48 state route anyone? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2008, 9:51 am Thread Starter

48 state route anyone?

I'm leaving on the 23rd of August for a "Bucket List" ride. I've got the time and resources, so I'm going to attempt to ride all 48 lower states while the opportunity presents itself and I'm still healthy enough to do it.

I'm not going to do this as an IBA ride (ie I'm going to take a little longer than 10 days) but I'd like to know if anyone has and is willing to share an IBA 48 state route that I could use as a general idea for planning my trip.

I'm actually going to treat this like a Wild Hogs road trip. No rules, no schedule, just go. I just need to have an idea of where to go!

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2008, 12:13 pm

Re: 48 state route anyone?

I'm jealous...

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2008, 2:06 pm

you'll enjoy that trip!

I did over 30 states this year between Jan-May for work, didn't fly once

Although I did have to park the bike for a week at the philly ap and rent a cage to drive to detroit, good thing since there was snow/ice that week.

some states are a little boring..I'm from MI myself, so I'd say do a lot more riding west of the ole miss and catch some of the mountain scenery and all, its pretty awesome.

then again, I've had some awesome rides east of the ole miss too..mmmm...hell, just let the bar's go and the bike will head in the right direction!

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbushey
I'm leaving on the 23rd of August for a "Bucket List" ride. I've got the time and resources, so I'm going to attempt to ride all 48 lower states while the opportunity presents itself and I'm still healthy enough to do it.

I'm not going to do this as an IBA ride (ie I'm going to take a little longer than 10 days) but I'd like to know if anyone has and is willing to share an IBA 48 state route that I could use as a general idea for planning my trip.

I'm actually going to treat this like a Wild Hogs road trip. No rules, no schedule, just go. I just need to have an idea of where to go!
Hey, Dave - ping Edgar Tanner (eatanner) regarding the 48 ride. He did a 48 plus, plus (which includes Mexico and Alaska) a coupla years ago. Posted his route, and carried the StarTraxx thangie on the bike which let interested parties see where he'd been and where he was, by surfing the StarTraxx website.

He doesn't get on here regularly, so I'll call him and tell him to watch for your PM and contact info. OK??
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2008, 5:56 pm

You are welcome to my 48+ route if you want it. It starts in Florida so it probably wont be what you are looking for.
The Motorcycle Tourers Forum had some 48 routes starting from different parts of the country listed here: Click on "details"
http://tinyurl.com/553e9m
You might find them of some use.
I envy you. I wish I could do the ride again, this time slower.
Have fun,

Mike
IBA #433
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2008, 5:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, Dave - ping Edgar Tanner (eatanner) regarding the 48 ride. He did a 48 plus, plus (which includes Mexico and Alaska) a coupla years ago. Posted his route, and carried the StarTraxx thangie on the bike which let interested parties see where he'd been and where he was, by surfing the StarTraxx website.

He doesn't get on here regularly, so I'll call him and tell him to watch for your PM and contact info. OK??
Dick...thanks for the suggestion. Too bad you and several others are so far south in Tejas....it would be nice to meet ya'll on the way through.

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in