to rise, savvy gun owners stockpiled all they could get, sending prices even higher. Now dealers say that as soon as new supplies come in, customers snap them up.

"It doesn't matter if it's 50 cents or $3, whatever's cheapest gets bought up quick," said Robby Rucker, a manager at Southwest Ammunition Supply in Mesquite.

He said his wholesalers raise their prices from 3 percent to 10 percent each quarter. He expects more price increases in September.

That's a problem for Karl Pifer of Granbury, who specializes in manufacturing designer ammunition that costs more but performs better.

"The market is moving toward lower-quality and lower-cost ammunition that gets mass produced," said Mr. Pifer, owner of KC Precision Ballistics. "I try to stick with the prices I've got, but when they go up, it's hard. It hits me before it hits the customers."

When Mr. Pifer received a catalog in the mail last month for materials, he rushed online to place orders on the good deals. But he was too late. An e-mail in his inbox alerted him that prices had gone up since the catalog was distributed. It was, he said, the fourth increase in eight months.

Prices of factory-produced ammunition – and increased surcharges for shipping and handling – have gotten so high that more hunters are making their own in a process called hand loading.

"Guys on a budget are going back to hand loading with the price of ammo doing what it is," said Dallas resident Noel Hutcheson, 71, a retired stockbroker who hunts quail and ducks.

Sales of ammunition components such as empty cartridges and primers have grown at Mr. Rucker's family-run store each time retail prices for ready-to-use ammunition have gone up.

But do-it-yourself ammunition production isn't cheap either. Someone making his own shotgun shells is going to spend roughly a third more than last year on supplies, said Don Snyder, executive director of the National Skeet Shooting Association and the National Sporting Clays Association.

"There are some people who are shooting less," said Mr. Snyder of San Antonio, whose two groups have about 3,000 members in Texas. "It's just an additional cost to compete and enjoy our sport. There are a lot of people that jump in and pay the tariff and do it."

Must-have item

No matter what the cost, the police need to pay. Law enforcement demand for ammunition grew after 9/11 as departments increased their officers' live fire training.

Several police officials said they are paying more for ammunition and experiencing delays for shipments.

But everyone from Fort Worth to Carrollton insists that public safety has not been compromised. Of eight departments surveyed, none has resorted to giving deputies fewer bullets or pulling guns out of service.

The Dallas Police Department, which spends roughly $500,000 annually on ammunition for about 3,000 officers, used to have orders filled in six weeks. Now it takes six to nine months, said Sgt. Paul Stanford, range master for the department.

The ammunition used in patrol rifles, identical to what the military needs, costs 35 percent more than two years ago, Sgt. Stanford said, rising from $84 a case to $114 a case.

And a case of 9 mm rounds, the standard for Dallas Police Department service weapons, costs 10 percent more than two years ago – going from $98.75 in 2005 to $108.15.

The impact on smaller departments, which often don't have a special relationship with wholesalers, can be even greater.

In Hurst, which has 72 officers, Assistant Chief Richard Winstanley needs to plan a year or more ahead for what his staff might need. He has to be especially proactive to keep .223 rounds in stock.

"We have to be patient," Chief Winstanley said. "Some training has to be put off until we receive the items."

While the police and other gun owners hope prices come down, they are adjusting to the reality of costlier ammunition.

"We're still buying bullets because we don't have any choice," Dallas' Sgt. Stanford said. "It's like gas. You have to absorb the cost."

Paul M. Feldman

2008 - R1200RT "Cino"
2005 - KLT - "Tipsy" (now "Toasty") RIP
2004 - Suzuki Burgman 650
1978 - GL 1000
1985 - GL 1200 20th Anniversary Edition
1976 - Honda 750A
1973 - Honda CB 360 - "Bone Shaker"
1966 - Suzuki S80 - "Old Smokey"
post #6 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:07 am

The predictions in the above article of August 2007 article were happening in March of 08:

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...of-ammunition/

Don't see how this is connected to the election. Looks like the result of a trend that has been in place for a while.

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD
post #7 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:39 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglenn1
The predictions in the above article of August 2007 article were happening in March of 08:

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...of-ammunition/

Don't see how this is connected to the election. Looks like the result of a trend that has been in place for a while.

, with price hikes from 84 a case to $114 a case.? you can;t even compare it!

comparing prices in two weeks more than the doubleing of pistol ammo and from early in the year purchases of rifle ammo at almost 4 times the price, it seems this is the effect of the election

fear buying being part of it admittingly, but none the less putting it from 120 ish to 425 is a cause i'm not happy with

Tom

post #8 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:45 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebish
Instead of blaming someone who was elected into office barely 2 weeks ago, perhaps a more reasoned, thoughtful approach, as explained by an article in the August 9, 2007 edition of the Dallas Morning News,

Yup, I respect US citizens and their laws. It seems to a be just a bit too simplistic to suggest that a change in government is responsible for the increase in costs of a commodity very dear to the heart of the original poster.

look at the price increases I posted just this year, let alone more than doubling in two weeks

and yes, had C00k1e the non us citizen had a thought out response instead of a flat idiotic one, I would had at least listened to what he had to say, which really has no meaning anyhow as he is not a Citizen

Tom

post #9 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:58 am

A case of Winchester .45 ACP ammo went from 99 to 150 bux here. I hate it, but its the cost of training.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #10 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:06 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
A case of Winchester .45 ACP ammo went from 99 to 150 bux here. I hate it, but its the cost of training.

F
be prepared, ours more than doubled in two weeks

Tom

post #11 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:49 am

Being in the metals industry, here's some insight on how pricing works:

Large consumers of metals negotiate Long Term Supply Agreements that take into account the market variations for the commodities that they use. It protects the buyer when market prices shoot up quickly, but hit them later, depending upon how the agreement is written.

The airlines do the same thing with oil, that's why Southwest's prices looked so good back when oil was $140 per barrel, their LTA protected them, but now, they pay a higher average price for fuel because the high oil price has now entered the formula in their fuel LTA.

Simply put, high commodties prices take a few months, even years, to flow down to the end user, but the end user WILL end up seeing higher prices. With the markets bottoming out, metals prices are in the dumper, so prices should come way down in another 6 months, not factoring in the production levels dropping off and suppliers going out of business.

Tim Barstow

2004 GSA Silver
2007 X Challenge
post #12 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:57 am
Old Dawg

Re: shooters, and..............

I run a plumbing company and copper has shot up in price over the last two years like never before. I never knew I got to blame a political party??? I was blaming the democrats every time our business taxes went up but now I can blame them for our supply prices too . IF prices go down in the next 6 months to a year I can assure you I won't be giving them credit but I will apply the above explanation.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."

Last edited by scottydawg; Nov 17th, 2008 at 4:58 pm.
post #13 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:15 am

Econ 101- prices shall rise and fall based on supply and demand.
It's just that simple!

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #14 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 2:49 pm

save your brass from the range...it'll help offset the price per case by about 20 bux...

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #15 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfGuy
It's just that simple!
Then that means that the K1200Lt should be about $ 10K, right?

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #16 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm

As another non US citizen, I read what I see and keep my opinion to myself if it has anything to do with US politics, but even so I resent tmgs´s opinion that as C00k1e is also a non US citizen his comments are valueless and not worth reading.
That, in my opinion is very short sighted on his behalf, but that is his problem, not mine.
I think that he should also remember that this IS the www ( world wide web ) which means that it has no frontiers, and that it is thanks to a British scientist that we are able to enjoy the benefits it gives us to interchange information and opinions WHEREVER we are.
post #17 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 5:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncharles
As another non US citizen, I read what I see and keep my opinion to myself if it has anything to do with US politics, but even so I resent tmgs´s opinion that as C00k1e is also a non US citizen his comments are valueless and not worth reading.
had YOU read the rest of what I said you might understand WHAT I said, again (like I said) had he added anything meaningful, I would had listened, and yes that was sarcasm in my post of him..... and I stand by it.

Quote:
That, in my opinion is very short sighted on his behalf, but that is his problem, not mine.
Think what you want of me, I don't really care now (see your sarcasm was just that, ridiculous),

when someone just flaps off their mouth with nothing useful to add that is the type of response they will get from me yourself included

Quote:

I think that he should also remember that this IS the www ( world wide web ) which means that it has no frontiers, and that it is thanks to a British scientist that we are able to enjoy the benefits it gives us to interchange information and opinions WHEREVER we are.
Oh I understand it is the WWW, and I always welcome useful interchange of opinions and information from anyone... from anyplace,

But the key here, being "useful exchange"......which he provided absolutly none.......

would you care to add some now?

Tom

Tom

Last edited by tmgs; Nov 17th, 2008 at 5:13 pm.
post #18 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 5:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow
Being in the metals industry, here's some insight on how pricing works:

Simply put, high commodties prices take a few months, even years, to flow down to the end user, but the end user WILL end up seeing higher prices. With the markets bottoming out, metals prices are in the dumper, so prices should come way down in another 6 months, not factoring in the production levels dropping off and suppliers going out of business.
being in the same arena and the wife being a commodity manger for supply of metals and now a director of supply chain management of a world wide company I do understand how it works......

Tom

post #19 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 5:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Then that means that the K1200Lt should be about $ 10K, right?
6k used..........

Tom

post #20 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Quote:
I'm with you on this one, looks like someone has their head up their arse in this thread, and I'd like to bet they will stick it above the parapet as a reply to this.
To blame Obama for the price rise! laugh, I almost fell off my chair. Me thinks this thread was started by a McCain supporter, I maust say, I do like his Oven Chips.

(Hey Cookie, hows the new place?)

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #21 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Its about supply and demand.

Folks are worried that our newly elected president is going to dramatically increase taxes on firearms and ammunition and are trying to stockpile it up before that happens.

Reminds me, need to replenish my 22 rimfire supply, think about 3 bricks worth should last me a while.

B D R
post #22 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 6:37 pm

These are very interesting ideas! What about the cost of an automobile? My first new car in 1975 was 5K for a chevy malibu, 2 door coupe! Now a car cost 20+. The price of gasoline? Who do we blame for that? It would boggle your mind to know the daily consumption just in the USA, not to mention the world.

My past job we delivered Shell gas for North Florida, we delivered 1.7 million gals every three days and we could not keep up with demand!

It seems the snake is eating it's tail to me! Wages go up, cost go up, wages go up, cost go up, and on and on and on it goes, till the snake has devoured itself. It appears that the snake is almost done. How will we start over? Do like many other countries, declare the dollar is defunct and make new ones?
I suspect that like Europe, we will have monies that are universal, instead of individual. We seem to be shifting in that direction, just look at the world market dependence on the value of the Dollar/Yen/ Euro/ and on and on! The US stock market set off a domino effect on the rest of the world.

It always fascinates me that we give one man so much credit of power, when in fact it takes congress and the House and the Pres to make it work.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #23 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 7:28 pm

You mean that Al Gore didn't invent the internet?

Ride 'em if you got 'em.
post #24 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:43 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards
I'm with you on this one, looks like someone has their head up their arse in this thread, and I'd like to bet they will stick it above the parapet as a reply to this.
To blame Obama for the price rise! laugh, I almost fell off my chair. Me thinks this thread was started by a McCain supporter, I maust say, I do like his Oven Chips.

(Hey Cookie, hows the new place?)

maybe you should pull your head out of your arse and read all the posts, and recognize the sarcasm when replying to ones such as yourself that had absolutely nothing to add.

blame Obama?", yea the run on one particular item is on his shoulders due to the fear he has caused by his own teams words, you are either blind or too lazy to do that research yourself to find the truth on this subject.

again I challenge you to read the posts and come up with a intelligent answer which obviously, you cannot. so I assume you fit that category of one who cares nothing about others freedoms

Tom

post #25 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 9:47 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
These are very interesting ideas! What about the cost of an automobile? My first new car in 1975 was 5K for a chevy malibu, 2 door coupe! Now a car cost 20+. The price of gasoline? Who do we blame for that? It would boggle your mind to know the daily consumption just in the USA, not to mention the world.

My past job we delivered Shell gas for North Florida, we delivered 1.7 million gals every three days and we could not keep up with demand!

It seems the snake is eating it's tail to me! Wages go up, cost go up, wages go up, cost go up, and on and on and on it goes, till the snake has devoured itself. It appears that the snake is almost done. How will we start over? Do like many other countries, declare the dollar is defunct and make new ones?
I suspect that like Europe, we will have monies that are universal, instead of individual. We seem to be shifting in that direction, just look at the world market dependence on the value of the Dollar/Yen/ Euro/ and on and on! The US stock market set off a domino effect on the rest of the world.

It always fascinates me that we give one man so much credit of power, when in fact it takes congress and the House and the Pres to make it work.
have any of you actually read what was posted?

this is not price increases over the years, these are in weeks at rate up to 400% on a particualr items

and still most seem not to have intelligent responses

must be left wing nutcases

Tom

post #26 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:04 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Its about supply and demand.

Folks are worried that our newly elected president is going to dramatically increase taxes on firearms and ammunition and are trying to stockpile it up before that happens.

Reminds me, need to replenish my 22 rimfire supply, think about 3 bricks worth should last me a while.
exactly, caused by a one sided administration soon to come.

it ticked me off, I had to vent, those who don't shoot much or at all coule care less, one point of mine, is others in this country dont care how something effects others freedoms simply put.

Tom

post #27 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
blame Obama?", yea the run on one particular item is on his shoulders due to the fear he has caused by his own teams words, you are either blind or too lazy to do that research yourself to find the truth on this subject.

again I challenge you to read the posts and come up with a intelligent answer which obviously, you cannot. so I assume you fit that category of one who cares nothing about others freedoms
I dunno.........I think it is Obama's fault from what he said during his campaign speeches.
I also think that the last eight years has nothing to do with the state the nation is in now.
It's all because of what happened when that other administration was in office.
You know the one with the guy messin' around with the big boned intern???
Before that everything was fine.
I really believe that if it wasn't for Jimmy Carter, the cigar guy and Barak Obama, bullets and maybe even cigarettes would be much cheaper.
Maybe liquor too.

But................ since Obama was elected, where I live, a gallon of regular gas has dropped to 1.95.

Hey............... do you guys think that means something??

Sorry, I had to submit this......nothing intelligent to say, just dripping sarcasm.................I couldn't help myself.

BC
MOA 144103

1971 Yahama 250 (Yep that's an old two cycle street bike)
1972 Yamaha 350 (also a 2 cycle street)

1973 Yamaha 750
1983 Honda Shadow 500
2005 BMW 1200LT

post #28 of 32 Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:01 pm
Just ridin'

First of all, all members of this community are welcome to share in these discussions. An opinion is no more or less valid from citizens of one country than another. Each of us brings our own unique perspective to any discussion and that perspective is colored by where we sit politically and where we live geographically. It is as difficult for a citizen of the UK to wrap their mind around the concept of individual gun ownership as it is for a US citizen to wrap their mind around an unarmed police.

We're not going to solve any of the world's problems here, but we can certainly become more informed if we take the time to read ideas posted from differing perspectives.

The fear of the unknown is what is driving some people in the US to purchase weapons and ammunition. While Obama has not done anything to directly affect gun ownership or ammunition pricing, speculation is driving this market. This speculation is causing a tightening of the supplies of firearms and ammunition because of the increase in demand. The fact is that no one knows what Obama will or will not attempt to do once he is in office, all we can do is guess.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #29 of 32 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 1:45 am

Randy,

Thanks for that very sensible post.

Only one mistake, colored is spelt coloured !.

Simon
post #30 of 32 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 5:56 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,

Quote:
....My 109.00-119.00 USD per case practice ammo went up to 425.00 a case!!....my pistol reload went from 230.00 a case, and is now $560.00 a case....
Tom, my man: surely someone RICH enough to engage in such frivolous activities as sport shooting can afford to FINALLY pay their fair share?! Look, you're OBVIOUSLY a very wealthy man. Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth!

Oh, AND have a nice day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00k1e
How on earth can you blame someone who isn't even in office yet?!!....Use a lazer gun - no bullets to purchase....Seems like you are in the minority on the vote though, so maybe it is you that is in the wrong country.
Quote:
yup, a typical response from someone who has no respect for other law abiding US citizens
No Tom, more like someone who has no understanding of economics and freedom!

Kind of like wondering why oil hit $150 per barrel when everyone was driving 8 MPG SUV's and the speculators were going berF'Gzerk?!

Oh, just thought I'd let you know that the sun is gonna come out in the morning, also! WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dglenn1
....Don't see how this is connected to the election. Looks like the result of a trend that has been in place for a while.
Technically, correct. BUT, much like "speculation," the election of a HUGE gun-grabber fuels an upward trend in gun sales/ammo sales/prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow
....Simply put, high commodties prices take a few months, even years, to flow down to the end user, but the end user WILL end up seeing higher prices. With the markets bottoming out, metals prices are in the dumper, so prices should come way down in another 6 months, not factoring in the production levels dropping off and suppliers going out of business.
Also, as prices dramatically increase, demand declines. Imagine that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfGuy
It's just that simple!
Huh? Are we talking about Cuber, again?!
Quote:
....I resent tmgs´s opinion that as C00k1e is also a non US citizen his comments are valueless and not worth reading....
I really admire Cookie's "Cuber" understanding of economics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Its about supply and demand....Folks are worried that our newly elected president is going to dramatically increase taxes on firearms and ammunition and are trying to stockpile it up before that happens....
Now Gunny, stop that completely logical and reckless "SPECULATION" this second! Prices are already high enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLTex
You mean that Al Gore didn't invent the internet?
Sure he did! He also invented the firearm, gun powder, the PC, and gasoline. If he had only known the perversion man would apply to his innocent inventions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1635SMR
....since Obama was elected, where I live, a gallon of regular gas has dropped to 1.95....do you guys think that means something?? ....
Don't dismiss your sarcasm so quickly, MR. Those EVIL big oil BASTARDS promptly vacated the white house (corporate HQ) with the election of "THE Messiah." They knew what time it was....

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #31 of 32 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 6:31 am

Garage

Errrrr........could it be that there has been a run on lead and metal due to the war that Prez Georgie and his gun lovin buddy Dick got us into? Could it be that the need for ammo for the weapons in Iraq and Afganistan has caused a strain on the industry?

If you had to lay blame, it belongs there and not on Obama.

Just pointing out the obvious.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #32 of 32 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 6:52 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
Errrrr........could it be that there has been a run on lead and metal due to the war that Prez Georgie and his gun lovin buddy Dick got us into? Could it be that the need for ammo for the weapons in Iraq and Afganistan has caused a strain on the industry?....
Uummmm--yeah. Just like that whole oil thing put a "strain" on Exxon/Mobil!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in