You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?! - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:08 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer
 
eljeffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Allen, TX, USA
Posts: 9,315
You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=8459124

What have we become?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
El Jeffe
Plano, TX
'06 K1200GT Crystal Grey
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

__________________

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eljeffe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:23 pm
Senior Member
 
Lee510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newton, NC, USA
Posts: 2,303
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Not kidding. Schools around here are trying to bring some honor back to the ceremony. Bunch of rednecks and hicks yell, whistle, clap, stomp, etc. If you go to watch your child graduate, you want to hear your child's name when called. If the folks there are clapping, yelling, etc., you aren't going to hear it.

The school system hasn't said don't make noise. They said don't make noise DURING the ceremony. Make all the noise you want AFTER the graduating class has been presented.

Several people got to go to the Iron Door Hotel. They knew what would happen. They were told no less than six times to hold their applause until the end. They chose not to.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
Lee510 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:35 pm
Senior Member
 
michman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Okoboji, IA, USA
Posts: 215
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
Not kidding. Schools around here are trying to bring some honor back to the ceremony. Bunch of rednecks and hicks yell, whistle, clap, stomp, etc. If you go to watch your child graduate, you want to hear your child's name when called. If the folks there are clapping, yelling, etc., you aren't going to hear it.

The school system hasn't said don't make noise. They said don't make noise DURING the ceremony. Make all the noise you want AFTER the graduating class has been presented.

Several people got to go to the Iron Door Hotel. They knew what would happen. They were told no less than six times to hold their applause until the end. They chose not to.

"Police say those arrested yelled after students' names were called while diplomas were handed out.

A police spokesman says school officials request police patrols to prevent graduation disruptions that include standing, hollering and clapping."

What the hell else you do when someone graduates? You can't clap or hollar? Hmm?

A leel' uptight if you ask me.....

'10 1200 GSA -- Banana!!
'06 CRF450X -- Just trouble
BMWMOA #132301

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
michman is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 12:38 am
Super Moderator
 
DavidTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 7,565
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Can you say "Tight-ass"??

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DavidTaylor is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:00 am
Senior Member
 
hoog62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 2,862
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Can you say "Tight-ass"??
Naw, it's just disrepsectful and another indication of the ME, ME, ME world we live in.

(wow, that sounded......old)

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hoog62 is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:15 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
 
katnapinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kyle, Texas, USA
Posts: 8,597
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Naw, it's just disrepsectful and another indication of the ME, ME, ME world we live in.

(wow, that sounded......old)
You didn't sound old there GrandPaw.

Stevie Shreeve
katnapinn is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:26 am
Senior Member
 
hoog62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 2,862
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
You didn't sound old there GrandPaw.
Next thing you know I'll be starting my posts with, "I remember when..."

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hoog62 is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 2:55 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michman
....A police spokesman says school officials request police patrols to prevent graduation disruptions that include standing, hollering and clapping....
Uummmm....standing, hollering and clapping?! Is that a F'G joke?! Last time we had a "disruption" in Kommyfornia, people were injured, vehicles burned and stores looted.

Yeah, I'd say someone's asshole is extremely puckered! Must have been a real slow day in Mayberry.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 4:42 pm
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Uummmm....standing, hollering and clapping?! Is that a F'G joke?! Last time we had a "disruption" in Kommyfornia, people were injured, vehicles burned and stores looted.

Yeah, I'd say someone's asshole is extremely puckered! Must have been a real slow day in Mayberry.
I laugh at the "Mayberry" reference. So being "quaint" or "Hicks" is a bad thing, but living where people burn vehicles and loot stores is a good thing?? This example may be a little extreme, but on the other hand living in an area that is not crime ridden and has well behaved children isn't exactly "backwards" - at least in my eyes. Jus sayin.....

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 4:57 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
....This example may be a little extreme....
Not at all, sir! No example is too extreme, here.

I LOVE Mayberry. Hope to retire there, one day. But, sometimes, enforcement is a little misdirected....as in the cited story.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #11 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 4:59 pm
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
But, sometimes, enforcement is a little misdirected....
DING DING DING!!!
Understatement of the day award!!!
Man, I couldn't agree more!

Reference the article on being "too smart" to be a police officer for further information.......

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #12 of 18 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 5:39 pm
Senior Member
 
BMWphreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Putnam, CT, USA
Posts: 1,435
Wink Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
DING DING DING!!!
Understatement of the day award!!!
Man, I couldn't agree more!

Reference the article on being "too smart" to be a police officer for further information.......

Oh no... not AGAIN! (button pushed)

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
BMWphreak is offline  
post #13 of 18 Old Jun 13th, 2008, 1:28 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Savannah, GA, USA
Posts: 1,893
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

My oldest just graduated from HS and it seemed every other person there had one of those #$%#$ air horns. I wanted to take one and shove it up the guy's A$$ and pull the trigger to see how he liked that.
Morley is offline  
post #14 of 18 Old Jun 13th, 2008, 9:57 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
....I wanted to take one and shove it up the guy's A$$ and pull the trigger to see how he liked that.
He might like it a little too much!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #15 of 18 Old Jun 13th, 2008, 10:42 am
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
My oldest just graduated from HS and it seemed every other person there had one of those #$%#$ air horns. I wanted to take one and shove it up the guy's A$$ and pull the trigger to see how he liked that.
LMAO! Don't hold onto that anger like that! Tell us how you REALLY feel!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old Jun 13th, 2008, 10:43 am
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
Oh no... not AGAIN! (button pushed)
Button? What button?

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #17 of 18 Old Jun 13th, 2008, 12:31 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Savannah, GA, USA
Posts: 1,893
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
LMAO! Don't hold onto that anger like that! Tell us how you REALLY feel!
So you wouldn't mind going to your kid's graduation and not being able to hear anyhting being said because some kids AND their parents think its fun to drown out everything with a noise maker?
Good for you. For me, I think a little respect should be shown for those in attendance.
Morley is offline  
post #18 of 18 Old Jun 14th, 2008, 6:27 am
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
Re: You gotta be kidding?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
So you wouldn't mind going to your kid's graduation and not being able to hear anyhting being said because some kids AND their parents think its fun to drown out everything with a noise maker?
Good for you. For me, I think a little respect should be shown for those in attendance.
Actually it would really piss me off too..I just thought your post was funny!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you love animals you gotta see this. If not.... Lonewuff Humor 5 Oct 16th, 2007 9:50 pm
Gotta get some of them "throwed rolls" eljeffe Curve Cowboy Reunion 2 Feb 17th, 2007 8:25 pm
Ya gotta love those French Lonewuff Humor 6 Feb 17th, 2007 12:58 pm
Gotta Love The Irish avonfloater Humor 0 Dec 5th, 2006 12:34 pm
My Answer to BMW's $110 Cup Holder gandelf K1200LT 11 Sep 30th, 2006 4:26 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome