Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me! - BMW Luxury Touring Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 7:54 pm Thread Starter

Talking Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me!

I going to save the planet tomorrow by riding my GT, like I do almost every day.
Al, reduce your carbon footprint by parking those limos and jets and join me --- or hold your breath.

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 11:13 pm

Re: Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norriscooper
I going to save the planet tomorrow by riding my GT, like I do almost every day.
Al, reduce your carbon footprint by parking those limos and jets and join me --- or hold your breath.

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

Al Gore and all his Greenie buddies can blow me.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #3 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:36 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
Al Gore and all his Greenie buddies can blow me.

F
Another redneck attitude to global warming

2003 K1200LTE Impala Brown
1991 Kawazaki 1000 LTD US 1983 (sold)
1987 Suzuki GSX 1100 1982 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GS 650 LTD 1982 (sold)
1979 3xKawazaki z 100 lt 1979 (sold)
1979 Vespa 50 Scooter 1968 (Given away)

Member of BMW Mottorrad club of Norway
Member Senior MC, Norway
Supporting Member (BMWLT.com)

post #4 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalao
Another liberal attitude towards what is a LIE!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 7:20 am

Can't we all just get along???

Now let's all hold hands and sing a chorus of "We Are The World".
post #6 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 7:23 am

Quote:
Hypocrisy deserves and begets redneck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #7 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 7:27 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Can't we all just get along???

Now let's all hold hands and sing a chorus of "We Are The World".
With all of us singing that would produce to much CO2 pollution
We can just hold hands

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #8 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 8:02 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Bite on this, chew slowly

Quote:
It's the rednecks of the world that put food on your plate.

Heard some complete fool talking about cutting back on red meat to reduce CO2 because of the grain they eat. Total lie. very little of what they eat are grains, they forage for grass in what is land that is unfit to farm. More grain goes into the production of booze and ethanol than goes into cattle feed!

30 years ago it was global cooling- we got farce that turned around.

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA -- Cattle Rancher
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

Last edited by norriscooper; Apr 22nd, 2008 at 8:16 am.
post #9 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 8:27 am

Good attitude. Why should we care or want to give up one bit of our hard worked for comfort, the scientists could be wrong. It's only our kids and grandkids future so why worry, we'll be long dead.

The earth is not inherited form our fathers, rather borrowed from our children.

But like a bad tenant, we donít give a sh~# about how we leave it for the next resident

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

post #10 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 8:28 am

I have something you could bite

Quote:
It's the rednecks of the world that put food on your plate.

Heard some complete fool talking about cutting back on red meat to reduce CO2 because of the grain they eat. Total lie. very little of what they eat are grains, they forage for grass in what is land that is unfit to farm. More grain goes into the production of booze and ethanol than goes into cattle feed!
Actually its the cow farts, the methane, that adds to the problem. Even G Dumbya admits it is a real issue. (Though I realize using GWB as an ally to Gore's point is suicide)

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
post #11 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 8:45 am

Quote:
Just a little reading besides the daily headlines will quickly establish that the "Rednecks" have plenty of highly educated international company. Here is a good place to start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...spiracy_theory

And if we in the US think that our press is one-sided, read some of the European publications. If you believe them, global warming is an absolute proven and undisputed fact.

It is great that we are all working on reducing pollution, who in his right mind can argue with that? But things like ethanol fuel and carbon tax just eat up money and distract from the real issues.

There has been real progress that gets little press, like the use of water based paints, and the dramatic reduction in auto emissions achieved by incremental improvements of exsisting technology. The technologies currently used by companies like Caterpillar and VW have improved the fuel economy and reduced emissions of diesel engines dramatically. It has had more effect than all the hybrids and ethanol cars put together. Has that made the headlines?

Debate is great, constantly repeating opinions as if they are facts is not.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #12 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 8:50 am Thread Starter

Talking Re: I have something you could bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridcage
Actually its the cow farts, the methane, that adds to the problem.
Compost piles produce methane as do politicians . All people fart, some proudly. Your motorcycles produce CO2, and a whole lot more other emissions (more than cars).
Park them, for the children.

Norris Cooper
post #13 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 8:56 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Wolfgang know what I am saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Just a little reading besides the daily headlines will quickly establish that the "Rednecks" have plenty of highly educated international company. It is great that we are all working on reducing pollution, who in his right mind can argue with that? But things like ethanol fuel and carbon tax just eat up money and distract from the real issues.
Wolfgang,
You get an A+, you may have the rest of the day off to go ridding!

Norris Cooper
post #14 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 9:25 am

Quote:
thats too funny, Im not a redneck...Ive got a masters degree....

BTW, my wife, from YOUR home country of Norway (Bergen) laughs at you and your ignorance.

Do a bit of investigation before you spout off.....and quit with the kool-aid speak.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #15 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 9:42 am

Quote:
There has been real progress that gets little press, like the use of water based paints, and the dramatic reduction in auto emissions achieved by incremental improvements of exsisting technology. The technologies currently used by companies like Caterpillar and VW have improved the fuel economy and reduced emissions of diesel engines dramatically. It has had more effect than all the hybrids and ethanol cars put together. Has that made the headlines?

Debate is great, constantly repeating opinions as if they are facts is not.
Not to mention that the production of ethanol uses more gasoline than if we were to just burn the gasoline - more pollution and higher costs per gal.
http://feinstein.senate.gov/05speeches/ethanol-oped.htm

But it is a good place to start I guess. I'm hoping these current gas prices bring some invention out of the archives (like those mighty 100 mpg carburators we've all heard about) that will reduce our dependency on oil.

Oh and hell yea I'm a redneck!

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #16 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauer608
I'm hoping these current gas prices bring some invention out of the archives (like those mighty 100 mpg carburators we've all heard about) that will reduce our dependency on oil.

Oh and hell yea I'm a redneck!
If it sounds too good to be true, often it is. Like the 100mpg + carburetor.
http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp

The real progress will most likely not come from some dramatic invention but from the economically feasible development of known technology. Such things as: Solar and wind power, nuclear power, direct fuel injection, turbo diesels, low roll resistance tires, recycling of chemicals and lubricants, better management of traffic flow, user friendly public transport, and the list goes on.

Progress does not come from Earth Day demonstrations and singing Kum-Ba-Ya, but from mid-level engineers going to work every day and diligently working on long term projects.

Not real sexy stuff. But real stuff that works.

Wolfgang

R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

Mark Twain

post #17 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:26 am Thread Starter

Exclamation Re: Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me!

Ok since I started this I will try to shed a little more light on my position.

I am not convinced that CO2 produced by human activity is a problem. The earth has warmed and cooled before people or oil!

I own a large ranch in the Flint Hills of Kansas. It suitable for only one type of agribusiness; cattle grazing. The top soil is only several inches deep, and then you hit rock and gravel. Grasses thrive in this ground but it is way to rocky to ever plow it and grow corn or wheat.
I have acres and acres of land sitting there scrubbing CO2 from the atmosphere while at the same time providing food for cattle. The Indians grazed bison on the very same lands.

Kansas has wind, plenty of it; we could be the Saudi Arabia of wind power!

Hereís the problem. Our governor and her ilk talk out of both sides of their mouths. They are all for wind power until it comes to putting them in one of the windiest places in the US. The Flint Hills. Itís the old not in my backyard syndrome. The Sierra Club, tree huggers, Luddites, and eco groups are against them there also. They will spoil the view! Many of these people have never even seen Kansas.

Letís get these wind turbines built and quit using sipping whiskey to power vehicles.

Save the gasoline for our BMWís!

Thanks to all who have responded.
Rant over!

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS
post #18 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:11 am

Everything that flows in large quanteties have an later impact that may be devistating

* Lots of subprime loans
* Hyped econemy
* Tax brakes
* Creditcard bills
* and such items
= Anyone of you know that at some stage the feast will have to be paid, becouse at the long run you cant sustain a increased spending and just dream up that you will have the money to pay for it all. Now you are blleding hard and you will be blleding for a long time to repay the debts you have given yourself.

Same goes for numerous other fields.

All life around us is based on a equals stand, there is just the amount of predators as pray to keep the balance streight, as is there that enough air producing plants etc. to keep making air for us to breath in. A evolution that have been kept changing yer by year. I am sure you can all understand this.

Then now we have deforrestation to make room for big cattlefarms or to supply us with hardwood for our garden furniture etc with result that we remove the fundation of giving us clean renewable air.

We polute more and more and makes the air dirty and unusable and our harvest goes down due to it, we get more arrad land and more desserts where nothing will grow and still some of you obviously are to blind to see this is taking place. remember every impact on anything will couse an reaction and we are not up for it, especially with people who simply denie to recognice the dangers we are getting at.

Poluted cities and subprime and economical crises should not have happened if we all lived by the careless ideology that so many of you have shown here.

Then showing that you have a wife from Norway who laugh of me and you having a master degree is just making an fool of yourself, (like my father is stronger then your father) instead you should debate the issues and not tend to lame excuses of intimidations

One final note, I would say that 90 + % of those against my view are republicans. And most of them also think Fox News is a reliable source for valid information

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #19 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:45 am

Quote:

Then showing that you have a wife from Norway who laugh of me and you having a master degree is just making an fool of yourself, (like my father is stronger then your father) instead you should debate the issues and not tend to lame excuses of intimidations

One final note, I would say that 90 + % of those against my view are republicans. And most of them also think Fox News is a reliable source for valid information
this from the guy that called me a redneck....too funny. Back to work now, or are you on your 14 week holiday.....? Why not keep your own country in order instead of bashing ours. Wanna talk about the drug problem over there?> How about your social medicine? Or, we can talk about your oil issues....
Again, put down the kool-aid (or is it Linie?)

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #20 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:54 am Thread Starter

Talking Re: Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me!

Quote:
Then now we have deforrestation to make room for big cattlefarms or to supply us with hardwood for our garden furniture etc with result that we remove the fundation of giving us clean renewable air.
paalpo,
I guess you have never seen my cattle RANCH, do not call it a FARM. ABSOLUTLY NO TREES HAVE BEEN NOR WILL BE CUT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR CATTLE ON MY RANCH. VERY FEW TREES CAN EVEN GROW IN THE FLINT HILLS. They only grow along the creeks.
This is true of most of the ranching country in the USA. There are millions of acres in this country that will not sustain trees
Actually European Settlers planted trees in the great plains. At one time it was all grass.
European Settlers (including those from Norway) did cut down the trees in much of the farm belt East of the Mississippi River so they could grow crops.

Trees will grow back!

GET YOUR FACTS STRIGHT

Proud to be called a Redneck. Do you even know the origins of that term?

Norris Cooper Hiatt Ranch Cambridge Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5122.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	17518  

Last edited by norriscooper; Apr 22nd, 2008 at 12:20 pm.
post #21 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:30 pm

Quote:
paalpo,
I guess you have never seen my cattle RANCH, do not call it a FARM.

LOL ranch and farm I know the difference yes, in fact some friends of the family have a small ranch outside Cricle, Montana with about 200k acres, they said it takes 3 days by horceback to get to the far end. I dont know if they were pulling my leg. And I was there when I was 15 and got to eat "meatballs" from the fireplace after branding and castrating bulls, about the meatballs! I dint not know what that was hehe

About the USA and farm and ranch land, look at this link http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34860 and you see that I have been around 1 year in Ontario, 1 year in Ranchland Durango, CO and rest of a 4 year term in Myrtle Beach SC. Working as a helo and fixwing pilot

ABSOLUTLY NO TREES HAVE BEEN NOR WILL BE CUT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR CATTLE ON MY RANCH. VERY FEW TREES CAN EVEN GROW IN THE FLINT HILLS. They only grow along the creeks.
This is true of most of the ranching country in the USA. There are millions of acres in this country that will not sustain trees

Yes quite arrid, just like Iceland. I ment places with jungle like forrest like Brasil and Indonesia etc.

Actually European Settlers planted trees in the great plains. At one time it was all grass.
European Settlers (including those from Norway) did cut down the trees in much of the farm belt East of the Mississippi River so they could grow crops.

Absolutey + it gave them timer for house and barns etc. But in that age they did not have a media like we have where we get the news from aorund the world and thus can see what we are doing wrong, neither had they the enormeous energy needing machineries. Looking back 200 years and using that for comparishment is not to compare the day and age we live in now.

GET YOUR FACTS STRIGHT

Seems like I have the facts straight, maybe you should read your posts and mine again and then Sir I belive you will see that I am quite knowledgble on the items I debate

Proud to be called a Redneck. Do you even know the origins of that term?

Redneck = pr, your definition is likely this "Rednecks are good ol' boys/gals who usually live in the south (usually in the country) and also tend to have a southern accent. Their necks are red and maybe their arms, too, cause they work hard and out in the heat all day.The group that is ridiculed by most, but deep down envied by all. Some types of rednecks may be cowboys/girls, mountain men/women, country boys/gals, and or hillbillys. " source http://members.lycos.nl/jurgenspage/newpage28.html

When I use the term I mean it in a slightly slandering way as pr say most due when they try to describe a redneck. which I could give a sample of but wont. Living in SC have given me more then adequate information what a redneck is hehe mostly tought by rednecks and anti rednecks themselves

Norris Cooper Hiatt Ranch Cambridge Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS
However I do like the picture of your P38 and if you have one I may try to visit you when I am over there hehe maybe later when your head have calmed

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #22 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 1:02 pm

Quote:

Another European Socialist response to having your dogma challenged

post #23 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 1:28 pm Thread Starter

Red face Re: Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me!

Quote:
However I do like the picture of your P38 and if you have one I may try to visit you when I am over there hehe maybe later when your head have calmed .

Yes quite arrid, just like Iceland. I ment places with jungle like forrest like Brasil and Indonesia etc.

Absolutey + it gave them timer for house and barns etc. neither had they the enormeous energy needing machineries.

"Rednecks are good ol' boys/gals who usually live in the south (usually in the country) and also tend to have a southern accent. Their necks are red and maybe their arms, too, cause they work hard and out in the heat all day.The group that is ridiculed by most, but deep down envied by all. Some types of rednecks may be cowboys/girls, mountain men/women, country boys/gals, and or hillbillys. "

Firstly the P-38 is Glacier Gal which was dug out from under 200 feet of ice in Greenland. It does not belong to me.

Iceland!
Again get your facts straight. My land by definition is not arid. We get 27 inches (685.8 mm) of rain per year. The grass will grow five feet tall. That picture was taken in the winter. It just won't support trees because of the soil. Good for two things cattle and wind turbines.

Perhaps those people in Brazil and Indonesia would rather eat grains and meat instead of trees.

Around here they made houses from rocks and dirt. Burn bison shit for heat.
Do you propose that we go back to farming with mules and horses? And burn trees for heat and cook meals?
Should your country shut down the North Sea oilfields?
Should your people stop fishing the oceans? That uses energy and depletes the fish!

Rednecks: well your close on that one. Originally a term used for farmers because their necks sunburned from looking down at the ground all day long as they plowed their land with a team of mules. It has morphed into what you found on the net. Now-a-days Hillbillies and Rednecks mean the same thing.

I don't like Al Gore or anyone else lecturing me on how to use resources when they sit there in their "Fat Cat" 25 room homes, private jet, and limousines.

I would be delighted to show you my ranch. Be aware that there are 3200 cattle farting shiting, and beltching there. I am about as calm as I will get.

Norris
post #24 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 1:33 pm

No one denies that human industry contributes "something" to the atmosphere. Presently, we are incapable of creating the type of CO2 contribution to make any meaningful difference in the ozone layers. Most volcanic eruptions spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than man will be able to manufacture in 5000 years. I'm glad there is a focus on cleaning up pollution and recycling because it's the right thing to do. We need to take care of our surroundings and not let them turn to shit. You can pay any scientist from any country to give you the results you want to further your position. WE all know politics is full of corruption and lies to further agendas so why would this highly politicized issue be any different. It's a matter of extremes and frankly it has become a highly profitable lifestyle for a number of people such as but not limited to Al Gore. There is some group against any alternative power we try to develop. It's time for the US to use our own resources including oil, nuclear, and the techology to do it the right way. Simply reading the front page and being duped by the Earth Day/global crises hype is easy. That's why many take that position. It's about feeling good not about finding solutions and doing the work that needs to be done.

Norriscooper's ranch was once an inland sea. Long before he lived and after many had died. Something dried up the plains before the industrial age was a sparkle JP Morgan's eye. Trying to establish our own arrogant importance on "saving" the planet is futile at best, narcisstic at worst, and unnecessarily expense to everyone. The earth is a most powerful entity by itself and has shown us time and time again that man's petty creations are simply toys in her hands to sweep away, melt, sink, or deconstruct at a moment's notice. Her ability to rapidly heal and renew herself frequently stymies scientific analysis. No, it's not the earth that needs saving.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"

Last edited by Tallyho; Apr 22nd, 2008 at 3:20 pm.
post #25 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 1:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantime
Another European Socialist response to having your dogma challenged
Sir, as a doctor I am sure you ave heard about the OECD, please look up best countries to live in and look at the top 5. All is socialist capitalism based,. so much for my dogma?

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #26 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 1:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyho
No one denies that human industry contributes "something" to the atmosphere. Presently, we are incapable of creating the type of CO2 contribution to make any meaningful difference in the ozone layers. Most volcanic eruptions spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than man will be able to manufacture in 5000 years. I'm glad there is a focus on cleaning up pollution and recycling because it's the right thing to do. We need to take care of our surrounding and not let them turn to shit. You can pay any scientist from any country to give you the results you want to further your position. WE all know politics is full of corruption and lies to further agendas so why would this highly politicized issue be any different. It's a matter of extremes and frankly is has become a highly profitable lifestyle for a number of people such as but not limited to Al Gore. There is some group against any alternative power we try to do to develop. It's time for the US to use our own resources including oil, nuclear, and the techology to do it the right way. Simply reading the front page and duped by the Earth Day hype is easy. That's why many take that position. It's about feeling good not about finding solutions and doing the work that needs to be done.

Norriscooper's ranch was once an inland sea. Long before he lived and after many had died. Something dried up the plains before the industrial age was a sparkle JP Morgan's eye. Trying to establish our own arrogant importance on "saving" the planet is futile at best and narcisstic at worst. The earth is a most powerful entity by itself and has shown us time and time again that man's petty creations are simply toys in her hands to sweep away, melt, sink, or deconstruct at moment's notice. Her ability to rapidly heal and renew herself frequently stymies scientific analysis. No, it's not the earth that needs saving.

Sir, thankyou. People like you give people like me hope for a better world "over there" I agree 100 % with everything you said.

Norris
"I would be delighted to show you my ranch. Be aware that there are 3200 cattle farting shiting, and beltching there. I am about as calm as I will get."

My mother is from a farm that had 33 dairy cows, 100 pigs and some chickens + horses and nobody work as hard as people living of the land. My area of Norways is the largest farm land in Norway and I have spend many summers working on farms and have had my share of "redneck" experience pr. your definition of the term redneck. So my use of the word redneck is as I said a slandering way just like hillbillies and people who bases their lives on religion and fundamentalist belives and who are brainwashed enough to belive Bush is one of the best presidents of US history. Playing abuse videogames where blood gushing is cool and suporting death sentence but against abortion and thinking a bare femnale breast is bad as bad can be.

However this is a exchange of opinions and if we met at a LT rally I am sure we would still get along fine hehe

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #27 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 2:15 pm Thread Starter

Smile Re: Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. Bite Me!

Quote:
So my use of the word redneck is as I said a slandering way just like hillbillies and people who bases their lives on religion

However this is a exchange of opinions and if we met at a LT rally I am sure we would still get along fine hehe
paalao

I will easy to spot. I will be the one with a Bible and gun.

Norris
post #28 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 2:26 pm

LOL

See how sick that is ? hahaha

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #29 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 3:12 pm

Quote:
Sir, as a doctor I am sure you ave heard about the OECD, please look up best countries to live in and look at the top 5. All is socialist capitalism based,. so much for my dogma?
Actually, I was referring to your environmental dogma and relishing in the irony of your position when contrasted with the fact that your country's economy is hinged on petroleum and forestry

post #30 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 3:42 pm

Paallo,

Just an observation:

When people have a weak argument they quickly introduce new issues. In this case the global warning was hard to substantiate so why not quickly throw in the banking crisis, George Bush, Rednecks, Christians, and Guns.

I believe most on this board like most working, tax paying, responsible middle class Americans of all backgrounds will disagree with you on most points. Being German born and still reading German news and talking to friends and family over there a lot, I know that you represent the mainstream in Europe. I even avoid these kind of conversations with my brother who I love dearly.

Why so many Europeans believe that:
  • Christianity is bad, but Moslems must be respected
  • Far reaching government powers are good, but law abiding citizens with guns are bad.
  • Pollution in the USA is a worldwide problem, but India and China must develop their industries
  • US banks making risky loans to home buyers is bad, but European banks buying the paper and loosing billions is ok
  • George Bush is a bad guy, but Jimmy Carter talking to criminals is ok
is beyond me, I simply don't get it.

One item we agree one: If we get together at CCR or another event like this, we will be just fine.

Wolfgang

R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

Mark Twain

post #31 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 3:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantime
Actually, I was referring to your environmental dogma and relishing in the irony of your position when contrasted with the fact that your country's economy is hinged on petroleum and forestry

True it is something to think about, our petroleum production is a major contributor to global warming. And we pay heavy polution fees when we buy gasoline etc. 1 gallon of fuel in Norway is aprox 13 dollars! The government is now trying to buy enviroment quatas elswhere!!! to give back what we polute. I think we should think of doing that at home before we get a coal powerplant in some african country to stop poluting instead of our own pollution.

Forrestry is not a major econemy in Norway, but fish is, aluminum prodction is also a major industry. And lately we are exporting lots of rock to other countries.

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #32 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:14 pm

Quote:
paalao

I will easy to spot. I will be the one with a Bible and gun.

Norris
I have a Bible, but I need to go out and purchase a shotgun, kinda like the one Jed Clampet had on the Beverly Hillbillies (Rednecks)!

We will be sending Al Gore and ALL of the Clinton's to Norway!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #33 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:15 pm

I wonder...
- does my '05 LT pollute as much as an '03?

- what if only when parked then started on the sidestand?

- can I get more effective pollution using (insert banned product name or your choice of lube here)

- has government's "fees" (for pollution or otherwise) resolved any issue?

- if I can claim my government "fees" are "helpful", can I expect "thank you" cards from Africa for the AIDS $$$ their "government" is using to buy champagne...

- or from the parents of Jihadists, who we helped fulfill their destiny ..................................................

- how would the world be if the Vikings had stayed put? (mind you, this ponderment from "THOR")

- what effect is all the increased activity on the SUN having on blowbull harming? (oops.. sorry about some science slipping in.. my apology... I am not worthy to comment on that topic.)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #34 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:19 pm

Quote:
Paallo,

Just an observation:

When people have a weak argument they quickly introduce new issues. In this case the global warning was hard to substantiate so why not quickly throw in the banking crisis, George Bush, Rednecks, Christians, and Guns.

Normaly I would agree with you, but the fact is that I dont have any week arguument and if you want it I can substansiate my claims with lots of sources for facts But I agree with you that often people start trowing other stuff in to kind a hide their week arguments.

I believe most on this board like most working, tax paying, responsible middle class Americans of all backgrounds will disagree with you on most points. Being German born and still reading German news and talking to friends and family over there a lot, I know that you represent the mainstream in Europe. I even avoid these kind of conversations with my brother who I love dearly.

Smart move

Why so many Europeans believe that:
  • Christianity is bad, but Moslems must be respected
    I dont think that but I also worry how little of the real facts get thrue to the US population like this one: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...my-811769.html
    explaining lots of the reason why Europe stands up and where israel cry anti semitism at us andask the USA for help. But like Norris said, ! I will be the one with the bible and the gun" Sounds just like a fundamentalist in iran with Korean and a gun which is deemed by many as a fundamentalist, then why would not Norris be the same?
  • Far reaching government powers are good, but law abiding citizens with guns are bad.
    Of the western governments the USA as we now are debating, is the furthest reaching goverment of them all with the Patriot Act and surveilanse systems, No other civilized western society have that system at hand as we know of.
    Law abiding citizens with guns could be ok, but why have the guns? to protect themselves? Then what society do they live in when they need guns to protect themselves? Does not that show that there is something wrong somwhere?
  • Pollution in the USA is a worldwide problem, but India and China must develop their industries
    I disagree, them and Russia also have a huge problem in pollution and several more countries. Sadly the rich countries also start such poluting industries in poor countries where they may be more leneanyt for pollution just to get some hard currency at hand. And even my own country is a major poluter by the huge oil industry.
  • US banks making risky loans to home buyers is bad, but European banks buying the paper and loosing billions is ok
    Yeah, imagine that they also fell for it, not many smart bankers oit there and with the failing econemy of big spending and tax brakes should have started major warning horns all over the world, and it didn`t. I am amazed how dumb people and banks can be who actualy did not see this going to happen. And now they even say that the British econemy may even be worce of then the US. Not national debt but general econemy.
  • George Bush is a bad guy, but Jimmy Carter talking to criminals is ok
    Yes, GWb is not only a thief and a war criminal he also brake lots of geneva conventions and unilaterly start new cold wars. Starting illegal wars murdering a million of the citizens there and poluting their country with DU munition for centuries to come for oil!!! Lies lies and lies. Cheating in elections etc and even to compare him to Jimmy carter is a shot in the dark. And you beeing german shoild also know that german courts have warrents for Rumsfelds arrest for war crimes. Also a reason why Rumsfeld did not want to visit germany on his last days as defence minister bcouse of that warrent and thus he wayted for guarantees. Diplomats does not get arrested, we will have to wait til after they are out of office. And if Miloscevic was a war criminal then for certanyly GWB is aswell.
is beyond me, I simply don't get it.
It is beyond me aswell, but coming from a country who is at shared fist place in press freedom an censorship and getting news from USA who is at 48`th place behind Nicaragua on same list http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=4116 I get that the news I get is often more true then the one you and our US friends get. Germany is on 7`th place on that list.
One item we agree one: If we get together at CCR or another event like this, we will be just fine.
Yes we will. but I think political issues should be a nono hehe especialy if I am alone european there hehe

I also guess this tread will be ending now, since this debate certantly went political. And I am ok with that but prepared to debate more if so wanted

Anyway we had a whopping 62 F today and with sutch a warm and nice weather with blue sky, I got to ride some nice roads in tranquilty almost, damn I love this bike

Member Senior MC, Norway

Last edited by paalao; Apr 22nd, 2008 at 4:28 pm.
post #35 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:35 pm

Quote:
True it is something to think about, our petroleum production is a major contributor to global warming.
No, it isn't. But someone is making a shit pot full of money off of you believing it is. It's all about the money. Follow the money. You don't get future government research grants if you report there's no problem. You can't sell the more expensive "green" technologies to people who don't believe there's a problem.

Don't get me wrong, living "green" is a good thing, but this "Inconvenient Truth" bullshit is just that, bullshit. Watch that movie again and count all of the "if"s, "could"s, and "might"s. Pure hysterics.

Every night NBC news does a story about the perils of man-made global warming. NBC is owned by GE. GE makes lightbulbs. Follow the money.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #36 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
- what effect is all the increased activity on the SUN having on blowbull harming? (oops.. sorry about some science slipping in.. my apology... I am not worthy to comment on that topic.)
For those of us who have been paying attention

Years of sun spot activity that we were told was screwing up our radio reception. Then we find out that all that time I couldn't pick up WYNF out of Tampa, the earth's temperature was going up. Can't be related; that's too easy. Sun spot activity decreases and lo and behold...the latest research shows no measurable increase in mean temp for the last few years.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #37 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
For those of us who have been paying attention.... for the last few years.
Dave, Dave's not here, man....

When I read that I could hear "Sister Mary Elephant"... "Class, classsss, ClAAAASSSS!.... Shadduuuuupppp!" (Don't be messing with them, Dave...)

No wonder you are "Gail's trophy husband."

We now return you to NBC programming ... NBC = Not Bikin' Currently.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #38 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
. Follow the money.
Once again, my dad was right. He used to say: If you don't understand whats going on, just follow the trails of Sex and Money, and you will find the answer.

Paaloo,

Next time you go to Germany you must visit my brother, be believes in all the same conspiracy theories that you do He is a great guy, is educated, (unfortunately by German goverment schools) loves wine, food and bikes, and you all can spend a whole weekend talking about the bad old USA...

For what it is worth:
On May 17th I am attending a function to celebrate the anniversary of the Berlin Airbridge (Luftbrueke). Representatives from many European countries will be present to show their gratitude for the US help after WW2. Refreshing in an age were US bashing is in, and all the help we extend even to our enemies is rarely mentioned

Wolfgang

R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

Mark Twain

post #39 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 5:01 pm

All professional politicians can bite me! And it can be everyday, including Earth Day.

Today, in honor of Earth Day, I have pledged not to fire up that sadistic piece of machinery, The DR Mower from hell. No weeds will be knocked down by hand today.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #40 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 5:55 pm

Quote:
Once again, my dad was right. He used to say: If you don't understand whats going on, just follow the trails of Sex and Money, and you will find the answer.

Paaloo,

Next time you go to Germany you must visit my brother, be believes in all the same conspiracy theories that you do He is a great guy, is educated, (unfortunately by German goverment schools) loves wine, food and bikes, and you all can spend a whole weekend talking about the bad old USA...

hehe I might do that? Northern germany or ?

For what it is worth:
On May 17th I am attending a function to celebrate the anniversary of the Berlin Airbridge (Luftbrueke). Representatives from many European countries will be present to show their gratitude for the US help after WW2. Refreshing in an age were US bashing is in, and all the help we extend even to our enemies is rarely mentioned

I agree that the Marshall aid was good for europe ( I wont go into the details of the loans that had to be paid back etc) But heliping one time does not credit a country to do all kind a evil in the future without anyone speaking up...or does it ?
take care

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #41 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 5:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
All professional politicians can bite me! And it can be everyday, including Earth Day.

Today, in honor of Earth Day, I have pledged not to fire up that sadistic piece of machinery, The DR Mower from hell. No weeds will be knocked down by hand today.

hehe yeah that mower My fathers would not even start when I tried it on saturday!

Well time for bed here, at 01:00 hours

Member Senior MC, Norway
post #42 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:05 pm

Quote:
take care
My brother is in Bremen. You may want to do some reading on how much foreign aid the USA has paid out in just the last 10 years. And now we really need to end this debate and go back to bike talk.

Wolfgang

R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

Mark Twain

post #43 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:13 pm

I am not sure but should this be in Chit chat forum?
Oh boy I am going to get aren't I

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #44 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove
How about the humor forum... some of the statements do qualify..

Wolfgang

R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

Mark Twain

post #45 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:21 pm

Quote:
How about the humor forum... some of the statements do qualify..
Why yes they are

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #46 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:14 pm Thread Starter

Cool My work here is done, until next year. hehe

paalao,

Well another Earth Day has come and gone. Now I can return to my daily redneck routine.
When you get to this country y'all be sure and stop by and sit a spell.
It's been real.

I haven't had this much fun since I heckled the jugglers at the street car turn around in San Francisco!

06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS
post #47 of 81 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:29 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Yes, and it is now.
Quote:
Um..... no.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #48 of 81 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 1:45 pm

Re: Happy Earth Day Al Gore & Friends. ICE AGE ALERT ADDED!!

Ice-age alert!!

I wish I was smart enough to make this up... My question is since "Rednecks" are the only ones disputing global warming as I learned yesterday and this is from Australia, with sources in Britain, NY, and California not places known to have a lot of Rednecks what is going on? Another US conspiracy??
Well, there is a NASA unit in Alabama involved, it must be them..

Here is a preview of the article:

All four agencies that track Earth's temperature (the Hadley Climate Research Unit in Britain, the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, the Christy group at the University of Alabama, and Remote Sensing Systems Inc in California) report that it cooled by about 0.7C in 2007. This is the fastest temperature change in the instrumental record and it puts us back where we were in 1930. If the temperature does not soon recover, we will have to conclude that global warming is over.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...rom=public_rss

Wolfgang

R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

Mark Twain

Last edited by Wolfgang; Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:53 pm.
post #49 of 81 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 2:27 pm

Let's see, you are going to make the assertion that global warming is over because we had one year of cooling. How very scientific. One of the tenants of of global warming is that the weather will become very erratic . Oh well, count me among those who respect Al Gore for winning the Peace Prize.
post #50 of 81 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 3:01 pm Thread Starter

Question Peace Prize, what war did he end. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude
Oh well, count me among those who respect Al Gore for winning the Peace Prize.
walkingdude,

THAT PUTS HIM RIGHT UP THERE WITH YASSAR ARAFAT!!!

Shame on you dude. I was going to stay away from this until next Earth Day! You make it too easy for me.

Norris
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in