Roadtrip! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 24th, 2008, 9:03 pm Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Roadtrip!

Lanette and I decided we would have to go on a roadtrip. Unfortunately neither her neck nor her back currently allow for a trip on the bike, and so we took the X-fire started out towards west. After a quick stop in New Braunfels and an oilchange, we "sank our fangs into the best beef ever. Grif did not exaggerate when he said that. The beef WAS good!

Then we pointed the nose of our car again west. I10 in west TX is actually quite interesting. Leaving the San Antonio area out to Gruene and Kerrville slowly the vegetation gets less and less, the hills get flatter until you slowly realize you are driving through the desert. BUT on the upside: you can legally drive 80mph. So I set the cruise control to 85, first so that I did not trigger the nag threshold and second I really did not want to trigger any LEO's radar threshold. Nonetheless at 85 there were not too many that were faster, so I figured it was about right. Interesting fact though is that from Kerrville until we got closer to Fort Stockton we did not see any LEOs at all. But then, Ft. Stockton must have a well organized income stream because from the time we came closer to Ft. Stockton we saw 10 !!! cop cars in both directions. Talk about massive numbers.

Anywho, turning north in Ft. Stockton and we decided to call it a day in Pecos, TX. The country here is .... barren. Not much to see in the desert, although I enjoyed driving today.

Tomorrow we will continue on to Albuquerque to see friends and afterwards ... who knows. Maybe ,,,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in