Who wants to see my wife naked? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 6:47 pm Thread Starter
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Who wants to see my wife naked?

Ok now that I have your attention. This may come off as gay but does anyone have any BBQ sauce recipes they are willing to share with me. I am a fairly good cook, so I am told, and have been searching out some home made BBQ sauce recipes with out success.
If we start trading coupons look out.

Thanks

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Re: Who wants to see my wife naked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove
Ok now that I have your attention. This may come off as gay but does anyone have any BBQ sauce recipes they are willing to share with me. I am a fairly good cook, so I am told, and have been searching out some home made BBQ sauce recipes with out success.

Thanks
1) Unscrew top to KC Masterpiece Hickory Smoke

2) Post pictures

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:02 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
1) Unscrew top to KC Masterpiece Hickory Smoke

2) Post pictures
Oh boy I just knew this was going to happen.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #4 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Patrick, what protein are you cooking? (chicken, beef, pork, veal, poultry, or seafood)

(3 CIA graduate chefs in my family, 2 daughters, and 1 brother in law...)

http://www.ciachef.edu/

-Mark

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
CBCP

I take Life with a grain of salt......and a slice of lime and a shot of Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20 grand & 2K miles don't make you a biker

I COULD TELL THEY WERE BIKERS,
IT SAID "LIVE TO RIDE" ON THEIR TRAILER
post #5 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconlogue
Patrick, what protein are you cooking? (chicken, beef, pork, veal, poultry, or seafood)

-Mark
All of the above I will check out the site.

Would love to pick your brain.

Thanks

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #6 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Quote:

-Mark
Oh man, I FEEL your pain. My wife's a Certified Personal Chef and is making Chicken Enchiladas as we speak with organic chicken, fire roasted green chiles that she just brought in off the grill, and real corn ...

anyway - I digress!

I can go over to Cook's Illustrated and copy some of their stuff - all depends what's on the menu!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Oh man, I FEEL your pain. My wife's a Certified Personal Chef and is making Chicken Enchiladas as we speak with organic chicken, fire roasted green chiles that she just brought in off the grill, and real corn ...

anyway - I digress!

I can go over to Cook's Illustrated and copy some of their stuff - all depends what's on the menu!

FEEL my pain? damn, i will take donations for tuition!! (125K + per kid) although, paid in cash by my wifes Mary Kay income...

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #8 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Quote:

anyway - I digress!

btw, sounds good for supper! my wife and I cook (lots), but when the "chefs" come home, they will not cook anything! my wife and I are te chefs, and wait staff.

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #9 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Quote:

Thanks

Stovetop Smoker Baby Back Barbecue Ribs Recipe

4 to 5 pounds baby back ribs (2 full slabs)
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Barbeque Sauce, recipe follows

Place the ribs on a large baking sheet. In a small mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne. Stir well to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between the racks and rub well onto all sides. Wrap the ribs in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Allow to sit undisturbed for at least 20 minutes, and up to 8 hours before proceeding. (Refrigerate if ribs sit longer than 20 minutes.) Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for 1 hour. Prepare a stovetop smoker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Remove the plastic wrap and place the ribs on the rack in the stovetop smoker. Close the lid and smoke for 1 hour over low heat.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Remove the ribs from the smoker and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Generously brush the ribs on both sides with the sauce and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
Using a sharp knife, slice between the ribs and serve, with additional sauce on the side.

Barbeque Sauce:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a nonreactive saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. Use immediately, or refrigerate in a nonreactive, airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #10 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:37 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

anyway - I digress!

Sounds good we can be there is about 4 hours?

I am working on a mexican meal tonight as well. Chicken cheese and onion Enchiladas for myself and - the Chicken for the wife. Home made beans, rice, and Enchilada sauce. As an appetizer Tequila infused queso fundido.

Enjoy Ron

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #11 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:38 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Stovetop Smoker Baby Back Barbecue Ribs Recipe

4 to 5 pounds baby back ribs (2 full slabs)
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Barbeque Sauce, recipe follows

Place the ribs on a large baking sheet. In a small mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne. Stir well to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between the racks and rub well onto all sides. Wrap the ribs in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Allow to sit undisturbed for at least 20 minutes, and up to 8 hours before proceeding. (Refrigerate if ribs sit longer than 20 minutes.) Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for 1 hour. Prepare a stovetop smoker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Remove the plastic wrap and place the ribs on the rack in the stovetop smoker. Close the lid and smoke for 1 hour over low heat.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Remove the ribs from the smoker and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Generously brush the ribs on both sides with the sauce and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
Using a sharp knife, slice between the ribs and serve, with additional sauce on the side.

Barbeque Sauce:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a nonreactive saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. Use immediately, or refrigerate in a nonreactive, airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Mark thanks for the information I will let you know how I do!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #12 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Quote:
All of the above I will check out the site.

Would love to pick your brain.

Thanks

Founded in 1946, The Culinary Institute of America is an independent, not-for-profit college offering bachelor's and associate degrees, as well as certificate programs, in either culinary arts or baking and pastry arts. As the world's premier culinary college, the CIA has a network of more than 37,000 alumni that includes industry leaders such as Grant Achatz, Anthony Bourdain, Cat Cora, Harold Dieterle, Steve Ells, Todd English, Duff Goldman, Sara Moulton, Charlie Palmer, and Roy Yamaguchi. The college has campuses in New York (Hyde Park), California (The CIA at Greystone, St. Helena), and Texas (San Antonio), as well as an additional location in New York City (Astor Center, Manhattan). In addition to its degree programs, the CIA also offers courses for professionals and food enthusiasts, as well as wine education. For more information, and a complete listing of program offerings at each site, visit the CIA online at www.ciachef.edu.

read MO $$$$$$

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #13 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 7:43 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Founded in 1946, The Culinary Institute of America is an independent, not-for-profit college offering bachelor's and associate degrees, as well as certificate programs, in either culinary arts or baking and pastry arts. As the world's premier culinary college, the CIA has a network of more than 37,000 alumni that includes industry leaders such as Grant Achatz, Anthony Bourdain, Cat Cora, Harold Dieterle, Steve Ells, Todd English, Duff Goldman, Sara Moulton, Charlie Palmer, and Roy Yamaguchi. The college has campuses in New York (Hyde Park), California (The CIA at Greystone, St. Helena), and Texas (San Antonio), as well as an additional location in New York City (Astor Center, Manhattan). In addition to its degree programs, the CIA also offers courses for professionals and food enthusiasts, as well as wine education. For more information, and a complete listing of program offerings at each site, visit the CIA online at www.ciachef.edu.

read MO $$$$$$
Thanks for the information. I saw Hyde Park and thought cool we have a Hyde Park in Chicago, BTW Barack Obama has a home there. So it must be expensive!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #14 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I saw Hyde Park and thought cool we have a Hyde Park in Chicago, BTW Barack Obama has a home there. So it must be expensive!

Hyde Park NY..on the banks of the Hudson River, next to FDR's estate, and Samuel Morse (morse code) estate.

read BIG Bucks neighborhood!

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #15 of 28 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 8:26 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Hyde Park NY..on the banks of the Hudson River, next to FDR's estate, and Samuel Morse (morse code) estate.

read BIG Bucks neighborhood!

To rich for my blood!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #16 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 9:10 am

What is a nonreactive saucepan? I love to grill and this sounds like a great recipe but I ahve no idea what a nonreactive saucepan is.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #17 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:08 am

Reactive Pan: It is one made from a material that reacts chemically with other foods. Aluminum and copper, metals that conduct heat extremely well, are the 2 most common reactive materials used to make in cookware.

Lightweight aluminum, second only to copper in conducting heat, reacts with acidic foods, imparting a metallic taste, and can discolor light-colored soups and sauces, especially if you stir them with a metal spoon or whisk (it is a very soft metal). For that reason, you should neither cook nor store light-colored foods in aluminum cookware. Anodized aluminum has a hard, corrosion-resistant surface that helps prevent discoloration.

Most copper pots and pans are lined with tin to prevent reaction. However, tin is a very soft metal, so it scratches easily and then exposes foods to the copper underneath.

Non-Reactive Pan: When a recipe calls for a non-reactive cookware, use clay, enamel, glass, plastic, or stainless steel. Stainless steel is the most common non-reactive cookware available. Since it does not conduct or retain heat well, it frequently has aluminum or copper bonded to the bottom or a core of aluminum between layers of stainless steel. Although expensive, this kind of cookware offers the benefits of a durable, non-reactive surface and rapid, uniform heat conductivity.

Glass cookware is non-reactive and although it retains heat well it conducts it poorly. Enamelware is non-reactive as long as the enamel is not scratched or chipped. Cast-iron is considered reactive; however, we have to say that our extremely well-seasoned pans seem to do fine with tomato sauce and other acidic foods as long as they do not stay in contact with one another for extended periods.

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #18 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:43 am

Wow, lots of info about cooking. Good stuff, but I haven't gotten past naked pictures of your wife yet. If you just post some, I can move on.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #19 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 1:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnoxous
Wow, lots of info about cooking. Good stuff, but I haven't gotten past naked pictures of your wife yet. If you just post some, I can move on.
Bob I am working on her so stay tuned!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #20 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 1:15 pm

Sauce?? Who needs sauce?

But if you have to have it then this is my favorite so far for ribs. Not homemade but a good base if you want to play with it. I often just use the rub and forget about the sauce if I'm on the grill, but this makes an excellent oven method if the grill is not a available. I also substitute a good percentage of Splenda for the brown sugar and it seems to work just fine. It is a bit of a process, but as Alton always says, "Your patience shall be rewarded."

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD
post #21 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 1:17 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglenn1
Sauce?? Who needs sauce?

But if you have to have it then this is my favorite so far for ribs. Not homemade but a good base if you want to play with it. I often just use the rub and forget about the sauce if I'm on the grill, but this makes an excellent oven method if the grill is not a available. I also substitute a good percentage of Splenda for the brown sugar and it seems to work just fine. It is a bit of a process, but as Alton always says, "Your patience shall be rewarded."
Thanks Dan

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #22 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 1:51 pm

Your wife covered three tuitions @ 125K from Mary Kay - Thats has got to be a transport ship worth of make-up. Never mind the pink caddy you guys must have a pink house with pink grass.

Will be trying a variation of your rib recipe - smoking on the charcoal grill and baking on the gas, should work, lots of in-direct heat.

Swamprat

06 KLT
02 LTC w/hannigan - sold
98 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500E - sold and my butt still hurts
86 Yamaha 1100 Virago (what a machine) - sold
80Yamaha 650 Maxim (from cradle to grave 72K)
75 Suzuki 400
75 Bultaco 250 MX
post #23 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Quote:
Reactive Pan: It is one made from a material that reacts chemically with other foods. Aluminum and copper, metals that conduct heat extremely well, are the 2 most common reactive materials used to make in cookware.

Lightweight aluminum, second only to copper in conducting heat, reacts with acidic foods, imparting a metallic taste, and can discolor light-colored soups and sauces, especially if you stir them with a metal spoon or whisk (it is a very soft metal). For that reason, you should neither cook nor store light-colored foods in aluminum cookware. Anodized aluminum has a hard, corrosion-resistant surface that helps prevent discoloration.

Most copper pots and pans are lined with tin to prevent reaction. However, tin is a very soft metal, so it scratches easily and then exposes foods to the copper underneath.

Non-Reactive Pan: When a recipe calls for a non-reactive cookware, use clay, enamel, glass, plastic, or stainless steel. Stainless steel is the most common non-reactive cookware available. Since it does not conduct or retain heat well, it frequently has aluminum or copper bonded to the bottom or a core of aluminum between layers of stainless steel. Although expensive, this kind of cookware offers the benefits of a durable, non-reactive surface and rapid, uniform heat conductivity.

Glass cookware is non-reactive and although it retains heat well it conducts it poorly. Enamelware is non-reactive as long as the enamel is not scratched or chipped. Cast-iron is considered reactive; however, we have to say that our extremely well-seasoned pans seem to do fine with tomato sauce and other acidic foods as long as they do not stay in contact with one another for extended periods.
There is not a day that goes by that I do not learn something from this website. Thanks.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #24 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprat
Your wife covered three tuitions @ 125K from Mary Kay - Thats has got to be a transport ship worth of make-up. Never mind the pink caddy you guys must have a pink house with pink grass.

Will be trying a variation of your rib recipe - smoking on the charcoal grill and baking on the gas, should work, lots of in-direct heat.

pretty close. she has been in MK 22 years, and personally sells over 60K of product a year. since she is a sales director, she also receives a unit commission, and she calls herself a 6 figure stay at home mom!

(my favorite color of car is FREE!) she is on number 9 free car now.

That recipe should work great, make sure that you check internal temps, I hate to see meat overcooked and dry!

PS. I see you are in Bristow VA. My oldest daughter is a chef for Palladio, at the Barboursville Winery, just outside of Charlottesville VA.

http://barboursvillewine.net/b/content/view/27/39/

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #25 of 28 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Patrick: I am a cookbook collector, I like to browse through many books to get an idea for a particular recipie and then come up with my own rendition of it.

One of my favorite cookbooks is "LL Beans" Game & Fish Cookbook by Angus Cameron and Judith Jones. There are recipies for everything that flys, swims, or walks. The recipie for wildgame BBQ sauce is:

3/4 cup red wine ..........1T brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar ............1/3 cup catsup
2 cloves garlic, minced ...1T dry mustard
1 onion finely minced ......1/2 t oregano
1T cooking oil ................1/2 t thyme
2 1/2 T worchestershire ...1t salt
1T Harvey's sauce ..........fresh ground pepper
1T walnut sauce OPT ......1t paprika
a dash or two Tabasco ....1T Chili powder

Put all ingredients in a saucepan, heat to near boil, simmer for 15-20 min. Control the consistency with more wine, if it gets to thick, but it should end up about the same consistency as slow pouring ketchup. Adjust for taste!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #26 of 28 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 8:18 am

Bbq Sauce

Here's one that I've played with for awhile. Most folks seem to think it's pretty good. After all, any recipe that starts with "open a bottle of your favorite burbon" has to be OK in my book.

BBQ SAUCE

1 CUP BURBON WHISKY

¼ CUP VEGTABLE OIL

1 CUP CHOPPED YELLOW ONION

1 TABLESPOON ESSENCE (EMERIL)

¼ TABLESPOON CAYENNE PEPPER

2 TEASPOONS MINCED GARLIC

1 TEASPOON GRATED LEMON ZEST

1 CUP KETCHUP

¾ CUP BREWED STRONG BLACK COFFEE

4 TABLESPOONS HONEY

1/2 CUP PACKED DARK BROWN SUGAR

1/4 CUP RED WINE VINEAGAR

1/4 CUP FRESH LEMON JUICE

2 TABLESPOONS Worcestershire sauce

2 tablespoons cane syrup or dark molasses

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Place the bourbon in a small sauce pan over medium high heat.. Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat and let cool.

In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onions, Essence , and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, pepper, and lemon and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the ketchup, coffee, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, cane syrup, and hot sauce, and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the bourbon and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.

Remove from the heat. With a hand held immersion blender or in batches in a food processor, puree on high speed until smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

post #27 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2008, 1:00 am

Looks wonderful! My wife has been planning a get together at the vineyard for several couples, sometime before Oct. Now I have something to look forward too (I may even get to bring the bike).

Swamprat

06 KLT
02 LTC w/hannigan - sold
98 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500E - sold and my butt still hurts
86 Yamaha 1100 Virago (what a machine) - sold
80Yamaha 650 Maxim (from cradle to grave 72K)
75 Suzuki 400
75 Bultaco 250 MX
post #28 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2008, 7:28 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprat
Looks wonderful! My wife has been planning a get together at the vineyard for several couples, sometime before Oct. Now I have something to look forward too (I may even get to bring the bike).

My daughters name is Jaclyn, and she will come out of the kitchen to chat with you if you ask the wait staff for her. Tell her I sent you in!

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in