Insurance Rates - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Nov 6th, 2008, 2:03 pm Thread Starter

Insurance Rates

My Progressive insurance went up 14.78% this year. Anyone else have this happen to them? No claims with them ever over the 6 years I have had my LT.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Nov 6th, 2008, 2:04 pm
Cat Herder

Re: Insurance Rates

Maybe its time to shop again.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
post #3 of 9 Old Nov 6th, 2008, 2:06 pm

I have always used Geico. Very reasonable. Has not gone up.......yet.

post #4 of 9 Old Nov 6th, 2008, 4:11 pm

I just switched over to Progressive. I had Dairyland for 5 years and they went up about $50 (~15%). I shopped around and found that Progressive was the best deal for me, cheaper than Geico and the others that I checked. I got the same coverage from Progressive for almost a $100 less than either Geico or Dairyland.

Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old Nov 6th, 2008, 4:22 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I am in Canada, so probably much different, but I paid $1250.00 last year for full coverage, shopped around this year and got it for less than half that, although my deductible is a bit higher.
post #6 of 9 Old Nov 7th, 2008, 9:30 am Thread Starter

Geico is higher here for me. When I first purchased my bike, I was told by an insurance agent that did not even sell it that Dairyland was the best she had seen as they paid for everything in a claim with very little hassle, however they no longer issued policies in GA and I have not heard of it being available to date. I paid $334 this year for full coverage along with the maximum uninsured motorist coverage allowed - which luckily I had when my wife's car was run off the road in NC ten years ago by someone with virtually no insurance. Last year was $291 and the girl I talked with at Progressive could not give me one reason it went up other than babbling something about the economy - kind of felt sorry for her and just gave up.

Thanks for the replies.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #7 of 9 Old Nov 7th, 2008, 9:52 am

Just for reference, I pay $514 for a 94 K1100LT, for full coverage, with no tickets.That is bundled in with 3 cars & my business ins. Only had 1 claim, after a lay-down in San Diego in 1998. Damage to bike was mostly cosmetic & totaled $7400. The company is Mutual of Enumclaw, & they paid everything after my $250 deducible, with no complaints.They even did some research & found a transport company to crate up & transport the bike from SD to eastern Wa. after the repairs, as I was in no shape to go get it & make a 1350 mile return trip in November.
post #8 of 9 Old Nov 7th, 2008, 11:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver
I am in Canada, so probably much different, but I paid $1250.00 last year for full coverage, shopped around this year and got it for less than half that, although my deductible is a bit higher.
That's a lot better than BC, last year the basic which we have no choice on was $887 and the extra liability, comprehensive and collision I got from Canadian direct for $335 which was considerably less that anyone else. And I have good driving record so get full discounts.
post #9 of 9 Old Nov 7th, 2008, 5:23 pm

My insurance rates have gone down a little ,no tickets,wrecks or thirsty driving awards for anyone in the house, multi.line discount $270/yr full coverage $500 ded. on a 99LT from State Farm .Geico was $25 or $30 less over the internet ,I will stick with local agent .
Daughter and deer collided had a check before the sunset!

Bob G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in