Economy got you down? Then invest HERE! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 6:37 am Thread Starter

Economy got you down? Then invest HERE!

Ok, so I missed the bull market on gold - but there's theres an even more valuable commodity about to bust loose...

These pictures were just taken by a special forces operator who will for obvious reason remain annonymous. Interesting how the America media never shows this on the tube, huh? He just wanted us all to know what is REALLY going on:

Springtime in Afghanistan. Quite beautiful, and you've got to hand it to the Afghany farmers. Pretty much a hell hole for raising crops with just about zero water - except for snow melt that trickles down from the mountains in spring - on a good year. Poppies do VERY well here!

The pungent smell of reefer growing is so strong he reported that he can smell it thousands of feet above the valley floor. It is, of course turned into hash for the more "discriminating" consumer.

Apparently even The Taliban is short on cash these days, helping the farmers harvest a bumper crop of poppies, then extracting a 50% tax on them instead of the usual 20%.

I'm not missing the next big run up - time to call my broker!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poppies in bloom.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	17459   Click image for larger version

Name:	reefer madness.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	17460  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Apr 17th, 2008 at 6:46 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 8:25 am

Re: Economy got you down? Then invest HERE!

For the record, when Taliban was running Afghanistan there were absolutely no narcotics beeing made, all dealers of drugs got executed.

The northern warlords that the USA backed were the ousted druglords and now days afghanistan is again filled with drug making plants and it seems with USA`s blessings.

http://www.democracynow.org/2003/8/7...he_suppression

2003 K1200LTE Impala Brown
1991 Kawazaki 1000 LTD US 1983 (sold)
1987 Suzuki GSX 1100 1982 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GS 650 LTD 1982 (sold)
1979 3xKawazaki z 100 lt 1979 (sold)
1979 Vespa 50 Scooter 1968 (Given away)

Member of BMW Mottorrad club of Norway
Member Senior MC, Norway
Supporting Member (BMWLT.com)
post #3 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 9:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalao
Publication date on that linked article is August 07, 2003.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

post #4 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:59 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Publication date on that linked article is August 07, 2003.
In 2000, before we got involved in the region there was negligible poppy grown while the Taliban were in charge, since the Koran says it is considered "against Allah." Now, however, it appears Allah is all for it since this is a Jihad. Ultimately, heroin is the number one contributor to Afghan GDP and funds a tremendous amount of terror. Thus, the GWOT is also the Global War On Drugs.

...and guess who buys their goods? Ironic, huh?

My broker said he could not find a listing for TAL on the DJI, maybe it's on the Pink Sheets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 11:14 am

Prohibition always makes a product more profitable, which leads to more violence on both sides of the battle. Drugs should be legal, and then none of this would happen, but there's too much money in the drug "war".

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #6 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 11:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnoxous
...the drug "war".
Nixon's legacy.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #7 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Poppies do VERY well here!

The pungent smell of reefer growing is so strong he reported that he can smell it thousands of feet above the valley floor. It is, of course turned into hash for the more "discriminating" consumer.

Apparently even The Taliban is short on cash these days, helping the farmers harvest a bumper crop of poppies, then extracting a 50% tax on them instead of the usual 20%.

I'm not missing the next big run up - time to call my broker!
I think you've mixed your hallucinogens, which makes me a little doubtful of the accuracy of this little anecdote.

Poppies are used to make opium.

Cannabis is used to marijuana and hashish.

The cash crop in Afghanistan is poppies, making the country one of the biggest exporters of heroin in the world. That was the case before and (apparently) after the Taliban.
post #8 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 3:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalLT
I think you've mixed your hallucinogens, which makes me a little doubtful of the accuracy of this little anecdote.

Poppies are used to make opium.

Cannabis is used to marijuana and hashish.

The cash crop in Afghanistan is poppies, making the country one of the biggest exporters of heroin in the world. That was the case before and (apparently) after the Taliban.
......Ummmmm. OK - whatever you say!

An anecdote is a short tale about an amusing biographical incident. I was not there....

I was simply commenting on the bounty of crops grown in Afghanistan that end up being purchased mainly by white middle class teenagers in the USA. The irony being that they are the sons and daughters of hard working citizens that trudge off to meaningless jobs day after day. They in turn pay exhorbitant taxes to fund the troops to - oh - never mind...

Poppies are used to make opium ?? - and here I thought all along it was heroin.

Last time I checked reefer = cannabis = marijuana = leaf = pot = joint = sativa = ganja = 420 = all lit up! Mix it together, do the hokey pokey and whaddya' got? HASH!

I'm gonna go watch Reefer Madness - my fav scene is the one where:

....seeking advice from his boss, Jack is told to shoot Ralph so he keeps his mouth shut. Meanwhile, at the apartment, Blanche offers to play some piano music for Ralph to keep his mind off things. They are both very high, and Ralph tells her to play faster. She increases her playing speed to a downright cartoon-like speed in one of the film's most famous and over-the-top sequences.

Absolutely hysterical but does not make much sense.

Kinda like your post!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #9 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 3:52 pm

I LIKE the war on drugs. It has made me lots of overtime!

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC
post #10 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 3:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
I'm gonna go watch Reefer Madness - my fav scene is the one where:

....seeking advice from his boss, Jack is told to shoot Ralph so he keeps his mouth shut. Meanwhile, at the apartment, Blanche offers to play some piano music for Ralph to keep his mind off things. They are both very high, and Ralph tells her to play faster. She increases her playing speed to a downright cartoon-like speed in one of the film's most famous and over-the-top sequences.
You know, I've heard about this Reefer Madness movie for a while, and have never watched it. It's celebrated as being one of the most biased, government propaganda films of all time. I see that it's available for instant viewing on Netflix. Guess what I'm going to watch this weekend?

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #11 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnoxous
....Guess what I'm going to watch this weekend?
I hear it's funnier if your stoned.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #12 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
I hear it's funnier if your stoned.
But, that's illegal? Nobody ever does things once they're made illegal. It's the will of the people.

Okay, I'm mixing threads. Maybe I'll just get drunk first. That drug is legal, for now.

- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #13 of 13 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 12:29 pm

Well, I watched Reefer Madness. I wasn't high or drunk. That's probably unfortunate.

I knew it was a propaganda film, but it exceeded my expectation in that regard. I especially like the "case" of a 16 year old, high on marijuana, killed his entire family with an ax. I haven't been around many people when they're stoned, but in my limited experience, they aren't typically that industrious.

At least it's a bit of American culture I've now added to my human experience. Maybe that makes me a better person.

- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in