Best Buy-ers Beware - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 7:58 am Thread Starter

Smile Best Buy-ers Beware

I don't usually do this, but after receiving such nonchalant service from the people at Best Buy, I thought that this site would be a proper venue to vent my frustration on the subject.

Firstly, I have always been a very loyal customer. I have owned BMW cars and motorcycles since my early twenties. I was in the market for a hand held GPS. As I had just recently bought another GPS unit from Best Buy for my cars and motorhome, I thought it would only be appropriate that I search their site for a good deal on a nice unit. I settled on a Garmin eTrex Legend HCx for $379.99. Before heading out to the local store, something told me visit Garmin's site to do some comparison shopping. Much to my dismay, I found that Garmin's suggested retail price for the same unit was $267.84. The Best Buy price was a difference of $112.15 above the MSRP folks! Not quite the best buy.

So, armed with copies of the two web prices, I proceeded to my nearest Best Buy store and to have Garmin's price matched on the purchase. I stood at the GPS counter for quite a few minutes waiting for an associate. A young lady customer came in after me and two associates appeared from nowhere and fawned all over her. I watched the testosterone fly for a couple of minutes and it was at that point that I blew my first gasket. I told the story to the now very attentive associate. He told me that Best Buy only "price matches" local dealers. Price setting (read fixing) I was told, was done at the corporate level. In my frustration, I asked to see someone with some authority. After being directed to the wrong lineup, I was set to see the store manager. A "floor runner" type manager just walked away, as it appeared that he did not want to deal with my problem. I once again told my story, this time to the profoundly rotund and rather brainwashed Operations Manager. She basically shrugged her shoulders and told me the same story. In a nutshell, she politely told me to go fly a kite. This after my wife and I spent over $1,500 just a month ago on a new computer system and my purchase of the first $500 GPS. Had it not been for the time lapsed since our purchases, I can guarantee you that both would have been returned.

On my way out of the mall. I stopped at the local Radio Shack store. There I was immediately greeted by a knowledgeable and friendly sales person. She told me that they had the same exact unit on sale on their website for $242.99, a discount of $24.84 of the MSRP. Not surprisingly, I have since bought the unit from Radio Shack.

When I returned home, I decided to phone Best Buy's corporate offices to advise them of my experience. The lady there listened intently and once again, I was given the party line. She told me that no one would return my call nor would they make any conciliatory offer or match the Garmin price. Please don't get me wrong. I am not bad mouthing Best Buy. I have spent thousands of dollars there over the past few years and had (I repeat HAD) planned on buying some new appliances and TV for our new house from them. My only point here is that we consumers have a strong voice and tons of information at our fingertips. We should use both of them judiciously and make an informed purchase when ready.

Pshew. There, now I feel a whole lot better.

Ride safe y'all.

Martin
'03 Anthracite K1200 LT
'02 Blue R1150 RT
BMW MOA #44043
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 8:08 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Re: Best Buy-ers Beware

Martin I am glad you feel better. I have not had great experiences with Best Buy as well so I do not shop there. In the Chicago land area we are fortunate to have so many other options to purchase electronics and appliances so I do so elsewhere and not at Best Buy.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #3 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 12:28 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Interesting. But isn't it good to know we have options?

We also had several bad experiences with CompUSA over the years and so just stopped shopping there. We weren't surprised to see our local branch shut down and get boarded up.

I do think you got lucky at Radio Shack though. It used to be a great hobbyist's shop that stocked a full line of electronic components so you could build just about anything. Whenever I go there now, all I get is "You wanna buy a cell phone?" No, thanks.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 1:23 pm
Old Dawg

Amazon has them for $195.41 with no tax and free shipping. Why would anyone bother with Best Buy in the first place??? Once again online shopping is your friend

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #5 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Maybe I am missing the point (ready , fire ---aim!) but, why should a store match an Internet purchase? Store to store, I understand, but many times a product is less on line than in a brick and mortar store. Whole lot less overhead. Customer is not always right! JMHO....

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #6 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 3:07 pm

But the Garmin price was suggested RETAIL. Best Buy: the Walmart of electronics...

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #7 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzen
(I repeat HAD) planned on buying some new appliances.
Whatever you do, don't buy Whirlpool or you'll be sorry...very sorry.
post #8 of 32 Old Mar 8th, 2008, 9:26 pm

I've been in line at Best Buy many times over the years and I'm continually amazed at how poorly their customers can get treated. I can't think of another store where so many people are upset over store policies (return policy, price-matching policy, return policy). I've witnessed many "scenes" where people got into shouting matches with store "management" over disagreements, etc. Those experiences convinced me to make major purchases elsewhere. You can't go back in 3 months and say "but Fred the assistant manager said such-and-such". It's gotta be in writing.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #9 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 1:03 am

Howdy Martin!
Thanks for the update. I will be making purchases in the future... not BB...

I feel for the "employees" trying to make a living ....

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #10 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 8:02 am
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
I've been in line at Best Buy many times over the years and I'm continually amazed at how poorly their customers can get treated. I can't think of another store where so many people are upset over store policies (return policy, price-matching policy, return policy). I've witnessed many "scenes" where people got into shouting matches with store "management" over disagreements, etc. Those experiences convinced me to make major purchases elsewhere. You can't go back in 3 months and say "but Fred the assistant manager said such-and-such". It's gotta be in writing.
Your Best Buys must be different than the ones in Texas. Recently, I missed a sale on Harmony Remotes by 1 day. The manager met the lower price of the sale with no hassle. Also, we recently bought a LG French Door Refrigerator that was selling for over $2400. When we told the salesman that the same unit was available for $1900 at another store, he looked it up on the computer, and lowered the price down to $1799 - $101 less than the competing store.

I've never had problems returning items, including open DVD and software, which is a no-no at 99% of the other places. I've even had a TV go out TWO YEARS after I bought it, and Best Buy took it back for replacement, including giving me credit for the full-price I had paid 2 years prior. I was told that they have updated their return policy on electronics to match CostCo's 3 year no-questions asked return policy.

In terms of immediate selection, price matching, and return policy, I there is no better brick and mortor place to buy things like DVDs, electronics, and appliances than the Best Buys down this way.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #11 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 8:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Your Best Buys must be different than the ones in Texas. Recently, I missed a sale on Harmony Remotes by 1 day. The manager met the lower price of the sale with no hassle. Also, we recently bought a LG French Door Refrigerator that was selling for over $2400. When we told the salesman that the same unit was available for $1900 at another store, he looked it up on the computer, and lowered the price down to $1799 - $101 less than the competing store.

I've never had problems returning items, including open DVD and software, which is a no-no at 99% of the other places. I've even had a TV go out TWO YEARS after I bought it, and Best Buy took it back for replacement, including giving me credit for the full-price I had paid 2 years prior. I was told that they have updated their return policy on electronics to match CostCo's 3 year no-questions asked return policy.

In terms of immediate selection, price matching, and return policy, I there is no better brick and mortor place to buy things like DVDs, electronics, and appliances than the Best Buys down this way.
Jeff you are in the minority. I would love to shop at your best buy. I was in best buy just yesterday looking to get rid of a gift card I received for christmas. I witness a woman getting irate at the service counter over there return policy. I personally have had difficulty returning CD DVD so have not shopped there for some time.
I hope best buy does adopt an improved return policy and in general improve their customer service I would then give them another try.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #12 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 9:35 am

Jeff...You are definately in the minority!
I live in Minnesotata ...the home of Best Buy, and they are known for the worst customer service in the business here! All they want to do is sell their extended warranty...on anything! Otherwise if you have a problem,,,send it to the manufacture for warranty service!
Besides ...if you guys haven't figured it out yet....if you don't support your locally owned stores....all you will have left are the big Corporate stores. You think you don't have customer service now...just wait! The only thing keeping them in check now is the local stores customer service!

There done ranting.
Just my .03

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #13 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 11:07 am

Quote:
Your Best Buys must be different than the ones in Texas. ------------------------------------------
I don't know how Texas got good ones, but CA and TN ones are not so great.

I tried to buy something advertised for sale in a CA BB, but the sales person tried SO hard to "bait and switch" me that I finally just walked out of the store, bought the item for LESS at another store.

I very recently went into a Knoxville TN store, looking for a computer monitor that has gotten great reviews on several web sites and forums. They did not have that one, and immediately went into all the reasons it was no good, but the ones they sold were SO MUCH better. I again walked out, and probably will never go into a BB again.

My experiences in two states have been bad.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #14 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 11:31 am Thread Starter

Best Buy-ers Beware

Just to clear things up, the Best Buy store mentioned in my posting above is located in McAllen, TEXAS!!!

Sorry ElJaffe.

Martin
'03 Anthracite K1200 LT
'02 Blue R1150 RT
BMW MOA #44043
post #15 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 1:45 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfGuy
Jeff...You are definately in the minority!
I live in Minnesotata ...the home of Best Buy, and they are known for the worst customer service in the business here! All they want to do is sell their extended warranty...on anything! Otherwise if you have a problem,,,send it to the manufacture for warranty service!
Besides ...if you guys haven't figured it out yet....if you don't support your locally owned stores....all you will have left are the big Corporate stores. You think you don't have customer service now...just wait! The only thing keeping them in check now is the local stores customer service!

There done ranting.
Just my .03
I can't believe we're even talking about the same chain. I went in today to exchange a DVD. I received Mission Impossible 3 as a gift, and it was the fullscreen version instead of widescreen. I didn't notice until I played it. Best Buy took the opened DVD (which most places you're S.O.L) and let me exchange it for the widescreen version. The entire transaction took maybe a couple minutes -- most of which was me trying to locate the aisle for the action DVDs to find the replacement.

The teen-something employee took my DVD and processed the exchange. He even apologized for the inconvenience when it wasn't even their fault. It's hard for me to even think we're talking about the same chain.

I do get asked about the extended warranty every time I buy something big, but it's not like it's high pressure. It's an offer, and when I say no, there's no further discussion. Like I said, with an easy, no questions asked return policy like they have, there never has been an issue getting anything exchanged or refunded.

The locations in Frisco, McKinney, and Plano are the 3 stores I use the most, but have experience similar experiences elsewhere in the Metroplex. If one is out of stock, usually one of the others has it. So it's even more convenient than ordering on the web.

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #16 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 2:09 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
Maybe I am missing the point (ready , fire ---aim!) but, why should a store match an Internet purchase? Store to store, I understand, but many times a product is less on line than in a brick and mortar store. Whole lot less overhead. Customer is not always right! JMHO....
Maybe they want to stay in business?

Motor On ,/'

post #17 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Quote:
I can't believe we're even talking about the same chain. I went in today to exchange a DVD. I received Mission Impossible 3 as a gift, and it was the fullscreen version instead of widescreen. I didn't notice until I played it. Best Buy took the opened DVD (which most places you're S.O.L) and let me exchange it for the widescreen version. The entire transaction took maybe a couple minutes -- most of which was me trying to locate the aisle for the action DVDs to find the replacement.

The teen-something employee took my DVD and processed the exchange. He even apologized for the inconvenience when it wasn't even their fault. It's hard for me to even think we're talking about the same chain.

I do get asked about the extended warranty every time I buy something big, but it's not like it's high pressure. It's an offer, and when I say no, there's no further discussion. Like I said, with an easy, no questions asked return policy like they have, there never has been an issue getting anything exchanged or refunded.

The locations in Frisco, McKinney, and Plano are the 3 stores I use the most, but have experience similar experiences elsewhere in the Metroplex. If one is out of stock, usually one of the others has it. So it's even more convenient than ordering on the web.
I'm with you Jeff. I've had my BB card for over 10, maybe 15 years. I get what I want, when I want it, in the store or on their website. I pay cash sometimes and other times I pay the item off within the 18 months of free interest. I return stuff with about the same expectations as anywhere else. Just this past month, with BB's help with whom to contact, I had someone come out to my house and update (bad switch) two 57" TV's for no charge. I will take the extended warranty sometimes and other times I just say no thankyou. I've bought computers for home and work including almost all appliances or electronics at one time or another. I've had them install stuff in my vehicles several times too. Most of the time I go in and don't want any help and want to just look on my own. Other times I need help, I'll wait as long as it takes if it's a busy day and talk with someone. Usually they are very helpful. Their Geek Squad has helped me twice over the past two years with a laptop problem and a Zune mp3 player problem. Both fixed in minutes.

I've had my problems over the years with some things like returns or with a salesperson, but I really don't feel it to be any different from some other places. I've heard the whole negative BB thing around here from the local posse too, so it's a real thing, this anti-BB stuff. I will say that Best Buy is unique with its whole concept from their sales service to their customer service. Kind of odd but it has worked for me.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #18 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 2:23 pm

I'm with Jeff on this one. My personal experiences with Best Buy have been terrific. And my circle of friends have had similar experiences with Best Buy as well. That's why we all keep going back.

Perhaps this is a location thing ... or an area thing. Franchises tend to be only as good as the store manager and/or store owner. It all starts at the top folks.
post #19 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
...Perhaps this is a location thing ... or an area thing. Franchises tend to be only as good as the store manager and/or store owner. It all starts at the top folks.
You took the words right out of my mouth, Joe.

What we are probably seeing here is a reflection of each store's management.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #20 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Not sure I agree with the original post here as Best Buy was simply following their price match policy and you clearly don't like that policy, you should shop elsewhere. Commenting on the managers being "brainwashed" and "rotund" detracts from the credence of your agrument.

On a different note, Best Buy and Circuit City both (and likely others) have adopted a policy where they will frquently sell merchandise above the manufacturers suggested retail prices. I was in Best Buy a few weeks back to buy an audio cable. It was priced at $29.99 on the floor, which struck me as really high. I decided not to buy it and went to Walmart instead. Same cable, same brand, model, packaging etc. $6.49.

You gotta be careful. These retailers are pretty slick and crunch the numbers. They know they may sell 20% fewer cables, but if they make 300% more margin...well. I think it's short-sighted, but thet's the thought process.
post #21 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 3:08 pm

As far as a location thing, I've gone to all of them in the Sacramento region more than once. I went to a BB in Bangor, Maine last November, too. I really don't see much difference. I have expectations. Maybe they're just not that high, I don't know.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #22 of 32 Old Mar 9th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007
As far as a location thing, I've gone to all of them in the Sacramento region more than once. I went to a BB in Bangor, Maine last November, too. I really don't see much difference. I have expectations. Maybe they're just not that high, I don't know.
Here in Houston I prefer Fry's over Best Best by a long shot. Better selection, better prices, the help is not pushy, and it is just more fun to shop there.

On the down side, I always end up buying something I was not planning to buy.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #23 of 32 Old Mar 10th, 2008, 8:40 am
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Here in Houston I prefer Fry's over Best Best by a long shot. Better selection, better prices, the help is not pushy, and it is just more fun to shop there.

On the down side, I always end up buying something I was not planning to buy.
Fry's is okay, as long as you don't need help. I've never been able to find anyone who can help -- well, if you look long enough, you'll find that 60-something retiree who's working there because he's a gadget freak -- He knows where everything is and can take you right to it (i.e., a coaxial continuity tester with tone and light). Maybe because the store has EVERYTHING anyone could ever need to find in their lifetime. But like Wolfgang, I hate the place because I always leave there with something I didn't plan to buy.

Oh, and they don't take American Express.

But I still shop there -- because they have EVERYTHING.

-
post #24 of 32 Old Mar 10th, 2008, 9:40 am

A little off topic - but:

I recently took several Mexican pottery planters back to Costco in a paper bag - they had literally disintegrated into crumbs while sitting outside on my back deck. No receipt.

With a minute of searching they found the original date of my purchase and the price I paid - 5 years ago.A quick call was made to the floor supervisor on the two way radio."Would you like cash or a Costco cash card?" was the only response from the clerk.

They also have the BEST steak in town at any price.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #25 of 32 Old Mar 10th, 2008, 9:55 am

Well now!

Needed a fax machine for the house. Headed for Office Depot in Shelby. They weren't real busy and was left to myself. Finally made up my mind, in the mean time, 2 other customers walked up to me and asked me if I worked there and could I help them. Tracked down a floor salesperson and asked for help myself, had to do this twice, was there almost a half an hour. Eventually had some one rush to me and try to help, obvious he was in a hurry and had things to do. They were out of the one I wanted, offered me the display model at 20% off. Decided to take that deal if they could find the box with the trimmings. Turns out it was the store manager who was trying to help me, he finally informed me that he couldn't find the box, wuld I accept another one, a little better for the same price offer. Ended up leaving with a $229.00 fax machine for $59.99. Barnd new, still sealed in the original box. Took it and its working just fine. Guess they are serious about trying to satisfy a customer. Guess I'll have to go back there.

Never had a good experience with Best Buy. Wife won't set foot in their stores.

B D R
post #26 of 32 Old Mar 10th, 2008, 10:10 am

Guess I'll keep beating the dead horse!

My point (obviously not clear) in the initial response was to say that stores have the right to sell at what ever price they wish and we too have the right to buy or not buy. We also have the right to point out a better price and give the store the opportunity to match or not.

What I don't understand is getting upset when the store chooses to not do what you want them to do. It's their store. I understand why a brick and mortar store sells for a higher price than the Internet. Lots less overhead!

I personally don't shop much, have only had one experience at the local Best Buy in Brandon, Fl., and it was OK. I have heard bad things about Best Buy in general concerning returns and warranty, so tend to look at all of the small print.

BIG PRINT gives it to you, small print takes it away!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #27 of 32 Old Mar 10th, 2008, 10:58 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
Guess I'll keep beating the dead horse! . . . I have heard bad things about Best Buy in general concerning returns and warranty, so tend to look at all of the small print.

BIG PRINT gives it to you, small print takes it away!

Warranties are written by attorneys and are Fantastic Marketing/Sales tools. They are there protect the assets of the manufacturer. Do you ever read "THE CONTRACT" before you make the purchase?

In my industry, many manufacturers offer a 20-30 year warranty. Many clients forget (change in management, etc.) they have a warranty after 6-10 years when the systems fail and the water rushes in!

Such is life in the real world!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #28 of 32 Old Mar 10th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Ok I'll chime in here. I don't like to shop BB because of young ill mannered badly trained employees, same goes for Circuit City and most Radio Shacks. About three to four years ago I was in BB accompaning my wife. I was just standing looking at the TV's, just looking at what was displayed on the tube. A young young sales associate (trying to be politically correct) walks up to me and said, "what's up dude!", I looked directly at him and said, " DUDE?, DUDE?" Implying to him that I was very insulted at his approach and his manors. I just walked off. They are lucky if I go into a store about once a year and buy something, usually a CD or DVD. Unfortunately, my wife got me a gift certificate for Xmas so I have to go look for something there to buy. In a large metropolitan area we are more fortunate to have many different locations to purchase what we need.

Rob Asay
99 Canyon Red Lt
"The True Red Dragon"
1982 Honda "Silver Wing"
1986 Gold Wing Interstate "Blue Babe"
1978 Gold Wing
1976 Kawasaki 900
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler
post #29 of 32 Old Mar 11th, 2008, 1:26 am
Cat Herder

Garage

I don't have to put up with Best Buy and their over priced items...
(I have had the same issues as everyone else)

GPS City is IN Las Vegas...

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #30 of 32 Old Mar 11th, 2008, 5:23 pm

That sucks, sorry you had such terrible customer service. My wife works in their corporate office. I know they are trying to differentiate themselves from the other electronics places out there by providing better customer service. Sounds like they still have some work to do.
post #31 of 32 Old Mar 11th, 2008, 5:53 pm

I have had posted previously that I no longer shop at Best Buy but that I had a gift card from Christmas that I needed to use. I stopped on the way home from work to get rid of it and believe it or not had a very helpful sales person. I was pleasantly surprised. However for me this was the exception and not the norm.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #32 of 32 Old Mar 11th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Quote:

Me thinks somebody's got a bunch of BB stock in their portfolio. What else could explain that rave? I ain't drinkin' that Kool-Aid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in