How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 9:19 am Thread Starter

Question How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking!

Is she on a power trip or just plain stupid?

"Although 73 percent of Americans favor offshore drilling, Speaker Nancy Pelosi won't allow the House of Representatives to vote on the Republican bill to lift the drilling ban. In a recent CNN interview, Pelosi said she has "no plans" to schedule a vote on it because she opposes drilling in "protected areas." She is contradicting the pledge she made in 2007 at her swearing-in as speaker: "I accept this gavel in the spirit of partnership, not partisanship, and I look forward to working with you, [Minority Leader John] Boehner, and the Republicans in Congress for the good of the American people." What's her excuse for her recent stand? The Politico reported last week that she said, "When you win an election, you win the majority, and what is the power of the speaker? To set the agenda, the power of recognition, and I am not giving the gavel away to anyone."

While this important legislation stalls in the House, the speaker is traveling the country to promote her new memoir, Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters (Doubleday, $23.95). Last Monday she appeared on Today, The View, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. She's visiting bookstores nationwide. At this point the book seems to be tanking. Know Your Power is short--both in length and substance. In just over 170 pages with large print and wide margins, Pelosi races through her journey "from homemaker to House Speaker." She chronicles her childhood in Baltimore as the daughter of Democratic congressman and mayor "

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/387hgthz.asp

She must have some kind of crystal ball and a degree in economics!

From her own web site:
"Republicans in Washington only offer more drilling—even though 68 million acres of federal oil reserves are already open and leased for development, but oil companies have decided it’s not worth the money to drill there. New drilling won’t lower prices for years to come. Drilling in the pristine Alaskan Wildlife Refuge wouldn’t yield any oil for 10 years—and in 22 years would only save consumers about 2 cents a gallon. Even John McCain won’t drill there."
http://speaker.gov/issues?id=0010

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:13 am

Smile Re: How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking!

On offshore drilling consider:

1. The United States does not have enough oil to drill its way out of the problem. Even Pickens indicates that in his add. It would help to have more drilling and refining going on now as that would increase the currant supply of oil. That hasn't happened not because of democrats or envirementalists but because oil companies spend only a small percentage of profits on a search for oil or refing capacity.

2. It that is true what is going on with this issue. The oil companies have 68 million acres under lease for drilling. Not much actual drilling though. I guess it never hurts to have more (greed) and this may be the last administration that will take their side in the debate. So lets tie up as much drilling rights as possible now.

3. enviremental laws are sometime inconvenient. Everyone likes the goals but no one likes the costs. If we are to have inconvenient standards they should be fairly difficult to change otherwise there is no point.

Karl
post #3 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:16 am

Re: How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking!

Let me start out by saying that I have no political affiliation one way or the other.

The Dems were all elected under the premise of changing things and making things better for us, but have they really done anything? Not that I can tell. Have they pulled the troops out of Iraq? Nope, and that was their big campaign point.

Now, on the drilling thing. Ok, so will be 10 yrs (doubtful it'll be that long) before we see any affect at the pump from any drilling we start now. I think it's great that the politicians that say this have a crystal ball and can tell that the price of gas will be what it is now by then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:54 am

In Eastern Colorado and Southwest Nebraska they are drilling with every rig that is available! I know because I haul drilling pipe to the sites. Both Oil and Nat. gas.
Takes them 24 hrs to drill a Nat. gas well, around 4000ft., a new well every day..... usually 1 one on every 40 acres.
Then it takes 8 days to go on line.
I don't believe it when they say drilling will not help.
little_jake
post #5 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 11:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocanpickem

1. The United States does not have enough oil to drill its way out of the problem. Even Pickens indicates that in his add. It would help to have more drilling and refining going on now as that would increase the currant supply of oil. That hasn't happened not because of democrats or envirementalists but because oil companies spend only a small percentage of profits on a search for oil or refing capacity.

2. It that is true what is going on with this issue. The oil companies have 68 million acres under lease for drilling. Not much actual drilling though. I guess it never hurts to have more (greed) and this may be the last administration that will take their side in the debate. So lets tie up as much drilling rights as possible now.

3. enviremental laws are sometime inconvenient. Everyone likes the goals but no one likes the costs. If we are to have inconvenient standards they should be fairly difficult to change otherwise there is no point.

Karl
Blah blah blah.....Pretty sure the economy would benefit immediately from the increased activity(machinist,welders,labors engineers,etc. etc.) Just the mere mention of drilling brought down pump prices(which I would not have imagined) We might not drill our way out of this "problem" but, we can become more energy independent while sustaining our economy/way of life...yeah???

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #6 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad
Now, on the drilling thing. Ok, so will be 10 yrs (doubtful it'll be that long) before we see any affect at the pump from any drilling we start now. I think it's great that the politicians that say this have a crystal ball and can tell that the price of gas will be what it is now by then.
Actually, the effect would be immediate. Price isn't just driven by current supply and demand, it's driven by expectations of future supply and demand. The fact that the supply will increase in the future will affect current futures contracts (you know, those evil speculators the government wants to try and divert blame to), and that will immediately effect prices. The Mises Institute had an article on this that I think makes sense.

If I was an oil company that didn't own any rights to said oil fields, I'd be supporting the ban too. It's all just business, the dirty kind that includes politicos. Neither major party has a lock on this.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #7 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 1:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocanpickem

1. oil companies spend only a small percentage of profits on a search for oil or refing capacity.

Karl
Karl,
Exxon/Mobil spent 12.5 billion on capital &exploration the first 1/2 of this year alone. The greedy Exxon/Mobil paid 61.7 billion in taxes the first 1/2 of this year. Taxes that went to the government, the same government that hinders drilling where the oil is! I would rather see that money go into building more rigs. Not all wells are drilled by "Big Oil". There are thousands of wildcaters and independents out there.
Put the incentive of future profits on the table and big oil and little oil will find the oil and build refineries. All this talk of taking ten years to bring all this on line is BS.
Remember the Kuwait oil well fires? The experts were telling us that it would take three years to extinguish these well fires, well they were out in eight months.
Give our people an incentive and we can accomplish much!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
post #8 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by norriscooper
Is she on a power trip or just plain stupid?

"Although 73 percent of Americans favor offshore drilling, Speaker Nancy Pelosi won't allow the House of Representatives to vote on the Republican bill to lift the drilling ban. In a recent CNN interview, Pelosi said she has "no plans" to schedule a vote on it because she opposes drilling in "protected areas." She is contradicting the pledge she made in 2007 at her swearing-in as speaker: "I accept this gavel in the spirit of partnership, not partisanship, and I look forward to working with you, [Minority Leader John] Boehner, and the Republicans in Congress for the good of the American people." What's her excuse for her recent stand? The Politico reported last week that she said, "When you win an election, you win the majority, and what is the power of the speaker? To set the agenda, the power of recognition, and I am not giving the gavel away to anyone."

While this important legislation stalls in the House, the speaker is traveling the country to promote her new memoir, Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters (Doubleday, $23.95). Last Monday she appeared on Today, The View, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. She's visiting bookstores nationwide. At this point the book seems to be tanking. Know Your Power is short--both in length and substance. In just over 170 pages with large print and wide margins, Pelosi races through her journey "from homemaker to House Speaker." She chronicles her childhood in Baltimore as the daughter of Democratic congressman and mayor "

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/387hgthz.asp

She must have some kind of crystal ball and a degree in economics!

From her own web site:
"Republicans in Washington only offer more drilling—even though 68 million acres of federal oil reserves are already open and leased for development, but oil companies have decided it’s not worth the money to drill there. New drilling won’t lower prices for years to come. Drilling in the pristine Alaskan Wildlife Refuge wouldn’t yield any oil for 10 years—and in 22 years would only save consumers about 2 cents a gallon. Even John McCain won’t drill there."
http://speaker.gov/issues?id=0010
With Oil King George in office it does not matter how much we drill; the money will still flow in the same direction. Dont expect any change from McCain or Obama as they are two sides of the same conservative theocratic coin that only supports the elites.
post #9 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 2:58 pm Thread Starter

Talking Re: How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin
With Oil King George in office it does not matter how much we drill; the money will still flow in the same direction. Dont expect any change from McCain or Obama as they are two sides of the same conservative theocratic coin that only supports the elites.
Oisin,
And your solution is ??????

"conservative theocratic" ? Expand on that a little.

Oil Kings keep my motorcycles on the road. Who drills for and refines your oil?

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #10 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 3:08 pm

No reply. I suspect that your comments are a fly on the water to get a rise out of some Liberal.
post #11 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 3:37 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude
No reply. I suspect that your comments are a fly on the water to get a rise out of some Liberal.
But Bill a no reply is a reply!

I am just a small businessman tired of both conservatives and liberals flapping their jaws and doing nothing (and still getting re elected). It's the old lead, follow, or get the fook out of the way!
This country has many resources, let's use them!
And let's get started now!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #12 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 4:46 pm

I agree with you Morris. I think one of the problems facing this nation is the power of special interests over our legislators. I fear that the people are losing any political power that they once wielded. But what can we do?

I have noticed from your past posts that you live in the Flint Hills. I attended Kansas State University, at Manhattan and loved the area and the people. You mentioned that you have a large ranch. I guess we share common ground there, my dad had a dry farm in Northern Utah and I loved working the land and the solitude it provided. There is something soul salving in working the soil.

Walking-Dude.
post #13 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Quote:
Oisin,
And your solution is ??????

"conservative theocratic" ? Expand on that a little.

Oil Kings keep my motorcycles on the road. Who drills for and refines your oil?

I'd like to see a second party evolve in the U.S.

There is not enough latitude in this thread to explain our "conservative theocratic" elite form of Government. Most Americans are unaware of this ideology because they were indoctrinated into the system of mass people management in the K through 5 years of their schooling.

Oil Kings, sadly are a way of life in the modern world. Yes, I am partly responsible for their rise to power. I'm just sad that this country that I love, has lost the freedoms that past generations of Americans fought and died for.
post #14 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 6:02 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude
I agree with you Morris. I think one of the problems facing this nation is the power of special interests over our legislators. I fear that the people are losing any political power that they once wielded. But what can we do?

I have noticed from your past posts that you live in the Flint Hills. I attended Kansas State University, at Manhattan and loved the area and the people. You mentioned that you have a large ranch. I guess we share common ground there, my dad had a dry farm in Northern Utah and I loved working the land and the solitude it provided. There is something soul salving in working the soil.

Walking-Dude.
What would really help are term limits on all politicians. I got pissed at some of the local good-old-boy politics so I ran for office, won, did my thing, and moved on --- literally! I might have to run again! http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36187

I don't live on the ranch, I live on the edge, of Wichita that is. The ranch is 55 miles southeast of here in the southern Flint Hills.

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #15 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 6:13 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Oil Kings, sadly are a way of life in the modern world. .
"It's good to be King" Mel Brooks, History of the World.

I remember the oil booms of the seventies. The oil kings spent money on things like RR or Eldos with long horns on the hood, big mansions, jets, tall buildings, and Rolex's. Twice burn't, this time they are being a little more cautious!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #16 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Quote:
This country has many resources, let's use them!
And let's get started now!
Great! Can we start with the 'human' resources? I'd like to see the manufacturing jobs that went off to China, Mexico, and other places brought back into this country. We're not at zero unemployment, so that means we've got people to do that work. Likewise with the IT (computer) jobs that went off to China and India. I know many IT professionals who got laid off when their jobs left the country, they're still looking for work, and its they've been out of work so long, they're no longer counted in unemployment statistics.

...Bob
2001 K1200LT der LadungsTräger
1978 GL1000
post #17 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_k1200lt
Great! Can we start with the 'human' resources? I'd like to see the manufacturing jobs that went off to China, Mexico, and other places brought back into this country. We're not at zero unemployment, so that means we've got people to do that work. Likewise with the IT (computer) jobs that went off to China and India. I know many IT professionals who got laid off when their jobs left the country, they're still looking for work, and its they've been out of work so long, they're no longer counted in unemployment statistics.
The jobs will come back when Americans are willing to compete in the global labor marketplace. Right now the playing field is not level, so there is minimal incentive for the elite corporate governorship to appease the working class.
post #18 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 7:02 pm
Rider Journeyman

The United States House of Representatives, as this body is the branch that creates laws, controls taxes and spends the money, it is the most powerful body (notwithstanding that the Senate must acquiesce) of our system government.

Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker, by the rules of the House (essentially agreed to by both parties), controls all appointments to committees and the schedule of the House, among other things. The position as it is currently structured make her the most powerful individual within the most powerful segment of the entire government.

Some might say that the president has a bit more power, but if he wants to "blow something up" he has to ask the Speaker for money to buy the bombs.

What makes this Speaker of the House so annoying to the vast majority of the population, whether they know the details or not, is that Nancy Pelosi was elected by roughly 110 thousand people, representing about 600 thousand of the most liberal constituency in the country, the city of San Francisco, and she can now tell the other 300 MILLION of us to "go pound sand" when we ask for something.

She is second in the line (after the VP) of succession to the presidency and a strong argument for protecting and exercise our second amendment rights.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #19 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 9:46 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_k1200lt
I'd like to see the manufacturing jobs that went off to China, Mexico, and other places brought back into this country.
I know many IT professionals who got laid off when their jobs left the country, they're still looking for work,
If they know how to buck rivets or cut carbon fiber they might come to Wichita. Down the street from me is the Beech aircraft factory. They went on strike this morning. Scabs needed!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #20 of 62 Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:39 pm

Garage

Tick tick, how much longer before this thread is locked?

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #21 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 1:42 am

Quote:
If they know how to buck rivets or cut carbon fiber they might come to Wichita. Down the street from me is the Beech aircraft factory. They went on strike this morning. Scabs needed!
I do both! How much are they paying?
post #22 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 6:43 am

To get back on the subject. US voters do not put Nancy Pelosi in office. The loons in California do. In fact, we all put our own State elected officials in office and I an not voting for a single incumbent this upcoming election. If you are not happy with your loon, I suggest you do the same.

The Registered Independent

Ultra LT
post #23 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 7:59 am

I am wondering why the USA is exporting oil if they so feel the need for it at home?

The US oil export is :

United States 1,048,000 (bbl/day)
http://indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?c=us&v=95

Import is:

United States 13,150,000 (bbl/day)

2003 K1200LTE Impala Brown
1991 Kawazaki 1000 LTD US 1983 (sold)
1987 Suzuki GSX 1100 1982 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GS 650 LTD 1982 (sold)
1979 3xKawazaki z 100 lt 1979 (sold)
1979 Vespa 50 Scooter 1968 (Given away)

Member of BMW Mottorrad club of Norway
Member Senior MC, Norway
Supporting Member (BMWLT.com)

Last edited by paalao; Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:07 am.
post #24 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 8:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalao
I am wondering why the USA is exporting oil if they so feel the need for it at home?

The US oil export is :

United States 1,048,000 (barrels a day!)
http://indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?c=us&v=95
I believe that oil is from Alaska. My understanding is we export to Japan (Asia) and they send us barrel for barrel the sweet crude our refineries are desinged to process.

We haven't built refineries here for MANY years, so we can't use our own oil

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #25 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 8:05 am

According to the pundits the Democrats are expected to make significant gains in the House and Senate this Nov. It just baffles me how they can say this when the House has a lower approval rating than Bush ( 22% - 35% ) why in the hell would we want to send more of the same liberal idiots to Washington.

These elitists don't give a darn about the middle class only their Progressive Liberal agenda even if it sends the country down the tubes and us with it--- they don't care !!!

Obviously Pelosi and her crowd think all Americans have A$#@%SS HOLE writen on our foreheads.

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

post #26 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 9:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by patroa1
According to the pundits the Democrats are expected to make significant gains in the House and Senate this Nov. It just baffles me how they can say this when the House has a lower approval rating than Bush ( 22% - 35% ) why in the hell would we want to send more of the same liberal idiots to Washington.
It's hard to change without a "veto-proof" majority, and George, ( I never vetoed a bill in 6 years) Bush, has found his veto pen.

Quote:
These elitists don't give a darn about the middle class only their Progressive Liberal agenda even if it sends the country down the tubes and us with it--- they don't care !!!
These "elitists" (old republican talking point, almost as old as the demonizing of the word liberal), are the people who think working class people, should get some of the tax breaks. My salary is just over half what it was when Bush took office, yes thanks to NAFTA, signed by Clinton and sent by a republican senate & house. McSame recently said he "remains an unappoligetic supporter of NAFTA, it has created many good paying jobs"-- who's out of touch?

Quote:
Obviously Pelosi and her crowd think all Americans have A$#@%SS HOLE writen on our foreheads.
I agree, for far different reasons. She attempts to remain centrists in her politics, by refusing to do her job. That is oversight, investigate--- this country spent in excess of $75 million to ultimately find out about an affair, Don't remember thousands of deaths due to that issue.

The 10 year number to see any benefit from oil drilling, is the figure given by the oil executives when asked recently while testifying before the senate. Sorry, it's not from a crystal ball in Pelosi's possesion.

No party's elected officials are going to do things which makes everyone in their respective party happy 100% of the time. I am too poor to vote republican, based on the tax structure they choose to support. I also want the government to govern based on the constitution, not the bible, or Koran(sp?), or based on any other religious text or beliefs, so again I must avoid the GOP.
The past 7+ years have seen the number of registered lobbyists in DC triple, to over 11,000. This, to me, is a HUGE problem. I say we should not have lobbyists, ZERO, with one exception, the ones we elect to lobby for us. The people who are supposed to control the government.
I know, I ramble....so flame away.

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
post #27 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 9:40 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegottberg
I believe that oil is from Alaska. My understanding is we export to Japan (Asia) and they send us barrel for barrel the sweet crude our refineries are desinged to process.

We haven't built refineries here for MANY years, so we can't use our own oil
Yes that is Alaskan crude. There is one refinery in Alaska (owned by a Wichita based company) that refines what it needed for Alaska, the rest leaves the county but is swapped for crude closer to the West coast.

The refinery for which my son purchases crude can refine sour.

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #28 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 10:04 am

Name one instance where the present Commander in Chief governed based on the Bible. That is just so much crap.

I swear that there are lemmings everywhere- hear it on tv, it's gotta be true.

Lockdown in 3, 2, ...
post #29 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 10:24 am

This is a great video of Pelosi playing cat and mouse with Stephanopoulos on the issue of drilling.
As has been pointed out elsewhere, it almost turns into the old "who's on first?" skit. I think this is a really great video in that it really exposes how freaking OUT THERE Pelosi is, just listening to her babble you can immediately tell she's a Liberal Nutroot. The REALLY scary thing is when you stop and think about the fact that she is 3rd in line to the thro... I mean Commander In Chief.

Enjoy

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #30 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Someone PLEASE tell me one thing Congress(and congress alone ,so don't say tax breaks) has done in the last ten years or so to improve the economy or that has not not cost useless spending of tax dollars.

I am so sick of all American politicians, I firmly believe that ALL offices so be a 6 year term... then go earn a friggin living....period.

Mike
post #31 of 62 Old Aug 5th, 2008, 5:46 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
I do both! How much are they paying?
I think they make about $36,000 per year plus benefits. Their biggest complaint is that Cessna workers make a little more than they do!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #32 of 62 Old Aug 6th, 2008, 10:19 pm

PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACKPELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK PELOSI-BARACK

HMMMMM!!!!!
Mike

PELOSI-30 years as a congressperson
post #33 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 3:51 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,

Quote:
Good news, then! Flowing right into my wallet!
Same conservative coin?....Oh sweet Jesus! I can see it now: I'm the bigger Socialist! No, I am!....No, I am!....
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLT
....US voters do not put Nancy Pelosi in office. The loons in California do....
I resemble that remark! Who says Kommyfornians are "looney?"

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Last edited by jayjacobson; Aug 8th, 2008 at 4:09 am.
post #34 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowofshoe
Someone PLEASE tell me one thing Congress(and congress alone ,so don't say tax breaks) has done in the last ten years or so to improve the economy or that has not not cost useless spending of tax dollars.

I am so sick of all American politicians, I firmly believe that ALL offices so be a 6 year term... then go earn a friggin living....period.

Mike
I agree. They all suck. We pay 50% or more in taxes (income, SS, sales, etc.) and they bicker over how to cut 3% here, or 1% there, and how it's unfair to this group or a sell-out to this one. 3% out of 50%? They're so far from my values it's not worth discussing in any detail.

The US political duopoly is fundamentally broken, and it won't get better until we give up trying to fix it and just start over. How we do that is the real question, not how to try and work within a system that has evolved to try and prevent any real change, no matter how often they season their rhetoric with that word. I think Dan Carlin hit it on the head with this episode .

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #35 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Good news, then! Flowing right into my wallet!
Same conservative coin?....Oh sweet Jesus! I can see it now: I'm the bigger Socialist! No, I am!....No, I am!....

I resemble that remark! Who says Kommyfornians are "looney?"
When I finaly come visit I will bring some Socialist dust with me, I se several people here needing a good shower of it

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #36 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 1:37 pm

Quote:
Same conservative coin?....Oh sweet Jesus!
Jay,

You are spot on once again. They are both part of the elite Christian class that has run the Whitehouse throughout the history of the U.S. Nice to see that I am not the only one that can see this connection .
post #37 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Quote:
When I finaly come visit I will bring some Socialist dust with me, I se several people here needing a good shower of it
Paalo,

Actually Americans are a lot more Socialist than they want to believe. Consider our corporation run farming structure , our dependence on government to provide energy, food distribution , and modes of transportation (freeways and flying). These are but a few examples of how dependent on government we have become in the U.S. Not to mention the Industrial Military Complex which all Americans pay into to keep the word a safe place. Ironically our military is the best example of Socialism.

So you see, there is no need to bring Socialist dust this way. How about a little wake up juice for the U.S. citizens that think the free market rules.
post #38 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 2:22 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation Re: How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking!

Quote:
Actually Americans are a lot more Socialist than they want to believe. Consider our corporation run farming structure , our dependence on government to provide energy, food distribution , and modes of transportation (freeways and flying). .
Not so fast there Oisin. We don't want to totally mislead paalao, he might move over here, again!

The best road in Kansas private, built in 1956 and owned by the bond holders, Kansas Turnpike http://ksturnpike.com/index.shtml
It took less than two years to build and when the bonds were paid off it was to revert to the state. The state didn't want it as they figured out they could tax it and not have to maintain it!

In the beginning the air traffic control system was owned by the airlines, but yes the socialists took it over.

My local power company is a public corporation. I some states you can specify your provider much like the phone companies.

Corporate tomato farmers got screwed big time by the government.

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #39 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 2:39 pm

[QUOTE=norriscooper]Not so fast there Oisin. We don't want to totally mislead paalao, he might move over here, again!

QUOTE]

NAAAH!! I doubt it. Paalo likes his freedom too much.
post #40 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 4:17 pm

[QUOTE=Oisin]
Quote:
Not so fast there Oisin. We don't want to totally mislead paalao, he might move over here, again!

QUOTE]

NAAAH!! I doubt it. Paalo likes his freedom too much.
You damn right
Living in fear and keeping handguns to protect yourself is not my kind a freedom.+ I use the healtcare system off and on and here it is free. (Free as in collective tax system where everybody pay their parts)

Norris fear not, I dont think i will be moving. Unless I strike it rich and find a good sexslave I can live with.

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #41 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 5:00 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
NNNNOOOOOOOOO! Not MORE Socialist dust in Kommyfornia?!
Quote:
Jay,

You are spot on once again. They are both part of the elite Christian class that has run the Whitehouse throughout the history of the U.S. Nice to see that I am not the only one that can see this connection .
AND SAINT BHO "THE Messiah" will add a lil Muslim influence to this elite Christian class. Well at least his wife believes in assualt weapons.
Quote:
....Ironically our military is the best example of Socialism....
You know Socialism has run amuck when you can't even take a shower w/o having your nuts fried like an egg! What happened to the big government hack safety monitors?!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #42 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:01 pm

[QUOTE=paalao]
Quote:

You damn right
Living in fear and keeping handguns to protect yourself is not my kind a freedom.+ I use the healtcare system off and on and here it is free. (Free as in collective tax system where everybody pay their parts)

Norris fear not, I dont think i will be moving. Unless I strike it rich and find a good sexslave I can live with.
Paalo- I bet if you moved to the greatest county on the planet you would do it legally unlike millions of others who add stress to the BEST HEALTH CARE ON THE PLANET.....if you don't believe ask some poor bastard from your town who had enough money to get the finest care how his/her trip to the USA was.
Even tens of millions who have no business in America get health care -so I guess(unfortunately) we are closer to Socialism than I care to be!!!

Also currently I don't have the funds to struggle with the decision as to what COUNTRY to retire to
Go Socialism!!!- I want on the Philippine train

Moke
post #43 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:05 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
....Also currently I don't have the funds to struggle with the decision as to what COUNTRY to retire to
Go Socialism!!!- I want on the Philippine train.
No prob, Mike. Let me know when you're ready!

Last edited by jayjacobson; Aug 8th, 2008 at 10:00 pm.
post #44 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Hey All .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................Just Noticed...........500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat my shorts Socialists

Earn A Living!!!!!!!

Mike
post #45 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Quote:
No prob, Mike. Let me know when your ready!

As Always----

Thanks conductor( spelling??) Jay!!!
Just drop me off at the one place on earth Paalo finds relief

Mike
post #46 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Quote:
I think they make about $36,000 per year plus benefits. Their biggest complaint is that Cessna workers make a little more than they do!
Sorry, can't afford the pay cut. That is peanuts for an A&P.
post #47 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Paalo,

Actually Americans are a lot more Socialist than they want to believe. Consider our corporation run farming structure , our dependence on government to provide energy, food distribution , and modes of transportation (freeways and flying). These are but a few examples of how dependent on government we have become in the U.S. Not to mention the Industrial Military Complex which all Americans pay into to keep the word a safe place. Ironically our military is the best example of Socialism.
Which America are you talking about? The govt has nothing to do with providing me with electricity, Food distribution? So the govt decides who gets what food and when? (can I have some of what you are smoking?) Transportation? Since when? The FAA is in place to try to keep flying safe by imposing rules everyone has to follow. (I work with the FAA and their rules every day) "Freeways"? How so? the govt gives states some money to help maintain the interstate system, thats all. They let it up to the states to decide on speed limits and traffic laws and enforcement.
Military? Yeah, they do run that since it IS the U.S. military who else is going to run it?
Having been in the military for a long time, I don't see it as socialist, it just has benefits such as free medical & dental, free housing, lower cost food and other items. Since the military doesn't pay overly well, they have those other benefits to compensate for it.
post #48 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 9:26 pm Thread Starter

Wink Re: How long will the US voters put up with Pelosi and her kind of thinking!

Quote:
Sorry, can't afford the pay cut. That is peanuts for an A&P.
Morley,
They aren't A&Ps, trust me!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #49 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Quote:
Which America are you talking about? The govt has nothing to do with providing me with electricity, Food distribution? So the govt decides who gets what food and when? (can I have some of what you are smoking?) Transportation? Since when? The FAA is in place to try to keep flying safe by imposing rules everyone has to follow. (I work with the FAA and their rules every day) "Freeways"? How so? the govt gives states some money to help maintain the interstate system, thats all. They let it up to the states to decide on speed limits and traffic laws and enforcement.
Military? Yeah, they do run that since it IS the U.S. military who else is going to run it?
Having been in the military for a long time, I don't see it as socialist, it just has benefits such as free medical & dental, free housing, lower cost food and other items. Since the military doesn't pay overly well, they have those other benefits to compensate for it.
Morley,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

You may want to do a little research on how food is transported, who actually has control of our freeway system, food safety etc, and it may shed some light my comments, as there is not enough latitude in this thread to do an introductory political economies course.
The Military complex is funded by all Americans and benefits all Americans. I was not talking about personal military service as Socialism, but a bigger picture.
post #50 of 62 Old Aug 8th, 2008, 10:03 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
As Always----

Thanks conductor( spelling??) Jay!!!
Just drop me off at the one place on earth Paalo finds relief

Mike
OK checking spelling: WTF M-U-D!!?? Again?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in