stole this from another site! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 9th, 2008, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

stole this from another site!

A BIKERS PLEA...

1. I'm just like you. I have friends, family,loved ones and a responsible job. If I'm not on my bike and not in my gear, you could not pick me out from anybody else. I am well read and have interesting hobbies, and .... sometimes I ride my motorcycle. When I ride my motorcycle, I am not running meth for some outlaw motorcycle gang and I am not going to/coming from a drinking establishment. Nor am I part of a stunt group.

2. Bikers ride the way they do for a reason. I'm not talking about mile long wheelies... but when I whizz by you fast, it is because I do not ride in anybody's blind spot. The more time I spend in close proximity to another vehicle, the higher the probability that something bad will happen to me. Don't take it personally that I go by you with a 20mph differential and then slow down. You drive your pace... I'll drive mine and let the tickets fall where they may. And I'm not passing that 18 wheeler until I can get all the way by him in one blast... His tires exploding could kill me as opposed to scratching the paint on my car.

3. Please understand that I do not want to pop a wheelie for your kid and I don't want to race you; and please stay the hell off my rear. I bought this bike because the performance of all production cars were becoming a little underwhelming. Just because you put a farting exhaust on your Civic does not mean that I will covet your car, or want to race.
( well, maybe sometimes, if your GF is along, just to embarass you)

4. I'm looking at obstacles through a soda straw called a helmet and relying on mirrors that are vibrating pretty good. I'm looking at the big picture... don't expect me to interpret hand signals to the rear. Please give me a little room... please. Oh... and about that helmet... I'm not hearing anything you want to say to me. Nothing personal.

5. I am simply a guy or gal trying to master a very simple machine with very complex dynamics. Please don't assume that the guy or girl on a sportbike is actually flattered by the extra attention you try and throw at us while we're just trying to get to where we're going. Trust me... you people have embarrassed yourselves more than once in this regard, oh and male drivers, stop the hate....seriously.

6. I am more scared of you. Statistics show that if I die on a motorcycle, more than likely it will be from a driver that did not see me until it was too late. Why in the hell are you scared of me? Just leave me alone... and give me some room.

7. Oh, and another thing. There is a lever on the left side of YOUR steering wheel. You can use it to signal your intention to go left or go right.
USE THE DAMN THING!!

8. Riding a motorcycle is so different from driving a car that it can not be explained. Accept that. Give me some points for riding a vehicle to work that is three times more efficient than my car and eases the congestion on the road. Most of all, just give me some space.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 9th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Re: stole this from another site!

yup... I think if folk's can't pass the MC test, they shouldn't be put in charge of a car.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #3 of 5 Old May 9th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
yup... I think if folk's can't pass the MC test, they shouldn't be put in charge of a car.
Funny you should say that Channing. In France most people first ride a motorcycle (minimum legal age 16) before they can drive a car (minimum legal age 18), and each requires its own license. This means that most people ride a bike before they drive.
I never understood why in California you have to have a (car) driver's license and then a motorcycle endorsement.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #4 of 5 Old May 9th, 2008, 4:31 pm

VERY WELL SAID.

This should be given to every idiot in a cage!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #5 of 5 Old May 9th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
VERY WELL SAID.

This should be given to every idiot in a cage!
+1 on that. Agree on all points made above as well. Well done.

Mark
'07 RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in