Ted Kennedy and water..... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 4:47 pm Thread Starter

Ted Kennedy and water.....

This guys' untouchable... "whatever"..

Watch while you can.. the links are... uhmmmm.. drowning.

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2008/...polluting.html

"The rich are different than you and I." No way!!!!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 5:13 pm

Wink Re: Ted Kennedy and water.....

A slanted site with "proof" I can't see, is it his boat..etc.

Maybe it happened, but this looks like some pix I could put up and say whatever I wanted to about it. Just my .02..

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
post #3 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 6:18 pm Thread Starter

post #4 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Re: Ted Kennedy and water.....

Now don't come down on poor ol Teddy too hard. He's at a great disadvantage, one of his brothers put a man on the moon, another one put the Mafia out of business and Teddy couldn't get his secretary across a bridge. Appears he might have problems involving water.

B D R
post #5 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Why would anyone be surprised at what Ted Kennedy does or does not do . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #6 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 8:54 pm

What does Ted Kennedy have that Bill Clinton wishes he had??

An ex-wife and a dead girl friend.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 18 Old Mar 14th, 2008, 9:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick
Why would anyone be surprised at what Ted Kennedy does or does not do . . .
Not surprised, Chick...just further reinforcement of the facts as I perceive them from how they are presented... or something like that... It's sad how the guy still wields such "power"... power which the people have given..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #8 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
What does Ted Kennedy have that Bill Clinton wishes he had??

An ex-wife and a dead girl friend.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #9 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 1:59 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Deacon
I often ask why we tolerate these folks and their actions. The power must corrupt their mind. They believe they are above the law.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #10 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 5:29 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove
Deacon
I often ask why we tolerate these folks and their actions. The power must corrupt their mind. They believe they are above the law.
whoooo.. hoooo.. there's a thread starter!!!!!

"Power corrupts... absolute power corrupts absolutely." or something like that... I have to say I agree.

I think saying we "tolerate" them is a very precise statement.

There is an old saying here in Texas.. "Don't pee down my neck and tell me it's raining." Perhaps folks are too comfortable with the "warm feeling" to complain.. or afraid if they do, the "powerful" will bring "discomfort" to their lives... I think it's both.

With people like TK, maybe folks KNOW he's crooked...but he uses that "power" to help them.. so they get a "warm feeling".... If they vote against him, the crooked things he does that bring "Federal Finances" to their area will end... meaning the rich who are the recipients won't throw scraps under the table to the voters.... so, although the majority do not get the "funding stream" from the FEDS, at least they get something.

When my family members were politically "connected", I learned... "that's how things get done, son." There was another saying I learned back there in the Louisiana Bayou's... "Huey P. Long... and Huey pee far." Meaning, there is no where Huey can't reach you... don't screw up." (Huey P. Long was Governor of Louisiana and paved most of the state highways giving Louisiana an infrastructure to allow it to compete (something the FED's kept stopping in their process of "acclimatization" following the War of Northern Agression.)

True.. ever since the FED's usurped STATE powers, we've become their posessions.... Slavery, in it's form was abolished, and replaced by what we currently have.

Will Rogers once said, "Congress meets tomorrow morning. Let us all pray: Oh Lord, give us strength to bear that which is about to be inflicted upon us. Be merciful with them, oh Lord, for they know not what they're doing. Amen."

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #11 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 7:17 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Let's see, dredge up a 6-year-old story and proclaim it as front page news? Nope, no slant to that website at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
...just further reinforcement of the facts as I perceive them from how they are presented...
Ah, now I see.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #12 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 7:26 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Let's see, dredge up a 6-year-old story and proclaim it as front page news? Nope, no slant to that website at all.

Ah, now I see.
Yuup.. some things don't change, Meese. With TK's input in the current political progress... sorry if it feels like "dredgin'... but it does fit TK...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #13 of 18 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 8:49 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Yuup.. some things don't change, Meese. With TK's input in the current political progress... sorry if it feels like "dredgin'... but it does fit TK...
FWIW, I think he's a pompous, arrogant a$$, but then again, a lot of politicians fit that bill. This just seemed like a cheap shot with no real purpose but to bag on someone, that's all.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 18 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 1:17 am

'Ol Teddy's name will live in infamy. ( )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jitcrunch.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	17107  

post #15 of 18 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 6:37 am

Talking Re: Ted Kennedy and water.....

Jeez Chan! Didn't you consult the "Ken Meese Guidelines Handbook" before posting this???
post #16 of 18 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 9:18 am
IBR# 366

Garage

So now we're going back 40 years to dredge up things that are just as irrelevant? Must be a slow news day.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #17 of 18 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 9:57 am

40 YEARS?! Geez, it seems like only yesterday that he committed murder and got away with it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TED_KENNEDY_S_CAR_HAS_KILLE2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	17108  

post #18 of 18 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 9:55 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Quote:
whoooo.. hoooo.. there's a thread starter!!!!!

"Power corrupts... absolute power corrupts absolutely." or something like that... I have to say I agree.

I think saying we "tolerate" them is a very precise statement.

There is an old saying here in Texas.. "Don't pee down my neck and tell me it's raining." Perhaps folks are too comfortable with the "warm feeling" to complain.. or afraid if they do, the "powerful" will bring "discomfort" to their lives... I think it's both.

With people like TK, maybe folks KNOW he's crooked...but he uses that "power" to help them.. so they get a "warm feeling".... If they vote against him, the crooked things he does that bring "Federal Finances" to their area will end... meaning the rich who are the recipients won't throw scraps under the table to the voters.... so, although the majority do not get the "funding stream" from the FEDS, at least they get something.

When my family members were politically "connected", I learned... "that's how things get done, son." There was another saying I learned back there in the Louisiana Bayou's... "Huey P. Long... and Huey pee far." Meaning, there is no where Huey can't reach you... don't screw up." (Huey P. Long was Governor of Louisiana and paved most of the state highways giving Louisiana an infrastructure to allow it to compete (something the FED's kept stopping in their process of "acclimatization" following the War of Northern Agression.)

True.. ever since the FED's usurped STATE powers, we've become their posessions.... Slavery, in it's form was abolished, and replaced by what we currently have.

Will Rogers once said, "Congress meets tomorrow morning. Let us all pray: Oh Lord, give us strength to bear that which is about to be inflicted upon us. Be merciful with them, oh Lord, for they know not what they're doing. Amen."
I think sometimes we are settling for the lessor of the two evils. They run on a platform of "I can do better then the current one in office".
I do also get tired of hearing well that is the way things work, get done, ect.

My question is why would anyone in their right mind spend hundreds of millions of $$$ for a $600,000 a year job .......... Power!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in