Dumbest mechanic award - Prize will be awarded! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:40 pm Thread Starter

Question Dumbest mechanic award - Prize will be awarded!

Another thread here proved me pretty dumb recently .... in tearing apart the dash and windshield before checking the fuse as to why my windscreen did not function.

So... Let's start a contest... what's the dumbest do-it-yourself mechanic story out there?

Be honest... I'll pick a winner on tax day April 15.

The prize I have chosen for the winner is desirable, trust me.

The story has to be something you have done and are willing to admit to publicly here.

Good Luck

chris k
N Kentucky
2002 LTE "Matilda"
1985 Goldwing
1986 Suzuki GS650
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:44 pm

Re: Dumbest mechanic award - Prize will be awarded!

Are "hammer stories" allowed =)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:10 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Are "hammer stories" allowed =)
How about "getting hammered Stories"?

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC

post #4 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 12:46 am

I'll start:
I was about 17 or 18 years old, and put a new motor in my nice looking Buick Century. This was done on the lawn in my backyard, with an 'A' frame I made with 3 small trees I cut down and a come along. Got everything hooked back up, and it started it right up so thought I'd take it for a spin before putting the hood back on. Threw it in reverse, cranked the wheel hard and started moving. Heard a horrible crunching/crinkling sound. Had a very wrinkly hood with tread marks right down the middle on an otherwise nice car after that.

Rick
'01 LT
post #5 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 5:49 am

My story is VERY similar to Rick-L's.

'Twas the summer of '91, and I was going to haul my beloved Honda V65 down to south Florida in my Dodge work van. I spent the better part of a day preparing my bike for the trip, changing fluids, detailing, you know the drill. The next morning, I pulled the bike out of the 1-car garage and completed the finishing touches and parked it in the backyard.

Next, I needed to change the fluids in the Dodge van. I pulled it into the backyard to work on it. I got all of the maintenance items done, then cleaned it out completely and washed it up. I was ready to go! I then pulled the van back to where my bike was parked so I could load it up.

I can't remember why, but I needed to go into the house for something. I was in the house for a minute, when I heard the neighbor kids yelling and screaming my name and telling me to "STOP! STOP!!!". I came flying out of the house to watch my van running into my V65. Seems that I didn't put the van in Park when I shut it off. Once inside the house, the van was on a slight incline so it proceeded to roll backwards into my bike. FORTUNATELY, nothing was really damaged but my pride. I eventually got the bike loaded up, and that whole trip went without a hitch.
post #6 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 6:36 am

I was eighteen and doing my first engine swap in a 1963 Fairlane.My dad and his cousin were setting on the steps drinking beer and making smart ass remarks while I fumbled my way thru this process.I wouldn't have attempted this on my own ,but these two bozos had convinced me how easy it would be.So I get every thing back together and I'm checking it over before I fire it up,and notice a box on the work bench.It seems your oil pump will not work without a pickup tube.

Jeff Bokusky

Shoreview ,Mn.

2001 K1200LT ---
1973 Harley FLH 96 c.i.
1948 Harley EL 88 c.i.
1985 kawasaki KX250
1993 honda XR 200--
1978 Triumph Bonneville
post #7 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 7:31 am

We changed the oil and did some other work on one of our airboats... while on the trailer.

When we were done, my pop reached over and hit the starter. The engine "caught" immediately, shredding and breaking the "tie down strap" we had run through the path of the Prop..

Usually not a problem.... but every once in a while we did some spectacular screwups.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 8:30 am

Followed service manual instructions for "changing headlight". Spent 3-4 hrs. on a 2 minute job!

mgbmw2002
post #9 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 8:45 am

Ok, it's the summer of "61" and a buddy and I are going to replace the tranny on my "57" Ford. Should be a piece of cake, well everything is going great, cars up on blocks, driveshaft removed, now all we have to do is remove trans. So I slide under car and begin removing linkage and then the bolts on the trans while my buddy puts a jack under tail piece of trans.

Well everything is going great, get all of the bolts out and then " Disaster" as I pull trans back from bellhousing the whole darn thing comes out and is laying on my chest. Buddy tries to help lift trans off my chest but there is no clearance, Oh did I mention it's getting hard to breath.

Buddy finally decides we need help, so off he goes leaving me there turning blue.Shortly thereafter my Dad comes home and finds me, under the car with a trans on my chest, he listens to the story and then starts laughing then he goes to the garage and gets two floor jacks and raises the car enough to drag me and the trans out from under the car. Now why didn't I think of that, anyway I'm out from under the car with a mild case of road rash from being dragged on the driveway with a tranny on my chest, didn't have the strenght to lift it off, anyway everything ends well.

Oh Yeah, I forgot, buddy finally showed back-up 1 hour later. He did bring help, Yeah Right, he shows up with his girlfriend and her little brother "WTF".

Oh yeah, don't ask how much fun it was putting the new trans in, thats a whole nuther story.

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

post #10 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 10:09 am

Does picking up the wrong spray can to clean your windscreen count? I thought I grabbed the Plexus cleaner and it was the can of chain wax, Doh!

I now keep the 2 cans in very seperate locations.

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #11 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 10:15 am

16 years old. A friend had a Vauxall with the engine in pieces in various boxes around the house. he couldn't remember how to put it together so my broyher and I said we'd help. After many evenings we got th e engine together and in and were anxious to start.....
We had a friend in a car push us to start and since we couldn't find the gas pedal, my brother was laying on the floor with a pair of vise grips attached to the accelerator cable. Friend was driving and I was sitting on the fender with the hood off with my hand on the distributer to twist it in various directions until we got ignition.............
Friend pushed, vauxall started with a jerk, brother tried to push cable back in and bent it open......I hung on for my life as we sped around the block lurching and backfiring as I involuntarily twisted the distributer I was holding on to........many circuits before we stopped screaming and ran out of gas......
Much laughing, beer drinking and back slapping when we got back to the garage.......

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #12 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 12:56 pm

I put a throwout bearing in backwards on my '63 Cheby pickemup truck when I was 16. Those were the days of laying in dirt to work on a vehicle and dreaming of the day of being able to work on concrete.

My best bike screwup was working on the LT, adjusting the valves and plugging the English measurement into the formula instead of metric.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 1:58 pm
Gold Supporter

While living in Germany my wife called to tell me her car wouldn't start at her office. I drove to her office and tried to start it, but just heard clicking. Decided I would take care of it in the morning when it was daylight. That night it snowed about 2'. So the next day I break out my tools course this is when the trouble begins (no comments guys...I know I know, but I was younger and dumber then and still insisted on trying to use tools). I dig out the snow around the car, climb under and remove the bolts to the starter motor. Only three bolts holding it on and I managed to only strip one. Pretty good for me. I went to three parts stores to find a starter that would fit. Went back and bolted the new starter on with the two good bolts and did what I could with the third. Got in the car, turned the key Click click click. So, I scoop the snow off the hood, raise the hood and pull the solenoid and run to four different auto parts stores to get the right one. Didn't do too much damage to the bolts or the wires switching this out. Now I have been at this for almost eight hours and it is starting to get dark. I Got in the car, turned the ignition and click click click. During my cussing screaming and hissy fit is about the time I looked down and saw the headlight knob pulled out to the "On" position.

My reaction almost got N.A.T.O. involved.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

Last edited by Lonewuff; Apr 4th, 2008 at 2:06 pm.
post #14 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 3:19 pm

I was a junior VW tech in Germany. I was getting good at transmission repairs and had done quit a few already with excellent results.

Did my first VW Bus transmission. No problem, not much different than the bugs. Except the final drive is assembled opposite from the bugs to cancel out the directional change that happens in the reduction gears that are only on the buses.

Well, I did not think about that. Bus is is already to go. I get it in 1st gear, start it up, dump the clutch and plan to show off -remember I was only 18- by peeling out of my stall.

The bus takes off backwards with squealing tires, creams the tool box, the work bench, the wall, and does substantial damage to the bus...

I worked for the next few month to pay for the damage. The damage to my ego was so bad that I finally left Germany... Glad I did.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

Last edited by Wolfgang; Apr 4th, 2008 at 4:06 pm.
post #15 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Thumbs up Re: Dumbest mechanic award - Prize will be awarded!

I think we have a winner!
post #16 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Buddy of mine bought a HD 45" in some greasy boxes. He did the cleaning and painting and I did the engine. Got to the transmission, he took it apart and cleaned it, I was to come over and put it together as I had done a few before and was comfortable with it.
Got to Rudy's house and the trash cans out beside the house were filled with toys, went inside and all 3 kids were on the couch with long faces. Rudy had a reputation for having a terrible temper at times and I could tell he wasn't happy. He told me we couldn't do his transmission as he was missing parts. After looking things over, I asked him which part. He got real hot and pointed out a gear in the transmission exploded view, explained that the kids had been playing with the gears and lost that one, that's why he was in a bad mood and why their toys were out in trash.
Looked again and then as tactfully as possible, explained to him that as he had a bike, not a trike, he didn't really want or need reverse. The gear in question was the reverse gear. Then helped him get the kid's toys back in before the trash man came by.

B D R
post #17 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 6:31 pm

A very long term member of the Triumph Owners Club and Engineer. had spent months rebuilding and restoring his Trident and boring everyone with all the details. He wouldn't let anyone else do any of the work, HE was an engineer!!
Anyway the day came and it was wheeled out of the garage. His neighbours 11 year old kid said "where does that bolt go?" The answer from the local shop was "in the crankshaft". Engine stripped again and reassembled. Wheeled out again. The bike wouldn't start. Same kid says "Is that wire meant to be trapped under there?" The bike was finally started. Two days later we went on a club run of about 20 miles to a neighbouring club. On the way back Smoke was pouring out of the exhaust and getting worse.
The diagnosis was grit from HIS beadblasting of the cylinder head not rinsed out.
It was off the road again only 70 miles after the rebuild.

We didn't laugh............................................. .much.

post #18 of 32 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 6:33 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I'll keep it simple. MGB. Driving back to AL from AZ following 2 years in storage the darn thing gets lean at highway speed so I pull the choke to richen it up. Next stop I richen up the two SU carbs and same issue. After several of these stops the thing is so rich at idle it won't run. Fast forward.

I get back to AL and over the next 6 months I rebuild the carbs, do a top end, try several different things. The last check was the the brake booster for a vacuum leak and I feel a rough spot on the bottom of the hose. Cut an inch off and stick it back - problem gone. Yeah I felt pretty dumb on that one.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #19 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:37 am

Smile Re: Dumbest mechanic award - Prize will be awarded!

1970, I had a 1965 Comet Caliente convertible while in the Army in Hawaii. I had seen my Dad change brakes, so I thought I could. Went to the auto parts store and told them what type of car I had and it needed brakes. Picked up the boxes and took them back to the apartment. Opened them all up and looked at all the nice brake shoes. Jacked up the car and started changing brake shoes. Noticed that some of the shoes took alot of adjustment and some were tight right away. I am on the last wheel when a Navy guy gets home from work and tells me that I have two short shoes on, where there is suppose to be a long and short shoe.

Not only that a convertible has different shoes front and rear wheels. I had to go back to each wheel and jack it up and take one short or long shoe off and replace it with the correct one. It took all afternoon to change the brakes. I guess I should have paid more attention to my Dad's work.

Ride 'em if you got 'em.
post #20 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 2:44 am

In the early '60s I had a '55 Chevy that I spent a LOT of time modifying, being a silly hot rodder/drag racer at the time. I had put a 327 engine and 4.11 Posi-Traction differential, along with many other changes. It had a 3 speed manual transmission with overdrive. To make it nearly the same as a Corvette 4 speed I put in Corvette close ratio gears, which was a bit of a challenge since the gear on the input shaft was larger than the bearing so that the rest of the gear set had to be assembled onto the input through the rear of the transmission, a very tedious task because of the needle bearings inside the input shaft. I had a Hurst shifter, and put a manual switch on it for the overdrive. It was my poor man's 4 speed!

One day I decided to change all the lubricants in the car. Changed the engine oil, the Posi-Traction oil in the differential, then the tranny. Well, when I put the tranny oil back in I accidently (getting dark and I was tired) grabbed a can of engine oil. Never caught the error.

Next day on the way home from work started hearing little grinding noises. By the time I got home, it was obvious something was amiss in the transmission. Pulled it out, tore it down, and the overdrive planetary set had ground itself into a blue mess, fine particles all over the inside of the tranny. Well, that was a costly (remember the poor man statement) and time consuming project! The only thing I saved was the housing! I was cleaning up the housing, throwing out all the gears and bearings, practically tears in my eyes wondering what the heck had happened. Looked up on the shelf and saw the unopened container of gear lube, and then the self flagellation started! That one will stick with me forever. I have never again mixed up lubricants though!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #21 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 6:03 am

In my younger daze, had a '73 Sportster. It leaked transmission oil from day 1. Guys at work constantly were on me about that. It was usually just a drop or two so I wasn't overly concerned.
One day decided to fix it once and for all. Got a new shaft seal and primary gasket. Tube of silicone, quart of oil and got on it. Friend came over with a 12 pack about time I got it apart. Finished about the same time as the second 12 pack was used up. Went to bed and rode it to work the next morning. About noon someone made a comment that my bike wasn't leaking oil. Oil? Guess what I had not done the night before. Was waiting on the silicone on the cover gasket to set up good before adding oil and never got that far.
Lucky for me, they will usually go about 15 miles (a few other people have told me this) before locking up if run without oil, it was only about 6 miles to work. Good thing I didn't feel like taking the long way, wasn't feeling real well, maybe because of the beer the night before.

B D R
post #22 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 6:24 am

Not that long ago:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...58619#poststop
post #23 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:17 am
Jim
Slow Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
That one hurts to read just as much this time as when you first posted it.

Jim Anderson
Idyllwild, CA
'04 Ural Tourist
'08 Tiger
post #24 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:17 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

Charlie's winning.

chris k
N Kentucky
2002 LTE "Matilda"
1985 Goldwing
1986 Suzuki GS650
2002 Jeep Wrangler
post #25 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Quote:
For some odd reason, I just lost the urge to go work on my GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchris02
Charlie's winning.
No kitten!
post #26 of 32 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 1:44 pm
ajs

Another 'dumbest mechanic' thing, if for no other reason than to prove they happen here too.

Around about 1964 I owned a '61 Pontiac Pariesenne convertible. It had an 8 cyl auto that I believe was a 283. Not sure though, it was a long time ago. I am sure of the rest of the story, however.

Over that winter I rented an unheated dirt floor garage (and that's a 'good' name for it) to do some engine work on the car. In stripping down the engine, I had to remove the 4 bbl carb. I managed to break off one of the studs bolting it to the center dome. When I got the center dome off I set it aside with other parts with the idea I would remove the broken stud before reassembling the engine.

Since this was an after work and on weekends project that I had all winter to do, it was some time before I completed the repair and did the reassembly. I forgot all about the broken stud and reinstalled the center dome as though I was in my right mind. (with all new gaskets and proper torquing) I didn't remember the broken stud until I tried to install the carb. Damn, What to do?? I didn't want to undo all my good gasket and torquing work and remove the dome so I plugged off the intake holes with rags and went about drilling the stud with the dome in place.

When I stripped the engine originally, I removed the rad. and water pump fan and pulley. I reinstalled the fan mounting bolts into the water pump so I wouldn't lose them. It helps to not forget where they go.

Remember that dirt floor, well I was standing on it between the rad. cross member and the front of the engine. The floor (ground) was wet, my boots were wet, the four bolts I had saved in the water pump were still there and working against the zipper in my pants. Who knew? I was drilling the stud with an 'electric' drill, and I was up over the engine as much as I could be to make sure the drilling was going straight. Everything was working fine when all of a sudden, I felt this electric SHOCK in my willie. The drill went flying against the garage wall and I had what can only be described as a sick and wilted feeling in my stomach and groin, as I climbed out of the front of the car. That was the end of the day for me there. I did go back eventually and finished the job. I sold the car that spring. I just couldn't seem to get as interested in it after that.

I was just a young fella then and unmarried. I thought I had ruined any chances I had of ever making a family. Fortunately, that was not to be the case. I eventually married and we now have two grown sons.

No award required here, I got mine when I found out things were still working ok. I must admit I still wonder every once in a while though, with no girls in the family.
post #27 of 32 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:19 pm Thread Starter

Still a few days left on the dumbest move you've made while playing mechanic...

chris k
N Kentucky
2002 LTE "Matilda"
1985 Goldwing
1986 Suzuki GS650
2002 Jeep Wrangler
post #28 of 32 Old Apr 14th, 2008, 9:51 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up AND The Winner is...

Curtis, aka CharlieVT wins the prestigious first annual "Goober Award." A mounted photo of the most famous Mayberry Mechanic ever. Photo makes a nice addition to any workshop. The following story is neatly printed on the back ...

CharlieVT wrote.... For your entertainment (at my expense).
My new Harbor Freight bike lift.
My collectable, rebuilt 1974 R90S on the lift doing final tweaking after hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars invested.
This bike is on the lift, in the garage with the lift in the full up position.
I decided it was time to take the R90S off and put the KLT on the lift to install the Ohlins, do the clutch slave thing, etc.
Recent snow storm made shoveling a path necessary.
So..... I hit the garage door button to open the door and turned to start shoveling the path needed to back the bike out.
Some kind of noise made me turn to look.....
just in time to see my 74 R90S fall from the lift (fully raised) and land upside down on the garage floor.
What a f...king bozo.
I hadn't lowered the lift.
The garage door caught the fairing.
The bike was pulled forward off the center stand.
All I could do was watch as the bike fell and landed upside down.
Truly, upside down.
Really.... it landed on the fairing and the tail light.
Destroyed: tail light housing, fairing and windshield (original paint in pretty good condition), the instrument cluster which I had spent many hours rebuilding, and misc. other stuff that's hard to replace with original equipment.
Gotta get some more Ginko Biloba, or something to improve blood flow to my brain.
Jeez Louise......
Back on eBay looking for 74 R90S parts.

Chagrined in the deep south of Vermont.

Congrats. Please PM me your address. Hope Goober in your garage serves as a constant reminder ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0895.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	17448  

chris k
N Kentucky
2002 LTE "Matilda"
1985 Goldwing
1986 Suzuki GS650
2002 Jeep Wrangler
post #29 of 32 Old Apr 15th, 2008, 8:16 am

AWESOME...

Now if you can only get the BMWLT.COM Logo (approved by the board of course) on it, with as many wrench turners we have here this will be more popular than the DA pins

I'll order one, it's just which bonehead move will do it the most justice, in the past or in the future..

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #30 of 32 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 6:55 pm

Re: AND The Winner is...

Well, I am appropriately dishonored (or honored, I'm not sure which).
I know who Goober is but don't know much about his history. He is an Andy of Mayberry character, right? During that era, we got one channel on the TV, and it wasn't that one.
I have various pics on the wall of my little shop of horrors, and I'd be proud to post the first annual "Goober Award" on my wall. I am sure it will serve not to remind me to avoid future mistakes, but rather portend of mistakes not yet made.
BTW, after I got the repainted parts back on the crashed upsidedown R90S I realized my efforts to straighten the subframe were insufficient, and I had to go shopping for a subframe, disassemble things, and install a replacement subframe. That R90S is now a very sweet bike, thank you very much.

PM sent so I can collect my coveted "Goober Award". I hope to have it on my wall by the time of the 2nd Annual Ride of the Beemer Biker Dudes. (See the Northeast Forum for Ride Vermont 2008, the ride of the BBDs.

I would like to thank my sponsors......

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchris02
Curtis, aka CharlieVT wins the prestigious first annual "Goober Award." A mounted photo of the most famous Mayberry Mechanic ever. Photo makes a nice addition to any workshop. The following story is neatly printed on the back ...

CharlieVT wrote.... For your entertainment (at my expense).
My new Harbor Freight bike lift.
My collectable, rebuilt 1974 R90S on the lift doing final tweaking after hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars invested.
This bike is on the lift, in the garage with the lift in the full up position.
I decided it was time to take the R90S off and put the KLT on the lift to install the Ohlins, do the clutch slave thing, etc.
Recent snow storm made shoveling a path necessary.
So..... I hit the garage door button to open the door and turned to start shoveling the path needed to back the bike out.
Some kind of noise made me turn to look.....
just in time to see my 74 R90S fall from the lift (fully raised) and land upside down on the garage floor.
What a f...king bozo.
I hadn't lowered the lift.
The garage door caught the fairing.
The bike was pulled forward off the center stand.
All I could do was watch as the bike fell and landed upside down.
Truly, upside down.
Really.... it landed on the fairing and the tail light.
Destroyed: tail light housing, fairing and windshield (original paint in pretty good condition), the instrument cluster which I had spent many hours rebuilding, and misc. other stuff that's hard to replace with original equipment.
Gotta get some more Ginko Biloba, or something to improve blood flow to my brain.
Jeez Louise......
Back on eBay looking for 74 R90S parts.

Chagrined in the deep south of Vermont.

Congrats. Please PM me your address. Hope Goober in your garage serves as a constant reminder ...
post #31 of 32 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 9:32 pm Thread Starter

That acceptance speech was a little windy charlie Award on the way. Thanx for being a good sport. peace.

chris k
N Kentucky
2002 LTE "Matilda"
1985 Goldwing
1986 Suzuki GS650
2002 Jeep Wrangler
post #32 of 32 Old Apr 25th, 2008, 11:13 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am humbled to be the recepient of the 1st Annual Goober Award.
Chris, thanks for sending me the award, it will be posted in a prominent location in my little shop of horrors.
I'd like to acknowledge those on this board who suggested that a bike lift was a good idea, without the lift I couldn't have done nearly as much damage.
I am offering tech sessions in my little shop of horrors. Bring your bike, I'll put in on my lift and we'll do what ever service or add what ever farkle you have planned. Just sign the liability waiver before your bike goes on the lift, please.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in