Obama a Muslim!?! He said it... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:57 am Thread Starter

Obama a Muslim!?! He said it...

A colleague just turned me onto this:

Oops!!!

Why has this not been reported on mainstream media? I guess the "Messiah" really does have everyone fooled!

God Bless us all

Ray "Razman"

2004 BMW K1200LTE - Rosie (As in Whole Lotta Rosie)
1996 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger (sold)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F (sold)

Your chosen perspective changes everything. - Unknown Author

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:58 am
BMW Guru

Re: Obama a Muslim!?! He said it...

that one's been beat to death for months now.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Glad to see the chosen one is so dedicated to his "faith"... er.. I guess he knows which.. Not clear to some of us ..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:44 pm

research is your friend.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

Wayne Malaise
Rock Island, IL
post #5 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Just curious...

To those who would attack him and to those who defend him, does it really matter if he is a Muslim or a Christian? What does being Jewish or atheist, Muslim of Christian, Buddhist or agnostic have to do with the ability, or lack thereof to be a great leader?

I have plenty of reasons to reject his economic policies, but I have no reason to care what his religion is.

The whole William Ayers thing is lost on me as well. While Ayers might be a bad guy, Obama's past relationship with him is not troubling to me.

What does trouble me is Obama's current relationship with Acorn and their obvious link to election fraud and his relationship with Fannie and Freddie.

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda
post #6 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 2:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelurker
Just curious...

What does trouble me is Obama's current relationship with Acorn and their obvious link to election fraud and his relationship with Fannie and Freddie.
I haven't attacked the mighty "O"... What I'm wondering is "what does he plan to do TO us? " That, is unclear. That is problematic. What else is "unknown?

Should we be afraid? Should we question?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #7 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Funny, we would never vote for a Muslim or even consider it. After all, our enemies (Al Quaeda) are Musims. But in WWII and WWI, our enemies, at least most of them, were Christian...Maybe we shouldn't vote for Christians either.
Or, perhap one's religion should not even be a consideration when running for public office. After all, don't we have a separation of church and state in this country. I thought that was one of the basic principles of American government. No?
Just a thought.

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #8 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:08 pm Thread Starter

Please note that this was not posted as an attack on Obama. I just wanted to know what some of your opinions about this statement were ( ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmal
research is your friend.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

Wayne Malaise
Rock Island, IL
Thanks Wayne, I like Snopes and usually find them very reliable, but her explanation here sounds very defensive - almost opinionated. I didn't see any facts there that disproved the comment.

After that explanation, I personally have no doubt as to who Barbara (at Snopes) will be voting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Shred
that one's been beat to death for months now.

Ted, I apologize, I was just informed about this and I had not seen it here before. Sorry!

Ray "Razman"

2004 BMW K1200LTE - Rosie (As in Whole Lotta Rosie)
1996 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger (sold)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F (sold)

Your chosen perspective changes everything. - Unknown Author

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist

Last edited by razman10; Oct 28th, 2008 at 3:10 pm. Reason: Spelling
post #9 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:12 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman10

Ted, I apologize, I was just informed about this and I had not seen it here before. Sorry!
No apology necessary. I was just sayin'

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #10 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Quote:
After that explanation, I personally have no doubt as to who Barbara (at Snopes) will be voting for.
Pretty much all the of the Snopes work on Obama sounds defensive

Jerry
USAF Retired
BMWOA #80289
2009 R1200GSA
1985 K100 RT-Red
2002 K1200 LTC-Silver(SOLD)
post #11 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
I haven't attacked the mighty "O"... What I'm wondering is "what does he plan to do TO us? " That, is unclear. That is problematic. What else is "unknown?

I would ask the same of John McCain. What does HE plan to do TO us? That is not only unclear, but also ambiguous at best. What plan? Where's he taking us? What's problematic to me, is the lack of mindfulness, that went into his first Presidential decision -- selecting his successor should he become incapacitated in office (at 72 ... very probable that might happen).

If Palin is more qualified to be president than obama, imagine for a moment if she were on the other side of the debate against McCain, her VP debate performance alone suggests he would have eaten her alive; she had nothing substantive to debate with except talking points. Obama, on the other hand, wasn't aggressively attacking, but rather, answered all questions with succinct (and mostly) accurate answers...and frankly flustered McCain at every pass. Palin didn't demonstrate any command of foreign policy or any economic plan...not to mention anything about what the VP's job encompasses.

IMHO, McCain's running mate was chosen to derail the bump from the DNC... which it did effectively, I might add... but it was short sighted, narrow focused, and cancerous to the GOP... look at what's happened within the conservative ranks ever since...... even Romney would have been a better choice.. or a Leiberman... even...

Obama suffers more from out-of-context sound bytes, bloggers' unsubstantiated rants (passed off as fact) and outright fear-mongering contrivance.

It's a sad day in America when you cannot trust any one source of information to be "fair and balanced". It just does not exist today. Too many of us listen to our favorite talking head, believe anything they say as true -- the kicker is: they not only know it, but rely on it to propogate the kind of hate/fear/distrust we're witnessing today. We have become the Lemmings of the 21st Century. We're pathetic.

Do your research folks, trust in your own eyes and ears, and make sure people who feed you opinions as truths can back them up with CREDIBLE FACTS.

I am ashamed of how we've demoralized ourselves this election year. My favorite moment this entire campaign...was at the Alfred E Smith Dinner where John and Barrack HONORED each other.... and in that moment... I SAW TRUTH... for the first time.... shared..between two GENTLEMEN.... that is the humanity... the humility... the graciousness... the genuineness... that has lacked for too long... ...in that moment, I felt good about both of these men. I am saddened that moment passed.

Asleepless
knight
'03 LTE Titan Silver - Active Duty
'83 VF750F Interceptor White/Red - Retired
'74 MT250 Elsinore Silver - RIP
'72 SL125 Silver - RIP

BMWMOA #143933

post #12 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:40 pm

We are saving a muslim country (Iraq); why not, have a muslim president :-)

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #13 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 4:51 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
A colleague just turned me onto this:
Wow, they're really getting desperate now, aren't they?

Quote:
To those who would attack him and to those who defend him, does it really matter if he is a Muslim or a Christian?
But of course, since all Muslims are the bad guys who want to kill us, and all Christians are the good guys who will do whatever it takes to protect our freedom (at least, the freedom of those who agree). Simple, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
After all, our enemies (Al Quaeda) are Musims.
See what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell

Yes, but we should be asking those questions of everyone who's running, no matter who may win. Ad everyone who's already holding office, for that matter.

Quote:
Have you not seen the clip where McCain speaks at an Acorn Rally? Does that automatically make him complicit in anything that group may do?

The funny thing is that Fox is already heavily playing up the election fraud angle. I guess they're finally taking their experience over the last two major elections and putting it to good use. He who casts the first stone, and all that nonsense.

Quote:
Please note that this was not posted as an attack on Obama. I just wanted to know what some of your opinions about this statement were ( ).
Quote:
God Bless us all
No, no pot stirring here.

Great, now I'm multi-quoting, just like Jay. Great.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 4:56 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleeplessknight
I would ask the same of John McCain. What does HE plan to do TO us?
Actually, I'm still worried about what W is managing to do to us in the few months he has left. Pre-meditated raids into supposedly "friendly" countries, knowingly and explicitly done against their will. Possible billion dollar bailouts of the auto industry, followed most likely by the airlines, etc. Y'all are worried about the future of socialized medicine, what about the socialization of industry that's going on right now? Did any of ya'll vote for this? I didn't think so.

No need to worry about the redistribution of wealth, as the vast majority of us simply won't have any wealth left to redistribute no matter who gets elected.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #15 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Quote:
My favorite moment this entire campaign...was at the Alfred E Smith Dinner where John and Barrack HONORED each other.... and in that moment... I SAW TRUTH... for the first time.... shared..between two GENTLEMEN.... that is the humanity... the humility... the graciousness... the genuineness... that has lacked for too long... ...in that moment, I felt good about both of these men. I am saddened that moment passed.
I could not agree more. My thought at that moment was McCain for President, Obama fo VP. That would actually be a good representation of the country right now. Ok..now back to reality...

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #16 of 16 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:28 pm

Quote:
I would ask the same of John McCain.My favorite moment this entire campaign..

...was at the Alfred E Smith Dinner where John and Barrack HONORED each other.... and in that moment... I SAW TRUTH... for the first time.... shared..between two GENTLEMEN.... that is the humanity... the humility... the graciousness... the genuineness... that has lacked for too long... ...in that moment, I felt good about both of these men. I am saddened that moment passed.
I agree, no one man or woman is worthy... The best we can do is gain facts. Meanwhile we are kept so distracted and detracted by the noise from all sides... It comes to what these people are living.

I've read quite a bit... I've spoken to people very well placed in and outside our Government...I've read things from all parties.... but not everything. I listen to people who hate and are never satisfied... I listen to people who love... some I read here.

My goal is what honors life and what honors you my brothers and sisters... This is our country. My family continues to serve... Our youngest son is being called up now and we support him.

When my oldest served during the Clinton administration he was at Camp David... serving under serious stress and mixed feelings about thr value of that service ... My young Marine told me.."That is what you taught me, Pop... That we serve all Americans, not the man... "

Never was I so Humbled..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in