I was called a dirty racist today - BMW Luxury Touring Community
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 7:01 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer
 
eljeffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Allen, TX, USA
Posts: 9,315
I was called a dirty racist today

I was at the shop this afternoon, and we got to talking politics. The bailout was a big topic, as well as the debates. Most the guys still like Palin because she's quite the MILF. We were talking about what we liked and disliked about each of the respective candidates. While I'm not happy with either choice, I don't like the prospect of skyrocketing taxes for pie in the sky programs, lax enforcement of immigration law, and basically having someone in the office of President that would be a "rubber stamp" for any bill Ms. Pelosi puts in front of him.

There was a person in the showroom about 10 feet away that came up to me and said I was a "dirty racist". We were all a bit stunned by it. He went into a tirade of how Obama is so great (messiah complex) and how I didn't support him because I was a racist. He said my term "rubber stamp" was an offensive reference to slavery and how I was just another redneck racist. Wow. Before I could really say anything, this person huffed off and left the shop.

Is "rubber stamp" some secret code for a racist remark and I'm just ignorant of that, or was that person just crazy?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
El Jeffe
Plano, TX
'06 K1200GT Crystal Grey
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

__________________

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eljeffe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 7:22 pm
Gold Supporter
 
Lonewuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Magnolia, TX, USA
Posts: 3,872
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

The Police were called to a residence down here for a reported "Hate Crime" in progress. When they arrived they found a rather large African American woman screaming at a Hispanic Man and his even larger wife. The Police seperated all and asked what the problem was. The Black woman had been following the two in their pickup when she noticed a Calvin sticker on the back of their truck. You know the sticker. The one where Calvin is peeing on something. Well theirs had Calvin peeing on Obama. The Black woman was screaming that they were racist and that was a hate crime and wanted the police to arrest them.

Seems like even the media is afraid to say anything bad about him for the same fear.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lonewuff is offline  
post #3 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 7:23 pm
Senior Member
 
Triple Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Posts: 212
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

There are a few secret racist sayings you should be aware of so you don't caught out like this again, here are my top five:

1. Have a nice day.

2. The grass is greener on the other side of the hill

3. Flow Chart

4. Check both mirrors first

5. Who farted

"Rubber stamp" is way further down the list right next to "Who's there."

The sad truth is that it has been estimated at between 3% to 30% of people would not vote for a Black President based on race alone.

Michael
Triple Threat is offline  
 
post #4 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 7:29 pm
Senior Member
 
asleeplessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cape Elizabeth, ME, USA
Posts: 215
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Paranoid. Maybe? A racist? Nah.. Quick to stereotype? Sounds it.

Asleepless
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
knight
'03 LTE Titan Silver - Active Duty
'83 VF750F Interceptor White/Red - Retired
'74 MT250 Elsinore Silver - RIP
'72 SL125 Silver - RIP

BMWMOA #143933


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
asleeplessknight is offline  
post #5 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 8:07 pm
Senior Member
 
gunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kings Mountain, NC, USA
Posts: 3,089
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Well you might be, doubt it, but I don't think that could be determined by that statement.

Best thing to do for folks that do stuff like that, just laugh at them.

B D R
gunny is offline  
post #6 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 8:24 pm
Senior Member
 
NCrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh-ish, NC, USA
Posts: 619
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

I wore my Bikers for McCain shirt to TGIF's last night. While most people seemed to pay no attention, there were a couple of folks that looked like they wanted to say something- including one waiter who looked like he was trying to stare me down. I guess I'm glad noone said anything, especially after I'd had a few beverages. It might not have gone well.
NCrider is offline  
post #7 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 8:30 pm
Senior Member
 
SilverBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: St. Petersburg, FL, USA
Posts: 3,208
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vffr1
The sad truth is that it has been estimated at between 3% to 30% of people would not vote for a Black President based on race alone.
The sad truth is that there is an estimated 30% of the people
that will vote for Obama based on his race alone!

Of course that's alright, as we were told in "diversity training"
black people can't be prejudice,
what a crock!


Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"



SilverBuffalo is offline  
post #8 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 8:34 pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,905
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

I can't attest to the state of your cleanliness, so the "dirty" part is definitely questionable. But the racist part ... yea, there's little doubt about that. (How's that for a broad brush?!?!)
messenger13 is offline  
post #9 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 9:26 pm
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 713
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

?? OK,, is it against the law to be racist?? Or is this one of those PC things...

And what if I just don't like you,,, What class does that fall in??? ........................ Pete
petepeterson is offline  
post #10 of 77 Old Oct 4th, 2008, 9:58 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Savannah, GA, USA
Posts: 1,893
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by petepeterson
And what if I just don't like you,,, What class does that fall in??? ........................ Pete
That depends... If I am white, then you are justified. If I am of a "minority" then you are a dirty racist because it is obvious that the ONLY reason you don't like me is because of my race.
The view today seems to be that if I am a minority and am not getting my way it is because everyone is a racist.
Morley is offline  
post #11 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 12:04 am
Senior Member
 
Lee510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newton, NC, USA
Posts: 2,303
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

I have two uncles and an aunt by blood, not marriage, who are what one would call "yellow dog democrats". They would vote for a yellow dog if he were the only democrat running. They are conservative, but won't ever vote republican. Lincoln was a republican and started the War of Northern Aggression. This still runs DEEP in the old south. During the Primaries, my older uncle wouldn't vote for Hillary or Obama. He swore he wasn't going to vote. The younger uncle and my aunt weren't supporters of either candidate, but I think they held their noses and pulled the lever. I didn't ask for who. They wouldn't have told me. I guess if all that makes them racists or members of the He-Man Woman Haters Club, then so be it. It isn't PC. It's a fact of life and it goes both ways.

I'm not voting for Obama because he's a Socialist. I'm holding my nose and voting for McCain.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
Lee510 is offline  
post #12 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 1:15 am
Senior Member
 
sparky_k1200lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fredericksburg, VA, USA
Posts: 217
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
I don't like the prospect of skyrocketing taxes
Latest radio ad here says McCain will push for taxing health insurance coverage from your employer...meaning if your employer covers any part of your health insurance, you will be taxed for that amount as income, and the remainder you pay with *after tax* dollars.

Factcheck and
AFLCIO

Now, my family coverage costs $13000, and I pay $3700 of that *pre*-tax
With new proposal, I'd get $5000 tax credit, leaving me to pay $8000 *after* tax to get same coverage. We all know that costs won't just drop 40-50% to make the difference "a wash for most workers"

So, with this new McCain proposal, sure I will be paying *less* taxes, but overall I'd have *less* in my pocket after paying for my health insurance. About $6000/yr less in my pocket.

Gee...until I just did that math, I thought it was a good idea.

...Bob
2001 K1200LT der LadungsTräger
1978 GL1000
sparky_k1200lt is offline  
post #13 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 3:36 am
Senior Member
 
BecketMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 3,522
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Anyone ever point out that the President does not initiate Health Care legislation? It doesn't matter which party they are part of, it is Congress that sends proposals to the President.

It was Congress that said it was a great idea for all Americans that business could deduct health care costs and people who received them wouldn't have to pay taxes on the benefits they received.

Couple that with socialized medicine where the uninsured pay 2-3 times what insured people pay to compensate for people who can't afford any medical expenses.

Great national health care systems--wait 8 hours at the hospital to get admitted; need to get admitted to an ER, better be taken there by ambulance, cause if somebody takes you there, you'll wait 2-6 hours to be seen. Need help during nurse change over, it only takes an hour. Come out of an operation two hours after the nurses give out meds and instead of getting your pain meds once every 4 hours, as proscribed, you'll wait 6 hours so that you're on the nurse's schedule.

Get sent home from the hospital with wrong prescriptions because the nurse didn't stumble across the changes the doctor made while you were there? Have to pay for them your self and then buy the correct ones cause you don't have insurance? Too bad! Did the ER doc order 1K$ of tests that turn out negative that weren't related to what you were being treated for, with out talking to you. Too bad! Pay up and take the hospital to small claims court (they blame the doctor who doesn't work for the hospital) or else your credit score indicates you don't pay your bills and then you get to pay more for any loans you need.

Makes perfect sense to me. Let's spend Billions and Billions on the health and welfare for foreign governments, Billions for Ear Marks, and Billions bailing out people living in hurricane and flood areas before we spend one "red" cent on the health of Americans.

Just remember when they start hollerin how the world will come to an end with government health care, they all have government health care.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
BecketMa is offline  
post #14 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:46 am
Senior Member
 
pkpr1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ringgold, GA, USA
Posts: 3,696
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Jeff, I think the racist was the one who left the shop "abruptly" yesterday.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pkpr1998 is offline  
post #15 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:49 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
I was at the shop this afternoon, and we got to talking politics. The bailout was a big topic, as well as the debates. Most the guys still like Palin because she's quite the MILF. We were talking about what we liked and disliked about each of the respective candidates. While I'm not happy with either choice, I don't like the prospect of skyrocketing taxes for pie in the sky programs, lax enforcement of immigration law, and basically having someone in the office of President that would be a "rubber stamp" for any bill Ms. Pelosi puts in front of him.

There was a person in the showroom about 10 feet away that came up to me and said I was a "dirty racist". We were all a bit stunned by it. He went into a tirade of how Obama is so great (messiah complex) and how I didn't support him because I was a racist. He said my term "rubber stamp" was an offensive reference to slavery and how I was just another redneck racist. Wow. Before I could really say anything, this person huffed off and left the shop.

Is "rubber stamp" some secret code for a racist remark and I'm just ignorant of that, or was that person just crazy?
No question, the guy is crazy... but I'm wondering about your sanity if you're willing to let the Republicans run things for another 4 to 8 years considering where the current adminisatration has taken the country in the last 8. Have you been paying attention? Also, I think your characterization of Obama is way off base. Sounds like you've been actually believing the McCain campaign (Karl Rove's) rhetoric rather than checking the facts. But, if that's what floats your boat, go for it.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #16 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:52 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
The sad truth is that there is an estimated 30% of the people
that will vote for Obama based on his race alone!

Of course that's alright, as we were told in "diversity training"
black people can't be prejudice,
what a crock!
"Estimated"? By whom? And what do you think the percentage is that would vote against Obama based on race alone? Not sure what your point is.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #17 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:54 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
That depends... If I am white, then you are justified. If I am of a "minority" then you are a dirty racist because it is obvious that the ONLY reason you don't like me is because of my race.
The view today seems to be that if I am a minority and am not getting my way it is because everyone is a racist.
Gee, snif, it's so tough being white in America these days.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #18 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:56 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
I have two uncles and an aunt by blood, not marriage, who are what one would call "yellow dog democrats". They would vote for a yellow dog if he were the only democrat running. They are conservative, but won't ever vote republican. Lincoln was a republican and started the War of Northern Aggression. This still runs DEEP in the old south. During the Primaries, my older uncle wouldn't vote for Hillary or Obama. He swore he wasn't going to vote. The younger uncle and my aunt weren't supporters of either candidate, but I think they held their noses and pulled the lever. I didn't ask for who. They wouldn't have told me. I guess if all that makes them racists or members of the He-Man Woman Haters Club, then so be it. It isn't PC. It's a fact of life and it goes both ways.

I'm not voting for Obama because he's a Socialist. I'm holding my nose and voting for McCain.
And what's George Bush, who just pleaded and begged and whined to have Wall Street bailed out? What does that make him if not a socialist? Puhleeze.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #19 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:58 am Thread Starter
Bouncer
 
eljeffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Allen, TX, USA
Posts: 9,315
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
And what's George Bush, who just pleaded and begged and whined to have Wall Street bailed out? What does that make him if not a socialist? Puhleeze.
George Bush has failed what the Republican party has stood for and should be banished from the party.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
El Jeffe
Plano, TX
'06 K1200GT Crystal Grey
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

__________________

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eljeffe is offline  
post #20 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 7:07 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
George Bush has failed what the Republican party has stood for and should be banished from the party.
I think George Bush failed at what America has stood for. Now all of a sudden the Republicans, who went along with him on just about everything for the last eight years, want to banish him...just in time for the election? Cool move. I think it's a little too late. But who knows, maybe the next Republican will be better.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #21 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 7:10 am Thread Starter
Bouncer
 
eljeffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Allen, TX, USA
Posts: 9,315
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
I think George Bush failed at what America has stood for. Now all of a sudden the Republicans, who went along with him on just about everything for the last eight years, want to banish him...just in time for the election? Cool move. I think it's a little too late. But who knows, maybe the next Republican will be better.
I wouldn't say 8 years. The last 3 for sure. Especially the last 2. Almost surreal.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
El Jeffe
Plano, TX
'06 K1200GT Crystal Grey
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

__________________

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eljeffe is offline  
post #22 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 8:08 am
Senior Member
 
DarkMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 371
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
"Estimated"? By whom? And what do you think the percentage is that would vote against Obama based on race alone? Not sure what your point is.
It is a known fact that 68% of all statistics quoted in a discussion are made up on the spot.
DarkMeister is offline  
post #23 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 9:03 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMeister
It is a known fact that 68% of all statistics quoted in a discussion are made up on the spot.
LOL. I guess that puts us all in the same category as most politicians.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #24 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:17 am
Senior Member
 
donsobeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Elk Grove Village, Il, USA
Posts: 393
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

It sure is nice to see how many people don'T squat on how THIS country government is put together and ran, try reading the CONSTITUTION.

DON
donsobeck is offline  
post #25 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:49 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MARCO ISLAND, FL, W. NC USA
Posts: 1,178
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
"Estimated"? By whom? And what do you think the percentage is that would vote against Obama based on race alone? Not sure what your point is.
My understanding is that 95% of blacks will vote for "Obama" because he is 50% black (or at least 50% white?)...now THAT is racist!!!!

Furthermore, you dem's have control of both houses and would/ will not get anything positive done......perhaps to intentionally make everything doom and gloom to improve the dem’s chances of winning? That is trribly sad and unpatriotic.

Also, check the history of what party and persons PUSHED for Fanny and Freddy, FORCING banks to make loans to people that had NO WAY of paying, check it out, or keep your blinders on. Preferential treatement? I think THAT is racist.


Obama truly is a two faced & well spoken professional politician, and in my opinion a socialist and very, very, bad man.

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SmokinJoe; Oct 5th, 2008 at 10:58 am.
SmokinJoe is offline  
post #26 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 11:09 am
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 609
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
George Bush has failed what the Republican party has stood for and should be banished from the party.

Aye to this vote!!!
Mike
shadowofshoe is offline  
post #27 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 11:34 am
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
My understanding is that 95% of blacks will vote for "Obama" because he is 50% black (or at least 50% white?)...now THAT is racist!!!!

Furthermore, you dem's have control of both houses and would/ will not get anything positive done......perhaps to intentionally make everything doom and gloom to improve the dem’s chances of winning? That is trribly sad and unpatriotic.

Also, check the history of what party and persons PUSHED for Fanny and Freddy, FORCING banks to make loans to people that had NO WAY of paying, check it out, or keep your blinders on. Preferential treatement? I think THAT is racist.


Obama truly is a two faced & well spoken professional politician, and in my opinion a socialist and very, very, bad man.
"Your understanding is?" Wow, that sounds factual. And if you're not into voting for two faced politicians, I don't think you're going to find much relief by voting for McCain. As for blinders, I would suggest yours must have been on for the past 8 years if you want more of the same. Good luck.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #28 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 11:51 am
Senior Member
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Snellville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,424
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Red hair and an Irish last name, sounds like he got it right to me.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Steve_R is offline  
post #29 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 12:12 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MARCO ISLAND, FL, W. NC USA
Posts: 1,178
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
"Your understanding is?" Wow, that sounds factual. And if you're not into voting for two faced politicians, I don't think you're going to find much relief by voting for McCain. As for blinders, I would suggest yours must have been on for the past 8 years if you want more of the same. Good luck.
There is no magnitude of facts, data, or proof that could educate a stubborn cuss like you. Typical, ignore the facts and dance around them, ignored the Fanny-Freddy comments…...
You make your own luck, who will you then blame?

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SmokinJoe is offline  
post #30 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 12:19 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
DanMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fulshear, TX, USA
Posts: 2,082
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
There is no magnitude of facts, data, or proof that could educate a stubborn cuss like you. Typical, ignore the facts and dance around them, ignored the Fanny-Freddy comments…...
You make your own luck, who will you then blame?
I agree completely.
DanMartin is offline  
post #31 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 12:35 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
ErnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukie, OR, USA
Posts: 2,333
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Is "rubber stamp" some secret code for a racist remark and I'm just ignorant of that, or was that person just crazy?
Crazy... Like a fox. You haven't seen anything yet. The next few weeks should prove quite interesting. On "Meet The Press" this AM there was quite a segment about negative campaigning "tearing the country apart" without coming out and dropping the "R" word. It is on everyone's mind whether or not people want to admit it.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ErnieA is offline  
post #32 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 4:35 pm
Senior Member
 
Triple Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Posts: 212
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
The sad truth is that there is an estimated 30% of the people
that will vote for Obama based on his race alone!

Of course that's alright, as we were told in "diversity training"
black people can't be prejudice,
what a crock!
First things first, I don't know if the originally poster is racist, but for him, don't worry about what people call you, if you are you are, and if you're not you're not. It's more important if you know where you stand, good, bad or indifferent.

30% of people would not vote for Obama just because he's Black, What an ignorant statement. If being Black was a formula for being President we would have way more Black candidates and and at least one Black President by now, so sorry but not true.

However, it is true that Black people can be racist too (imagine that), how dare they.

Michael

Last edited by Vffr1; Oct 5th, 2008 at 4:47 pm.
Triple Threat is offline  
post #33 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 4:48 pm
Senior Member
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Trabuco Canyon, CA, USA
Posts: 624
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vffr1
However, it is true that Black people can be racist too (imagine that) let me know when you find a race of people that are not racist.
I think there is one race that isn't racist, but then again, dead people don't have much of an opinion about anything.

Tim Barstow

2004 GSA Silver
2007 X Challenge
tbarstow is offline  
post #34 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 5:03 pm
Senior Member
 
Triple Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Posts: 212
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
My understanding is that 95% of blacks will vote for "Obama" because he is 50% black (or at least 50% white?)...now THAT is racist!!!!
Actually, that's not true, since many Blacks don't identlfy with Obama, it's more like 70% (that's via the media).

Fact: In the past 100% of Whites have voted for a White Presidents, I guess it's okay for certain group to vote a particular way but not for another.

Michael

PS. Where you sit has everything to do with where you stand.

Last edited by Vffr1; Oct 5th, 2008 at 6:03 pm.
Triple Threat is offline  
post #35 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 6:17 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 466
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vffr1
Actually, that's not true, since many Blacks don't identlfy with Obama, it's more like 70% (that's via the media).

Fact: In the past 100% of Whites have voted for a White Presidents, I guess it's okay for certain group to vote a particular way but not for another.

Michael

PS. Where you sit has everything to do with where you stand.
Not exactly fact, I voted for Lenora Fulani of the New Alliance Party in 1988. She was on the ballot in all 50 states. Also, I believe John Kerry got about 88% of the Black vote in 2004.

Dale White

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
— Charles Bukowski
desertlizard is offline  
post #36 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 7:05 pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,905
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMeister
It is a known fact that 68% of all statistics quoted in a discussion are made up on the spot.
I'm pretty sure that the actually figure is more like 63%.
messenger13 is offline  
post #37 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 8:10 pm
Senior Member
 
gunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kings Mountain, NC, USA
Posts: 3,089
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Wait a minute now. Obama's father was 1/4 black and 3/4 arab. That makes him 1/2 white, 1/8 black and the rest arab.

Part that troubles me is what he wrote in his book about standing with his muslim brothers.

B D R
gunny is offline  
post #38 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 8:23 pm
Senior Member
 
gpolakow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fairfield, IA, USA
Posts: 1,369
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
There is no magnitude of facts, data, or proof that could educate a stubborn cuss like you. Typical, ignore the facts and dance around them, ignored the Fanny-Freddy comments…...
You make your own luck, who will you then blame?
You have no magnitude of facts...you just don't pay attention.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gpolakow is offline  
post #39 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 8:26 pm
Senior Member
 
kevincook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tully (near Syracuse), NY, USA
Posts: 714
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Bob,

You don't understand the policy correctly. You will be better off. If you're in the 28% tax bracket the tax credit will offset approximately $18,000 in income, the 33% bracket would be $15,000 in income.

Since your insurance cost $13,000 and your already paying part of that you wouldn't get the whole $5,000 as a tax credit but you would still get about $2,800 as a credit. That is like getting the last $10,000 of your income Tax Free.

I'm not saying I agree with the program but everyone should at least make sure they understand what they are voting for or against.

Kevin




Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_k1200lt
Latest radio ad here says McCain will push for taxing health insurance coverage from your employer...meaning if your employer covers any part of your health insurance, you will be taxed for that amount as income, and the remainder you pay with *after tax* dollars.

Factcheck and
AFLCIO

Now, my family coverage costs $13000, and I pay $3700 of that *pre*-tax
With new proposal, I'd get $5000 tax credit, leaving me to pay $8000 *after* tax to get same coverage. We all know that costs won't just drop 40-50% to make the difference "a wash for most workers"

So, with this new McCain proposal, sure I will be paying *less* taxes, but overall I'd have *less* in my pocket after paying for my health insurance. About $6000/yr less in my pocket.

Gee...until I just did that math, I thought it was a good idea.

1999 K1200LT, patiently waiting for a new model.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Slave Cylinder Procedure->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kevincook is offline  
post #40 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 8:34 pm
Senior Member
 
Triple Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Posts: 212
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I'm pretty sure that the actually figure is more like 63%.
Correct it is more like 63%, but that only works 50% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertlizard
Not exactly fact, I voted for Lenora Fulani of the New Alliance Party in 1988. She was on the ballot in all 50 states. Also, I believe John Kerry got about 88% of the Black vote in 2004.

Dale White
Mr. White,

I should of said 100% were "elected" not voted. Hopefully you got my point.

Michael

Michael
Triple Threat is offline  
post #41 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 8:45 pm
Senior Member
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside New Braunfels , TX, USA
Posts: 13,451
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Wait a minute now. Obama's father was 1/4 black and 3/4 arab. That makes him 1/2 white, 1/8 black and the rest arab.

Part that troubles me is what he wrote in his book about standing with his muslim brothers.
The Muslim's that I've met have been peace loving, nice folks. My problem with Obama is he's 100% politician.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grifscoots is offline  
post #42 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 9:48 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 466
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vffr1


Mr. White,

I should of said 100% were "elected" not voted. Hopefully you got my point.

Michael

Michael
Hi Michael,

Since Ms. Fulani got only about .2 percent of the vote, at least 99.8% voted white. That surely rounds to 100%. And yes I did get your point. I was just playing a bit with the word fact.

I am a little confused on the percentages thrown around here, and this is not directed at you. If 88% and 90% of the black vote went to the Democrats the last two elections, and possibly only 70% going to Obama, how is that black people being racist? I would think it would be at least 90% simply due to political party history.

Dale White

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
— Charles Bukowski
desertlizard is offline  
post #43 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:11 pm
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
I was at the shop this afternoon, and we got to talking politics. The bailout was a big topic, as well as the debates. Most the guys still like Palin because she's quite the MILF. We were talking about what we liked and disliked about each of the respective candidates. While I'm not happy with either choice, I don't like the prospect of skyrocketing taxes for pie in the sky programs, lax enforcement of immigration law, and basically having someone in the office of President that would be a "rubber stamp" for any bill Ms. Pelosi puts in front of him.

There was a person in the showroom about 10 feet away that came up to me and said I was a "dirty racist". We were all a bit stunned by it. He went into a tirade of how Obama is so great (messiah complex) and how I didn't support him because I was a racist. He said my term "rubber stamp" was an offensive reference to slavery and how I was just another redneck racist. Wow. Before I could really say anything, this person huffed off and left the shop.

Is "rubber stamp" some secret code for a racist remark and I'm just ignorant of that, or was that person just crazy?
That's funny, I was just reading about this on another site: HERE So I guess, yeah, you're a flaming racist afterall! (along with a WHOOOLE bunch of us )

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #44 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:22 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 107
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

You used the term "Rubber Stamp" and asked if that indeed makes you a "Dirty Racist."



1. Used phrase "Rubber Stamp."

2. Rubber is made from petroleum.

3. Petroleum is made from oil.

4. Oil is BLACK.

5. eljeffe is a racist.


end of thread.
trainingwheelz is offline  
post #45 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:26 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer
 
eljeffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Allen, TX, USA
Posts: 9,315
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

I think that's the stretch this person was making. Because there's no way I could understand how "rubber stamp" would have any racially charged meaning.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
El Jeffe
Plano, TX
'06 K1200GT Crystal Grey
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

__________________

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eljeffe is offline  
post #46 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Gee, snif, it's so tough being white in America these days.
You know, this is a rather racist comment in and of itself when you take a moment to think about it.
Just an FYI, but although as a percentage, fewer whites are living below poverty in the U.S., the overall number is BY FAR higher than either Blacks or Hispanics. (at least the legal ones) It is also true that when you look at Welfare recipients, there are more Whites collecting benefits than non-Whites. It's also interesting that Asians are such a small percentage - and actually are the highest income earners in America now.
I think it's very insensitive when you allow your political positions to "color" (pun intended ) your views on race and racism. To judge, or in this case marginalize, people like you have in this post, is wrong, regardless of what color skin they have - the definition of racism.

Info on Poverty
Info on Welfare

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #47 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:49 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 107
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Had you not bathed that day? Worked on the scoot before going to the shop?

Racist, ok, but calling you dirty, too?

Normally I don't mind being called dirty by women, as long as it's not followed by the sharp sting of a face slap...


You petroleum-distillate stamper-hater.


trainingwheelz is offline  
post #48 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 11:02 pm
Senior Member
 
Triple Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Posts: 212
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertlizard
Hi Michael,
....If 88% and 90% of the black vote went to the Democrats the last two elections, and possibly only 70% going to Obama, how is that black people being racist?.....

Dale White
Did you take the Palin vote into account? Maybe they like her, she is cute (okay that's funny).

Michael

PS. If I understand your question, I don't know nor did I think that was being racist.

Last edited by Vffr1; Oct 5th, 2008 at 11:07 pm.
Triple Threat is offline  
post #49 of 77 Old Oct 5th, 2008, 11:19 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 107
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

trainingwheelz is offline  
post #50 of 77 Old Oct 6th, 2008, 1:01 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: I was called a dirty racist today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
....There was a person in the showroom about 10 feet away that came up to me and said I was a "dirty racist"....
If Mr ultra-liberal drama king would have taken a second to check all the emotion, he would have realized that it's IMPOSSIBLE to be a racist when you HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
....I'm wondering about your sanity if you're willing to let the Republicans run things for another 4 to 8 years considering where the current adminisatration has taken the country in the last 8. Have you been paying attention? Also, I think your characterization of Obama is way off base....
I think his characterization of "THE Messiah" is spot on! Not that, after this week, with McSenile's ENDORSEMENT and "The Evil W's" signing of OVER ONE TRILLION DOLLARS in WORTHLESS PORK, it makes a shit bit of difference!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
And what's George Bush, who just pleaded and begged and whined to have Wall Street bailed out? What does that make him if not a socialist? Puhleeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
George Bush has failed what the Republican party has stood for and should be banished from the party.
Yeah Greg, you called it. Between McSenile's support and "The Evil W's" signing of this WORTHLESS PoS pork bill, I really do not know who the bigger/biggest socialist is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsobeck
It sure is nice to see how many people don'T squat on how THIS country government is put together and ran, try reading the CONSTITUTION.
Constitution? Does anyone know what he is talking about, here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincook
....You don't understand the policy correctly. You will be better off. If you're in the 28% tax bracket the tax credit will offset approximately $18,000 in income, the 33% bracket would be $15,000 in income.

Since your insurance cost $13,000 and your already paying part of that you wouldn't get the whole $5,000 as a tax credit but you would still get about $2,800 as a credit. That is like getting the last $10,000 of your income Tax Free....
As near as I can figure it Kevin, with my extremely micro-brain, your summation is accurate and McSenile's plan would be beneficial. BUT, that is not the point. The point is that a REAL MAVERICK would support ELIMINATION of the tax code and with it, all this socialist engineering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
....Obama's father was 1/4 black and 3/4 arab. That makes him 1/2 white, 1/8 black and the rest arab....
I don't get all this talk of race. We've already had our first black president, anyway (Slick Willie).

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Sided my CLC today JPSpen Bike Talk 23 Sep 1st, 2008 7:53 pm
American scene of today. bigbear Chit Chat 5 Jul 30th, 2008 8:25 pm
My car broke down today JPSpen Humor 2 Jun 11th, 2008 8:25 pm
If it were only this way today. lnowell Chit Chat 13 Feb 11th, 2008 2:09 pm
KLT test ride today Effjay K1200LT 4 Apr 22nd, 2007 5:39 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome