College Football - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Oct 12th, 2008, 8:43 am Thread Starter

College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Dave, Are those Gators trying to dethrone these moronic Buckeyes again?
Wanted to see how this weeks games played out before responding...

Who wouldn't want to see USC/Ohio St. again? Lotta football to be played yet, but I think that conference comes down to the last week. Mich St. could ruin Penn St.'s championship run. We'll see.

USC? Lets just say, PAC 1, book your plane tickets now.

Whatever the record, whomever comes out of the SEC will be a legitimate "best team in the nation" contender although they may not be in the NC game. The Gators looked good last night, LSU will rebound, and Alabama will probably be #1 today. The problem is they'll be beating each other. (Same thing in the Big 12)

Apologies to Tennessee and Auburn fans; there's always next year.

Edit:
1. Texas
2. Bama
3. PennSt.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hoog62; Oct 12th, 2008 at 12:02 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2008, 12:06 am

Re: College Football

Same old refrain from the SEC, we are just so good we beat each other up and don't make it to the top. Big 12 is the best conference this year. Last 25 years, most NCs= ACC, Big 12, then SEC. That said, the NC game will probably be the Big 12 champion vs the SEC champion.
post #3 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2008, 5:43 am

Hoog, I've tried to get rid of Fulmer three years after he succeeded Majors, that was the year he wanted to coach like Majors!

Gary, the SEC consistantly has the best (toughest) division in NCAA Div 1 Football PERIOD! Rocky Top you'll always be............(in hiding this year!!)

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2008, 6:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Wanted to see how this weeks games played out before responding...
I was referring to the freaky people of Fla trying to dethrone the freaky people of Ohio for the biggest freak award. Nothing to do with football. But since you brought that up...

Quote:
Who wouldn't want to see USC/Ohio St. again? Lotta football to be played yet, but I think that conference comes down to the last week. Mich St. could ruin Penn St.'s championship run. We'll see.
Umm ... I don't think so. Penn State is for real this year, and they are going to SMOKE the Buckeyes in Columbus, and they're going to roll Mich State. Mark my words.
post #5 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2008, 6:23 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
Same old refrain from the SEC, we are just so good we beat each other up and don't make it to the top. Big 12 is the best conference this year. Last 25 years, most NCs= ACC, Big 12, then SEC. That said, the NC game will probably be the Big 12 champion vs the SEC champion.

So... what happens after Missouri beats Texas? (or Kansas, or Tech)

I'll agree that the Big 12 looks strong this year, but that IS the problem. I think they will beat each other, and USC stands a good chance of waltzing their way up the polls and into the Championship game. Can they beat any of the top three teams in the Big 12 or SEC? No, but the BCS doesn't care. Penn State controls their own destiny; if they run the table in that weak conference they will be in. That leaves the Big 12 or SEC champ, out.

Oh and as far as recent history goes, let's look at the last ten years...

1998-present
ConferenceChampionshipsSchoolsBCS Championship Game Record
SEC4LSU (2007 & 2003), Florida (2006), Tennessee (1998)4-0 (1.000)
Big 122Texas (2005), Oklahoma (2000)2-3 (0.400)
Pac 101USC (2004)1-1 (0.500)
Big 101Ohio State (2002)1-2 (0.333)
Big East1Miami (2001)1-1 (0.500)*
ACC1Florida State (1999)1-0 (1.000)

Check the winning percentage. When the SEC gets in, they win. The reason they don't get in is they beat each other. That's what happens in a deep conference. The Big 12 will see it this year.

I am by no means a "homer", I like good football no matter who's playing it. Heck, my favorite team is, Anybody Playing Notre Dame...

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #6 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2008, 6:28 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I was referring to the freaky people of Fla trying to dethrone the freaky people of Ohio for the biggest freak award. Nothing to do with football. But since you brought that up...

Umm ... I don't think so. Penn State is for real this year, and they are going to SMOKE the Buckeyes in Columbus, and they're going to roll Mich State. Mark my words.
Oops...my bad. I guess now that your back I'll have to dig up that M13 decoder ring again.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #7 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2008, 6:56 am

Quote:
I am by no means a "homer", I like good football no matter who's playing it. Heck, my favorite team is, Anybody Playing Notre Dame...
Replace "Notre Dame" with "The Buckeyes" and I could have penned that statement.

Quote:
Oops...my bad. I guess now that your back I'll have to dig up that M13 decoder ring again.
Was a speaking in rhymes again?
post #8 of 8 Old Dec 1st, 2008, 5:54 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
Well, since the latest BS (I'm sorry...BCS) rankings are proving their worth once again, let's revisit this. It certainly looks like the NC game will have the SEC champ, but what happens if Missouri wins the Big 12? Do they let a team that didn't even make it to their own conference title game play for all the marbles? Does USC slide in there?

I personally don't think Missouri has much of a chance, and they should probably be playing Texas anyway. Settling things on the field doesn't seem to count for much in BCS land.

Oh, and it's a shame about Penn State...

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in