Indy 500 - Year of the Hotties! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 7:52 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Indy 500 - Year of the Hotties!

Danica, Sarah, Milka... oh my!

Sunday's gonna be a good day for racing!

BTW, Danica is in the second row middle. Right next to Helio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3619870_7_4.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	18003   Click image for larger version

Name:	milka_duno1.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	18004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	675
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	18006  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 8:17 am

Re: Indy 500 - Year of the Hotties!

I definitely can't see any boat.

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #3 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 8:26 am

It's nice to see...............literally!
I'm hoping to see Katheren Legge join the crowd next year. She's probably the best open wheel racer of the bunch. She's been participating in the CART series. Very well spoken, very low key, and not hard on the eyes ether.
Sorry I'm no Danica fan, I think she's way over rated. I heard lots of people complaining about her last year at Mid Ohio.......the only driver charging for autographs.
My best students when I was a high speed driving instructor were women. However I feel the best race drivers are men. Maybe tomorrow I'll be proved wrong.

post #4 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 9:51 am
Lifetime Supporter

Go Danica!

James Brown
Seabrook, Texas

2016 K1600 GTL
1979 Suzuki GS550E (sold)

post #5 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Thumbs up Re: Indy 500 - Year of the Hotties!

Yes! Hotties, but fully dressed, what's the point in that? Who is on the pole? get it?
Well maybe I will watch. I find IndyCars boring, they need more fist-a-cuffs like in NASCAR.

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
post #6 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick
My best students when I was a high speed driving instructor were women.
They make better pilots also, they can handle the G's better.

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
post #7 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 6:49 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norriscooper
Yes! Hotties, but fully dressed, what's the point in that? Who is on the pole? get it?
Well maybe I will watch. I find IndyCars boring, they need more fist-a-cuffs like in NASCAR.
Ah, NASCAR. The professional wrestling of the automotive racing world. LOL!!! Watching Kyle Busch and Dale Jr is like watching the old WWF BS back in high school.

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #8 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Thumbs up Exactamundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Ah, NASCAR. The professional wrestling of the automotive racing world. LOL!!! Watching Kyle Busch and Dale Jr is like watching the old WWF BS back in high school.
You know what I am talking about!!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #9 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 8:30 pm

They need to get Paul Tracy back in a car. He usually ignites some passion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdqIO...eature=related

Dale White

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
Charles Bukowski
post #10 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Question Re: Indy 500 - Year of the Hotties!

There was a time when Indy car racing would rival any race series in this country but thanks primarily to the greed of Tony George and the split into two series IRL and CART it pretty much brought it to extinction.
Thankfully the two sides are now merging and next year looks to be very promising. Look out NASCAR!

Last edited by nplenzick; May 24th, 2008 at 9:07 pm.
post #11 of 53 Old May 24th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Garage

Quote:
Look out NASCAR!
NASCAR= Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Redneckks!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #12 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 7:14 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Ah, NASCAR. The professional wrestling of the automotive racing world.
Wait, I though that "professional" wrestling was all fake, where the outcomes were pre-determined and the contest is run for purely entertainment purposes . . . Oh, now I understand Nascar.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 8:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
Too Funny!

If you really want to see some great sedan racing take a look at our friends down under. The Australian Super Car series is what NASCAR should be.
post #14 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 8:12 am

Quote:
....thanks primarily to the greed of Tony George and the split into two series
That depends on whether you consider Indianappolis Motor Speedway to be "just another race track". The CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) powers were so enammoured with becoming a rival to F1, they were cutting off the base that Champ car racing was built on. Tony realized this and started IRL so all those Midget and Sprint car kids had something to work towards. After Cart lost their crown jewel (The Indy 500) it was just a matter of time before they imploded.

Quote:
Look out NASCAR!
If (<- big if) they can manage to put together an ultra competitive open wheel series, with a balance of oval and road courses, and a governing body strong enough to keep the inmates from taking over the asylum (ala CART). They might have a chance. There is a problem with prime venues (and TV) to deal with. All it takes is money.

Let's hope.

P.S. You "left turn only" haters.....spend any time, at any level, behind the wheel of a full bodied stock car on an oval, then get back to me on whether or not it takes any talent.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #15 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 10:15 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
P.S. You "left turn only" haters.....spend any time, at any level, behind the wheel of a full bodied stock car on an oval, then get back to me on whether or not it takes any talent.
I don't mean to disparage the talent of the NASCAR driver. Having done many laps in a NASCAR replica at the Richard Petty Experience, it takes talent AND athletic ability to drive these cars for hundreds of laps for many hours. However, the bullshit drama that NASCAR seems to foster with "posed" animosity between drivers gives it the professional wrestling taste to it.

-
post #16 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 11:31 am

Quote:
There was a time when Indy car racing would rival any race series in this country but thanks primarily to the greed of Tony George and the split into two series IRL and CART it pretty much brought it to extinction.
Thankfully the two sides are now merging and next year looks to be very promising. Look out NASCAR!
I hope your optimism is proven to be warranted.
post #17 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 11:43 am

Quote:
Too Funny!

If you really want to see some great sedan racing take a look at our friends down under. The Australian Super Car series is what NASCAR should be.
Opinions concerning NASCAR are fine. Like it or not however, NASCAR puts on the best show in sports as fan loyalty and the quality of sponsors demonstrate.
post #18 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 11:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
Ever been to a race or even watched one on TV?
post #19 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 12:13 pm

Quote:
the bullshit drama that NASCAR seems to foster with "posed" animosity between drivers gives it the professional wrestling taste to it.
On that we agree 100%

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #20 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Quote:
That depends on whether you consider Indianappolis Motor Speedway to be "just another race track". The CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) powers were so enammoured with becoming a rival to F1, they were cutting off the base that Champ car racing was built on. Tony realized this and started IRL so all those Midget and Sprint car kids had something to work towards. After Cart lost their crown jewel (The Indy 500) it was just a matter of time before they imploded.

If (<- big if) they can manage to put together an ultra competitive open wheel series, with a balance of oval and road courses, and a governing body strong enough to keep the inmates from taking over the asylum (ala CART). They might have a chance. There is a problem with prime venues (and TV) to deal with. All it takes is money.

Let's hope.

That's one way to look at it but look at it a little differently maybe because I have met many who are involved in the sport. Tony was trying to be the USA version of Bernie of F1 fame. He used his flag waving bullshit to promote himself. Yea I remember all to well how he was suppose to promote USA drivers in USA cars. Remember that Olds motor? I do what a piece of crap that was! Remember when pole day would draw 250K spectators? Those days are long gone. Where are those sprint car drivers today? Where are those USA powered cars today?

The bottom line is they need each other and if they can put just a little of their greed behind them, then they will reap the rewards in a few years.
post #21 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 1:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
Opinions concerning NASCAR are fine. Like it or not however, NASCAR puts on the best show in sports as fan loyalty and the quality of sponsors demonstrate.
NASCAR really was in position to take advantage with the demise of open wheel racing and rightly so. They took the vast majority of sponsors away. You add the split in professional sports car racing in this country and it was clear sailing for NASCAR.
I'm really not a NASCAR fan but I'll watch from time to time. Most of the drivers there can drive anything. Jeff Gorden tested an F1 car a few years ago and did quit well. Tony Stewert can drive the wheels off of anything. Many of the drivers do the 24 hrs of Daytona and do very well.
The problem I have with NASCAR is I find many of the tracks boring. Especially the 1.5 mile ones that imitate Charlotte. They really need more road courses. The cars ( I guess you can call them race cars) are embarrassing to say the least. Pushrod V8's, carburetor, solid axle, tube frame 3800 pound behemoths. Pretty much like a covered wagon when you compare them to other race cars. It sure would be nice to showcase what we can really build here in what is for the time being our premier race series.
post #22 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Quote:
NASCAR really was in position to take advantage with the demise of open wheel racing and rightly so. They took the vast majority of sponsors away. You add the split in professional sports car racing in this country and it was clear sailing for NASCAR.
I'm really not a NASCAR fan but I'll watch from time to time. Most of the drivers there can drive anything. Jeff Gorden tested an F1 car a few years ago and did quit well. Tony Stewert can drive the wheels off of anything. Many of the drivers do the 24 hrs of Daytona and do very well.
The problem I have with NASCAR is I find many of the tracks boring. Especially the 1.5 mile ones that imitate Charlotte. They really need more road courses. The cars ( I guess you can call them race cars) are embarrassing to say the least. Pushrod V8's, carburetor, solid axle, tube frame 3800 pound behemoths. Pretty much like a covered wagon when you compare them to other race cars. It sure would be nice to showcase what we can really build here in what is for the time being our premier race series.

Yeah. State of the art cars are more interesting. On the other hand they cost a lot more to build as well as to maintain. NASCAR delivers many more races per year in many more locations. NASCAR turns competitors away each weekend of the season whereas the open wheel series' have a hard time filling the field for some events. The sponsors like NASCAR 'cause it works for them!
post #23 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 1:37 pm

It won't be long before Nascar is dominated by imports. Look how well Toyota is doing.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

post #24 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Wink America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Quote:
The sponsors like NASCAR 'cause it works for them!
And their bodies have more room for more sponsors. Every square inch inside and out is covered with logos and stickers!

Whether it's NASCAR, IndyCar, F1, or basketball, I just watch the last few laps or minutes, except hockey, I watch all of it. Don't even bother with football, either kind.
Red Bull air racing looks like it might be fun!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #25 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Re: America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by norriscooper
And their bodies have more room for more sponsors. Every square inch inside and out is covered with logos and stickers!

Whether it's NASCAR, IndyCar, F1, or basketball, I just watch the last few laps or minutes, except hockey, I watch all of it. Don't even bother with football, either kind.
Red Bull air racing looks like it might be fun!
You got it, Norris. By George you got it! It's marketing and NASCAR wrote the book.
post #26 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Quote:
Yeah. State of the art cars are more interesting. On the other hand they cost a lot more to build as well as to maintain. NASCAR delivers many more races per year in many more locations. NASCAR turns competitors away each weekend of the season whereas the open wheel series' have a hard time filling the field for some events. The sponsors like NASCAR 'cause it works for them!
They don't have to be state of the art. NASCAR doesn't need to be like Indy or F1. If you get a chance next winter check out the Australian Super car series on Speed then you'll know what I mean. V8 fuel injected high revving OHC with four wheel independent suspension's based on real AMERICAN cars even though there called Holdens and Falcons. It's Ford VS Chevy down under. Their banging doors shooting beautiful flames out the exhaust, and those V8's are screaming. I'm telling you it doesn't get better then that!
There appears to be standing room only at their events.
As for NASCAR sponsors, sure they got plenty why wouldn't they, as I point out there's really been no competition. If Indy Car is successful they'll be taking some of those away plus there are many high tech company's so to speak that would be more likely to sponsor Indy car then NASCAR. It just might take a year or two to start getting that TV exposure.
post #27 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 3:49 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Congrats to Scott Dixon for a great race!

Too bad Briscoe couldn't drive, or we'd see Danica have a great top 10 finish.

Milka and Sarah need to go back to driving school.

-
post #28 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Quote:
The key word here is "show". I just do not understand the cult following of NASCAR at all. Of course I do not understand the "professional" wrestling scene either.

NASCAR was a little more understandable in my youth, when the cars were more based on "Stock" cars. Now they are nothing but a thin sham shell stuck on a racing vehicle which shares absolutely NOTHING with the "Stock" cars people drive every day. It is really saddening to see gullible people puff up their chest and proclaim that (Chevy, Ford, etc, etc.) Won, so my cars is best.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #29 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 4:32 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
NASCAR was a little more understandable in my youth, when the cars were more based on "Stock" cars. Now they are nothing but a thin sham shell stuck on a racing vehicle which shares absolutely NOTHING with the "Stock" cars people drive every day. It is really saddening to see gullible people puff up their chest and proclaim that (Chevy, Ford, etc, etc.) Won, so my cars is best.
Ah, to go back to the days when names like Petty, Allison, Yarborough, and Waltrip dominated the circuit.

-
post #30 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Quote:
Ever been to a race or even watched one on TV?
Yes and that's the acronmy for NASCAR works so well.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #31 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 5:25 pm

That's a matter of opinion Jeff. But then again, you are younger than I am.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #32 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Got back from the Y just in time to watch the end of the Indy. Already forgot who won!
Little Ms. Danica sure was pissed.

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

post #33 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Quote:
That's one way to look at it but look at it a little differently maybe because I have met many who are involved in the sport. Tony was trying to be the USA version of Bernie of F1 fame. He used his flag waving bullshit to promote himself. Yea I remember all to well how he was suppose to promote USA drivers in USA cars. Remember that Olds motor? I do what a piece of crap that was! Remember when pole day would draw 250K spectators? Those days are long gone. Where are those sprint car drivers today? Where are those USA powered cars today?

The bottom line is they need each other and if they can put just a little of their greed behind them, then they will reap the rewards in a few years.
There's a whole lotta blame to go around the current state of affairs in open wheel racing, and some really big egos that have prevented any resolution. Let's hope they've all come to their senses, finally.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #34 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Quote:
Ah, to go back to the days when names like Petty, Allison, Yarborough, and Waltrip dominated the circuit.
...and you knew that Buddy Baker was gonna find you and whup yo ass if you spun him at the end of the race...

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #35 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 5:55 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
...and you knew that Buddy Baker was gonna find you and whup yo ass if you spun him at the end of the race...
Back when they raced REAL cars

-
post #36 of 53 Old May 25th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Quote:
Back when they raced REAL cars
Champ cars of today are every bit as similar to one or another as Spring Cup cars of today.

NASCAR very nearly went under when costs escalated so much that the motor companies went home in the '70s. Some here remember that bragging rights belonged to the car manufacturer that brought out the biggest engine and the most aerodynamic body each year. Remember the Super Bird, for instance? Today races are won by talent, teamwork and perseverance.
post #37 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 7:21 am

Quote:
The only NASCAR that I witnessed live was this incident at Daytona in '79!

I had no idea of what was going on, we were staying at the infield on turn 4. THe only reason I knew about Buddy "getting down: on his fellow driver was when they did a tribute to NASCAR here a while back!

As far as Danika, she will go "toe to toe" with the wrong man one day and she will be on the wrong end of the racetrack! She's in a man's sport, if she wants to be treated like "one of the boys", well..........................

No doubt the gal can drive, the incident was unfortunate ( I mean we are talking about 2.5 mil and a glass of milk here), and I can understand her frustration, but if you want to dance and go after someone, be prepared to get a bloody nose, and she is just too danged pretty for that

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #38 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 7:37 am

Quote:
--------------------------- Today races are won by talent, teamwork and perseverance.
No doubt about that. However, the total sham of still calling the cars "Fords", "Chevys", etc. should be abandoned. In fact the term NASCAR is no longer viable.

They need to change the name to something like LTFR (Left Turn Racing Forever)

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...eveals_winning

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #39 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 11:29 am

Quote:
No doubt about that. However, the total sham of still calling the cars "Fords", "Chevys", etc. should be abandoned. In fact the term NASCAR is no longer viable.

"Turn LEFT, turn LEFT, turn LEFT!!! Now straight!!"

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #40 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Quote:

I don't think it much more of a stretch to call Sprint Cup cars "stock' than to call the engines that currently power Champ cars Hondas. It has come to be a definition of the series which provides much better racing than way back when the cars were 'relatively' stock. Ask Juan Pablo Montoya, Sam Hornish, Jr. or any of the others who have jumped from the Champ and F1 series'. I uwsed to feel as you do until I had the opportunity spend some time with teams in various series', including CART and NASCAR.

The blurb from "Onion" is cute in a goofy sort of way.
post #41 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 3:22 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Well , this all reminds me of what a fellow told me the other day .

HE Said:

NASCAR is like taking a bag of skittles and dumping them in the toilet , then giving them a flush . You can watch all the colors, ...the blue , red , yellow etc. go around , and around , and around .

The only trouble with that joke is ,... it is lost on most NASCAR fans , as they don't have indoor plumbing

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

post #42 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 3:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric
Well , this all reminds me of what a fellow told me the other day .

HE Said:

NASCAR is like taking a bag of skittles and dumping them in the toilet , then giving them a flush . You can watch all the colors, ...the blue , red , yellow etc. go around , and around , and around .

The only trouble with that joke is ,... it is lost on most NASCAR fans , as they don't have indoor plumbing
Add to your declaration that NASCAR sponsors act just as "ignorant" as the fans; ...on their way to the bank!

Some people who actually know what goes on on the Sprint Cup circuit agree that the racing isn't particularly sophisticated but know that it makes lots of money and provides entertainment. Champ Car wishes it were one tenth as successful.

Did you see the TV audience shares for the Coca Cola 600 v. the Indy 500 yesterday? Did you see the vacant seats at the IMS?
post #43 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 3:57 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry , but NASCAR doesn't do a thing for me ...They go around ,and around , crash a few times...here and there . Then the last ten laps or so they do the racing to see who wins.

NASCAR reminds me of going over here and watching traffic on I 75 on a Friday night ... Watching people go up north for the weekend .... Except the NASCAR guy's do give each other a little more room .

I will give you that NASCAR does make money ...But so does Wall Street , ... then again ...Wall Street doesn't entertain me either .

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

post #44 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric
I'm sorry , but NASCAR doesn't do a thing for me ...They go around ,and around , crash a few times...here and there . Then the last ten laps or so they do the racing to see who wins.

NASCAR reminds me of going over here and watching traffic on I 75 on a Friday night ... Watching people go up north for the weekend .... Except the NASCAR guy's do give each other a little more room .

I will give you that NASCAR does make money ...But so does Wall Street , ... then again ...Wall Street doesn't entertain me either .
To each his own. :-)

We have guests from Tokyo who wanted to see an American baseball game so we took them to Dallas last week to see a Rangers game. I have had more fun watching paint dry. Go figure.
post #45 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 6:26 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
Did you see the TV audience shares for the Coca Cola 600 v. the Indy 500 yesterday? Did you see the vacant seats at the IMS?
Attendance Numbers:

Indianapolis 500: 297,000+ (unofficial as Indy doesn't release official attendance numbers)
Coca Cola 600: 160,000

Given that The Brickyard has 257,000 permanent seats, and capacity for 130,000 on the infield, and the infield grass along turns 2 and 3 were opened for the first time in several years, I would have moved from the stands to get into the infield myself. Estimates ranged from 260,000 to 335,000, so the 297K sounds like a good number.

TV Share:

Indianapolis 500: 6.6 share (the pre-race show had a 4.3 share)
Coca Cola 600: 5.0 share (peak in the last hour, it started with a 4.1 share)

Like with many things, Professional Wrestling, er, I mean NASCAR has overhyped itself. Maybe Bernie Ecclestone will bring F1 back to the US.

-
post #46 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 9:41 pm

How about playing in the dirt

I like the real sprint cars that run on the dirt tracks, 410 cubic inch motors in 1200 pound cars banging wheels at 120 MPH while sliding in the corners sideways. Love the sound & smell and short races 10 lap heats and 20 to 50 lap mains and not too many imports running in this series. Speed channel is supposed to carry some of the World of Outlaws races this summer. But more fun to actually be there so you can go home with a layer of dust on you.

--Thats OK I don't care--
post #47 of 53 Old May 26th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Hmm. I don't remember seeing any honeys in the NASCAR races. Guess they couldn't get in.....They still have all of their teeth.

Just joking. I'm from the South, that entitles me to poke fun.

--------
James
post #48 of 53 Old May 27th, 2008, 5:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3GA
Hmm. I don't remember seeing any honeys in the NASCAR races. Guess they couldn't get in.....They still have all of their teeth.

Just joking. I'm from the South, that entitles me to poke fun.

--------
James

Can you imagine what the "Dirt Track Honey" would look like?

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #49 of 53 Old May 27th, 2008, 8:15 am

Thumbs up Re: Indy 500 - Year of the Hotties!

Can you imagine what the "Dirt Track Honey" would look like?

Can you say "Daisy Duke"

--Thats OK I don't care--
post #50 of 53 Old May 27th, 2008, 8:51 am

Quote:
Attendance Numbers:

Indianapolis 500: 297,000+ (unofficial as Indy doesn't release official attendance numbers)
Coca Cola 600: 160,000

Given that The Brickyard has 257,000 permanent seats, and capacity for 130,000 on the infield, and the infield grass along turns 2 and 3 were opened for the first time in several years, I would have moved from the stands to get into the infield myself. Estimates ranged from 260,000 to 335,000, so the 297K sounds like a good number.

TV Share:

Indianapolis 500: 6.6 share (the pre-race show had a 4.3 share)
Coca Cola 600: 5.0 share (peak in the last hour, it started with a 4.1 share)

Like with many things, Professional Wrestling, er, I mean NASCAR has overhyped itself. Maybe Bernie Ecclestone will bring F1 back to the US.
Ole Bernie has too much on his plate right now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in