Obama is the new face of "Hope" in America - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 9Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 12:48 pm Thread Starter

Smile Obama is the new face of "Hope" in America

I have not previously commented on politics here but I find it hard to believe the moronic, uneducated responses I keep coming across.

Obama is the new face of America. We are voting for "Hope", not the republican ticket of "Fear" and keeping the old fat white guys in power who have manipulated people with divisive hot buttons to vote against themselves by waving the red meat of false patriotism, gay marriage, pro-life, flag pins, narrow minded religious dogma and trickle down economic BS.

People are looking for new answers, not continuing the sham of the past 8 years of lies and the greed of big business that has brought financial crisis to every doorstep of the US.

Taxes are necessary to provide basic and complex infrastructure support to our country. We are all Americans, united. Not red & blue states. It's time to wake up and recognize the karma coming due.
2191 and bmwriderm like this.

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool. Voltaire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Re: Obama is the new face of "Hope" in America

OMG MARINE! What are you SAYING??? OOO!!! RAAA!!!!

+3

Asleepless
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
knight
'03 LTE Titan Silver - Active Duty
'83 VF750F Interceptor White/Red - Retired
'74 MT250 Elsinore Silver - RIP
'72 SL125 Silver - RIP

BMWMOA #143933

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:36 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmctpdog
I have not previously commented on politics here but I find it hard to believe the moronic, uneducated responses I keep coming across.

Obama is the new face of America. We are voting for "Hope", not the republican ticket of "Fear" and keeping the old fat white guys in power who have manipulated people with divisive hot buttons to vote against themselves by waving the red meat of false patriotism, gay marriage, pro-life, flag pins, narrow minded religious dogma and trickle down economic BS.

People are looking for new answers, not continuing the sham of the past 8 years of lies and the greed of big business that has brought financial crisis to every doorstep of the US.

Taxes are necessary to provide basic and complex infrastructure support to our country. We are all Americans, united. Not red & blue states. It's time to wake up and recognize the karma coming due.
Sorry, but what I am fearful of is "more of of the same." Same welfare, same government programs to those that don't deserve it, same idiots living well beyond their means, same population asking for more and more handouts, same redistribution of my hard earned cash to lazy assed liberals.

The infrastructure you mention above is exactly right. See, even you as an Obama flag waver don't even understand the party you are supporting. Liberals use taxes to go way beyond infrastructure and defense. Hell, they really don't understand what defense is, mostly because there isn't any pork in it.

This election isn't about the politics for me anymore, it is about the pure stupidity of what may well prove to be the majority of the American people.

Furthermore, with a precedent set by such a fool as Bill Clinton, defense and economic, I wouldn't expect with the challenges that faced the current administration, that we would have been any better off with anyone else in the highest office.

I hope like hell when this little liberal experiment goes awry, we step in very quickly to impeach and correct. I don't usually speak my mind in public forums, on line and otherwise, too forcefully, but this election is proving to be different.
pkpr1998 likes this.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite

post #4 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter

We'll see how long this one goes before being locked.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #5 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Quote:

What you smoking?

Better put that crack pipe down and face reality.
pkpr1998 likes this.

B D R
post #6 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Sorry, but what I am fearful of is "more of of the same." Same welfare, same government programs to those that don't deserve it...
Well said! Though I have my doubts that the American sheep will wake up and admit they made a mistake, no matter how badly he dorks things up.
post #7 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:47 pm

Obama spends way too much time 'designing' his replies, and shows an absolute lack of any leadership skills what so ever.............nice stump speaker but for the most part has a finger in the air and his head up his............well, he's not looking too far unless some one puts a piece of plexy glass in the belly of his tee shirt..............

Why is it that folks like Putin, and Chavez are so excited to get him into office?

Why is it that VietNam has such a respect for McCain?

Just a little food for thought ...................the media preys on folks with no more than a 6th grade level of education.................

Jim
post #8 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 1:51 pm

Democrats are the one who made the whole stinking mess with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and most of the individuals involved are working with Obama. He goes in and here go a lot more give away programs to unqualified people. Yep, you know, spread the wealth.
post #9 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 2:30 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Good luck with that.

Taxes are absolutely necessary, but the government absolutely cannot place any more tax burden on our citizenry. There are many things that need to be done by our government, but primary among those is to bring our financial house in order. Government spending needs to be brought under control. There is enough waste in government to take care of many necessary programs without increasing spending and taxation.

The US is among the top of all nations when it comes to tax load on business. If that burden is increased, you will either see higher prices to consumers or more departure of business to other countries. Either of those will have the net effect of a higher ‘tax’ to American consumers. This will have the most impact to people at middle class and below.

If the government continues to grow the deficit, by spending more than its revenue, it will fuel inflation. This is another hidden ‘tax’ that affects all consumers.

If the tax burden is shifted to people with higher income, it is still going to affect consumer pricing or jobs, again a ‘tax’ on the American consumer and worker.

If you want a new hope for America, look for people to put in the House and Senate who will bring about a reduction in wasteful spending, a balanced budget and meaningful reform to the legislative process. Give the President a line item veto, then whatever candidate is elected will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff in all legislation. Once our government’s house is order there will be much more money available for really meaningful programs. The ‘new hope’ you are looking for in Obama will, by his own admission, create about a trillion dollars more spending.

Look at the results of messing with mortgages for low income people. The net result of governments meddling is that homes inflated to the point where they were unattainable by the very people they wanted to help, those people were given mortgages they couldn’t afford, and lending institutions made loans that were ill-advised, triggering a financial meltdown of epic proportions. The “new hope” that you want was fully complicit in that entire process. Mc Cain is not a great choice either, but he did try to get on board with reform of Fannie and Freddie, but was road-blocked by a House controlled by the opposing party. He has said he wants to bring government spending under control. He is demonized for not shifting the tax burden to the ‘rich’, but in all reality a tax is a tax is a tax; wherever a tax is placed, it eventually and directly affects consumers, more dramatically as it goes down the income ladder. If McCain only had the guts to say no to the bailout, he would probably be ahead in the polls.

The simple fact is that neither McCain nor Obama can really do anything unless supported by a legislature that is really committed to reform. I am very concerned that this disaster of a legislature, likely to be controlled by one party, will be much more likely to find a rubber stamp of approval if the Presidency is occupied by the same party. We only have to look at what a great job Frank and Dodd did on the sub-prime mess and the partisan rancor raised by Pelosi during the bailout vote to see what a great job they do with legislation.

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda
post #10 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 2:54 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
We'll see how long this one goes before being locked.
We are not going to lock these threads. A discussion that is civil and without personal attack will not be touched.

If a post violates our site guidelines the author will be warned, and their post will be deleted. If they persist they will be given a time out.

The line of definition for personal attack will be more sharply defined and strictly enforced as it applies to fellow members than for public figures.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #11 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 2:58 pm

You are falling for all the crap? I think the absolute WORST thing we will face in the near future is a Democratically controlled house and senate, with a Democratic president. There goes the little check and balance we had left. They will run amuck and cause even more grief, with no control from the people.

If you think that the Rebublicans cause this absolute mess alone, you are terribly decieved and in denial. Most of the crap was cause by democrats in congress. As little as I think of Bush, have to say he personally had very little to do with any of it.

The presidency in this country is rapidly becoming just a figurehead, with little power.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #12 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 3:00 pm

You pretty much hit that nail on the head...............People who do not own commodities should not be allowed to trade in them.........too much of the finance system has been controlled by way too many 'speculators'........

it really is about time we take responsibility for our own actions and let the market work it's own self out............no more hand outs and no more free rides.

If you can not afford to pay off the capital you borrowed; then do not rely on taxpayers to pick up the ballance................

Jim
post #13 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 3:08 pm

An excellent read on the democratic party "Rising Tide" it reveals much history of the democrats and there way of thinking.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #14 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 3:14 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Obama is the new face of America. We are voting for "Hope", not the republican ticket of "Fear"
Too right! Yep, the land of the brave should not fall for fear mongers.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #15 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Sorry John I must respectfully disagree...

Quote:
Sorry, but what I am fearful of is "more of of the same." Same welfare, same government programs to those that don't deserve it, same idiots living well beyond their means, same population asking for more and more handouts, same redistribution of my hard earned cash to lazy assed liberals. .
Thanks John, I'm a liberal who works very hard for every penny, liberal by webster's definition--not the right's distorted meaing of the word..
Though I do agree somewhat, many people live beyond their means, I see it every day, but some of them even have McCain stickers/ signs. I wouldn't say that's a party based issue.

Quote:
The infrastructure you mention above is exactly right. See, even you as an Obama flag waver don't even understand the party you are supporting. Liberals use taxes to go way beyond infrastructure and defense. Hell, they really don't understand what defense is, mostly because there isn't any pork in it..
Just a recent example of pork Ted (bridge to nowhere) Stevens(R)...don't suggest republicans don't like money "going home"

Quote:
This election isn't about the politics for me anymore, it is about the pure stupidity of what may well prove to be the majority of the American people...
Thanks again, I'm lazy and stupid...The republicans had total control of the house, senate, and white house for 6 years, and did nothing to progress their agenda of creating a theocracy, outlawing abortion, banning gays equal rights....Why?, these are wedge issues to get votes, not issues to actually change, because most americans agree with the more "liberal"( oh, there's that word) stance on these issues. But many people will vote based on the above issues and nothing else.

Quote:
Furthermore, with a precedent set by such a fool as Bill Clinton, defense and economic, I wouldn't expect with the challenges that faced the current administration, that we would have been any better off with anyone else in the highest office....
Yes...Peace and prosperity was a real bitch...And if Clinton is a fool, I'm left with no possible description of Gearge W Bush. For me personally, the last 8 years have seen my wife and myself laid-off 4 times, and our income greatly reduced directly because of manufacturing being moved overseas, just after a law cutting taxes for companies moving jobs overseas, passed with all control in republicans hands.

Quote:
I hope like hell when this little liberal experiment goes awry, we step in very quickly to impeach and correct. I don't usually speak my mind in public forums, on line and otherwise, too forcefully, but this election is proving to be different.
We (americans) spent @$75 million investigating Clinton for what ultimately was a bj. Then we can't discuss it when someone leads us into a war with a country under false pretenses....Now we are already impeaching Obama, though I'm not sure for what...

I don't agree with Obama on everything, but I do find him an exciting candidate who speaks to issues which get my attention. I would rather vote for a very intelligent person who understands the constitution (constitutional lawyer), since the president must take an oath to uphold and defend it, rather than someone who did so poorly (894 out of 899) in his educational pursuits. I don't want a president "I can drink a beer with", nor someone who is like the lady next door, but the most intelligent person possible with a far greater understanding than I, of the realm of issues at hand and the way they affect the others.

I expect most on this board will disagree, but then I already knew that..

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
post #16 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00k1e
Too right! Yep, the land of the brave should not fall for fear mongers.
Unfortunately, we are just falling. Our congress is a total disaster, and they have over the years rigged it so the actual people have little to no say in anything. The current election is a prime example. Given a choice of either bad, or worse, we have no way to ever reduce the absolute corruption that exists now. The recent "bailout" fiasco is a prime example. A total mess that started decades ago (under Clinton) has balooned into a total disaster. The answer was a mostly democratic controlled release of a trillion dollars that will be a major fiasco of global proportion. The absolutely stupid riders that were rapidly attached to an emergency bill that should have been voted on clean and in abscense of any "sweeteners" would never have passed on their own, especially if the people had any say so are a very bad omen for the future of American "government". It was supposed to be "Government by the People, for the People", but is now "Government Of the People, for Congress". Now the country is controlled by a group of jerks with a 9% or worse approval rating. No matter who the next president is, we will still be run by those bastards. At least if the president was McCain, we would have some hope of stalling some of the more agreggious flaunting of misplaced power.

It certainly looks like Obama will be the next president, but I fear the results will be worse than we have now. He will have no more control than any president, but will not likely try to stop things the people would want stopped. I certainly can develop no trust in him, no matter how fluently he speaks. It is all just rhetoric more flowery than the opposition's rhetoric. Seems we are very gullible as a whole for the person who seems smarter than we are because of an ability to speak well.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #17 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Now the country is controlled by a group of jerks with a 9% or worse approval rating. No matter who the next president is, we will still be run by those bastards. At least if the president was McCain, we would have some hope of stalling some of the more agreggious flaunting of misplaced power.
This has to be the 5th post I have responded to today in various forums that is to the argument by McTwonk supporters that 'they are all bad, so may as well support McTwonk' - how desperate is that!!???

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #18 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Hey topdog, Did you not see the earlier poll where the forum members here were like 85 percent for Mc Cain? You really are a marine that likes an uphill fight!!! I am "FED" up with the direction this country has taken and there needs to be major change. With that said..... I am avoiding Political posts the best I can. I must also say, So far this thread has been very civil. Maybe the weather is good around the country and everyone got in a good ride today. Mike, They may not ever give us any one worthy to vote for here in our country but we still have our own choice of the lesser of evils.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #19 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Great looks like (my broke azz) is in the 95 %

Nelson
99 K1200LT

Last edited by nelson61; Oct 26th, 2008 at 7:42 pm.
post #20 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:32 pm

Quote:
Sorry, but what I am fearful of is "more of of the same." Same welfare, same government programs to those that don't deserve it, same idiots living well beyond their means, same population asking for more and more handouts, same redistribution of my hard earned cash to lazy assed liberals.

The infrastructure you mention above is exactly right. See, even you as an Obama flag waver don't even understand the party you are supporting. Liberals use taxes to go way beyond infrastructure and defense. Hell, they really don't understand what defense is, mostly because there isn't any pork in it.

This election isn't about the politics for me anymore, it is about the pure stupidity of what may well prove to be the majority of the American people.

Furthermore, with a precedent set by such a fool as Bill Clinton, defense and economic, I wouldn't expect with the challenges that faced the current administration, that we would have been any better off with anyone else in the highest office.

We already lived through the pure stupidity of the American people for the last 8 years (with a little help from the Supreme Court), and the result is the worst decline in almost every respect in American life and American influence in the world we've seen yet. We need a change from that. I would think it would be patently obvious.

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #21 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
Well said! Though I have my doubts that the American sheep will wake up and admit they made a mistake, no matter how badly he dorks things up.
The reason he's leading in the polls is because the "American sheep" have finally awakened and admitted they made a mistake. what will his administration bring? Don't know. And neither do you. But it's difficult to think it could be worse than what the conservatives have managed over the past 8 years.

Greg

I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #22 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdriver51
Democrats are the one who made the whole stinking mess with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and most of the individuals involved are working with Obama. He goes in and here go a lot more give away programs to unqualified people. Yep, you know, spread the wealth.
That's just not true.

Greg

post #23 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:45 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
That's just not true.
All you have to do is look at how much money Freddie and Fannie gave Nobama.

dan
Very much in favor of Texas seceding from this union.
post #24 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMartin
.Very much in favor of Texas seceding from this union.
Fine we will just extend the fence from Mexico around Texas then.

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #25 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 7:55 pm

We are rapidly approaching the point where more than half of the workers in the US won't pay any federal income tax. Things will get very interesting at that point.

Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

post #26 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 8:31 pm

Hello,

I thought this was about Beemers. Let's just ride and give up on politics. "You can't change opinions with facts". Go ahead, I'm ready, tell me how that is wrong.

Bruce
post #27 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Quote:

Am I the only one detecting a note of sarcasm here???????

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #28 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 8:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Well, I'm going to rebut, but not back and forth for the rest of the week, not even close to my style. We can do that at lunch

Essentially, this election has opened my eyes more than any election in the past to all the complications of our government and the horrendous waste in corporate and government business. And let me set this straight. I am not a McCain lover or an Obama hater, maybe a Clinton hater though, Lets just say I firmly believe in the survival of the fittest. Read whatever meaning you want into that, but I mean it with all the authority I can muster, "survival of the fittest." That goes way beyond politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridcage
Thanks John, I'm a liberal who works very hard for every penny, liberal by webster's definition--not the right's distorted meaing of the word..
Though I do agree somewhat, many people live beyond their means, I see it every day,
Then you know exactly what and who I'm talking about. End of disagreement. And Chris, don't lose sight of the fact that that liberal definition typically includes "giving." You give, I'll keep for myself. Is there anyway we can do that?

Quote:
Yes...Peace and prosperity was a real bitch...And if Clinton is a fool
Just these 3 concepts that I throw down to this argument every time it comes up:1. Internet growth, 2. Y2K preparation, 3. Military and intelligence inaction. The reader may decide for themselves what my intention is by stating these 3 issues.

It's all about the timing and choosing not to fight your battles. Thank God, Slick Willy nor Obama were in office 12/7/1941 or 9/11/01. And before you say anything about FDR being a Dem. At least he put people to work.

Quote:
For me personally, the last 8 years have seen my wife and myself laid-off 4 times, and our income greatly reduced directly because of manufacturing being moved overseas, just after a law cutting taxes for companies moving jobs overseas, passed with all control in republicans hands.
and

Quote:
but the most intelligent person possible with a far greater understanding than I, of the realm of issues at hand and the way they affect the others.
You know what, I am beginning to believe we don't need a leader with book smarts, but more real common sense and the willingness to use it.

BTW, the reason I grouped these 2 quotes together is to help you realize the real reason you lost your jobs was more due to the education and superior intelligence of the leaders of companies than a loop hole in a tax law. The classes of Harvard Business School circa 1970 to 1990 had been taught to please the shareholder at all cost. Of course this school of thought found its way to many other business schools. What I'm saying is, the same intelligence you so strongly yearn for in a leader of this country has caused your job loss from the corporate side.

I too have lost a job and get angry, but I come back to the reality that no company is in business to employ people. They are in business to make money - period. If any one can name one business that wasn't started to make money, I'm all ears.

And to those that want to talk about the decline the last 8 years, here is what I'll tell ya.

My net income after expenses has decreased dramatically. However, my savings and standard of living have increased greatly. I attribute by confidence to weather any storm to plain ole common sense. The deadbeat liberals should give it a try some time, and you more "liberal" liberals should try and convince your brethren to see the error of their ways.

Peace out

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #29 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 8:53 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpastorjack
Am I the only one detecting a note of sarcasm here???????
I thought maybe, especially from a Marine, but I don't think he was being sarcastic.

Kinda hard to tell on these stupid computers, eh

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #30 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 9:27 pm

Quote:
The reason he's leading in the polls is because the "American sheep" have finally awakened and admitted they made a mistake.
No, it is because the sheep will believe anyone telling them what they want to hear. Forget his total lack of experience, ignorance of foreign policy and willingness to tax the hell out of them. Not to mention driving businesses to either raise prices or leave the country for say...Mexico, Canada or maybe India.
post #31 of 131 Old Oct 26th, 2008, 11:08 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Some people think that the "time for a change" is simply a negative reaction to the rampant and blatant political corruption; it isn't a vote in favor of anything, but rather a vote for more of the same Lies, Deception, Graft, and Corruption. In less than 4 years, OBama diverted almost 1 Billion from needed programs into Earmarks for his supporters. Same ole bribe maker.

OBama is a classic case of Style over the substance of Corruption.

The Senate unanimously passed legislation to make credit defaults swaps legal again.

Farm subsidies for Ethanol while taxing Ethanol imports. Farm subsidies to not grow crops on land that home owners won't even use for a garden.

Maybe we'll luck out, the level of corruption will reach heights that even sickens one party control of both Congress and the Presidency.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #32 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:59 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Hell, they really don't understand what defense is, mostly because there isn't any pork in it.
Are you kidding? The military-industrial complex is riddled with pork and wasted billions. But anyone who speaks out against it is labeled non-patriotic and threatened to be kicked out of the country.

Quote:
Thank God, Slick Willy nor Obama were in office 12/7/1941 or 9/11/01.
So you're completely satisfied with the way Bush & Cheney handled 9/11? And you don't think they could possibly have done anything differently? Or that anyone else could maybe have handled things better? Really?

Do you really think Halliburton, etc. have America's best interests in mind?

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

- Eisenhower, Farewell Address

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #33 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 1:02 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelurker
There are many things that need to be done by our government, but primary among those is to bring our financial house in order. Government spending needs to be brought under control. There is enough waste in government to take care of many necessary programs without increasing spending and taxation.
Agreed. But unfortunately, those who have the power to make these changes are the same ones who are benefitting from all the kickbacks. Vicious circle, I'm afraid, and we're the ones who always lose.

I think Obama is going to take it precisely because folks are fed up and really do want a change. And as much as McCain protests, he's 90% Bush. But I don't think it will make much difference overall, as Obama has been bought & sold many times over already (how much "private" cash has he raised so far?).

But folks are also inherently lazy and self-centered, so they'll put him in office, he'll start paying back all his "supporters" (read as big money contributors), and most of us will throw up our hands in disgust.

The next 4-8 years are gonna be a real rocky ride, not matter who happens to be "in charge".

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #34 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 4:11 am

Quote:
Thank God, Slick Willy nor Obama were in office 12/7/1941 or 9/11/01.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
So you're completely satisfied with the way Bush & Cheney handled 9/11? And you don't think they could possibly have done anything differently? Or that anyone else could maybe have handled things better? Really?
More Kool-Aid logic. One does not equal the other.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #35 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 4:34 am
rlv

Quote:

And I absolutely will not vote for some skinny black guy who will not prove who he is.

Richard Vogt
2007 (Silver) R1200RT
2010 R1200GSA (Gertrude)
post #36 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 7:59 am

Quote:

I think he is having fun with us.. it's all sarcasm. This sentence puts him about as far away from Obama as you can:

" Taxes are necessary to provide basic and complex infrastructure support to our country." Who could possibly argue with that?

I he was a true Obama follower he would have said something like this: We need to overhaul our tax system to more effectively take care of our less fortunate fellow Americans. To me this means redistribution of wealth, another term for socialism.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

Last edited by Wolfgang; Oct 27th, 2008 at 9:17 am.
post #37 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 8:54 am

While I am not a McCain fan, I cannot bring myself to even think of voting for his opponent who is the most unqualified candidate for the job that the democratic (or any) party could have possibly put forth. The only two things the democratic candidate has going for him is that he can read a telepromter very very well and the liberal media loves him - for the moment. We are still paying a high price for Jimmy Carter's time in office and this democratic candidate is worse. He will be an absolute disaster in the short and long term.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #38 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 9:03 am

No replies from the OP....feels like the instructions on fireworks...light fuse, get away

post #39 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 9:37 am

For me the bottom line is the Bush Administration, supported strongly by the Republican majority for 6 of the 8 years, has been the primary force behind the political agenda, tempo, and the direction of the country. It has been a miserable failure in every respect and has driven the country to the brink of disaster. You can say that the Democrats are equally responsible but it ain't so. They bear some of the responsibility, that's for certain. But the preponderance of responsibility goes on the Bush administration and the party he represents. You may not see it that way, but it appears that the vast majority of Americans do. And they and I see McCain as his heir. A change for the better is needed, a change back to the principles that used to define this country. And that has much more to do with who we are as nation than it has to do with taxes or even the financial crisis. I believe that Obama is more likely to be the agent for that change than McCain. Would I have preferred someone else, yes. But those are the choices we have. We will see, if he is elected, if he can accomplish that, if we all can.

Greg

post #40 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 9:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantime
No replies from the OP....feels like the instructions on fireworks...light fuse, get away
Or maybe he just said what he wanted to say, Brian, what he felt was true, and has nothing to add. After all, we will all be voting based on our thoughts, perceptions and feelings. You have yours, you've made them clear on many posts. I have mine and have tried to make the clear. He has his. Maybe he wasn't looking for an argument, just wanted to say what he thought needed saying.

Greg

post #41 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 9:55 am

Quote:
Or maybe he just said what he wanted to say, Brian, what he felt was true, and has nothing to add. After all, we will all be voting based on our thoughts, perceptions and feelings. You have yours, you've made them clear on many posts. I have mine and have tried to make the clear. He has his. Maybe he wasn't looking for an argument, just wanted to say what he thought needed saying.
See...I'm trying to diffuse argument with humor and there you go gettin' all serious on me

post #42 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:04 am

http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-el...1027-59sr.html

.... in other words .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03fcGelz8Hw
post #43 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:14 am Thread Starter

Cool Re: Obama is the new face of "Hope" in America

I am not a big Obama supporter, more of the lessor of 2 evils.

Those that say he is not qualified should especially point those fingers back at the "Deer in the headlights" with lipstick! She was a ridiculous pick for VP. McCain is too old.

I stand by my convictions. Most of your comments are vetted in F E A R.
Obama makes the "most" sense.

Republicans vote personal values and Democrats vote issues.

EOM

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool. Voltaire.

post #44 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantime
See...I'm trying to diffuse argument with humor and there you go gettin' all serious on me
Oops. Sorry.

Greg

post #45 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:22 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
You may not see it that way, but it appears that the vast majority of Americans do.
The sad truth is that the "vast majority" of Americans are not going to support either candidate. The best either candidate will likely get is 30 percent of the eligible voters, close to half won't even show up at the polls.

That fact shows clearly that the blame for bad government does not go to the elected officials, but to the people who are too apathetic to vote. If the "vast majority" of Americans would pay attention to what is going on and take the time to vote as informed individuals, good officials would be in and bad would be out.

The simple fact is that we are once again debating which candidate is "less bad" than the other should tell us just how bad our system is. We don't need to radically change things, we just need ethics and good management. I don't believe you get those qualities in career politicians.

Yoda
post #46 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:31 am

Quote:
Most of your comments are vetted in F A C T.
Obama makes "no" sense.

Republicans vote personal values and Liberal Democrats vote for earmarks/tax increases.

EOM

fixed.

for all you Libs entertainment..: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #47 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:52 am

Quote:
I am not a big Obama supporter, more of the lessor of 2 evils.

Those that say he is not qualified should especially point those fingers back at the "Deer in the headlights" with lipstick! She was a ridiculous pick for VP. McCain is too old.
WHY are the dummycrats so intent on pointing to the Rep VP and saying "See? See? She has no expreience to be president!"? Lest you forget, SHE isn't running for president! Nobama IS running for president and he has NO experience what-so-ever. The redirection of attention from Nobama's inexperience by pointing to Palin isn't going to work on everyone.
Is it sinking in? Apples and oranges, apples and oranges.
post #48 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelurker
If the "vast majority" of Americans would pay attention to what is going on and take the time to vote as informed individuals, good officials would be in and bad would be out.
Quote:
we just need ethics and good management. I don't believe you get those qualities in career politicians.
Your two statements contradict each other.
And maybe the reason not everyone votes is because they believe there isn't anyone running that is worth their vote.
post #49 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 11:41 am

You have to give it to him for honesty in that interview. And he also clearly understands that to really re-distribute the wealth the constitution would have to change. Thanks Goodness!

Obamas rise proves one thing: Desperate people will try anything. Not unlike a terminally ill person that will try voodoo as a cure.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #50 of 131 Old Oct 27th, 2008, 11:51 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
If the "vast majority" of Americans would pay attention to what is going on and take the time to vote as informed individuals, good officials would be in and bad would be out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
we just need ethics and good management. I don't believe you get those qualities in career politicians.
Quote:
Your two statements contradict each other.
Not necessarily, but I will amend my statement to read: I don't believe you get those qualities in the current crop of career politicians.

While a career politician could spring from a class voted in by an informed electorate, I would argue that (at least the bulk of) current career politicians are there because they grease the correct wheels, rather than serving the best interest of the electorate.
Quote:
And maybe the reason not everyone votes is because they believe there isn't anyone running that is worth their vote.
You'll get no argument from me on that point.

Yoda
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in