"Life On Mars" - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 1:28 am Thread Starter
BMW Guru

"Life On Mars"

Anybody watch this tonight? I wasn't alive in 1973 but I found the new show quite interesting. Haven't seen anything this good on network TV since NYPD Blue.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 3:17 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: "Life On Mars"

I recorded it and played it back. Love watching Harvy Keitel since he was in the Dinero movie Taxi Driver. Thought the music was great. Next thing he should do is find his girl friend, tell her to stay away from the park and to buy eBay, Google, Microsoft and MacIntosh stock, first pressing albums and vacum tubes used in power supplies, power, pre amps and amplifiers.

I thought the way they transport him back to 1974 was strange? Shoulda picked the late 60s though. But, guess they can have Tricky Dick on the TV during the 70s along with Ronald Rayguns.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #3 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 8:42 am

I have it DVR'ed and will watch it sometime this weekend. It looked kinda neat.

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

post #4 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 9:18 am

Dang it! Forgot to set the DVR. I'll set it for next week. Maybe they'll show a rerun of the 1st episode this weekend sometime, latenight.
post #5 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 10:38 am

Became a fan when the original came out on BBCA a couple of years ago. Same premise, set in England. Fun to watch the old English cars & bikes. Only ran for 2 seasons, & I won't give away the ending. Must admit we had to use the close caption feature because of the accents.
post #6 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 12:34 pm

As one who was 14 in 1973, found the show really distasteful towards the women & general population in general. Far too predictable IMO.

Nice job of filming it for the younger crowd who know the 70's are best left to reruns of Taxi and Welcome back Kotter

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #7 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 12:41 pm Thread Starter
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
As one who was 14 in 1973, found the show really distasteful towards the women...
If you thought that was bad you should check out "Mad Men" on AMC.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #8 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Shred
If you thought that was bad you should check out "Mad Men" on AMC.
Don't get me wrong Ted, I remember about that same time the Girls in school were allowed to wear pants instead of just skirts.
Life was good back then because "Hot Pants" followed shortly after

Maybe it is just being a New York thing with the attitudes of the officers ?

It's all in the "I can relate" or not perception.

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #9 of 9 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 4:55 pm

I watched it. The premise, if time travel is involved, is a giant stretch. I bet the car that hit him didn't have a flux capacitor, nor was it going 88 mph. But hints in the show seem to indicate it is one continuous hallucination while he's in a coma from the accident? Anyway, a good vehicle for oldies rock music!

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
Chain-driven '08 Blazing Orange Triumph Tiger 1050i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in