I'm in the Money! - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:19 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Posts: 563
Thumbs up I'm in the Money!

Hey all you selfish "I got mine so screw you" rich forum members- Start putting aside bucks for me! Once the HOLY ONE is in office the wealth redistribution will begin! And since I know I'm behind most everybody else here financially I'll be in tall cotton! I'll be able to stop looking for a job and just kick back and relax and ride every day while the rest of you get your comuppins for your lavish lifestyles and work your butts off to support me.

POWER TO THE POOR!! Vote YES for THE ONE!

Matt
95 Honda Magna (sold)
97 R1100RT (sold)
00 LTc, Canyon Red "Tarkus" (sold)
01 F650GS (wifey's, sold)
01 Ducati S4 Monster "LittleOne"
04 R1150RT (turned to scrap)
99 R1100RT Tundra Green
Kalamazoo, MI
"Worry does not rob tomorrow of it's sorrow. It saps the strength of today."
Matt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:28 pm
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: I'm in the Money!

Andy, I'm pretty sure this thread was started for your benefit! LOL!
Hey Matt, if things go that way, maybe I'll quit my job and come down a ride with ya!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #3 of 42 Old Oct 15th, 2008, 11:08 pm
Senior Member
 
Florian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Coast, OH , USA
Posts: 1,165
Re: I'm in the Money!

I want comuppins too...sounds like a mix of coffee, muffins and Mary Poppins.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
Florian is offline  
 
post #4 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 1:01 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Hey all you selfish "I got mine so screw you" rich forum members- Start putting aside bucks for me! Once the HOLY ONE is in office the wealth redistribution will begin! And since I know I'm behind most everybody else here financially I'll be in tall cotton! I'll be able to stop looking for a job and just kick back and relax and ride every day while the rest of you get your comuppins for your lavish lifestyles and work your butts off to support me.

POWER TO THE POOR!! Vote YES for THE ONE!
Hey Matt, don't forget your **FREE** healthcare! Hell, I'd even suggest getting sick more often to use your **FREE** healthcare!

Have a nice day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Andy, I'm pretty sure this thread was started for your benefit! LOL!
Hey Matt, if things go that way, maybe I'll quit my job and come down a ride with ya!
Andy probably checked into the "ding" ward hours ago!

I'll join KMC and bring the ice cold Guinness (which is also FREE when "THE Messiah" gets elected)!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #5 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 5:06 am
Senior Member
 
BMWphreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Putnam, CT, USA
Posts: 1,435
Re: I'm in the Money!

So, I'm taking it that you guys turned in your stimulus checks so as not to contribute to wealth redistribution?

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
BMWphreak is offline  
post #6 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 6:17 am
Senior Member
 
hoog62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 2,862
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
So, I'm taking it that you guys turned in your stimulus checks so as not to contribute to wealth redistribution?
I redistributed my stimulus wealth to Joe the motorcycle accessories guy.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hoog62 is offline  
post #7 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 6:19 am
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
So, I'm taking it that you guys turned in your stimulus checks so as not to contribute to wealth redistribution?
LOL! I immediately spent mine so as not to accumulate any wealth that could be re - redistributed!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #8 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 7:46 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Posts: 563
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
So, I'm taking it that you guys turned in your stimulus checks so as not to contribute to wealth redistribution?

No, considering it was my money to begin with I used it as I saw fit.

If Congress can afford to give us that money (not to mention the $300B Pelosi is messing with) why not just decrease our taxes year 'round?!

Matt
95 Honda Magna (sold)
97 R1100RT (sold)
00 LTc, Canyon Red "Tarkus" (sold)
01 F650GS (wifey's, sold)
01 Ducati S4 Monster "LittleOne"
04 R1150RT (turned to scrap)
99 R1100RT Tundra Green
Kalamazoo, MI
"Worry does not rob tomorrow of it's sorrow. It saps the strength of today."
Matt is offline  
post #9 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 8:27 am
Senior Member
 
Vince_nj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whippany, NJ, USA
Posts: 155
Re: I'm in the Money!

I spent my stimulas check on breast implants for my wife.. Now I am stimulated every day!
Vince_nj1 is offline  
post #10 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 9:08 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
So, I'm taking it that you guys turned in your stimulus checks so as not to contribute to wealth redistribution?
Actually, I lit a big, fat, Cuban--er--Honduran ceeeeeegar with it! So not only did I contribute to wealth redistribution, I contributed to EVIL tobacee companies AND air pollution!

Have a nice M/F'n day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_nj1
I spent my stimulas check on breast implants for my wife.. Now I am stimulated every day!
AND so is Sancho! Sucker.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #11 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 9:21 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Hey all you selfish "I got mine so screw you" rich forum members- Start putting aside bucks for me! Once the HOLY ONE is in office the wealth redistribution will begin! And since I know I'm behind most everybody else here financially I'll be in tall cotton! I'll be able to stop looking for a job and just kick back and relax and ride every day while the rest of you get your comuppins for your lavish lifestyles and work your butts off to support me.

POWER TO THE POOR!! Vote YES for THE ONE!
Yep, the only kind of wealth we should ever redistribute is stuff like the 300 billion dollars Congress and the President just agreed to give the wealthiest part of our society, the Wall Street Barons. Sure would not be in favor of any of the middle class getting money like that. That would be outrageous.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #12 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 9:41 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Yep, the only kind of wealth we should ever redistribute is stuff like the 300 billion dollars Congress and the President just agreed to give the wealthiest part of our society, the Wall Street Barons. Sure would not be in favor of any of the middle class getting money like that. That would be outrageous.
So Greg, I guess we STILL need a REAL maverick to repeal this ONE TRILLION DOLLAR turd? Amazing how you and I are held accountable for our actions, BUT the fat-cats are given a pass!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #13 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 10:41 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
So Greg, I guess we STILL need a REAL maverick to repeal this ONE TRILLION DOLLAR turd? Amazing how you and I are held accountable for our actions, BUT the fat-cats are given a pass!
Jay, John Kenneth Galbraith observed years ago that the only kind of socialism that seems acceptable in America is socialism for the rich. I guess that leaves us out. And we won't really have to worry about the middle class much longer. It's disappearing fast.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #14 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 11:29 am
Senior Member
 
BMWphreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Putnam, CT, USA
Posts: 1,435
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
No, considering it was my money to begin with I used it as I saw fit.

If Congress can afford to give us that money (not to mention the $300B Pelosi is messing with) why not just decrease our taxes year 'round?!

I hear ya... in fact how about not taking ANY money out of our paychecks? At the end of the year I'll just send one big check to the IRS... maybe!

I'd also like to be able to check off boxes, kind of like the Presidential contribution box, on the stuff I am willing to pay for. That would definitely reduce my tax bill! Welfare to France: NO! Free police for Iraq: NO! Marijuana crop dusting: NO!

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
BMWphreak is offline  
post #15 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 12:58 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Jay, John Kenneth Galbraith observed years ago that the only kind of socialism that seems acceptable in America is socialism for the rich. I guess that leaves us out. And we won't really have to worry about the middle class much longer. It's disappearing fast.
WTF? What about our FREE, UNLIMITED, ALL WE CAN USE, health care!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #16 of 42 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 1:52 pm
Senior Member
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside New Braunfels , TX, USA
Posts: 13,451
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Actually, I lit a big, fat, Cuban--er--Honduran ceeeeeegar with it! So not only did I contribute to wealth redistribution, I contributed to EVIL tobacee companies AND air pollution!

Have a nice M/F'n day!
Damn! I actually agreed with every single word here.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grifscoots is offline  
post #17 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 9:00 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Damn! I actually agreed with every single word here.
A little common sense goes a long way.....

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #18 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 9:51 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
So Greg, I guess we STILL need a REAL maverick to repeal this ONE TRILLION DOLLAR turd? Amazing how you and I are held accountable for our actions, BUT the fat-cats are given a pass!
Jay, the sad truth is there are no mavericks in this race, and I really doubt this country would ever elect one if there was. We are like a woman who has married an abusive husband is afraid to leave him for fear she might end up with someone worse. The Republic is non-existant and the democracy is in jeopardy and perhaps we are all too paralysed to do anything about it. Any candidate who would say what really needs to happen would be painted as an extremist not only by whoever he was running against but by the complacent, complicit media as well. The deck is stacked against the kind of drammatic turn around this great country really needs, in my opinion. So, all we can do is vote and hope for the best and continue to remind our representatives that WE are the only special interest to which they need to attend.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #19 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 10:02 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Jay, the sad truth is there are no mavericks in this race, and I really doubt this country would ever elect one if there was. We are like a woman who has married an abusive husband is afraid to leave him for fear she might end up with someone worse.....
Yeah Greg, you are correct. There are so many millions of people on the big government tit, that any real maverick would not stand a chance. All that economic slavery for just a few dollars a month. Sad, very sad.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #20 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 10:36 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Yeah Greg, you are correct. There are so many millions of people on the big government tit, that any real maverick would not stand a chance. All that economic slavery for just a few dollars a month. Sad, very sad.
Not the least of whom are the politicians themselves -- believe me, they don't have to worry about health care or about retirement. The good tax payers of this country are bearing that burden for them.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #21 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 10:52 am
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Not the least of whom are the politicians themselves -- believe me, they don't have to worry about health care or about retirement. The good tax payers of this country are bearing that burden for them.
Isn't that MESSED UP?!
They should be on the exact same programs we are! Period!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #22 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 12:27 pm
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Isn't that MESSED UP?!
They should be on the exact same programs we are! Period!
Yes, they should be. It's a no brainer. But they deserve a bit more, they figure, because they're doing such a great job in Washington for the rest of us. Gag me with a spoon.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #23 of 42 Old Oct 17th, 2008, 5:01 pm
IBR# 366
 
meese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 16,484
Garage
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Isn't that MESSED UP?!
They should be on the exact same programs we are! Period!
What? You mean you can't just vote yourself a raise anytime you want?

I also figure that any politician convicted of a felony should be removed from office and lose all their pension and benefits. Instead, we just keep re-electing them.

I'm not too worried though. With all the Social Security I've been paying, I figure I'm set for life.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meese is offline  
post #24 of 42 Old Oct 18th, 2008, 1:33 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
....Gag me with a spoon.
Having been born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, I haven't heard that in 20 years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
....With all the Social Security I've been paying, I figure I'm set for life.
Ken, you said SOCIALIST security?! Yeah that measly $1000 a month--that we'll NEVER see---will do us a lot of good--if we retire in the Philippines!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #25 of 42 Old Oct 18th, 2008, 5:56 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
BecketMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 3,522
Re: I'm in the Money!

300Billion in farm subsidies!
1Billion for Georgia.
Billions diverted to wasted Ear Marks.
Billions to people who choose to build homes in hurricane zones.
Billions in lost taxes from people who finance home purchases.
Billions in forgone taxes because people choose to have children.
Billions in lost taxes to people who get employer health care.

Thank goodness our economy can survive Congressional, bribes, greed and corruption.

At least this election, I can vote against Congressional incumbents.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
BecketMa is offline  
post #26 of 42 Old Oct 19th, 2008, 6:58 pm
IBR# 366
 
meese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 16,484
Garage
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Ken, you said SOCIALIST security?! Yeah that measly $1000 a month--that we'll NEVER see---will do us a lot of good--if we retire in the Philippines!
Even worse, I get to pay double because I'm self-employed. Although, I am thinking about taking up plumbing. I hear you don't even need a license . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by meese; Oct 19th, 2008 at 8:40 pm.
meese is offline  
post #27 of 42 Old Oct 19th, 2008, 11:23 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Even worse, I get to pay double because I'm self-employed. Although, I am thinking about taking up plumbing. I hear you don't even need a license . . .
AND don't forget to "spread the wealth around!"

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #28 of 42 Old Oct 21st, 2008, 8:43 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Just a quick question for everyone regarding the "spread the wealth around" issue. For those who feel the rich should not pay more taxes than the poor or middle class, does that mean you favor changing our graduated income tax system to a flat tax, where everyone pays the same? Just curious. Because if that is not what you mean than I would remind you that our tax system has for decades been predicated on "spreading the wealth around," at least in the sene that the more income you have the more taxes you pay, i.e. the more dollars you contribute to the general coffers.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #29 of 42 Old Oct 21st, 2008, 5:22 pm
Senior Member
 
StillJustJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Camarillo, CA, USA
Posts: 156
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Even worse, I get to pay double because I'm self-employed. Although, I am thinking about taking up plumbing. I hear you don't even need a license . . .
And they do get the best drugs - you've heard of Plumbers Crack?

Still Just Jerry

2005 LT "Lucky"
2003 Moto Guzzi Aluminum "The Fog"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
StillJustJerry is offline  
post #30 of 42 Old Oct 21st, 2008, 6:10 pm
Senior Member
 
dshealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dandridge (Near Knoxville), TN, USA
Posts: 12,165
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Even worse, I get to pay double because I'm self-employed. Although, I am thinking about taking up plumbing. I hear you don't even need a license . . .
What is the big deal? From what I gathered he worked for a company that he was thinking of taking over in the future. Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc.. rarely need an individual license when working for a licensed company. The employees are working under, and supervised (hopefully) by the licensee.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
dshealey is offline  
post #31 of 42 Old Oct 21st, 2008, 9:55 pm
Senior Member
 
Lee510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newton, NC, USA
Posts: 2,315
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Just a quick question for everyone regarding the "spread the wealth around" issue. For those who feel the rich should not pay more taxes than the poor or middle class, does that mean you favor changing our graduated income tax system to a flat tax, where everyone pays the same?
No, not a flat tax. Do away with the income tax entirely. If there have to be taxes, and there will be as long as death is certain, then change to a nationwide sales tax.

"Oh, no", you say. "We can't add another tax!"

"Well, there you go again." We aren't adding a tax. We're doing away with all income taxes. No filing, no payments, no refunds, nothing. A national sales tax would affect all purchasers of EVERYTHING equally. The illegal aliens, the drug dealers, lawyers, car salesmen, even people like us. The more you spend, the more you pay. Live frugally, keep what you earn. Live extravagantly, give some to GovCo.

It's an idea whose time has come, but it'll never happen. Too many workers at GovCo would be displaced. We can't have that, now can we?

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
Lee510 is offline  
post #32 of 42 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 3:15 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Just a quick question for everyone regarding the "spread the wealth around" issue. For those who feel the rich should not pay more taxes than the poor or middle class, does that mean you favor changing our graduated income tax system to a flat tax, where everyone pays the same?....
NIETHER! Eliminate the worthless tax code/IRS and go to a very small consumption tax on ALL products. Imagine all the worthless hacks that would be out of a job? Imagine all the additional bling coming in from underground economies?!

I do not believe it is good business to tax businesses on profits or one person's income more than another just because he earns a certain amount. How many times have we heard about a person and/or business shelter themselves from taxes or penalties by various legal and illegal means (creative financing), instead of maximising their full growth potential?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
What is the big deal? From what I gathered he worked for a company that he was thinking of taking over in the future. Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc.. rarely need an individual license when working for a licensed company....
What he's doing, David, is working under another person's (business owner's)license. This is a very common practice and there is nothing improper or illegal about it.

The reason the ADD mainstream media has gone WAY out of their way to try and destroy Joe the plumber is because he did, in a few SECONDS, what they have not done in a few YEARS: REVEAL THE TRUTH ABOUT "THE MESSIAH." "SPREAD THE WEALTH AROUND!" After those four little words, elicited by Joe the plumber, what else is there to say? What else do we need to know? You have now seen this man's soul (or perhaps I should say lack, thereof)?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jayjacobson; Oct 22nd, 2008 at 3:30 am.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #33 of 42 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 8:19 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
No, not a flat tax. Do away with the income tax entirely. If there have to be taxes, and there will be as long as death is certain, then change to a nationwide sales tax.

"Oh, no", you say. "We can't add another tax!"

"Well, there you go again." We aren't adding a tax. We're doing away with all income taxes. No filing, no payments, no refunds, nothing. A national sales tax would affect all purchasers of EVERYTHING equally. The illegal aliens, the drug dealers, lawyers, car salesmen, even people like us. The more you spend, the more you pay. Live frugally, keep what you earn. Live extravagantly, give some to GovCo.

It's an idea whose time has come, but it'll never happen. Too many workers at GovCo would be displaced. We can't have that, now can we?
I like the concept, but what would the rate have to be to support the basic functions of government...and what about social security?

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #34 of 42 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 10:57 pm
Senior Member
 
Lee510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newton, NC, USA
Posts: 2,315
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
I like the concept, but what would the rate have to be to support the basic functions of government...and what about social security?
I've no idea what the rate would be. I'm an idea man. I put the suggestion out there for GovCo, but they don't like it. The only downsizing we can have is in business. Getting GovCo to live within our means, impossible. It's always more, more, more and "It's for the children."

As for social security, do like my parents did and their parents before them. Save for the future. I didn't take the old man's advice and started socking it away later than I should have, but with a 7 year old, I'll never get to retire anyway. Work till I drop dead. That's my retirement plan.

The Maintenance Man at a summer camp where I worked in 1982 always said, "You can rest when your feets turned up."

Things must not be as bad as the MSM are saying. They say we are on the edge of financial armeggedon, banks are failing and families are struggling. Somehow those families found 29 MILLION dollars to throw away on that stupid Chihuahua movie. No one ever went broke underestimating the lack of taste of the American public.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
Lee510 is offline  
post #35 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 1:11 am
IBR# 366
 
meese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 16,484
Garage
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
What is the big deal?
The big deal is that he's being touted as the common working man, and that Obama's tax plan will ruin him and other small businesses, and by implication, take a huge chunk out of the middle class. The reality is that the median US income is roughly $30K/year, 70% of us make under $50K/year, and only the top 5% make over $100K/year.

So a working plumber has ambitions to buy his company (good for him, if he can pull it off), but is worried that he won't be able to expand this potential business because he may be saddled with an extra couple of grand in taxes? That's like refusing to collect lottery winnings because "the gov't will just take it all anyway."

And the actual proposal (which is hardly set in stone, as many things can and will change between election promises and actual results) calls for a reduction in taxes for 95% of the population, and a slight increase for those individuals making over $250K/year. So not only does Joe have to do the work to buy the company and build it up, but he himself has to clear $250K in income before he gets hit.

Somehow, I just don't see it happening, and I sure don't see this guy as the "Everyman" that they keep trying to parade him around as. On the other hand, I did actually start a small business (instead of just talking about it) which I've kept running for the past few years through some smart choices, a bit of luck, and a whole lot of hard work, so I do have a bit of a direct stake in this whole debate.

I've heard from many middle-class folks that they're worried that Obama will increase their taxes and give that money away to the poor and underprivileged. That's why they've jumped on the "Spread the Wealth" comment so quickly and so viciously. It simply plays into many people's fears, especially in an uncertain economy.

But first, how many of these folks clear $250K/year (remember, that's after all your deductions)? And second, what do you call a $700 Billion bailout (that no one I know approved of), or an arguably unnecessary war that by some estimates could cost upwards of $2 Trillion? Is it conceivable that those actions alone far dwarf any potential tax savings or increases? Or did folks just not notice that Bush inherited a $230 Billion budget surplus from Clinton, but that he will leave his successor with a $500 Billion deficit (and still counting . . .)?

Reagan tried that whole "trickle-down" theory by seriously cutting taxes to the wealthiest 1%, in order to spur the economy and job creation. It didn't work for him then, and it won't work now, either. Clinton somewhat reversed this by reimposing some of those top-rate taxes, and as mentioned he left the White House with a surplus of cash. W has managed to wipe that out at record rates, and even though he's only got scant months left, he's still spending Billions that we just don't have to spend.

It ain't pretty out there folks, and no matter who takes the reins next, it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better. So buckle up, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

(Apologies if this got a little ranting. I've just spent a week at the in-laws, and was exposed to far more Fox News than I really care to be. That often causes my attitude to go from amazed, to incredulous, to offended, to appalled. And people actually believe the tripe that they're spewing. )

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meese is offline  
post #36 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 1:16 am
IBR# 366
 
meese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 16,484
Garage
Re: I'm in the Money!

We'll never convert to a flat tax or consumption tax because it just makes too much sense. That, and the current system makes it much easier for those in the know to manipulate things to their advantage. Confusion can be a mighty powerful ally, especially when combined with hopelessness and general apathy.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meese is offline  
post #37 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 4:26 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
....and what about social security?
Socialist security is a joke! It won't be here when I retire nor do me any good even if it was. Time to phase out the economic slavery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
....The only downsizing we can have is in business. Getting GovCo to live within our means, impossible. It's always more, more, more and "It's for the children."

As for social security, do like my parents did and their parents before them. Save for the future. I didn't take the old man's advice and started socking it away later than I should have, but with a 7 year old, I'll never get to retire anyway. Work till I drop dead. That's my retirement plan.

The Maintenance Man at a summer camp where I worked in 1982 always said, "You can rest when your feets turned up."

Things must not be as bad as the MSM are saying. They say we are on the edge of financial armeggedon, banks are failing and families are struggling. Somehow those families found 29 MILLION dollars to throw away on that stupid Chihuahua movie. No one ever went broke underestimating the lack of taste of the American public.
Thank you, Lee. Well reasoned and stated. God--er--some higher power forbid, people having to take responsibility for themselves, INCLUDING their retirement! Would the sun rise in the F'G morning?!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #38 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 5:29 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
....I've heard from many middle-class folks that they're worried that Obama will increase their taxes and give that money away to the poor and underprivileged. That's why they've jumped on the "Spread the Wealth" comment so quickly and so viciously. It simply plays into many people's fears, especially in an uncertain economy....
Not in the slightest! These evil, rich and greedy, middle class folks KNOW that they will get hit hard when "THE Messiah" raises corporate tax rates--which will be passed on to them, of course!

Giving money to the truly poor and truly underpriviledged is another issue--of which the big nanny-state government handles very badly.
Quote:
....what do you call a $700 Billion bailout (that no one I know approved of), or an arguably unnecessary war that by some estimates could cost upwards of $2 Trillion? Is it conceivable that those actions alone far dwarf any potential tax savings or increases? Or did folks just not notice that Bush inherited a $230 Billion budget surplus from Clinton, but that he will leave his successor with a $500 Billion deficit (and still counting . . .)?
AND all those FRIVOLOUS expenses are dwarfed by ONE TRILLION dollars PER YEAR we spend on illegal immigrants....speaking of deficits.
Quote:
Reagan tried that whole "trickle-down" theory by seriously cutting taxes to the wealthiest 1%, in order to spur the economy and job creation. It didn't work for him then, and it won't work now, either. Clinton somewhat reversed this by reimposing some of those top-rate taxes, and as mentioned he left the White House with a surplus of cash. W has managed to wipe that out at record rates, and even though he's only got scant months left, he's still spending Billions that we just don't have to spend....
Revisionist history aside, Slick Willie continued with many of the Reagan era tax and reform policies--being drug kicking and screaming by a Republican congress, of course.

Oh, and next time try PMSNBC--where you get real UNBIASED news!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #39 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 6:17 am
Senior Member
 
kevincook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tully (near Syracuse), NY, USA
Posts: 714
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
...and only the top 5% make over $100K/year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
... calls for a reduction in taxes for 95% of the population, and a slight increase for those individuals making over $250K/year.
I've been wondering why the data from the IRS and the Obama's data seem to be so far apart. How come the IRS says 5% make over $100k and Obama says 5% make over $250k? I'm pretty sure the IRS isn't lying....

So any couple filing a joint return over $100K I'm afraid will see a tax increase. I don't know this for sure but Obama's numbers just don't make any sense and I don't trust any politicians.

I also don't think we have a taxation problem in the country. I think we have a SPENDING problem. I also think that when 40% of the population has no personal stake in paying taxes to our government then the whole system becomes distorted. In reality the total amount of taxes the lowest 40% would pay is insignificant, however, I do think it is important that they have some skin in the game.

I can't wait until the election is over!
Kevin

1999 K1200LT, patiently waiting for a new model.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Slave Cylinder Procedure->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kevincook is offline  
post #40 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 7:33 am
Senior Member
 
dshealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dandridge (Near Knoxville), TN, USA
Posts: 12,165
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
The big deal is that he's being touted as the common working man, and that Obama's tax plan will ruin him and other small businesses, and by implication, take a huge chunk out of the middle class. The reality is that the median US income is roughly $30K/year, 70% of us make under $50K/year, and only the top 5% make over $100K/year.--------------------------------------------------------------------------)
I agree with most of what you said Ken. However, my
"What is the big Deal" comment was aimed solely at the fact that he did not have a plumber's license. None was needed in his case.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
dshealey is offline  
post #41 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 8:48 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I'm in the Money!

Here's at least one interesting facet of Obama being called a socialist for wanting to tax those making $250,000 or more a year at the same level they were taxed at pre the current Bush admin, when Bush proposed cutting their taxes to the current level in 2000, McCain voted against it. Maybe they're both socialists.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #42 of 42 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 9:38 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I'm in the Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincook
I've been wondering why the data from the IRS and the Obama's data seem to be so far apart. How come the IRS says 5% make over $100k and Obama says 5% make over $250k? I'm pretty sure the IRS isn't lying....
Yes Kevin you're right, some governmental figures suggest that at a mere $100k, you're in the top 5%. In other words, YOU ARE RICH! So, let me ask you: do you trust the guy that wants to "spread the wealth around?"

Also, how do 95% of taxpayers get a refund when 40% of taxpayers pay little or no taxes?! More big nanny-state government spreadin' the wealth around--on my dime?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
....when Bush proposed cutting their taxes to the current level in 2000, McCain voted against it. Maybe they're both socialists.
Ummmmm, Greg, who's been saying that from the very beginning? McSenile is the only guy I know that could out-socialist one of the most liberal politicians ever elected!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jayjacobson; Oct 23rd, 2008 at 9:43 am.
jayjacobson is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMWLT is costing me a lot of money! GeezerBeemer66 Chit Chat 11 Oct 4th, 2007 8:21 am
I am so happy... BMW wants to give ME money!!! zippy_gg Chit Chat 9 Jul 17th, 2007 10:20 am
Real money...WOW UncleRock Chit Chat 0 Oct 3rd, 2006 7:15 am
Is the BMW riding gear worth the extra money? starky Rider's Gear & Luggage 17 Dec 25th, 2005 9:09 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome